Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Products: High-power repeaters extend coverage

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:08:04 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "Syed Maqbool Hassan" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Products: High-power repeaters extend coverage

High-power repeaters extend coverage

Andrew Corp. has introduced a new line of cellular and PCS repeaters 
for both indoor and outdoor applications. 

Medium and high-power outdoor repeaters, such as the Andrew R1900-C, 
are lower cost alternatives to base stations in areas where hills, 
buildings, or other structures cause lost or diminished RF signals. 
Designed for CDMA systems, this "over the air" repeater extends base 
station coverage to shadow areas caused by hills, large buildings 
and other structures. 

Andrew repeaters also can be used as an efficient and low-cost 
alternative to base stations in areas where coverage is more 
critical than additional capacity. 

The Andrew R1900-C has a multicarrier high-power output at a 
fraction of the cost of a base station. Andrew R1900-C repeaters are 
band selective, and the small R1900-C repeaters are designed for one-
person installation. The Microsoft Windows-compatible software and 
remote interface allow control of the gain and monitoring of the 
alarms. The units are housed in rugged, weather-resilient NEMA4 
enclosures. 

All of the new repeaters employ Intermediate Frequency (IF) 
filtering, for a variety of bandwidths, to make certain that only 
the desired signals are repeated. 

Source:
http://rfdesign.com/ar/radio_highpower_repeaters_extend/index.htm

Best regards
Syed Hassan

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/