Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Strasburg Twp. unveils proposed 2003 budget

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:56:56 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34717530&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

- Bankruptcy

- Dividends/Earnings

- Executives

- Intellect. Prop.

- Investments

- Investors

- IPO's

- Joint Ventures

- Labor

- Mergers & Acq.

- Mortgages/Loans

- Products

- Reg. and Taxes

- Venture Capital

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Strasburg Twp. unveils proposed 2003 budget

Source: Intelligencer Journal

Publication date: 2002-11-26

Arrival time: 2002-11-27

Strasburg Township unveiled a no-tax-hike 2003 budget during a
Nov. 18 supervisors meeting.

Projected income for 2003 will be $518,000, up $8,000 -- or 1.5
percent -- from the current year's budget of $510,000.

Expenses for 2003 will total $518,000, up from $510,000 for 2002.

Big-ticket items proposed for 2003 include the widening of Herr
Road at $140,000 and a $50,000 donation toward Refton Fire Company's
purchase of a new pumper truck. Under the proposed budget, the fire
company also would receive $10,500 as an annual contribution from
the township.

In another matter, the supervisors voiced their opposition to
Senate Bill 1413, which would make it much easier to allow bio
solids to be sprayed on farms. Supervisor Chairman Dan Herr said the
bill does not put limits on how much bio solids could be sprayed,
which could include human waste, could be placed on a farm. Herr
said some opponents fear health issues.

In other business, the board:

Approved the purchase of three Nextel phones with two-way radios
for the road crew to replace current cellular phones.

Granted a conditional use to Richard and Michele Barr of
Lancaster to build a home on property along Miller Road, part of
which has more than a 15 percent grade.

Heard a request from Ed Hess, of 420 Twim Elm Road, to add one-
third of an acre to his property.

Publication date: 2002-11-26

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy