Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel suffers with free charge negotiation

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:50:38 -0500

Nextel suffers with free charge negotiation

Story Filed: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 2:54 PM EST

Brazil, Oct 23, 2002 (Gazeta Mercantil/SABI via COMTEX) -- The Brazilian subsidiary of the
mobile phone operator Nextel
had its call billing proposal, of R$0,26 per minute, refused by its competitors Intelig
and BCP. Excluding ATL, which charges
R$0,2155, the amount is the lowest in the domestic market and was calculated from Nextel's
network medium cost. The
trunking operator, was the first one to practice free charge negotiations policy adopted
by the National Agency for
Telecomunications, Anatel (Agencia Nacional de Telecomunicacoes), according to the new
mobile phone regulation. The
company' operation income represented 7% of overall income in 2002 and might reach 15% as
Nextel do not have pre paid
terminals. The company started charging for the use of its network in 2001.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/