Subject: [mobile-ip] A new Draft using MIPv6

From: "Feng Yanjun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:19:08 +0800

Dear All,

I submitted a draft http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yanjun-lbam-ipv6-00.txt, 
which mainly reuse MIPv6 and Anycast.
All comments are appreciated very much!   :-)

Abstract
   This document describes a method using pseudo-anycast and pseudo-
   mobility based on Mobile IPv6, which implement load balancing in 
   session level in Ipv6 network, without those problems of traditional 
   load balancing methods (Load balancing by DNS, NAT) such as 
   triangle routing, long latency time, poor scalability, etc.
 
   The three entities in LBAM (server, Agent, CN) correspond to MN, HA, CN 
   in MIPv6. LBAM needs little modification of MIPv6: at Server side, only 
   one new Header Parameter is added;at Agent side, only a Cache to log 
   load balancing history for load balancing algorithm is added. Excepts 
   the both points above, there is not any modification  to MIPv6.
 
   The process is as follows:
   Firstly, when the CN sends initial IP packet to the LBA address 
   (those servers' Home address), the LBAM agent receives this packet 
   and tunnels this packet to a server (saying server-i) by some load 
   algorithm using IPv6 encapsulation. Then, when the Server-i receives
   this tunneled packet, it will send Binding Update message to the CN.
   After receiving Binding Update  message, CN will communicate with 
   server-i directly, by which loads are balanced.
 
Cheers
-- Yanjun Feng