Subject: [NEXTEL-1] "Sen. Schumer Makes Proposals To Improve City's Cellphone Service"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:48:36 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Anthony Townsend <[email-masked]>
Subject: NY 1 - "Sen. Schumer Makes Proposals To Improve City's Cellphone Service"

http://www.ny1.com/ny/TopStories/SubTopic/ 
index.html?topicintid=1&subtopicintid=1&contentintid=26099

Schumer Makes Proposals To Improve City's Cellphone Service

NOVEMBER 25TH, 2002
Senator Charles Schumer wants cellphone service to improve in New York  
City.

In a recent report by J.D. Power and Associates, the city ranked last  
in the country for customer satisfaction for cellphones.

On Sunday, Schumer released a list of about 200 areas in the five  
boroughs, Long Island and Westchester where customers are having  
problems making and receiving calls. He called on the Federal  
Communications Commission to work with cellphone companies to make  
improvements.

“Right now the main incentive for the companies is to get one customer  
to switch from another company to them, and nobody knows whether the  
service is better or worse,” Schumer said. “There is competition in  
price but there is no competition in service.”

Schumer's suggestions include providing maps to show where signals are  
weak for each provider; prohibiting charges for the time when a call is  
dropped; and wiring more buildings for better service.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/