Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] questions on fast handoffs for MIPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:23:04 -0700

Alper,

No. It is a single mobile with multiple links but connects via a single link at
any given time to a single AR. However, after hand off it connects to new AR via
a different link. Example would be WLAN and WWAN or any other combination.

Barani.

Alper Yegin <[email-masked]> on 06/14/2001 07:40:23 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

Sent by:  Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (Barani Subbiah/HQ/3Com)
Subject:  RE: [mobile-ip] questions on fast handoffs for MIPv6

Barani,

> As in the draft and this thread, I like to point out that Link layer address
> based verification across ARs should be avoided as much as possible.
> MN can have two interfaces and also move from one AR to another AR using the
new
> L2 interface.
>
> If we want L2 identifier then there should be a way that MN can indicate to
the
> old AR about the new Link layer ID that it will be using plus the current L2
ID.

If this is a mobile node with multiple links, which can be connected to
different ARs at the same time, you most probably don't need FMIPv6 draft.

alper

---

From: Charles Qi Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:42:33 +0800

Barani,

Do you mean a mobile with multiple interfaces but it only uses a single 
interface at any given time and it changes this single interface after a 
handoff?

Charles