Subject: [MMUSIC] AVTCORE discussion of extmap and BUNDLE

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 15:16:22 +0200

MMUSIC and RTCWeb,

I would like to make you aware of an ongoing discussion around how the 
SDP attribute for RTP header extensions (a=extmap) should work with 
BUNDLE. This is going on in the context of the update of RFC5285:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis/

Thread start:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/avt/current/msg17531.html

This discussion started as result of the SDP expert reviewer who noticed 
that we failed to take muxing into account for the SDP attributes. And 
extmap is non-trivial and classified as special. So far we agreed that 
clarificatio is needed, but we have not yet agreed to what 
clarifications and their impact. So please review the discussion and 
contribute on the AVTCORE mailing list.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Technologies, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------