Subject: [MOBILE-IP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:51:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Mobile IP Authentication, Authorization, and
                          Accounting Requirements
        Author(s)       : S. Glass, S. Jacobs, C .Perkins
        Filename        : draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-reqs-00.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 18-Oct-99

The Mobile IP and AAA working groups are currently looking at
defining the requirements for Authentication, Authorization, and
Accounting.  This document contains the requirements which would
have to be supported by a AAA service to aid in providing Mobile IP
services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-reqs-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Wolfgang Schönfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:17:40 +0200

[email-masked] wrote:

> services....

Could someone please comment on how this draft relates to
draft-ietf-aaa-mobile-ip-req-00.txt ?
Some properties (overlapping sets of authors etc) indicate
that the former is just the successor of the latter
(which Expires Dec.25,1999).
But then, at least one of the two is inconsistent
with the usual naming conventions.
(Maybe, there was some discussion on that in the WG/mailing list
which I missed.)

I know, it is not an important topic, but it puzzled me.
--
Wolfgang Schoenfeld
GMD-IPSI, Dolivostr. 15, Room 118, D-64293 Darmstadt
+49-6151-869-865 (Phone), -818 (FAX)
+49-170-2285450 (Mobile Phone)

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:47:27 -0700

This is a new version of the previous document. I believe that this version
contains real requirements that the Mobile-IP WG has. We, this WG, needs to
come to consensus pretty quickly on the contents of the draft since the AAA
WG has a very agressive schedule and they would like to help us out.

Any comments you have on the draft would be most welcome. Please don't wait
for the WG last call.

PatC