Subject: [MOBILE-IP] Interoperability Testing for Mobile IP

From: Bryan Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:49:21 -0800

Hi,

I'm interested in interoperability sessions for Mobile IP and similar
technologies.  I know that Connectathon
is getting ready to happen, but are there other session planned - hopefully that
give more accessibility to
results to carriers, etc.

Thanks,
Bryan

---

From: Bryan Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:11:55 -0800

Thanks for the responses concerning Connectathon and interoperability testing.
The problem, from the
vantage point of a carrier, is that it is very difficult for us to take
advantage of what it has to offer.  We want
to be assured that our vendors have interoperability with each other and also
operate correctly with
standards (RFC2002, etc.)

Be assued that I understand the reasons for the results being kept confidential.
However, for it to benefit
a carrier, we must have accessibility to the outcomes.  Of course, individual
vendors can supply them to us
under NDA, etc., but there is nothing like 3rd party certification.

I would interested in a Connectathon type event where results ARE public.
Something that vendors attend
to demonstrate interoperability after they have worked out problems or issues
that might have been
caught in something like Connectathon.  Does such a public event exist?

Thanks,
Bryan

James Kempf <[email-masked]> on 01/30/2001 12:52:24 PM

To:   Bryan Cook/Corporate/AirTouch@AirTouch
cc:
Subject:  Re: [MOBILE-IP] Interoperability Testing for Mobile IP

What's the problem with attending Connectathon? Anybody can attend. I think
they prorate the fees such that you don't have to pay full price unless you
want to do testing. If not, you only need to find somebody with an
implementation
that will let you tag along.

                 jak