Subject: [MMUSIC] Draft new version: BUNDLE-17

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 12:54:33 +0000

Hi,

I've submitted a new version of BUNDLE, with the modified RTP/RTCP Multiplexing section.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:17:30 -0500

This seems good.

I have a question (because I don't know the answer):

Suppose the initial offer proposes to use multiplexing, and the answer 
accepts the bundle but rejects multiplexing. And suppose that ICE is 
being used.

In that case, what should be done about running ICE to determine the 
address/port for the RTCP stream? Can it be deferred until the O/A is 
done, so that work is only incurred when multiplexing is rejected? If 
so, does the delay of RTCP relative to the RTP affect functionality?

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 3/3/15 7:54 AM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve submitted a new version of BUNDLE, with the modified RTP/RTCP
> Multiplexing section.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christer
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 18:05:23 +0100

> so, does the delay of RTCP relative to the RTP affect functionality?

So to my understanding you will have to do the gathering to be able to
include candidates for the second component related to RTCP.

The answerer can start ICE connectivity checking according to ICE rules
as soon as it sends the answer. Thus, connectivity checks will start to
arrive. However based on the default prioritization, the RTCP candidate
pairs will be locked due to them belonging to a secondary component.
Only when the corresponding candidate pairs for the primary component
has succeeded will any connectivity checks be done for RTCP. Thus, the
amount of extra connectivity checks for RTCP is limited but they do
result in a time penalty.

Does this answer your question?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------