Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ice-sip-sdp: Comments on section 4.4

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:54:35 +0000

Hi,

Section 4.4 says:

   "When present in both, the value in the
    media-level takes precedence.  Thus, the value at the session-level
    is effectively a default that applies to all data streams, unless
    overridden by a media-level value.²

This is basic offer/answer, so I suggest to remove the text.

----

Section 4.4 says:

    "If two data streams have identical ice-ufrag¹s, they MUST have
identical ice-pwd¹s.²

This requirements does not exist in 5245bis, and in RFC 5245 it was only
mentioned in the SDP attribute section. Is there a reason for this?

---

Section 4.4 says:

    "The ice-ufrag attribute MUST contain at least 24 bits of randomness,
     and the ice-pwd attribute MUST contain at least 128 bits of
     randomness.²

This is correct. But, it is defined in 5245bis, so I would suggest to add:
³As defined in [ICE-BIS], theŠ².

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:34:21 -0400

> This is basic offer/answer, so I suggest to remove the text.
Is that actually called out in RFC 3264 ? In either case, I'd prefer 
keeping the text.

-- Flemming
> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
> .
>

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 17:37:33 +0000

Hi,

> Is that actually called out in RFC 3264 ?

It may be in RFC 4566. It's basic SDP.

We can keep it if you want, but we don't normally say this in other drafts.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Flemming Andreasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:52:02 -0400

> We can keep it if you want, but we don't normally say this in other drafts.
I'd prefer to keep it.

Thanks

-- Flemming