Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC allocates 3G spectrum

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:20:39 -0500

This was supposed to be announce last week.
http://www.rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=5796&print=Y

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Close Window

FCC allocates 3G spectrum

November 07 10:42:00, 2002

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission today allocated 90 megahertz of spectrum in the 1.7GHz and 2.1 GHz bands for third generation wireless systems.

The agency also proposed flexible service rules for wireless operations in the two bands.

The FCC’s action effectively implements the Bush Administration’s 3G plan, which was unveiled in July after hard fought negotiations with the Department of Defense and industry.

Entire

contents © Crain Communications, Inc.

Use of editorial content without permission is strictly prohibited. All rights

Reserved