Subject: [MMUSIC] BUNDLE changes based on MMUSIC discussions at IETF#92

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:50:51 +0000

Hi,

Based on the discussions in MMUSIC, the following changes would be done to BUNDLE:

1.       Removal of BAS Offer

-          Section 8.4.2 is removed.

-          The NOTE talking about BAS in section 8.5.2 is removed.

-          The BAS offer is removed from the examples where it exists

2.       SDP bandwidth ("b=") line

-          The procedures in section 7.3 are replaced with a reference to draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes.

OLD:
-------

              "7.3.  Bandwidth (b=)

              The proposed bandwidth for a bundled "m=" line SHOULD be calculated
              in the same way as for a non-bundled "m=" line.

              The total proposed bandwidth for a BUNDLE group is the sum of the
              proposed bandwidth for each bundled "m=" line.

              The total proposed bandwidth for an offer or answer is the sum of the
              proposed bandwidth for each "m=" line (bundled and non-bundled)
              within the offer or answer."

NEW:
--------

"7.3.  Bandwidth (b=)

              An offerer and answerer MUST use the rules and restrictions defined
              in [I-D.mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes] for when
              associating the SDP bandwidth (b=) line with bundled "m=" lines."

Please make yourself heard if you have any issues with these suggestions.

Regards,

Christer