Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: A Consumer Reports (was: escape fromNexthell)]]]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 04:30:23 -0500

Hey Mike,

I'll try and find the letter... I hope our purchasing guy kept it
(unusual if he didn't). Can't get to it until Friday or maybe Monday,
probably, but will upload it when I get a chance.

As I recall it had to do with phone company tarrifs and related to some
specific area codes.... most of the local ones, if not all. 

Sorry to spin you guys up on this without the evidence. Again, from
memory, it did state pretty unequivocally that caller would be charged,
but it didn't say how much or much else. 

I did hear also that this is a charge that all cell phone companies
pay... just that Nextel is either electing not to or is now able to not
pay. 

Hang in there til Monday! 

And Snakeypoo.... what is it you're not buying here? I believe you when
you say you're a satisfied customer with no complaints or problems.
Believe me... I'm not satisfied, for what I feel is good cause.

Bill Lieske

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:59:36 -0700

Hey, Had to come into the office anyway. Here's what the letter says:

Dated October 2002... but we got it about the 18th Nov, or so.
***************
Effective November 24, 2002, landline providers in your area are
discontinuing Reverse Billing service. This service allowed Nextel to absorb
toll charges incurred by some of your most frequenct landline callers. The
change applies only to Nextel phone numbers with certain prefixes. For a
list of the affected prefixes in your area, see the box above. Please notre:
this change will NOT affect your Nextel woreless service charges in any way.

In the majority of your incoming calls originate from a landline carrier
that no longer provides Reverse Billing, you may want to contact your most
frequent callers about potential toll charges*. If thet have specific
questions about toll charges, please advise them to contact their landline
providers directly.
<snip>

* For some Nextel subscribers one solution is to change your Nextel phone
number to match the local calling area of the landline phone number pf ypur
most frequenct callers.
*******************************

So, you guys tell me what its all about. The letter lists 4 local prefixes,
the one our Nextel phones used and the MAJOR prefix for the area... 90% of
the state uses that prefix (602).

Seems like they're doing their best with a situation. Seems like they might
be weaseling because non of the other carriers make mention of this... so
far.

Bill L.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 2:30 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: A Consumer Reports (was: escape
fromNexthell)]]]

  Hey Mike,

  Bill Lieske

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.