Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: [wakeares] MOU signing - for all you hammies out there

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:10:51 -0500

For all you hammies out there...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Reams [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 3:48 PM
To: Wake ARES Reflector
Cc: Triangle Hams
Subject: [wakeares] MOU signing

MOU signing
In addition to all the great things we have come to expect at the JARSfest,
this year something special will happen there. The long awaited Memo Of
Understanding (MOU) between the State of North Carolina and the amateur
radio volunteers in this state will receive the final signature. John
Covington, ARRL Section Manager for NC, will be attending the ham fest and
will put his signature on the MOU. Recently Dr. Kenneth B. Taylor, the new
Director of Emergency Management for NC, had reviewed and signed the MOU.
This document formally establishes the role of amateur radio in emergencies
and links ARES and RACES as one group in this state. the document will be
signed between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM Sunday Nov. 17 at the JARSfest in
Benson. A link is included below in case anyone needs more information about
JARSfest. I hope you have the opportunity to attend JARSfest and witness
this historic event.

Thanks and 73s,

John Guerriero/KG4HDT
ARES/RACES EC for NCEM
919 605 0629 Cell
919 231 8000 Work
919 266 7687 Home

http://www.jars.net/jarsfest.htm

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/