Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Compact TETRA Customers to Benefit from Wireless Data Services and Support of up to 10,000 Users

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:24:30 -0500

Motorola Compact TETRA Customers to Benefit from Wireless Data Services and Support of up
to 10,000 Users
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-18-2002/0001842899&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Motorola Compact TETRA Customers to Benefit from Wireless Data Services and Support of up to 10,000 Users

MOTOROLA LOGO

Motorola logo. (PRNewsFoto)[TC]

SCHAUMBURG, IL USA 03/07/2002

MOTOROLA LOGO

Motorola logo. (PRNewsFoto)[JL]

SCHAUMBURG, IL USA 04/15/2002

NICE, France, Nov. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola (NYSE: MOT) is
proud to introduce Internet Protocol packet data services over its Compact
TETRA system, the digital wireless radio system for professional users. The
capacity of the system has also been increased to support up to 10,000 users.
Customers are now able to send and receive data across TETRA (TErrestrial
Trunked RAdio) networks and so increase the efficiency of their operations.
For example, a water supply company can now monitor and transmit crucial
information such as water pressure and flow rates to a central monitoring
station enabling a controller to spot any irregularities and take action.
This enables the customer to reduce maintenance costs, prevent loss of supply
and help avoid major accidents from occurring.
The increase in scalability of Motorola's Compact TETRA systems to now
support 10,000 users and up to eight sites means that customers can cost-
effectively expand network coverage across their operations. New user groups
and geographic locations can be added incrementally to customers' current
Compact TETRA systems. This has been a critical customer requirement, as many
companies wish to "start small" and enhance their systems as budgets allow and
requirements change.
Ole Niss, Vice President and Director at Motorola, commented: "Adding
packet data to the existing range of voice services, such as full duplex
calls, enables users to instantly have critical information at their
fingertips. This will help them become more effective and cost efficient in
their operations. In addition the new data functionality represents a whole
new business opportunity for distributors. Compact TETRA distributors are
already developing customised applications such as dispatch positions and
vehicle location systems."
Since the launch of Compact TETRA at TETRA World Congress in December
2001, more than 30 Compact TETRA systems have been put into operation
worldwide. At present two Compact TETRA systems are under implementation for
the Bulgarian Ministry of Defence. The two systems support packet data and
include gateway with telephone capability, dispatcher and network management
consoles as well as portable and mobile radios for the use of the Bulgarian
Ministry of Defence.

About Motorola
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were
$30 billion.

About TETRA:
The Airwave service uses TErrestrial Trunked RAdio (TETRA), a new open
digital trunked radio standard which is defined by the European
Telecommunications Standardisation Institute (ETSI) to meet the needs of the
most demanding professional mobile radio users.

For more information visit:

-- Motorola TETRA: http://www.motorola.com/tetra
-- TETRA MoU: http://www.tetramou.com
-- Motorola Internet Media Centre: http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter

Photography is available at:
http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics/list/0,1099,2-1,00.html

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.

Web Site: http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter
http://www.motorola.com/tetra http://www.tetramou.com
http://www.motorola.com

Photo Notes: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020307/MOTLOGO
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020415/MOTNOTAGLOGO AP
Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,
+1-888-776-6555 or
+1-212-782-2840

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.