Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Hierarchical MIP

From: Vasos Vassiliou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:15:03 -0800

Hello all,

I am researching the HMIP area and i was wondering if,
besides the I-D on HMIP for MIPv6 there are any other
IETF documents or pubished papers that you can point
me to for further info.

Thanks in advance

Vasos VAssiliou
Georgia Tech

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

---

From: Nam Hoang Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:12:26 +0100

Dear mobile-IP experts !

I have a simple question about INTER-network (inter-domain) handover:

Is this true that :  new link layer connectivity could be only
established AFTER network-layer (here IP) handover finishes ???????

Note: I get confusion while reading about fast handover draft where it
is wrote that IP-layer handover could be initiated through new link
layer connectivity. I suppose that it is only true for Intra-domain but
I am not sure.

Many thanks in advance !

Nam