Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hanson Working with Motorola to Enhance Indiana Safety Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 02:19:35 -0500

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,1958,2134_1732_23,00.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home -
About Motorola -
Products and Services -
Shop

Search

Overview

News Releases

Media Contacts

Executive Bios

Media Info

Graphix

Exploring Technology

Investors

Industry Analysts

Motorola@

Hanson Working with Motorola to Enhance
Indiana Safety Communications

INDIANAPOLIS,
IND. Nov. 21, 2002 - Hanson Professional Services Inc. has been selected by
Motorola (NYSE:MOT) to work as a tower integrator in a statewide radio
communications project for Indiana. Project Hoosier SAFE-T will enable emergency
agencies to communicate with each other. The system is designed to enhance
public safety responders' ability to communicate with each other at fires,
floods, criminal investigations and other
emergencies.

"Hanson will work with Motorola
and the state of Indiana to identify where the towers will be located, selecting
from more than 100 potential sites," says Tom Pressley, Hanson's project
manager. "The Hanson staff will confirm the site's suitability, secure
properties, design tower improvements or towers and prepare construction
drawings, obtain permits, coordinate utilities and provide construction services
at each location."

Project Hoosier SAFE-T will
promote cooperative efforts from local, state and federal agencies. Several
emergencies recently highlighted the need for a coordinated communication system
including a flood in 1997. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources and the
National Guard in March 1997 conducted rescues on rain-swollen Indiana rivers.
Incompatible radio communication systems forced the two agencies to communicate
by shouting across the river.

"These
incompatible systems can leave public safety officers with little inter-agency
communication during a time when they need it most," says Dick Mitchell,
Motorola's project manager for the Indiana statewide communications system. He
says the ineffectiveness of incompatible systems can often result in significant
delays in responses to emergencies.

Hanson's
role will be coordinated from the firm's Indianapolis, Ind., office, at 3125
Dandy Trail, Suite 100, Indianapolis, Ind. 46214.

About Hanson

Hanson is a national employee-owned consulting firm
providing a full range of architectural, engineering, scientific and program
management services. In addition to the Indianapolis office, Hanson has offices
in Springfield, Rockford, Chicago and Peoria, Ill.; Kansas City and St. Louis,
Mo.; Sacramento, Calif.; Seattle, Wash.; Atlanta, Ga.; Orlando and West Palm
Beach, Fla.; Washington, D.C.; and Wayne, N.J. (New York metropolitan
area).

About Motorola

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in
providing integrated communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sale in
2001 were $30 billion. The radio system being installed for Indiana is part of
Motorola's extensive portfolio of integrated communications and information
solutions to address mission-critical public safety and security requirements
worldwide. For more information, visit
www.motorola.com

# #
#

Media
Contacts:
Joan
Freitag
Hanson
(217)
747-9215

Steve
Gorecki
Motorola
(847)
538-0368
[email-masked]

- Click here to download this document in word format.

© Copyright 1994-2002 Motorola, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Home |
Terms of Use |
Privacy Practices |
Contact Us