Subject: [mobile-ip] CFP: CNDS 2002, San Antonio, Texas

From: "A. Bruce McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:19:07 -0400 (EDT)

ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

	Please Accept Our Sincere Apologies Should you Receive 
                      Multiple Copies of this CFP

    The Society for Computer Simulation International (SCS) presents:

             COMMUNICATION NETWORKS AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
                   MODELING AND SIMULATION CONFERENCE
                                  2002

                          January 27-31, 2002

                Four Points Sheraton Hotel, Riverwalk North
                           San Antonio, Texas

       Please Visit the Conference Web Site for Additional Information

	          http://www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/

Part of the 2002 SCS Western Multiconference on Computer Simulation

	The objective of this conference is to serve as a forum for the
exchange of ideas among a talented group of international researchers on
advances in the design and performance analysis of communication networks
and distributed systems.  The conference emphasizes modeling, technical
advances and unique applications in the areas of high speed networking,
wireless communications, multimedia applications, computer architecture
and distributed, parallel and mobile computing systems. The structure of
the conference is designed to facilitate collegiality and continuity of
discussion among the conference speakers and attendees on the topics
covered during the week.

	Paper sessions are designed to promote discussion of concepts and
methodologies based on the presentation of results and innovative 
modeling, simulation or analysis techniques. The conference grew out of 
the need to improve the efficiency and quality of models of increasingly
complex networks and distributed systems. In addition to the technical
sessions, the conference includes invited speakers, vendor presentations
and exhibits arranged in conjunction with the 2002 SCS Western Simulation 
Multiconference (WMC). 

	Original, high-quality technical papers, addressing significant
aspects of the design, modeling, or performance analysis of communication
networks and distributed systems are solicited for review, possible
presentation and subsequent publication in the conference proceedings. 
Papers that include well-conceived or innovative simulation modeling
techniques with strong results and analysis are especially sought.

Papers are solicited from not limited to the following topics:

	* Performance Modeling and Analysis 	
	* Mobile and Nomadic Computing 
	* Distributed and Wireless Multimedia Systems  
	* QoS Support for Wireless Ad Hoc Network Applications
	* Routing and Mobility Management in Wireless Networks
	* Power Control in Wireless Computer Systems
	* Distributed and Intelligent Sensor Networks
	* Wearable Computer Systems		
	* Resource Allocation in High Speed Networks
	* Switch and Processor Architectures for High Speed Routers
	* Advances in Computer Architecture and Memory Systems
        * Network and Parallel Computing
	* Storage Area Networks		
	* Content Based Image Retrieval Systems
	* Real-Time and Mobile Web-Based Computing
	* Reliable Multicast Routing and Group Communications  
	* Network and Application Security and Availability                
	* Web Caching and Switching 
        * Scalable and Reliable Distributed Servers
        * Load Balancing in Distributed Systems 

IMPORTANT DATES:

September 15, 2001		Paper Submission Deadline.
October 15, 2001		Acceptance Notification.
November 15, 2001		Camera Ready Paper Deadline.

Authors are requested to submit manuscripts electronically to the Program
Chair by 11:00 pm (Eastern Time) of the due date via Anonymous ftp  
directly: ftp.ece.neu.edu:/pub/conf/CNDS/2002/Submissions. Papers can
also be uploaded using the Web Site: www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/.
Papers must be in English and submitted files must be in Postscript or PDF
format with all figures and tables included. Files names must be unique
and reflect the name of the primary author, his or her primary
affiliation, the version number of the file and an extension indicating
the file type. Multiple versions may be uploaded; however, only the most
recent will be reviewed. Filenames are not readable once the file transfer
has been completed. Confirmations will be sent to the contact author when
the file has been retrieved and successfully viewed or printed. Only
original unpublished material will be considered for publication.

This year's International TPC is outstanding. Its members represent a
broad spectrum of interrelated interests and technical expertise relevent
to CNDS. Each member is committed to ensure that all submissions are fully
refereed for accuracy, technical content, and relevance. Papers should be
limited to 20 double-spaced pages (camera-ready versions are limited to 6
single-spaced pages). Authors must include a single page which includes
all the authors' names, titles and affiliations, a paper abstract, list of
top three relevant topics and contact person information (complete
address, email, phone, and fax). Accepted papers will appear in the
Conference's Proceedings to be published by the Society for Computer
Simulation. Instructions for submitting camera ready papers will be sent
to authors following paper acceptance. An award will be presented to the
best paper presented at WMC'02. Authors of top papers will also be
encouraged to submit a follow-on paper to the International Journal in
Computer Simulation. Authors must obtain employer, client, or government
releases prior to submittal of the final manuscript.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Program Chair, Prof. McDonald via
email ([email-masked]), or telephone ((617) 373-3028) with any
questions concerning the paper submission and review process, or questions
regarding the relevance of a paper to the conference. 

   General Chair                       Program Chair 

Dr. Taieb F. Znati                 Prof. A. Bruce McDonald
Senior Program Director            Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng.
National Science Foundation        417 Dana Research Center
ANIR and  			   Northeastern University
Computer Science Department        360 Huntington Avenue
University of Pittsburgh           Boston, MA 15221
Pittsburgh, PA 15260               U.S.A.
U.S.A.      

Phone:  +1(412)624-8417            Phone:  +1(617)328-3028
FAX:    +1(412)624-8854            FAX:    +1(617)328-8970
E_Mail: [email-masked]          E_Mail: [email-masked]

Please visit the conference Web Site to see an up-to-date list of the
members of the International Technical Program Commmittee: 

	    http://www.ece.neu.edu/conf/CNDS/2002/

--------------------------------------------
A. Bruce McDonald	f:617.373.8970
Assistant Prof.		v:617.373.3028
ECE Dept., 417 Dana     [email-masked]
360 Huntington Ave.
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115
--------------------------------------------