Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] issue #25

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:26:18 +0530

I think this will not work.
   Let's consider MN is in the foreign network it sends BU for the first
time
   to CN and that fails, then in this case, CN don't have binding Cache
entry
   so while sending BA, CN can not add routing header. But u said always
   include the routing header while sending BA even if the BU fails. How
can
   this is possible in this case  ?

=> special code to handle the special case.
---->
But is it really necessary to send Binding Acknowledgement with routing
header when there is no binding in cache. Because routing header is
included when there is an entry in the binding cache some implementation
checks routing header for binding in binding cache.
We can simply do one thing when there is a binding in the Binding cache
then we will send BA with routing header and when there is no Binding in
the Binding cache then we will send BA to the Home address without routing
header.
So BA will be sent to HA without RH header in two cases.
1>BU successful and which is for deleting Binding cache entry.
2>BU failed and there is no entry in Binding cache, in case when first time
MN sends BU to CN and that fails.

Arvind

---

From: Keiichi SHIMA / 島慶一 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 15:28:13 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

From: arvind.sevalkar

> MN sends BU to CN and that fails.

I agree with this approach.  The HA and the CN just check if they have
a valid binding cache entry for the MN before sending packets to the
internet.  If they have, they add a rthdr type 2 to all the outgoing
packets to the MN.  If they don't have, just sent it to as is (not
inserting a rthdr type 2).

Regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
KAME Project <[email-masked]>