Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-shahrier-mobileip-nat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:07:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Incorporating NAT boxes in Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)	: S. Shahrier
	Filename	: draft-shahrier-mobileip-nat-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 13-Jun-01
	
In this draft, we propose an Internet architecture consisting 
of large number private networks, individually connected to the 
Internet backbone via NAT-routers. Hosts within the same private 
network can communicate with one another locally, and also with 
hosts in other networks via the Internet backbone. The routers in 
each private network maintain their own local routing state and 
routers in the backbone maintain their own external routing state. 
More specifically, the routers within a particular domain are not 
cognizant of routes outside that domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shahrier-mobileip-nat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shahrier-mobileip-nat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shahrier-mobileip-nat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Mingguey M. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:18:18 -0500

Sharif,

In the "System Architecture" section:
   ...
   The NAT tables have to be set up, to reflect the correct binding
   between the global address of NAT-A and the local address of the
   sender in A...

Is the binding of one global address to one private address mapping? Or one global
address to many private addresses mapping?

Mingguey