Subject: [mobile-ip] Many BS to a Single MN

From: Kumarendra Sivarajah <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:04:45 +0100

Hi,
Is it possible for a mobile node to be connected to more than one BS at
a time, however only receiving transmission from one base station. Well
this scenario exist when the mobile node is a the cell edge, but how
about when the mobile node is in any position of the cell.
Would there be a  performance issues, for example, would this generate
too much interference to other mobile nodes within the cell. Are there
any papers that discusses this issue. Can someone point me in the right
direction.
Thanks
INdran

--

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\  Kumarendra Sivarajah (INdran)           /
/  Electronics Engineering Laboratory      \
\  University of Kent at Canterbury        /
/  Telephone(Office): +44 (0)1227 823257   \
\  Telephone(Mobile): +44 (0)7765 007016   /
 \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/