Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] bit method and u/l bit (Was: BU Authorization met hod: design team recommendation)

From: "Hesham Soliman (ERA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:29:03 +0100

Alex

  > IEEE EUI-64 being a superset of IEEE 802 is still not all potential
  > types of L2's under IPv6.  I bet that most SDO's 
  > developping L2's for
  > current telecom trends will not ask IEEE how to generate their ID's
  > simply because their vision of a network is different.

=> As far as 'telecom' L2s are concerned (cellular)
there is no concept of MAC address. These are
p2p links.

Hesham

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Feb 2002 14:08:52 +0100

Hi Hesham,

> there is no concept of MAC address. These are

Sure.  That's what I was saying too, different visions.  Having looked
a bit into how to run IP over wCDMA I remember being very much tempted
to make those channels looking more like "multi-access" to IP.

Alex