Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Foundation for Moral Courage Honors Father Mychal Judge Pays Tribute to TV Documentary "9/11"

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:13:04 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FD20021115490000072.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Foundation for Moral Courage Honors Father Mychal Judge Pays Tribute to TV Documentary "9/11"

WASHINGTON, Nov 14, 2002 (U.S. Newswire via COMTEX) -- Father Mychal Judge, the New York firehouse priest who lost his life administering last rights to fallen firefighters at the World Trade Center, will be honored posthumously by the Foundation for Moral Courage at a ceremony and dinner at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 20 at the Polish Embassy. Presenting the 3rd Annual Jan Karski Award for Moral Courage will be Sy Rotter, who established the foundation in 1992 and serves as its president.

Source:

U.S. Newswire

Date:

11/15/2002 12:29

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (474 words)

Document ID:

FD20021115490000072

Subject(s):

USN; Clinton; Commercial; Connecticut; Europe; Executive; Film; Fire; Foundation; Germany; High School; Israel; Jewish; Marketing; Police; Population; President; South Carolina; Television; Trade; TV; University; Web

Foundation for Moral Courage Honors Father Mychal Judge Pays Tribute to TV Documentary "9/11"

Story Filed: Friday, November 15, 2002 12:29 PM EST

WASHINGTON, Nov 14, 2002 (U.S. Newswire via COMTEX) -- Father Mychal Judge, the
New York firehouse priest who lost his life administering last rights to fallen
firefighters at the World Trade Center, will be honored posthumously by the
Foundation for Moral Courage at a ceremony and dinner at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov.
20 at the Polish Embassy. Presenting the 3rd Annual Jan Karski Award for Moral
Courage will be Sy Rotter, who established the foundation in 1992 and serves as
its president.

The Foundation for Moral Courage, formerly known as Documentaries International,
will also present the Jan Karski Film Award to French brothers Jules and Gedeon
Naudet and James Hanlon for their award-winning CBS documentary "9/11,"
chronicling the devastation of the World Trade Center.

Chair persons for the annual benefit are Nobel Peace Prize winners President
Jimmy Carter and Elie Wiesel, Rosalynn Carter, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Sen.
Joseph Lieberman (D- Conn.), The Honorable Zbigniew Brzezinski, and U.S. Rep.
John Lewis (D-Ga.) who received last year's Jan Karski Award for Moral Courage.

The evening's speakers will include Monsignor Salvatore Criscuolo, chaplain of
the D.C. Area Fire Fighters and Police; Bill Lucy, secretary-treasurer of the
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, the union to which
Father Judge belonged; Mark Schweitzer, vice president for marketing at Nextel
which sponsored "9/11" without commercial breaks; and Susan Zirinsky, executive
producer for CBS News, the network that aired "9/11."

Rotter said, "The Foundation for Moral Courage is proud to honor Father Judge
and to pay tribute to the "9/11" filmmakers who made it possible for us to
appreciate the ultimate sacrifice Father Judge and so many of his colleagues
made in the World Trade Center disaster."

Jan Karski, who died in 2000 at the age of 86, was a Polish Diplomat during
World War II who witnessed the Holocaust and tried to stop it by visiting
Roosevelt and Churchill to alert them to Germany's plans to destroy Europe's
Jewish population. Although Karski was ultimately unsuccessful, he is recognized
around the world for the moral courage of his international efforts. He later
became an American citizen and an honorary citizen of Israel. A statue of Jan
Karski was unveiled last summer on the campus of Georgetown University where he
taught for close to 40 years.

The Foundation for Moral Courage produces television documentaries
primarily for high school students, highlighting acts of moral courage. The
films are distributed by the foundation and South Carolina Educational TV to
high schools in the U.S.

For information on the Foundation for Moral Courage, visit its Web site at

www.moralcourage.org South Carolina ETV can be reached at 800-553-7752.

http://www.usnewswire.com /U.S. Newswire 202-347-2770/ 11/15 10:40

Copyright 2002, U.S. Newswire

CONTACT: Page Crosland for the Foundation for Moral Courage,
202-966-194

Copyright (C) 2002, U.S. Newswire

-0-

Copyright © 2002, U.S. Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.