Subject: [mobile-ip] Issue #23 and Issue #30 ( "S" bit funda)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:35:59 +0530

hello,
   From the draft it is clear that DAD is done on the link local address of
MN.
If "S" bit is not set(i.e S bit 0),  do we need to perform DAD on all
possible MN's addresses( formed using all on link prefixes)
or doing proxy for all those addresses is sufficient ?
IMHO,  If DAD is successful for link local address, that implies that it
will be successful for all possible MN's addresses as last 64 bits will be
same in all the addresses.

please clarify

cheers
  gaurav

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:19:05 -0700

Hello Gaurav,

> same in all the addresses.

I agree with you.  I think the home agent just has to do DAD for the
link-local address, and that should be good enough for all prefixes.

However, Francis is carrying on some discussion on the IPv6 mailing
list which is relevant to this matter.

Regards,
Charlie P.