Subject: [mobile-ip] Mobile Prefix Advertisements

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 05:25:27 -0800

Hi,

At IETF50, I presented some problems with Network Renumbering and
Tunneled Router Advertisements, and also presented a solution that had
been discussed on this mailing list -- namely, to create a new ICMP type
for transporting prefix info from home link router advertisements to the
mobile node away from home.

So far, this idea is generally agreed upon as a reasonable solution, so
I am hoping people are open to trying this out. I have just finished
writing proposed changes to the Mobile IPv6 draft which..
1. incorporate these new ICMP types
2. clean up the text in the renumbering section to make it easier to
understand, and
3. simplify and re-evaluate rules and streamline the specified mechanism
a bit
4. keep as much of what was there as possible

Although there is still more work to get this right, I put these files
on my web site so people can take a look. Please point out errors, and
especially glaring problems, or make suggestions, whatever..

http://www.kniveton.com/tj/specs/

The resultant file is MIPv6-13tj2.txt -- my suggestion on how to look at
these changes would be download MIPv6-13.txt (the original draft) and
MIPv6-13tj2.txt, and run "Compare Two Files" under xemacs's Tools menu.

--
T.J. Kniveton
NOKIA Research