Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:39:58 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, November 14, 2002
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  
 
1) Keithley RF Test Solution for High Speed Production Test Recommended by QUALCOMM
2) RF Micro Devices Introduces Second-Generation, Quad-Band Power Amplifier Module with
Integrated Power Control
3) Barry Industries Earns ISO 9001:2000 Certification
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Keithley RF Test Solution for High Speed Production Test Recommended by QUALCOMM
 
CLEVELAND, Nov 13, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Keithley Instruments, Inc. (NYSE:KEI) recently
completed a product development effort, using Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)
measurement requirements from QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq:QCOM), which led to the
introduction of Keithley's Model 2800 RF Power Analyzer, a test solution targeted at the
needs of manufacturers of wireless phones, RFIC power...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1727/793725
 
2) RF Micro Devices Introduces Second-Generation, Quad-Band Power Amplifier Module with
Integrated Power Control
 
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: RFMD), a leading provider of proprietary radio frequency
integrated circuits (RFICs) for wireless communications applications, today announced the
availability of the RF3140, a high-efficiency quad-band power amplifier (PA) module with
integrated power control circuitry...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1728/793725
 
3) Barry Industries Earns ISO 9001:2000 Certification
 
Barry Industries, a manufacturer of RF and Microwave components has been certified to the
new ISO 9001:2000 standard by T?V Management Service, a Division of T?V America Inc....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1729/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) Step Attenuators
2) 3.5 GHz Prescaler 
3) Radio Modules 
4) Miniature Cavity Filters
5) Microwave Design Services
6) Quartz Crystal Resonators
7) Bandwidth Amplifier
8) Application Notes 
9) Advanced Materials 
10) Surface-Mount SPDT Switches
 
---------------------------------------
 
1) Step Attenuators
 
Features:
- SMA connectors standard, other connectors available 
- Most units can easily be supplied with Type N or BNC connectors, see below for details 
- Attenuation increases in clockwise direction 
- 30 degrees with stops at minimum and maximum
- More...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1730/793725
 
2) 3.5 GHz Prescaler 
 
The PE9301 is a high performance monolithic CMOS prescaler with a fixed divide ratio of
two. Its operating frequency range is 2.0 to 3.5 GHz, it is designed for low power
operation (11.5mA @ 3V across frequency), and operates from a single supply...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1731/793725
 
3) Radio Modules 
 
HM Radio Technology, a leading designer and manufacturer of wireless data devices for
critical mission uses, offers a series of radio modules especially designed for low power
applications. Over 13 years of RF design and manufacturing experience have enabled HM to
produce products that are unique in their field....
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1738/793725
 
4) Miniature Cavity Filters
 
Similar to our Cavity Filters, our miniature versions offer low loss and high selectivity.
They are available in the frequency range of 200 MHz to 18 GHz, and come in 3 varieties.
The units use helical resonators at the low frequencies, and loaded coaxial resonators at
the high frequencies...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1732/793725
 
5) Microwave Design Services
 
Orban Microwave Products (OMP) designs and manufactures wireless radio and antenna
products for both the commercial and high-end markets. OMP was established as an
independent RF and microwave design organization concentrating on projects in the 1 to 20
GHz frequency range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1739/793725
 
6) Quartz Crystal Resonators
 
In a Corning quartz crystal, a thin slice of quartz is placed between two electrodes. An
alternating voltage applied to these electrodes causes the quartz to vibrate, or
oscillate, at a particular frequency. The frequency is a function of the thickness of the
crystal. By carefully preparing a crystal, it can be made to oscillate at any frequency...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1733/793725
 
7) Bandwidth Amplifier
 
Spanning 100 to 2000 MHz, model RF2302 is a broadband linear variable gain amplifier
designed for use in digital communications systems that require linear amplification over
a wide gain control range. Operating from a single +3 to +6-VDC supply, the device
features a 25-dB linear gain control range...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1734/793725
 
8) Application Notes 
 
Application notes on the company's UFB family of UTiFLEX flexible microwave cable
assemblies have been released. The application notes focus on the cable assemblies'
amplitude and phase stability versus temperatures ranging from ?50? C to 100? C...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1735/793725
 
9) Advanced Materials 
 
Advanced Materials is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of specialty foams, foils,
films and pressure-sensitive adhesive components serving a broad base of domestic and
international customers in the computer, medical, automotive, aerospace and
telecommunications industries...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1740/793725
 
10) Surface-Mount SPDT Switches
 
Operating at over 20 GHz, Skyworks' new AP640R5-A3 and AP038R5-A3 SPDT switches utilize
MMIC technology to replace discrete pin diodes in high-volume millimeter wave and sensor
system switching applications. As single integrated components, Skyworks' new
surface-mount switches simplify handling, cut part counts and reduce assembly costs...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/1736/793725

==========================================================
GENERATE LEADS
The VertMarkets Marketplace Manager is a self-service marketing tool that extends your
existing online marketing activities and lets you generate qualified sales leads for your
products.  To learn more please visit us at:  
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/content/vertpages/MarketplaceManager.asp?comingfrom=news_online_foot
 
==========================================================
ADVERTISE ONLINE
Need to reach qualified buyers of business products and professional services?  Advertise
on Wireless Design Online or in the Wireless Design Online Newsletter. Find out how our
flexible advertising programs can help you meet your marketing objectives:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/advariant/advertising.asp
 
==========================================================
FREE TRADE PUBLICATIONS 
Browse from the extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, key word or
geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. All
of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden fees, no soft or trial offers,
and no obligation.   
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/897/793725
 
==========================================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/