Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] Sending Binding Error Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:14:23 +0530

In your previous mail you wrote:

   > Binding Error message contains home address where in the address from
the
   > Home Address destination option of the packet with unrecognized MH
message.
   > But in case when packet contains unknown MH type and Home address
   > destination option is not present then put 0 in the home address field
of
   > the Binding error message..
   > Am I right?

   Yes, though in another thread I believe we ended up in the conclusion
   that we could include HAOs even to CNs. Is there any case left where
   a HAO would be missing and we would need to fill in a 0? Hmm... I
   suppose someone could still send a bad MH message without a HAO so...
   perhaps we should state that the address should be set to the
   unspecified address if the offending message does not include a HAO.

=> an idea reading this message: what are the cases where there should not
be a HAO? So:
 - if there should be a HAO and there is not: drop the offending packet
 - if there should not be a HAO because the home address should be the
   source of the packet: you have your home address!
 - other cases (if any)?

Regards

[email-masked]

===>>>
I think if MH type is unknown, then identifying whether HAO should be
present or not seems not possible.
In such a scenario would it not be better to move the home address field of
Binding Error message as a option?
I'm sorry I missed the thread where it was previously discussed.
Regards

Arvind