Subject: conflict in 2002bis3

From: Fredrik Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:22:48 +0100

Hi,

We found a conflict in the draft concerning dynamic home address assignment.

chapter 3.8.1. (Configuration and Registration Tables)
The home agent MAY optionally offer the capability to dynamically associate
a home address to a mobile node upon receiving a Registration Request from
that mobile node.  The method by which a home address is allocated to the
mobile node is beyond the scope of this document, but see [4].  After the
home agent makes the association of the home address to the mobile node, the
home agent MUST put that home address into the Home Address field of the
Registration Reply.

vs.:

chapter 3.8.3.2. (Home Agent considerations, Registration Reply fields)
The Home Address field MUST be copied from the corresponding field in the
Registration Request.

Suggested change to Chapter 3.8.3.2

"If a Home Address was dynamically assigned to the Mobile Node, this address
MUST be copied into the Home Address field in the Registration Reply,
otherwise the address MUST be taken from the corresponding field in the
Registration Request."

/Fredrik