Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-50.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:23:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
        Authors         : Christer Holmberg
                          Harald Tveit Alvestrand
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-50.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2018-04-24

Abstract:
   This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   Grouping Framework extension, 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used
   with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single transport (5-tuple) for sending and receiving media described
   by multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=" sections).  Such transport
   is referred to as a BUNDLE transport, and the media is referred to as
   bundled media.  The "m=" sections that use the BUNDLE transport form
   a BUNDLE group.

   This specification updates RFC 3264, to allow assigning a zero port
   value to a "m=" section also in cases where the media described by
   the "m=" section is not disabled or rejected.

   This specification defines a new RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) source
   description (SDES) item and a new RTP header extension that can be
   used to correlate bundled RTP/RTCP packets with their appropriate
   "m=" section.

   This specification updates RFC 7941, by adding an exception, for the
   MID RTP header extension, to the requirement regarding protection of
   an SDES RTP header extension carrying an SDES item for the MID RTP
   header extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-50
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-50

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-50

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/