Subject: [mobile-ip] Networking2002 - registration deadline MAY 10th

From: info_net2002 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:07:35 +0200

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

NETWORKING 2002
The Second IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002

May 19-24 2002, Pisa - Italy

Networking is the biennial Conference on Networking of the IFIP
Technical Committee on Communication Systems (TC6). Networking 2002 is
the second conference of this series --the first event was held in
Paris, May 2000

Networking 2002 is organized into three tracks:

	  i) Networking Technologies, Services and Protocols
	 ii) Performance of Computer and Communication Networks
	iii) Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems.

This year the conference received 314 submissions coming from 42
countries from all five continents: Africa (4), Asia (84), America
(63), Europe (158) and Oceania (5). From the 314 submissions, we
finally selected 82 full papers for the presentation in the conference
technical sessions. In addition, we selected 31 short papers for
presentation in the poster sessions.

The technical program also includes a panel session, and three Invited
Talks from worldwide leaders

      Imrich Chlamtac "Managing Optical Networks in the Optical Domain"

      Randy Katz "The Post-PC Era: It's All About Services"

      Gerald Maguire "Personal Computing and Communication".

The panel session "Post 9-11 Networking Challenges" is organized by Andrew
T. Campbell (Columbia University)  Panelist: Randy Katz (University of
California, Berkeley) Jonathan Liebenau (London School of Economics),
Nicholas F. Maxemchuk (Columbia University), Karl Rauscher (Lucent, Founder
Wireless Emergency Response Team).
The panel discusses on how to cope with the communications systems'
vulnerabilities revealed by the World Trade Center attack on September 11.

The program of the conference is on five days and includes

- two tutorial days, http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/tutorial.html

- the main conference,
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/at-a-glance.html

- one-day thematic workshops,
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/workshops.html

Advance program, registration information, and hotel information for NETWORKING
2002 are now available at http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/info.html

If you are unable to access the above web page, please send e-mail to:
info_net2002 <[email-masked]>.

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: The deadline for late registration is MAY 10,
2002.

HOTEL RESERVATION:  Please book your hotel room as soon as possible. May is
a high tourist season in Pisa.

-----------------------------------------

NETWORKING 2002
The Second IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference
May 19-24 2002, Pisa - Italy
c/o CNUCE Institute - National Research Council
CNR Research Area
Via G. Moruzzi, 1
56124, Pisa, Italy
fax.: +39 050 3138092/91
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002