Subject: Repeat messages

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:17:19 -0800

To the members of the IPNG list:

I apologize for the repeat sending of the "Prefix Deprecation" message
on the list.

After looking at the message headers, it appears this message is
originating from within Nortel Networks, and may be related to a Mobile
IP list misconfiguration/problem last week.

I have no control over Nortel Networks. If someone believes there is a
misconfiguration at my mail domain, please let me know and I will fix it
as soon as possible. Right now, I can't see any evidence of a
misconfiguration on my end.

Here's a snip of the headers...

> 		 Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>                    X-Sieve: cmu-sieve 2.0
>                   Received: from patan.sun.com (patan.Sun.COM [192.18.98.43]) by rajma.kniveton.com (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f1D2KXb01036 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:20:33 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from engmail1.Eng.Sun.COM ([129.146.1.13]) by patan.sun.com (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA14636; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:18:32 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from sunroof.eng.sun.com (sunroof.Eng.Sun.COM [129.146.168.88]) by engmail1.Eng.Sun.COM (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3/ENSMAIL,v2.1p1) with ESMTP id SAA20861; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:18:03 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: (from majordomo@localhost) by sunroof.eng.sun.com (8.11.2+Sun/8.11.2) id f1D2CdK09114 for ipng-dist; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:12:39 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from engmail3.Eng.Sun.COM (engmail3 [129.144.170.5]) by sunroof.eng.sun.com (8.11.2+Sun/8.11.2) with ESMTP id f1D2CJ209099 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:12:20 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from lukla.Sun.COM (lukla.Central.Sun.COM [129.147.5.31]) by engmail3.Eng.Sun.COM (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3/ENSMAIL,v2.1p1) with ESMTP id SAA03065 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:12:20 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from zrtps06u.us.nortel.com (h52s48a140n47.user.nortelnetworks.com [47.140.48.52]) by lukla.Sun.COM (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA20449 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:12:19 -0700 (MST)
>                   Received: from smtprch2.nortelnetworks.com (erchg0k.us.nortel.com [47.113.64.104]) by zrtps06u.us.nortel.com (8.11.0/8.11.0) with SMTP id f1D2BX316198; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:11:34 -0500 (EST)
>                   Received: by smtprch2.nortelnetworks.com (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id UAA27115; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:07:25 -0600
>                       Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:07:25 -0600
>                Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>                         To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>                       From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
>                    Subject: [Fwd: Re: IPv6 Prefix Deprecation Problem]
>               Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>  Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>                     Sender: [email-masked]
>                 Precedence: bulk
> 

Thanks,

-- 
T.J. Kniveton
NOKIA Research Center

---

From: "Ron Young" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:29:18 -0600

T.J.

It is probably a problem here at Nortel... We have had some problems with
our server.  I'll forward this e-mail with all the headers the server owner
and let hime look at it.

Of course, if the server still sends multiple messages of this then most of
you will see this note several times ;)

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Young   [email-masked]   http://www.nortelnetworks.com/
                                                                     
  You can't spell Nortel without Ron; of course, you can't spell moron
                           without Ron either. 

-----Original Message-----
From: T.J. Kniveton [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 10:17 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Repeat messages

>                   Received: from patan.sun.com (patan.Sun.COM
[192.18.98.43]) by rajma.kniveton.com (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id
f1D2KXb01036 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:20:33 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from engmail1.Eng.Sun.COM ([129.146.1.13]) by
patan.sun.com (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) with ESMTP id SAA14636; Mon, 12 Feb 2001
18:18:32 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from sunroof.eng.sun.com (sunroof.Eng.Sun.COM
[129.146.168.88]) by engmail1.Eng.Sun.COM (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3/ENSMAIL,v2.1p1)
with ESMTP id SAA20861; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:18:03 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: (from majordomo@localhost) by
sunroof.eng.sun.com (8.11.2+Sun/8.11.2) id f1D2CdK09114 for ipng-dist; Mon,
12 Feb 2001 18:12:39 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from engmail3.Eng.Sun.COM (engmail3
[129.144.170.5]) by sunroof.eng.sun.com (8.11.2+Sun/8.11.2) with ESMTP id
f1D2CJ209099 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:12:20 -0800
(PST)
>                   Received: from lukla.Sun.COM (lukla.Central.Sun.COM
[129.147.5.31]) by engmail3.Eng.Sun.COM (8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3/ENSMAIL,v2.1p1)
with ESMTP id SAA03065 for <[email-masked]>; Mon, 12 Feb 2001
18:12:20 -0800 (PST)
>                   Received: from zrtps06u.us.nortel.com
(h52s48a140n47.user.nortelnetworks.com [47.140.48.52]) by lukla.Sun.COM
(8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3) with ESMTP id TAA20449 for <[email-masked]>;
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:12:19 -0700 (MST)
>                   Received: from smtprch2.nortelnetworks.com
(erchg0k.us.nortel.com [47.113.64.104]) by zrtps06u.us.nortel.com
(8.11.0/8.11.0) with SMTP id f1D2BX316198; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:11:34 -0500
(EST)
>                   Received: by smtprch2.nortelnetworks.com
(SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id UAA27115; Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:07:25 -0600
>                Message-ID:
<[email-masked]>
>                         To: [email-masked],
[email-masked]

Thanks,

-- 
T.J. Kniveton
NOKIA Research Center