Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:14:06 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, November 19, 2002
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Skyworks Introduces Direct Conversion Mixer for Wireless Infrastructure
2) Eagleware Announces Release of Motorola MET LDMOS Model Support for GENESYS 2002.09
3) AWR Licenses Synopsys HSPICE to Reduce RFIC Design Time
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Skyworks Introduces Direct Conversion Mixer for Wireless Infrastructure; New
Single-Chip Mixer Cuts Size and Costs of Base Station Receivers, Ideal for Existing System
Upgrades and Next-Generation Designs from 2 MHz to 3500 MHz
 
WOBURN, Mass., Nov 18, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq:SWKS), the
industry's leading wireless semiconductor company focused on radio frequency (RF) and
complete cellular system solutions for mobile communications applications, today announced
a single-chip direct conversion mixer that significantly reduces the number of components
required for building a wireless base...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1981/793725
 
2) Eagleware Announces Release of Motorola MET LDMOS Model Support for GENESYS 2002.09
 
Norcross, GA -- November 15, 2002 -- Eagleware Corporation today announced the successful
implementation and verification of Motorola's (NYSE: MOT) Electro Thermal Laterally
Diffused Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MET LDMOS) model design kit, for use with Eagleware's
nonlinear circuit simulator, GENESYS 2002.09....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1982/793725
 
3) AWR Licenses Synopsys HSPICE to Reduce RFIC Design Time; AWR RF Design Environment
Deploys HSPICE as a Golden Simulator to Enhance Designer Productivity
 
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Nov 18, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Applied Wave Research Inc. (AWR(TM))
today announced a technology licensing agreement with Synopsys that enables AWR to
integrate Synopsys' HSPICE(R) analog and mixed-signal circuit simulation solution into
AWR's high-frequency design environment...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1983/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Ceramic Tubular and Discoidal Capacitors
2) VHF Ultra Q Band Pass Filter 150-174 MHz
3) Voltage Controlled Phase Shifters
4) MP(TM) Series Bridge/Router
5) PC100 Ultracapacitor
6) Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
7) Power Center
8) LINC2 Pro Software
9) BlueChip Monitor/Control Device 
10) High Frequency Structure Simulator 
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Ceramic Tubular and Discoidal Capacitors
 
Tubular capacitors are available in NPO, X7R and Z5U ceramic bodies from .050 diameter up.
Corry Micronics can also design a custom ceramic blend for your specific application...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1984/793725
 
2) VHF Ultra Q Band Pass Filter 150-174 MHz
 
AeroComm's 50368V Ultra-Q is an active band-pass filter that is ideally suited for use
where extremely narrow filter bandwidth is required. The Ultra-Q works especially well
when adjacent channel rejection is required. The Ultra-Q will not add insertion loss into
the system, and if gain is required it can be programmed into the unit...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1985/793725
 
3) Voltage Controlled Phase Shifters
 
I.F. Engineering, a custom supplier of power dividers, couplers, quadrature hybrids, phase
shifters, phase detectors, phase modulators and sub-systems, offers the following voltage
controlled phase shifters....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1986/793725
 
4) MP Series Bridge/Router
 
The Solectek MP Series, developed in collaboration with Harris Semiconductor, is a family
of wireless, transparent MAC layer, 2.4 GHz multipoint Ethernet bridges with RIP/Static
IP/IPX routing. This field upgradable family consists of the MP-200-E with a data rate of
2Mbps, the MP550-E with a data rate of 5.5Mbps and the MP1100-E with a data rate of
11Mbps...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1987/793725
 
5) PC100 Ultracapacitor
 
The PC100 stores 265 joules of energy at a nominal 2.3 volts for immediately available
high power delivery. Measuring 34 x 57 x 17 mm and weighing 40 grams, the PC100 offers 100
farads of capacitance. The PC100 ultracapacitor provides an economical energy storage
capability for medium sized applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1988/793725
 
6) Medium Power, Broadband Solid State RF Amplifier
 
Aethercomm P/N SSPA-0.8-4.5-5.0 was designed to be used as a laboratory amplifier for all
medium power testing needs from 800 MHz to 4.5 GHz. This SSPA can also be used in any
application where medium power and gain are required in a rugged environment. This class A
unit has an extremely broadband gain and power response...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1989/793725
 
7) Power Center
 
The Precision Power Center offers the benefits of a customized power system, with the
convenience of a pre-packaged, factory-tested system. It provides grounding, custom
distribution, monitoring, and expansion capabilities. The system is suitable for computer,
telecommunications, manufacturing, and LAN/WAN applications...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1990/793725
 
8) LINC2 Pro Software
 
LINC2 combines powerful RF/Microwave simulation with circuit synthesis and integrated
schematic capture. RF tools and design modules are built in and linked to a general
purpose circuit simulator...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1991/793725
 
9) BlueChip Monitor/Control Device 
 
The BlueChip makes remote field-installed equipment 'come alive'. It virtually eliminates
costly on-site human intervention by allowing you or your host computer to remotely
monitor and control any alarm or "On/Off" device...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1992/793725
 
10) High Frequency Structure Simulator 
 
Ansoft Corporation's HFSS 8.5 is a new release of the market-leading, high-frequency, 3D
electromagnetic design software for the microwave/RF industry. This new release includes a
64-bit architecture carefully implemented to expand analysis capability while minimizing
increased memory usage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1993/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================
CONSULTING SERVICES
Find the best consultant for your project through Wireless Design Online Consulting
Services. With performance data on 1,800 pre-qualified firms, this easy to use service
ensures you'll get the right firm, every time. 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/322/793725
 
==========================================================
CAREER SERVICES
Wireless Design Online has partnered with Artemis HR to bring you targeted resume and job
search capabilities.  Visit today:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/913/793725
 
==========================================================

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/