Subject: [MMUSIC] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-49: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 07:43:32 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-49: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for doing this work. It's important.

I wonder if it's worth adding a mention of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7657
as an Informational reference, because bundling makes it easier for you to
shoot yourself in the foot by using different DSCP codepoints for different
packets carried on a single 5-tuple.

If there's a better document to point that out to people who are considering
using bundling for their applications, that's a fine answer ...

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:25:47 +0000

Hi Spencer,

Thank You for the review! Please see inline.

> Thanks for doing this work. It's important.

Thanks! :)

> as an Informational reference, because bundling makes it easier for you to shoot 
> yourself in the foot by using different DSCP codepoints for different packets carried 
> on a single 5-tuple.

Are you thinking of something like:

"[RFC7657] defines Differentiated Services (Diffserv) considerations for RTP-based bundled media."

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:32:11 -0500

Hi, Christer,

> Thank You for the review! Please see inline.

Something like that. I might suggest something a bit more concrete, like

"[RFC7657] defines Differentiated Services (Diffserv) considerations for
RTP-based bundled media sent using a mixture of Diffserv Codepoints."

but I trust you folks to Do The Right Thing.

Spencer

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 18:04:54 +0000

Hi,

> "[RFC7657] defines Differentiated Services (Diffserv) considerations for RTP-based 
> bundled media sent using a mixture of Diffserv Codepoints."
>

The text you suggested looks good :)

Regards,

Christer