Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-mccann-mobileip-ipv6mipv4-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:04:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 over Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, P. Engelstad, T. Hiller, P. McCann
	Filename	: draft-mccann-mobileip-ipv6mipv4-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
This document specifies a Mobile IPv4 extension that may be used by 
dual stack mobile nodes to obtain IPv6 service with the use of a 
Mobile IPv4 registration. This extension allows for immediate 
deployment of IPv6 on dual stack mobile devices, without the need 
for a full IPv6 infrastructure. It is believed that providing IPv6 
services to mobile devices in the short term will spur the growth of 
IPv6 networks. 
This extension makes use of the existing Mobile IPv4 security model, 
including the interface to the AAA infrastructure, but does not 
provide the route optimization capabilities included in the Mobile 
IPv6 protocol. Further, this specification requires that the mobile 
node and Home Agent have dual IPv4 and IPv6 stacks. There are no 
changes to the FA nor does it need to be dual stack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-mobileip-ipv6mipv4-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccann-mobileip-ipv6mipv4-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccann-mobileip-ipv6mipv4-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.