Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] A question on fast handoffs for MIPv6

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Satish,

> All,
> In the fast handoff draft for IPv6, It is mentioned that in the mobile
> initiated handoff (Consider an inter technology handoff scenario) a router
> solicitation for proxy with some access network information is sent by the
> mobile (I assume that the access network is the new access network to which
> the mobile plans to handoff).In the inter-technology case handoffs will be
> mostly mobile initiated - so this information will be hard to come by for a
> mobile.

Why do you say that? Mobile should be able to establish new link through its 
other interface and get this access network information (link layer address of 
new attachment point).

> 
> Can any one direct me to what kind of access network information is sent -
> are there any specs that are comming up to define this information.
> 

I'm not aware of any.

alper
> 
> Satish Jamadagni
> Sasken Communication technologies Ltd,
> The Soft-Radio project
> Bangalore - 560 008
> 
> 
> 

alper