Subject: [mobile-ip] Comments on draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-13.txt

From: Peter Grimstrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:30:43 +0100

Please consider these suggestions to clarify/change
draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-13.txt learned during the Connectathon event
this year:

Section "5.7 ICMP Home Agent Address Discovery Reply Message" should
mention that the Home Agent Addresses field may be absent if the sending
router is the only HA passing the filtering of HA's applied according to
section 9.2.

Section "8.5 Sending Binding Acknowledgments" states that "... the
packet MUST be sent using a Routing header ...". Most often the
deregistration is sent from the home address, in this case a routing
header is not needed - does not harm though. I suggest using a routing
header in this case is admissible, but not required.

Peter
-- 
Peter Grimstrup          Systems Developer
Ericsson Telebit A/S     tel: +45 89 38 52 75
Skanderborgvej 232       fax: +45 89 38 51 01
DK 8260 Viby J, Denmark  e-mail: [email-masked]