Subject: [mobile-ip] NS-2.1b6 Mobile IPv6 release

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:43:02 +0200

Dear all,

As many people asked for it, I am glad to announce the release of our
NS-2.1b6 enhancements to simulate Mobile IPv6 in large Wide-Area
networks.  This code has been developed by MOTOROLA Labs Paris and INRIA
Rhone-Alpes PLANETE team.

For information, and to download the code, please check
http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/mobiwan/

Presently, the tar file comprises:
- Mobile IPv6 and simple IPv6 extensions needed by Mobile IPv6
- A library to create, configure, and manipulate large topologies in a
very easy manner (TOPOMAN)
- A new translator from GT-ITM to NS-2 which output TOPOMAN procedure
calls.
- Embedded extensions to allow the simultaneous use of wireless
features, mobility, and multicast.

Mobile IPv6 is available, in two modes: 
1. Local mobility (i.e. within an administrative domain, i.e. within a
bounded area) 
2. Global mobility (crossing administrative domains, i.e. moving from
one side of the topology to another).

Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 will later be included in the distribution and
will be used to demonstrate global mobility.

This code comes without guaranties and may have bugs.   If you find
some, please tell me and also include the patch if you have one. If you
cannot download the code, please email me and tell me why, I will try to
be helpful whenever possible, but I might always have the time to be
very responsive.  Any feedback about the code is also very much
appreciated.

I hope you could make good use of this contribution.
Regards,
Thierry

--
* mailto:[email-masked]  Tel +33 (0) 4 76 61 52 69 
* INRIA Rhone-Alpes Projet PLANETE       (fax 52 52) 
* and MOTOROLA Labs Paris
* http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/people/ernst/Welcome.html

---

From: Sridhar Gurivireddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:08:13 -0500

I tried to install Mobile-IPv6 from your website.But, many files in that
package have some peculiar names which ca be viewed with Netscape, but not
on the shell....When the say "ls" at my shell , the shell just hangs...What
should I do with such files...

--
Sridhar Guriviredddy,
Alcatel Newtwok Systems,
Richardson,
Texas,US-75080
Ph:972.996.2048

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:28:03 +0200

> should I do with such files...

Can you send me an example of what you see on Netscape (????) I don't
know what files you are refering to ...  I don't have anything strange
on my system. 

What system are you working on ?

Thierry

---

From: Oner Tekin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:47:09 +0300

Hi Thierry,

Thanks  for your work on mobile IPv6 support for ns-2. I think it will be
very useful for our studies.

Best regards.

Oner.

---

From: Theo Pagtzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 07:44:52 -0700

Guys,

   these are NS issues...could you take them on the NS list?

That should help us also track the right mails in the right groups...

Thanks

Theo

UCL/ Mobile Systems