Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ViaSat Selected by NOAA for GOES Receive Antenna Systems

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:29:29 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-14-2002/0001841731&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

ViaSat Selected by NOAA for GOES Receive Antenna Systems

NORCROSS, Ga., Nov. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAT) has been selected by the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to provide four (4) turnkey antenna systems
for the Geo-stationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) Receive
Antenna System program. These unique earth station systems use 9.1-meter dual
X- and L-band antennas designed and manufactured by ViaSat's Satellite Ground
Systems Division, located in Norcross, GA. Each station has 180 degrees of
Azimuth travel and there is a single multi-antenna monitor and control system
for equipment set up, status, automated tests, and fault isolation. The
systems will be installed on the new NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF)
to be constructed at NOAA's Suitland (MD) complex, with completion planned
within the next two to three years. The antenna contract is worth over
$3 million and includes system electronics, factory first article testing,
contract technical documentation, installation, site testing, and associated
spares.
"This is a unique satellite communications requirement, but we have a long
history of being able to provide comprehensive systems for customers like
NOAA," said Steve Estes, vice president and general manager of ViaSat
Satellite Ground Systems. "We're very excited about the opportunity to work
with them and support this program."

ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq: VSAT) produces advanced digital satellite
telecommunications and wireless signal processing equipment for government and
commercial markets. ViaSat's full line of satellite communication products
includes VSAT systems for network access and infrastructure, and Ka-band
satellite systems, from user terminals to large gateways for both geo-
synchronous and low earth orbit satellites. Government Systems products
include information security devices, tactical communication radios, and
communication simulators. Along with its headquarters in Carlsbad, CA, ViaSat
has divisions located in Norcross, GA, and Clarksburg, MD. Additional field
offices are located in Boston, MA, the United Kingdom, Australia, Chile,
China, and India.
In addition the company's wholly-owned subsidiary, US Monolithics, designs
and produces monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs) and modules for
use in broadband communications. USM is based in Chandler, Arizona.

Safe Harbor Statement
Portions of this release, particularly information about development and
delivery of the antenna systems, may contain forward-looking statements
regarding future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. ViaSat
wishes to caution you that there are some factors that could cause actual
results to differ materially, including but not limited to: failure of the
parties to reach agreement on a contract, future contractual problems,
regulatory issues, technologies not being developed according to anticipated
schedules, or that do not perform according to expectations; and increased
competition and other factors affecting the telecommunications industry
generally. The Company refers you to the documents it files from time to time
with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically the section titled
Factors That May Affect Future Performance in the Company's Form 10-K, which
contain and identify other important factors that could cause actual results
to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-
looking statements. Stockholders and other readers are cautioned not to place
undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the
date on which they are made. We undertake no obligation to update publicly or
revise any forward-looking statements.

Click here

SOURCE ViaSat Inc.

Web Site: http://www.viasat.com

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.