Subject: [mobile-ip] EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR Workshop on Future Wireless Communications

From: "Luigi Patrono" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:22:53 +0200

EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION TO Workshop on Future Wireless Communications UNTIL JULY 10, 2001.

CALL FOR PAPERS 

SoftCOM 2001 
IEEE International Conference on Software, Telecommunications 
and Computer Networks  
       
Workshop on Future Wireless Communications

      October 09-12, 2001 
      Split, Dubrovnik (Croatia) 
      Ancona, Bari (Italy) 

Workshop on Future Wireless Communications will be held aboard the 
  ship Marko Polo travelling on the route Split (Croatia)  
  Ancona (Italy)  Bari (Italy)  Dubrovnik (Croatia) in the frame
  of the 9 th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications 
  and Computer Networks  SoftCOM 2001.

The increasing popularity of wireless networks indicates that most
  of future networking structures will be based on wireless networking
  technologies (Satellite, Ad Hoc, UMTS, ..). Wireless communication 
  poses some problems that do not exist in wired networks, such as 
  limited resources and fading due to mobility. This has generated an 
  enormous interest for new communication protocols and enhanced 
  traffic/resource management mechanisms.

This Workshop on Future Wireless Communications will cover both
theoretical 
  and pratical aspects and will provide an opportunity for researchers 
  to meet and discuss aspects of their work in an informal setting. 

Papers presenting new results in (but not limited to) the following areas
are invited:
    * Emerging Satellite Systems
    * Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
    * Transport/Data Link Protocols for Mobile Satellite Communications
    * QoS in Wireless Networks
    * Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
    * Traffic & Resource Management in Satellite Networks
    * Integration between Wired and Wireless (Satellite, Ad Hoc, 
      UMTS,..) Networks
    * Services and Applications for Wireless Communications

Each day of the conference the ship will be anchored in one of the ports 
  on the route, and overnight it will sail towards the next destination. 
  This provides participants with the opportunity to share ideas in close 
  contact with their coleagues and to enjoy the pleasant and inspiring 
  ambience while visiting the ports along the beautiful Adriatic coast. 
  During the conference the car deck will serve as an exhibition arena for 
  exhibitors of software and telecommunication products. 

Schedule
  Complete manuscript to be received by July 10, 2001
  Notification of acceptance mailed out by September 1, 2001 
  Camera-ready manuscript to be received by September 15, 2001  
     
More information about the Conference including details on the submission 
  process and authors kit are available on the website

       http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM 

Workshop Chair: Mario De Blasi, University of Lecce, Italy
                ([email-masked])

Conference Secretary: Hrvoje Dujmic, University of Split, Croatia 
                      ([email-masked])