Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:56:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Key Exchange for Network Architectures (KENA)
        Author(s)       : M. Khalil, R. Narayanan, E. Qaddoura, H. Akhtar
        Filename        : draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt
        Pages           : 18
        Date            : 19-Oct-99

As deployment of global IP networks become more widespread, there
are several challenges that become apparent, one of the more
important ones being secure access from a users perspective. Based
on the users service requirements, secure access will have to be
setup between a multitude of nodes in a distributed fashion. The
nature of these security requirements may well be real-time and
dynamic in nature and MUST protect the confidentiality of the user.
These requirements are clearly manifested in the mobility domain.
This draft outlines a general purpose Key Exchange framework for
Network Architectures [KENA] with centralised key generation and
management tailored for distributed nodes. The draft also describes
a specific implementation of KENA in the IP mobility domain by
extending Mobile IP [Perkins96].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Weijun Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:34:17 +0300

Hi,

In the draft, the SS1 between MN and HA is predefined. I like
to know why it does not provide any mechanism to allow MN and HA
update/exchange new SS dynamically?

weijun

 Weijun Jiang
 Software Technology
 Nokia Mobile Phones
 9605 Scranton Road, Suite 150
 San Diego, CA 92121
 Phone: (619)587-5824
 FAX:   (619)450-0806
 E-mail: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: EXT [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 3:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:

---

From: Raja Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:40:55 -0500

It is expected that SS1 will be provided to the subscriber by the home
domain (by programing the terminal, using SMART card ...etc) once every x
months. The actual number of months after which the subscriber needs to
change SS1 is left to the home domain to decide.

However, K1 signifies a dynamically allocated key which is allocated for a
much shorter time span, typically for the duration when a registration is
valid.

-----Original Message-----
From: Weijun Jiang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 8:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

Hi,

weijun

 Weijun Jiang
 Software Technology
 Nokia Mobile Phones

-----Original Message-----
From: EXT [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 3:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type: