Subject: Call for Papers IWDC 2001 on "Evolutionary Trends of the Internet"

From: Sergio Palazzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:44:53 +0100

==========================================================
     [Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this cfp]
     ==========================================================

It is our pleasure to announce the 2001 Tyrrhenian International Workshop
on Digital Communications - Evolutionary Trends of the Internet. Original
contributions are solicited. If you plan to submit a paper, please let me
know at your earliest convenience. The submission deadline is March 15th.
We are appending a call for papers for your information.
Please feel free to distribute it widely to other potentially interested
parties.
Best regards,
Sergio Palazzo, General Chair

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                       Call for papers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

           2001 Tyrrhenian International Workshop on
                    Digital Communications

                          IWDC 2001

            Evolutionary Trends of the Internet

                   September 17-20, 2001
            CapoTaormina Hotel, Taormina, Italy
             http://www.cnit.it/events/tyrr2001 
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In recent years the Internet has seen a tremendous growth in terms of
amount of traffic and number of users. At present, a primary technical
objective is to provide advanced IP networking services to support an
evolving set of new applications like, for example, IP-telephony, video
teleconferencing, Web TV, multimedia retrieval, remote access to and
control of laboratory equipment and instruments. To achieve the objective,
the Internet must transition from a best-effort paradigm without service
differentiation to one where specific Quality of Service (QoS) requirements
can be met for different service classes in terms of bandwidth, delay and
delay jitter. Another crucial goal is the ubiquitous deployment of a wide
variety of advanced services over the global network resulting from the
effective integration of wireless and satellite segments into the future
Internet.
Although many researchers and engineers around the world have been working
on these challenging issues, several problems remain open.
The 2001 edition of the Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital
Communications, focused on the Evolutionary Trends of the Internet, will
constitute a highly selective forum  aimed to cover diverse aspects of the
next generation of IP networks. 
The single-track workshop program will be structured in technical sessions
organized by leading researchers in the field, which will accommodate
invited and regular papers selected on an open-call basis. The technical
program will also include a poster session, where presentations will refer
to short papers reporting prominent - but still in progress - research work. 
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by three members of the International
Program Committee. Accepted papers (both regular and short) will be
published by Springer-Verlag in the workshop proceedings, which will be
copyrighted and widely disseminated.

Contributions are solicited on all topics concerning advanced research
issues in IP networking, including (but not limited to):

·	QoS in the next generation Internet
·	Real-time services support over the Internet
·	Multicast and routing in IP networks
·	Mobile and wireless Internet access 
·	Satellite IP networking
·	WDM technologies for the next generation Internet
·	Performance analysis of Internet protocols

Paper Submission Guidelines
Manuscripts to be considered as regular papers should be original work
limited to 20 double-spaced pages. Work-in-progress papers to be considered
for the poster session should be limited to 10 double-spaced pages. Any
paper submitted to the Workshop must not have been published in or
submitted to other technical conferences/journals. Only electronic
submissions will be accepted. The preferred format for electronic
submission is PDF suitable for Acrobat Reader, or Postscript. All
submissions must be sent to the workshop General Chair.

Important dates:
·	Paper submission due: 		March 15, 2001
·	Acceptance Notification:		April 30, 2001
·	Camera-ready Paper:		May 31, 2001

General Chair: 
Sergio Palazzo, University of Catania, Italy  ([email-masked])

Technical Session Organizers:
Anthony Acampora, University of California San Diego, USA
Ian Akyildiz, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
Imrich Chlamtac, University of Texas, Dallas, USA
Mario Gerla, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
Magda El Zarki, University of California, Irvine, USA
Jim Kurose, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
Jorg Liebeherr, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA

Technical Program Committee members:
Marco Ajmone Marsan, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Guido Albertengo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Giuseppe Bianchi, University of Palermo, Italy
Nicola Blefari Melazzi, University of Perugia, Italy
Andrew Campbell, Columbia University, USA
Giorgio Corazza, University of Bologna, Italy
Franco Davoli, University of Genova, Italy
Christophe Diot, Sprint ATL, USA
Serge Fdida, University Pierre et Marie Curie, France
Luigi Fratta, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Stefano Giordano, University of Pisa, Italy
David Hutchison, Lancaster University, UK
Gunnar Karlsson, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Edward Knightly, Rice University, USA
Luciano Lenzini, University of Pisa, Italy
Marco Listanti, Università di Roma "La Sapienza", Italy
Alfio Lombardo, University of Catania, Italy
Steven Low, Caltech, USA
Riccardo Melen, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Giacomo Morabito, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Fabio Neri, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Giovanni Pacifici, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Achille Pattavina, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
George Polyzos, AUEB, Greece
Catherine Rosenberg, Purdue University, USA
Keith Ross, Institut Eurécom, France
Gian Paolo Rossi, University of Milano, Italy
Aldo Roveri, Università di Roma "La Sapienza", Italy
Giovanni Schembra, University of Catania, Italy
Terence Todd, McMaster University, Canada

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Prof. Sergio Palazzo
Istituto di Informatica e Telecomunicazioni
Universita' di Catania
Viale A. Doria, 6  - 95125 Catania (Italy)
Tel: + 39 095 738 2370
Fax: + 39 095 338280 / + 39 095 738 2397
E-mail: [email-masked]
WEB Page: http://www.cdc.unict.it/~spalazzo