Subject: [mobile-ip] Any pointer on mobile ip simulators

From: "Kota, Ravikumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:26:57 -0500

Hi all,

Can anybody help me to get some light about simulators available for mobile
ip and required equipment to run them.

Thansk alot
Ravikumar Kota

---

From: "Weishuai Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Jan 2002 12:12:57 +0800

Hi, 

I'm trying to simulate Fast Handover on the base of Mobiwan contributed by 
Thierry. I successfully run it on Red Hat 7.2, although I really take pains
to make it run. I'm reading Thierry's code right now.

Best Regards,

Weishuai Yang

�������������ᵽ
>Well, you better use NS-2, it's free, you only need a PC (Linux,
>Solaris), and most published papers have run simulations using NS.
>
>Mobile IPv4 has been contributed to NS-2 a long time ago and is part
>of the official distribution.  See ns-2 web page:
>http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/
>
>As for Mobile IPv6, I have contributed code (called MobiWan), but it's
>not part of the official distribution yet.  It is designed with NS-2
>version b6. See my web page about MobiWan:
>http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/pub/mobiwan/ Be aware that it comes
>with no guarantees and that some people that tried to use it had many
>difficultites to make it run, and even to compile it.  I think recent
>compilers don't compile my code.  Though, it compiles and run
>perfectly on my Solaris OS, with a not-too-recent compiler, for my own
>simulations.
>
>Depending on my availability, I may port the code to the
>current version of NS-2 (b9), so that it becomes an official part of
>the distribution.
>
>Hope this helps,
>Thierry - WIDE Project.
>
>
>> Hi all,
>> 

--http://www.eyou.com
--�ȶ��ɿ�����ѵ�������  �����ʼ�  �ƶ���ǩ  ��������  ����洢...����δ��