Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel - Proposed Text Enhancements

From: Juergen Stoetzer-Bradler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:09:48 +0100

Hello,

Similar to recently discussed updates of draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-00
we would propose a few modifications of the text in the MSRP related 
draft-ietf-mmusic-msrp-usage-data-channel-00.

Would these be agreeable?

Thanks,
Juergen

 1. Additional reference to [I-D.ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg] in list of normative references.

 2. In Section 3 "WebRTC data channel" was defined as "A bidirectional channel consisting of paired
    SCTP outbound and inbound streams."
    Replacement of this definition with "Data channel: A WebRTC data channel as specified in
    [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-channel]",
    and consistent usage of either "data channel" or "MSRP data channel" in the remainder of the
    document."
    This would the same modification as discussed for draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-00.

 3. Replacement of previous document title "MSRP over SCTP/DTLS data channels" with "MSRP over Data
    Channels" in order to align with the terminology used in [I-D.ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg]
    and with point 2 above.

 4. In the introduction replacement of references to [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol] with a
    reference to [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-channel].

 5. Consistent usage of '"m" line' in whole document as per [RFC4566].

 6. In the gateway configuration section 6 replacement of the first sentence
         "This section describes the network configuration where one endpoint runs MSRP over a
    WebRTC SCTP/DTLS connection, the other MSRP endpoint runs MSRP over one or more TLS/TCP
    connections, and the two endpoints interwork via an MSRP gateway"
    with
         "This section describes the network configuration where one MSRP endpoint uses data
    channels as MSRP transport, the other MSRP endpoint uses TLS/TCP connections as MSRP transport,
    and the two MSRP endpoints interwork via an MSRP gateway".