Subject: Simultaneous Support of the Lossless Handoffs and the Fast Handoffs

From: Koichi Ishibashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:40:22 +0900

Hi all.

I was looking into Mobile IP(rfc2002, Fast Handoff drafts, etc)
for one of our projects.
I think that a future network should support both real-time
aapplications and non-real-time applications simultaneously.
That is, Mobile IP should support the Fast Handoffs for
real-time applications and the Lossless Handoffs for
non-real-time applications simultaneously.

I am considering that Fast Handoff draft(FA Assisted Hand-off)
cannot support the Lossless Handoffs.

So I have two questions: 

Are there discussions for simultaneously supporting both
the Fast Handoffs and the Lossless Handoffs ?
Or, How does "FA Assisted Hand-off" support the Lossless Handoffs ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Koichi Ishibashi