Subject: Minneapolis Meeting

From: Roberts Philip-qa3445 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:07:05 -0600

Hi folks,

	we're planning on one long slot for Mobile IP in Minneapolis with an
agenda roughly as follows:

Working Group Document Update
Mobile IP v6 Update
Fast Handoff Discussion for v4
Fast Handoff Discussion for v6
QoS considerations and Mobile IP

	Please send in requests for slots.  If there are topics outside this
list, please try to generate some discussion on them on the mailing list as
well as making a request for a presentation slot.

Phil

---

From: Luca Salgarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:39:57 -0500

Hi.

I tried this yesterday but Phil is away, and the message does not seem to
have made it to the list. So, here it goes again:

---

Hi Phil.

My understanding from the San Diego meeting was that dynamic configuration
of Mobile-IP hosts should also have become a WG issue. Shouldn't we
allocate space in the agenda for this topic too?

We will have an updated version of our Transient Tunnelling draft coming
out shortly.

Thanks
Luca

---

From: Luca Salgarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:24:34 -0500

Basavaraj,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:01:44AM -0600, [email-masked] wrote:
> Well, the charter of the Mobile IP WG has not been explicitly modified
> to include this work item. We need to obtain consensus from the WG if
> this is an issue that needs to be within the scope of the WG and if so
> we need to add a milestone to get this done by. 

I think it would be important to reserve some space to discuss this then.
In SD the WG seemed interested in the problem. At this point I think we
should try to finalize this in some way. A short time allocated in
Minneapolis to discuss this seems a good way to me.

Thanks
Luca

> > >       we're planning on one long slot for Mobile IP in 
> > Minneapolis with
> > >       an
> > >       Please send in requests for slots.  If there are 
> > topics outside
> > >       this
> > > list, please try to generate some discussion on them on the 
> > mailing list
> > > as