Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WackBerry 6510- $500 Now, $600 Later

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:45:06 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021118/182287_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search -

Finance Home -
Yahoo! -
Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicDayWatchPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Nextel Continues to Deliver on its Wireless Business Solutions Initiative with the New BlackBerry 6510
Monday November 18, 8:36 am ET

The First BlackBerry To Feature Nextel Direct Connect(R), The Digital Walkie-talkie Feature and the Only BlackBerry Phone That Operates On the Only Nationwide 2.5G Packet Data Network

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 18, 2002--
Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) a leader in wireless
business solutions, today announced that the BlackBerry 6510(TM) from
Nextel will be commercially available on December 2, 2002. The
introduction of the BlackBerry 6510 continues to build upon Nextel's
robust Wireless Business Solutions (WBS) initiative introduced in
August 2002, combining all the applications, services, tools and the
support an enterprise requires to deploy a wireless solution.

ADVERTISEMENT

"The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel is a key deliverable in our WBS
strategy. It meets the needs of our customers in various industries by
giving them greater access to information and the ability to maintain
productivity by always being connected to the office, no matter where
business takes them," said Greg Santoro, vice president, Internet and
wireless services for Nextel.

"Wireless technologies, such as the Nextel BlackBerry, are an
important business tool for organizations with a large number of
employees who need to be productive while away from their desktop
computers. For example, our research has shown that field sales
representatives currently make up 34 percent of all mobile workers.
Wireless devices have become invaluable for them," said Gene
Signorini, senior analyst, The Yankee Group.

Nextel's WBS integrates corporate intranets and back-office
systems, such as sales force automation, order entry, inventory
tracking and customer relationship management (CRM), supporting true
workforce mobility. Supporting multiple wireless device types and
applications, WBS can scale for workgroups to enterprise-wide
deployments, and provide a flexible platform for professional services
to add value in system design, implementation and business process
consulting.

"The combination of a phone, PDA, and "always-on" wireless access
to business email capability along with Nextel Direct Connect® and
Nextel's nationwide packet data network in one device creates a
powerful tool for the mobile worker. Businesses can develop custom and
cost effective applications for their mobile employees that will
increase efficiency and provide them immediate benefits," continued
Santoro.

The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel operates on the Nextel National
Network, and features the enhanced voice services Nextel customers
have come to expect, including digital cellular voice, Nextel Online
wireless Web and SMS service--an unmatched set of services for
businesses.

Additionally, Nextel offers the only BlackBerry Wireless
Handheld(TM) on the market featuring Nextel Direct Connect, the
incredibly powerful long-range digital walkie-talkie feature. Other
specialized features include:

Built-in speaker and microphone for phone-to-ear operation
Continuous, secure wireless access to corporate email
The most reliable all-digital cellular voice and data network
Personal organizer that synchronizes with multiple email and
organizer software packages
Access to Wireless Web
Ability to run Java(TM)-enabled business applications and
games
Full QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing
Large, easy-to-read screen for easy navigation

The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel is available at the introductory
price of $499.99. For more information about service plans and
pricing, please contact your local Nextel sales representative.

For more information on the BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel, visit
www.nextel.com/blackberry.

Note to Editors - The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel will be on
display at Nextel's booth at COMDEX. To view the product, please visit
Booth #3150.

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully-integrated wireless voice and data
communications services including Nextel Direct Connect®--the
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature; high quality digital
cellular services; Nextel Online® wireless data content and business
solutions; and two-way messaging services. Nextel and Nextel Partners,
Inc. have built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless network
covering 197 of the top 200 U.S. markets. Nextel's wireless voice and
packet data communications services are available today in areas of
the U.S. where approximately 240 million people live or work.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and
symbols are the exclusive properties of Research In Motion Limited.
All other brands, products and company names mentioned herein may be
trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995. A number of the matters and subject areas
discussed in this press release that are not historical or current
facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments. The
discussion of such matters and subject areas is qualified by the
inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations
generally, and also may materially differ from Nextel's actual future
experience involving any one or more of such matters and subject
areas. Nextel has attempted to identify, in context, certain of the
factors that they currently believe may cause actual future experience
and results to differ from Nextel current expectations regarding the
relevant matter or subject area. Such risks and uncertainties include
the economic conditions in our targeted markets, performance of our
technologies, timely development and delivery of new technologies,
competitive conditions, market acceptance of our services, access to
sufficient capital to meet operating and financing needs and those
that are described from time to time in Nextel reports filed with the
SEC, including Nextel's annual reports on Form 10-K for the year ended
December 31, 2001 and quarterly reports filed on Form 10-Q during
2002. This press release speaks only as of its date, and Nextel
disclaims any duty to update the information herein.

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc., Reston
Media:
Elizabeth Renz, 703-433-4686
Rebecca Gertsmark, 703-898-9211
or
Nextel Communications Inc.
Investors:
Paul Blalock, 703-433-4300

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.
Email this story
-
Set
a News
Alert
ADVERTISEMENT

Special Offers

·

Hide Your Tracks Download internetwasher.com only $79.95!

·

Web hosting. Best quality, 24/7 toll free support. Lowest prices.

·

Paying too much for car insurance? Find out

·

$8.95 Domain Name Registrations & $7.75 Transfers at GoDaddy.com

·

Make Your PC Faster in Just Five Minutes!

·

Credit Card offers @ eCreditCards.com (U.S. Only)

·

Join Gevalia Kaffe today & Get a Great Gift!

·

Compare REALTORS® and View Homes!

·

Make Your PC Faster in Just Five Minutes!

·

Interest rates won't stay this low forever. Yahoo! Mortgage Center

Related
Quote

NXTL

13.50

+0.12

News

View Detailed Quote
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Nextel's ex-COO to get $2.5 million in severance - Reuters (Fri Nov 15)

·

Nextel sees noncash gain from international unit - Reuters (Fri Nov 15)

·

NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS INC - Quarterly Report (SEC form 10-Q) - EDGAR Online (Fri Nov 15)

·

[external] Equities advance; Sprint cuts jobs - at CBS MarketWatch (Thu Nov 14)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Networking, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Stocks Cut Gains, AT&T, Wal-Mart Weigh - Reuters (10:09 am)

·

Tyco Directors Ashcroft, Pasman Resign - Reuters (10:41 am)

·

Wal-Mart Sales at Low End of Forecast - Reuters (10:34 am)

·

Toys R Us Narrows Loss, Shares Up - Reuters (10:19 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Finance Spotlight

·

MarketTracker
Live streaming quotes for $9.95/mo

·

Credit Reports
Find out your credit score instantly

Copyright ©
2002 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy
-
Terms of Service
Copyright
©
2002 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.