Subject: [mobile-ip] MIP v6 next steps

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:09:36 -0500

Hi,

   we've formed a small design team to close the open issues based on WG
consensus for MIPv6.
It consists of Jari Arkko, Gabriel Montenegro, and Erik Nordmark.  The
chairs and area advisor
are monitoring what's going on there.  The following open issues need to be
closed based on WG
consensus: 
	1) what strength of protection to use for BUs and the protocol
mechanisms to make that happen, 
      2) how to protect against certain forms of attacks using routing
headers, 
      3) how to protect against certain forms of attacks using the home
address option, and 
      4)what to do about piggybacking.  

In the next couple of weeks threads will be started listing the possible
options, there will be time for discussion, and the chairs will make working
group consensus calls.  The protection of BU description will probably be a
new Internet Draft which will later be incorporated into the MIPv6
specification.  We expect the description of the BU draft to be out by Feb
8, and to incorporate it and discussion items based on it in
time to have a WG last call complete by the Friday of the Minneapolis
meeting.

Phil and Raj

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:36:26 -0800

Hi Phil and Raj,

I want Francis Dupont included in the design team. He has 
probably more experience with Mobile IPv6 than most people 
in this WG.

the design team you have selected does not make sense IMHO. 
you dont have anybody who has implemented MIPv6 on the 
design team. please correct me if I am wrong.

> It consists of Jari Arkko, Gabriel Montenegro, and Erik Nordmark.  The

And would the mail archives and minutes from teleconferences 
made public?

Vijay