Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Changes to RFC2002bis (Vers 8)

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:35:05 -0800

Hello Ahmad,

Hello Ahmad,

> Ahmad Muhanna wrote:
> 
> Hello Basavaraj;
> 
> Could you please brief us with the rationale behind the changes of the 1st
> paragraph in section 2.3?
> As far as I know, the Mobile Node as per RFC2002-bis and RFC1256 can send
> Agent Solicitation message to either
> 255.255.255.255 or 224.0.0.2.

This is true.  The rationale for putting the additional tex into RFC 2002bis
was that I was asked to do so during Last Call for RFC 2002bis.  Since it
does not do any harm to the specification to have it, and since people
thought it made the specification clearer, I was happy to put it in.

Regards,
Charlie P.