Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PCS Vision(SM) From Sprint Recognized as One of the World's Most Innovative Technologies by Popular Science

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:53:52 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-08-2002/0001837497&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

PCS Vision(SM) From Sprint Recognized as One of the World's Most Innovative Technologies by Popular Science

SPRINT LOGO

Sprint logo. (PRNewsFoto)[PM TK]

KANSAS CITY, MO USA 10/09/2002

New Service Recognized in 'Best of What's New' Issue

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. and NEW YORK, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Less than six
months after its nationwide launch, PCS Vision(SM) from Sprint has been touted
as one of the most outstanding technologies by Popular Science Magazine. The
issue will be on newsstands November 12. Sprint (NYSE: FON, PCS) operates the
largest all-digital, all-PCS nationwide network, and launched its enhanced
wireless service earlier this year.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20001013/SPRINTLOGO )
PCS Vision includes services that allow customers to browse the Internet
wirelessly at speeds comparable to a home computer's dial-up connection; check
personal and corporate e-mail; download polyphonic ringers and full-color,
graphically-rich games and screen savers; and take and receive pictures with
the PCS Vision Camera(SM) on select Vision-enabled PCS Phones.
"Sprint has always been a technological leader, and the nationwide
availability of our enhanced wireless services along with our simplified
pricing continues to encourage the adoption and use of these services," said
Len Lauer, president of the PCS division of Sprint. "Having the enhanced
Sprint nationwide PCS network recognized by Popular Science is a tremendous
honor and clearly reaffirms the PCS commitment to delivering the types of
valuable applications and services customers want and need to stay connected
to family, co-workers and friends."
When tested, PCS Vision "connect(s) at 70Kbps, making e-mail, instant
messaging and Web surfing legitimate handheld options for the first time,"
according to the editors of the magazine.

About Popular Science
Popular Science Properties is a division of Time4 Media(TM), the world's
leading publisher of leisure-time magazines. Founded in 1872, Popular Science
is the world's largest science and technology magazine with a circulation of
1.45 million subscribers and a readership of more than seven million people.
Time4 Media is a subsidiary of Time, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary
of AOL Time Warner, Inc. (NYSE: AOL).

About Sprint
Sprint is a global communications company serving more than 26 million
business and residential customers in over 70 countries. With approximately
75,000 employees worldwide and more than $26 billion in annual revenues,
Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying
state-of-the-art network technologies, including the United States' first
nationwide all-digital, fiber-optic network and Sprint's award-winning Tier 1
Internet backbone. Sprint provides local voice and data services in 18 states
and operates the largest 100-percent digital, nationwide PCS wireless network
in the United States.

Click here

SOURCE Sprint

Web Site: http://www.sprintpcs.com

Photo Notes: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20001013/SPRINTLOGO AP
Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,
+1-888-776-6555 or
+1-212-782-2840

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.