Subject: [MMUSIC] WGLC for draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-19

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:01:38 -0400

This is to announce a 2 week Working Group Last Call for

         draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-19

as Proposed Standard. Note that we previously issued a WGLC on the -12 
version (back in October 2014), and since there has been a number of 
changes to the draft since then, we want to give people a change to 
properly review those changes.

Please review and provide any comments you may have on the document 
changes by Monday, April 13, 2015. Comments should be sent to the 
document authors and the MMUSIC WG list. If you review the document but 
do not have any comments, please send a note to that effect as well.

Thanks

         Flemming (MMUSIC co-chair)

Draft Info:

  This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

         Title           : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
         Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                           Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                           Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-19.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2015-03-26

Abstract:
    This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
    Grouping Framework extension, 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used
    with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
    single address:port combination (BUNDLE address) for receiving media,
    referred to as bundled media, associated with multiple SDP media
    descriptions ("m=" lines).

    To assist endpoints in negotiating the use of bundle this
    specification defines a new SDP attribute, 'bundle-only', which can
    be used to request that specific media is only used if bundled.  This
    specification also updates sections 5.1, 8.1 and 8.2 of RFC 3264 to
    allow an answerer to assign a non-zero port value to an "m=" line in
    an SDP answer, even if the "m=" line in the associated SDP offer
    contained a zero port value.

    There are multiple ways to correlate the bundled RTP packets with the
    appropriate media descriptions.  This specification defines a new
    RTCP source description (SDES) item and a new RTP header extension
    that provides an additional way to do this correlation by using them
    to carry a value that associates the RTP/RTCP packets with a specific
    media description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/