Subject: [NEXTEL-1] i88's Now $100

From: "Gerald Arnone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:49:46 -0600

On N's website.  Guess they couldn't squeeze an extra $150 out of the consumer for GPS features.

GPS, WAP and Java...and still, all anyone wants is minutes.

Gerald J. Arnone
ENYO, Inc.

voice:   210.490.7790
fax:      888.257.ENYO
e-mail:  [email-masked]
web:     www.enyoworkstation.com

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:31:11 -0800

Yeah Bulldog,

You nailed the core user need: reliable, economical voice
communications. 

The typical user doesn't need 50+ year old fashioned technology
"push-to-talk" operation (what Nextel has re-named "Direct Connect") or
expensive portable broadband data links. 

This sort of parallels the internet evolution. 
At first there were a lot of early geeks that would use the Arpanet (the
original name for the internet), using UNIX command line entries which
was the equivalent of pust-to-talk radio.  

Then in a rapid series of developments, along came ftp, gopher and user
interfaces leading up to HTML and Mosaic broswers. (MTS, IMTS and then
cellular)

Both become popular because they served the users needs in a convenient
manner.

Now we see pop-up ads, spyware and unbelievably abusive contracts and a
constant search for the next 'killer app' like the web browser, which
cannot occur because every 'improvement' serves a smaller market niche.
Wireless carriers are chasing similar ghosts.  The only recurring growth
ideas are service, not technology, based.

(Everyone that wants to pay $100+ per month for high speed data capable
handsets, please say 'Yea"..,.... the NO's have it.) 

And I am convinced the next winner will be the carrier with reliable
coverage;
that is the 'killer solution' for the next evolutionary step in
wireless.

I used to buy my on-line timne for a base fee plus usage time. I had
massive $1000 plus per month internet bills. That's how I'm charged for
my cellular and Nextel handset use today.

Now I can get a full website hosting with a dozen mailboxes, accessible
from anywhere, maintenace included for under $25 a month. If I go
bargain shopping I can get basic connect service for under $10 a month.
I have 'number portability' too (My own URL) for less than a dollar a
month more.

There is every reason to believe history will eventually repeat itself
and I will have a flat rate, use anywhere, handset for $10 month in few
years, and after a lot more of what I call "invester churn". 

But I may be wrong.........
Jack Daniel
=======================================================

> web:     www.enyoworkstation.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/