Subject: [MMUSIC] PLEASE review rfc4566bis-29

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 17:36:49 -0400

Back in may I submitted a bunch of changes in rfc4566bis-27. Many of 
them were editorial, but a few were more than that. At the time I asked 
for comments, but essentially got none, except for Christer.

I've since submitted -29 with a few more editorial changes. While I 
would like comments on all of these, it is important to have comments on 
the non-editorial ones. (Those who had issues with t=/r=/z= especially 
take note.) Specifically:

- the description and syntax of the t, r, and z lines has been cleaned
   up. The abnf was particularly screwy. Now 'time-field' identifies the
   "t=" line, 'repeat-field' refers to the "r=" line and 'zone-field
   refers to the "z=" line.

- I've fixed a "bug" in the abnf around the zone-field. It used to be
   that you could have a z= without an r= even though we concluded that
   this has no meaning. I've now fixed this so it is syntactically
   invalid. PLEASE COMMENT if you think this change shouldn't be made.

- Made it mandatory to register new <proto> names and <bwtype> names
   with IANA. This was triggered by on of Ben's comments and subsequent
   discussion.

- I strengthened the text describing <bwtype> names, tying it in to
   the decision to make registering those names mandatory. This still
   allows the use of an X- prefix for unregistered names.
   PLEASE COMMENT if you think we should ban the use of X- prefixed
   names for bwtype.

- I further tweaked the abnf so that it will validate cleanly.
   (And I did validate it.)

You can get a diff from -26 to -29 that will show all of these changes here:

https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-26.txt;url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-29.txt

     Thanks,
     Paul