Subject: [mobile-ip] Proposed Resolutions to Last Call Comments on Regional Tunneling Draft

From: Phil Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:30:25 -0400

Hi folks,

    WG last call has completed for draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-06.txt.
There are a lot of comments on this draft.  I've summarized them into 4
categories and propose we deal with resolutions of each of these categories
of comments separately.  To that end, in the next few days Annika or I will
start a thread on each that attempts to close the issues where possible and
identify areas of remaining disagreement.  Please use the following format
in your response to the list on each of the proposed resolutions.  Respond
as to whether you AGREE, DISAGREE, or CAN LIVE WITH the recommendation.  And
on the response put in the subject line, CLARIFICATION if you have a
clarification to recommend, or ISSUE if you have an issue to raise.

1.  There were objections to whether this document is needed as a standard
at all and to what extent it is clear when and where this standard is to be
implemented, or more accurately NOT implemented.
2.  Issues with backwards compatibility 
3.  Other specific technical issues 
4.  How deployment of regional registration agents raise issues with the
general Internet architecture.

Phil