Subject: [MMUSIC] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-mmusic-rid-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 05:33:45 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mmusic-rid-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The document is generally fine, but I have a few minor comments:

In the ABNF:

   rid-width-param   = "max-width" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-height-param  = "max-height" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-fps-param     = "max-fps" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-fs-param      = "max-fs" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-br-param      = "max-br" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-pps-param     = "max-pps" [ "=" int-param-val ]

   rid-bpp-param     = "max-bpp" [ "=" float-param-val ]

Maybe I missed that, but what is the meaning of "max-width" (and others) with
no value? Or to rephrase that: are the values really optional?

12.2.  Registry for RID-Level Parameters

   New restriction registrations are accepted according to the
   "Specification Required" policy of [RFC5226], provided that the
   specification includes the following information:

   o  contact name, email address, and telephone number

Considering the European GDPR directive is going to come into force in May: is
there any legitimate use for collecting phone numbers for this registry?

   o  restriction name (as it will appear in SDP)

   o  long-form restriction name in English

   o  whether the restriction value is subject to the charset attribute

   o  an explanation of the purpose of the restriction

   o  a specification of appropriate attribute values for this
      restriction

   o  an ABNF definition of the restriction

   The initial set of "a=rid" restriction names, with definitions in
   Section 5 of this document, is given below:

     RID Parameter Name           Reference
     ------------------           ---------
     max-width                    [RFCXXXX]
     max-height                   [RFCXXXX]
     max-fps                      [RFCXXXX]
     max-fs                       [RFCXXXX]
     max-br                       [RFCXXXX]
     max-pps                      [RFCXXXX]
     max-bpp                      [RFCXXXX]
     depend                       [RFCXXXX]

And now you just registered them without following your registration template
that you've specified above ;-).