Subject: [mobile-ip] Sending Binding Error Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:57:47 +0530

Hi all,

Binding Error message contains home address where in the address from the
Home Address destination option of the packet with unrecognized MH message.
But in case when packet contains unknown MH type and Home address
destination option is not present then put 0 in the home address field of
the Binding error message..
Am I right?

Regards
Arvind

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:54:38 +0300

> the Binding error message..

Yes, though in another thread I believe we ended up in the conclusion
that we could include HAOs even to CNs. Is there any case left where
a HAO would be missing and we would need to fill in a 0? Hmm... I
suppose someone could still send a bad MH message without a HAO so...
perhaps we should state that the address should be set to the
unspecified address if the offending message does not include a HAO.

Jari

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:04:26 +0200

=> an idea reading this message: what are the cases where there should not
be a HAO? So:
 - if there should be a HAO and there is not: drop the offending packet
 - if there should not be a HAO because the home address should be the
   source of the packet: you have your home address!
 - other cases (if any)?

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:24:37 +0300

>    source of the packet: you have your home address!

I can't think of other cases -- if there aren't any, I'm fine with the
above proposal.

Jari