Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wall Street Journal: Heard on the Street: Analyze this: Unhappy firm bites back

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:58:56 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021122440000016.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Wall Street Journal: Heard on the Street: Analyze this: Unhappy firm bites back

Source:

Financial Times World Media Abstract Service: US

Date:

11/22/2002 08:06

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (176 words)

Document ID:

FC20021122440000016

Subject(s):

Wma; Accounting; Debt; Research; Telecommunications

Wall Street Journal: Heard on the Street: Analyze this: Unhappy firm bites back

Story Filed: Friday, November 22, 2002 8:06 AM EST

Nov 22, 2002, (Wall Street Journal /FT Information via COMTEX) -- Despite
efforts by regulators to rid Wall Street research of conflicts of interest, a
recent scuffle between telecommunications firm Nextel Communications Inc. and
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. analyst Thomas J. Lee shows that a number of companies
remain inclined to exert pressure on people who issue unfavorable reports or
recommendations on their stocks. The dispute stems from a report issued by Mr.
Lee last month, questioning the way Nextel was accounting for its dwindling
customers and whether the company was concealing its bad-debt expenses. Nextel
reacted to the report by accusing Mr. Lee of faulty work and leaking contents of
his research to several investors ahead of its general release.

Abstracted from: The Wall St Journal (US Edition)

Copyright 2002: Financial Times Information. All rights reserved

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: Cellular & Other Wireless
Telecommunications
Regulation & Admin of Utilities
Wireless Telecom Carriers exc Satellite
SUBJECT CODE: Comment & Analysis
Company News
General News
Regulation of Business

Copyright © 2002, Financial Times World Media Abstract Service: US, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.