Subject: [mobile-ip] New I-D: draft-gwon-mobileip-l3mp-mipv4-00.txt

From: Youngjune Lee Gwon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:00:36 -0800 (PST)

To all,

I submitted a working document that can be located at

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gwon-mobileip-l3mp-mipv4-00.txt

FYI, the abstract of the document is below

Thank you,

Abstract

   This draft describes a network layer (layer 3) handoff-triggering 
   mechanism and associated Mobile IPv4 predictive handoff scheme that 
   is free of the link layer (layer 2) triggering events. By utilizing 
   layer 3 information only, the network layer mobility prediction 
   (L3MP) mechanism first predicts the future per packet latency. Then,
   the L3MP selects the future access point given the predicted values
   in advance. The future access point suggestion by the L3MP triggers
   the Mobile IP predictive handoff. The predictive handoff scheme 
   described in this draft encompasses three significant steps before 
   switching the actual access point: L3MP handoff triggering, 
   pre-register, and route pre-optimization. 

----------------------------------------------
Youngjune Gwon            
DoCoMo Communications Laboratories USA, Inc.

And, the Truth will set you free.  - John 8:32
----------------------------------------------