Subject: [mobile-ip] A new proposal for Fast Router Discovery

From: "JinHyeock Choi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:02:38 +0900

Dear All

We submitted new Internet-Draft on Fast Router Discovery. It deals with 
‘How can a mobile node find its new access router sufficiently fast?’ 
Our proposal uses layer two mechanisms for performance enhancement.

In our proposal AP caches Router Advertisement message and sends it 
to a new mobile node as soon as L2 association is made. In an attached 
Internet-draft, we present a way for AP to cache necessary RA. 

By putting 'RA Caching' and 'AP Notification' functionality on an Access Point, 
we get the optimized result without IPv6 standard change. In our scheme, a 
mobile node receives Router Advertisement just after L2 association is made 
which is the earliest possible time under current standard.

All comments are appreciated. 
 
Best Regards

JinHyeock Choi, Ph.D.

Samsung Electonics
tell)  82-31-280-9233
fax)  82-31-280-9156
email) [email-masked], [email-masked]