Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'A Framework for SDP Attributes when Multiplexing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:49:34 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Framework for SDP Attributes when Multiplexing'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes/

Technical Summary

     For scenarios where SDP is used to negotiate the usage of single 5-
     tuple for sending and receiving media associated with multiple media  
     descriptions, it is required to understand the semantic implications
     of the SDP attributes associated with the RTP Media Streams
     multiplexed over a single underlying transport layer flow.

     The purpose of this specification is to provide a framework for
     analyzing the multiplexing characteristics of SDP attributes.  This
     specification also categorizes the existing SDP attributes based on
     the framework described herein.

Working Group Summary

     There was nothing particularly notable during work group 
     deliberations. After the publication request, people noted 
     a discrepancy between this document and 
     draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes
     about whether zrtp could be multiplexed. This has been
     corrected in the most recent version of 
     draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes.

Document Quality

    The document was extensively reviewed and discussed by a 
    large number of MMUSIC members (listed in 
    Acknowledgements section).

Personnel

     The Document Shepherd is Bo Burman.
     The Responsible AD is Ben Campbell.