Subject: [mobile-ip] FMIPv6 - Handover Capabilities Extension

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:38:49 -0800

hi,

a question regarding the Handover Capabilties Extension (HOCAP) 
option in the Fast MIPv6 draft 03. 

should this option be included in ProxyRtrSol and ProxyRtrAdv
messages? thats what it says in Section 5.1.1 and Section 5.1.2.

but why? for ProxyRtrAdv it makes sense including it when
the mobile node is about to roam into a coverage area with
different handover capability. and for ProxyRtrSol too, I am
not sure we need to include it every time.

Vijay

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:21:30 -0800

Vijay,

You're right, it isn't needed every time. It is only needed when
the MN first comes up, and when it roams from one coverage
area to another. I think this is discussed in Section 3.

            jak

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:21:42 -0800

There should be some clarification in section 5.1.1 and 5.1.2.
They way I read the 'SHOULD', this option has to be there in
every ProxyRtrSol and ProxyRtrAdv

Thanks
Vijay