Subject: [NEXTEL-1] A truck driver used to amuse himself by running over lawyers

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:17:27 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "James M. Atkinson" <[email-masked]>
Subject: A Truck Driver

A truck driver used to amuse himself by running over lawyers he would
see
walking down the side of the road.  Every time he would see a lawyer
walking
along the road, he would swerve to hit him, and there would be a loud
"THUMP" and then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the truck driver was driving along he saw a priest
hitchhiking.
He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the truck over.

He asked the priest, "Where are you going, Father?".
"I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.
"No problem, Father!  I'll give you a lift.  Climb in the truck."

The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver
continued down the road.  Suddenly the truck driver saw a lawyer walking
down the road and instinctively he swerved to hit him.  But then he
remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so at the last
minute
he swerved back to the road, narrowly missing the lawyer.

Even though he was certain he missed the lawyer, he still heard a
loud "THUD."  Not understanding where the noise came from he glanced
in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything, he turned to the
priest and said, "I'm sorry Father.  I almost hit that lawyer."

"That's okay," replied the priest.  "I got him with the door."

-jma
--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/