Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Week Cuts Publishing Back to Bi-Monthly

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:59:51 -0500

Wireless Week Cuts Publishing Back to Bi-Monthly
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34491052&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

-

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

RCR Wireless News is the Only Weekly Newspaper Covering Telecom

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-11-19

Business Editors/High-Tech Writers

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 19, 2002--With the announcement that
Wireless Week is cutting its frequency to twice a month, RCR Wireless
News has become the only weekly newspaper in the telecom industry.

"2002 has been a tough year on everyone in the wireless industry,
but RCR Wireless News will continue to stand by its readers and
advertisers during this depressed period," said RCR Wireless News
Publisher John Sudmeier. "We were there for them during the boom times
of the late 1990s and 2000, and we aren't going to leave them stranded
during these more trying times. Our industry looked to us as the news
source when we were publishing 160-page issues, and they still look to
us for news and industry analysis every week even though there are
fewer ad dollars out there. It's important to have a newspaper to
cover the wireless industry, and we're it."

RCR Wireless News is owned by Crain Communications Inc. Crain also
owns Advertising Age, Automotive News and a variety of trade
newspapers, as well as city news weeklies.

According to the publication, the reader always comes first at RCR
Wireless News and GlobalWirelessNews.com. More than ever, wireless
industry executives need to understand what is happening in the
wireless industry and how it will affect them. In a down economy,
reading about a crucial piece of information two weeks late is hardly
helpful. In fact, the wireless industry's success has come in large
part because people like to communicate -- often.

"Others can try to spin it however they want, but the fact is we
have been the news source for the wireless community for more than 20
years. And we plan to be here for our readers and advertisers for the
next 20 years," said RCR Wireless News Editor and Associate Publisher
Tracy Ford. "Rest assured, if the industry was to regain traction,
other publications would admit the benefits of publishing weekly. We
haven't cut our staff in half, we aren't scrambling to find a new
direction and we plan to continue as the industry's reliable Monday
morning newspaper."

To keep track of daily events shaping the U.S. wireless industry,
register for breaking news and daily updates at rcrnews.com. For
worldwide coverage and in-region perspectives, register for news
alerts at GlobalWirelessNews.com. Both sites also deliver news to
mobile devices.

Publication date: 2002-11-19

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy

---

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:52:26 -0500

I don't feel it would be too much of a loss to the industry if WW went
under completely.
Go RCR!!

Alan Dixon
[email-masked]

--------- Original Message ----------
From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:59:51 -0500
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Week Cuts Publishing Back to Bi-Monthly

Wireless Week Cuts Publishing Back to Bi-Monthly
http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34491052&ID=cn
niw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

--

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Source: Business Wire

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary