Subject: [mobile-ip] fast handover

From: "Shahrier, Sharif M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:57:53 -0400

Just wanted to clarify that F-BU sent to the oldAR is to set up a
"temporary" tunnel for forwarding packets to newAR, i.e. lasting until after
handover is complete? Thus, the lifetime of this tunnel should be short is
duration. Is there any guidelines at this point on how this parameter is to
be set?

-Sharif

---

From: George Tsirtsis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 04:32:25 -0400

I had been droped off the list for some reason and had to re-register...
I will try to catch up on a few e-mails that I managed to get from other
people..

Sharif,

The temporary tunnel should indeed have short lifetime...It is up to oldAR
to set and should be in the order of at least a couple of RTT between the MN
and its Home Agent...of course you can let it leave for a bit longer to be
on the safe side...no harm will be done other than state at the oldAR....

George

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahrier, Sharif M. [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 2:58 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [mobile-ip] fast handover

-Sharif