Subject: [MOBILE-IP] MIER draft

From: Mohamed Khalil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:08:04 -0500

We would like to announce the availibility of our MIER draft from the
following ftp site:-
 ftp://137.118.21.16/mobile-ip/docs

What is MIER ?
----------------------
     As the large scale Mobile IP deployment becomes fairly imminent, we
     see many drafts proposing new extensions for Mobile IP. Therefore
     there is a real need to conserve the type field in the extensions
     structure. MIER describes a new extensions structure to Mobile IP
     to make the extensions truly extensible and secure.

     Some of the extensions proposed in the MIER draft are under
     consideration in the Mobile IP WG by virtue of other drafts namely,
     MN NAI Extension  and  Vendor/Organization specific
     extension. This draft proposes the same extensions in a
     format that reduces type field proliferation and provides
     optionality for encryption.

M Khalil

Nortel Networks