Subject: Re: [mobile-ip] issue #25

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:26:29 +0530

hi,

I think Issue #25 can be easily closed. the solution would be to
always include the routing header when sending a binding ack
(even if the BU fails). the only time, when a routing header is
not included in a binding ack is when the MN returns home and
sends a deregistration BU.

Vijay

I think this will not work.
Let's consider MN is in the foreign network it sends BU for the first time
to CN and that fails, then in this case, CN don't have binding Cache entry
so while sending BA, CN can not add routing header. But u said always
include the routing header while sending BA even if the BU fails. How can
this is possible in this case  ?

Arvind

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 18:18:57 +0200

=> special code to handle the special case.

[email-masked]

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:47:29 -0700

> this is possible in this case  ?

if you have BU processing in the kernel, you dont have a problem.
you still have access to the packet. or stored locally in some
cache.

another way of doing it would be to have a dummy binding cache 
entry with a failed status.

there are other ways.

it is really implementation specific. binding cache is a conceptual
data structure. you can use it however you want.

regards
Vijay