Subject: [mobile-ip] question wrt AAA MIPv4

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:18:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated.

Consider this scenario. A MN is configured with a valid home address
and home netmask but not with a Home Agent address. Also, the MN's
registration request is processed via the AAA infrastructure. In such
cases, what should the home agent field in the request be? Should it
be the subnet bcast address (per base MIPv4 standards) or should it be
255.255.255.255 (the address set aside by diameter MIPv4 for home
agent allocation in the home network)?

thanks!

Siva

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:31:30 -0800

Hello Siva,

My inclination would be recommend 255.255.255.255.
The subnet broadcast stuff doesn't seem to
be getting any reports of use.

Regards,
Charlie P.