Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] issue #25

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:50:11 +0530

[email-masked] wrote:

> Vijay
>
> I think this will not work.
> Let's consider MN is in the foreign network it sends BU for the first
time
> to CN and that fails, then in this case, CN don't have binding Cache
entry
> so while sending BA, CN can not add routing header. But u said always
> include the routing header while sending BA even if the BU fails. How can
> this is possible in this case  ?

if you have BU processing in the kernel, you dont have a problem.
you still have access to the packet. or stored locally in some
cache.

another way of doing it would be to have a dummy binding cache
entry with a failed status.

there are other ways.

it is really implementation specific. binding cache is a conceptual
data structure. you can use it however you want.

regards
Vijay

==>>
Please consider the following .....

Arvind

=> special code to handle the special case.
---->
But is it really necessary to send Binding Acknowledgement with routing
header when there is no binding in cache. Because routing header is
included when there is an entry in the binding cache some implementation
checks routing header for binding in binding cache.
We can simply do one thing when there is a binding in the Binding cache
then we will send BA with routing header and when there is no Binding in
the Binding cache then we will send BA to the Home address without routing
header.
So BA will be sent to HA without RH header in two cases.
1>BU successful and which is for deleting Binding cache entry.
2>BU failed and there is no entry in Binding cache, in case when first time
MN sends BU to CN and that fails.