Subject: Question: MobileIP and NAT

From: Stefan Moebius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:06:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Does anyone know what happens to IP in IP traffic (any tunneling
protocol) when it encouters a address-and-port-translation device?

A proxy we are using in a testbed just drops any packet that is not
TCP/UDP. Is that common behaviour for such devices or do they have
special treatment for MobileIP packets? (assuming that such packets
only travel between FA and HA, they could be routed statically,
changing only the IP address)

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

*********
Stefan Moebius
Centre for Wireless Communications, Singapore

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/