Subject: [mobile-ip] IP address option, Fast Handoff draft

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 17:35:16 -0700

hi,

I have a question on the IP address option in the Fast Handoff 
draft (page 28).

What is the need for a 32 bit reserved field there? the option
just contains an IP address.

and if for some reason, we do need a reserved field, can we 
eliminate the Length field from the option and make that the 
reserved field (8 bits)? the length of the IP address option 
is fixed. there is no need for the length field in this option.

vijay

---

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 03:46:12 +0200

> can we 
	=> The length field is included in every IPv6 option. 
	The is explained in detail in RFC2460.

	Hesham