Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Simplified Hierarchical MIPv6 (was...)

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 06:00:11 -0800 (PST)

Claude,

>So this is not a problem of HMIPv6...this is a more general problem? You get 
this
>problem
>whenever you are performing header compression...
>

Yes, that's true. HMIP just adds extra header bits. The only additional
complication I could see is if using HMIP would somehow make
convergence of compression after handover slower, or if it would 
make it difficult or impossible to do context transfer upon handover
(if that works). Neither are proven, but they are a concern.

		jak

---

From: Claude Castelluccia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:21:46 +0100

Hello,

> (if that works). Neither are proven, but they are a concern.

I don't understand why HMIP would make handover slower and/or context
transfer more difficult than MIP....
I really do not understand your concern...do you have something specific in
mind?

thanks,

Claude.

--

----------------------------------------
Claude CASTELLUCCIA, INRIA Rhone-Alpes
ph:  +33 4.76.61.52.15 (fax: 52.52)
http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/