Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 06:10:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Bo Burman
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2018-04-10

Abstract:
   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document describes how
   to accomplish simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  The
   described solution uses an RTP/RTCP identification method to identify
   RTP streams belonging to the same media source, and makes an
   extension to SDP to relate those RTP streams as being different
   simulcast formats of that media source.  The SDP extension consists
   of a new media level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send
   and/or receive simulcast RTP streams.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:22:37 +0200

Hi,

This version addresses the AD review issues raised. The changes are 
basically the below ones. But please review the diff:

B.1.  Modifications Between WG Version -11 and -12

    o  Modified Normative statement regarding RTP stream duplication in
       Section 5.2.

    o  Clarified assumption about use of congestion control by
       applications.

    o  Changed to use RFC 8174 boilerplate instead of RFC 2119.

    o  Clarified explanation of syntax for simulcast attribute in
       Section 4.

    o  Editorial clarification in Section 5.2 and 5.3.2.

    o  Various minor editorials and nits.

Den 2018-04-10 kl. 15:10, skrev [email-masked]:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------