Subject: IWSSIP 2001 Call for Papers

From: Paul Dan Cristea <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:25:12 +0000

8th International Workshop on Systems, Signals and Image Processing
IWSSIP 2001
June 7 - 9, 2001 - Bucharest, Romania
http://www.dsp.pub.ro/iwssip2001/

******************************************
Please consider the following announcement
and accept our apologies in case of multiple copies
******************************************

Call for papers

IWSSIP is an international workshop on theoretical, experimental and
applied signal and image processing that intends to bring together
researchers and developers from academia and industry to report on the
latest scientific and technical advances, to discuss and debate major
issues, and to demonstrate up-to-day systems. IWSSIP2001 builds on the
success of the previous editions held in Budapest ('94,'95), Manchester
('96), Poznan ('97), Zagreb ('98), Bratislava ('99), and Maribor (2000).

The workshop welcomes the submissions of high quality advance and review
papers on theoretical, experimental and practical issues. The workshop
promotes an informal approach, with time for presentations, questions, and
discussions. Accepted papers will be published in the Workshop Proceedings.
The conference also includes tutorials on topics to be established based on
your proposals.

A special session on The role of wavelets in modern multimedia standards
will be organized in cooperation with Electronics and Information
Processing Department, Vrije Universiteit Brussel

Please find information on workshop topics, paper submission, and other
details on the IWSSIP 2001 web site:

http://www.dsp.pub.ro/iwssip2001/

Please note that the (draft) paper submission deadline is February 28, 2001.

Paul Cristea
General Chair of IWSSIP 2001

========================================================
Prof. Paul Cristea
"Politehnica" University of Bucharest
Department of Engineering Sciences, EE&CS Division
Spl. Independentei 313, 77206 Bucharest, sect.6, Romania
Phone & Fax:+40-1-411 44 37, Fax:   +40-1-410 44 14
Mobile:     +40-95 11 70 62, Phone: +40-1-410 43 95
E-mail: [email-masked], Http://www.dsp.pub.ro
=========================================================