Subject: [NEXTEL-1] United States Telecommunications Training Institute (USTTI) Course on Amateur Radio

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:08:22 -0500

From: "ARRL Letter" Vol. 21, No. 46
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:00:48 -0500

==>USTTI CLASS OF 2002 LEARNS ABOUT AMATEUR RADIO

Six students from around the world recently attended the United States
Telecommunications Training Institute (USTTI)/International Amateur Radio
Union (IARU) course on Amateur Radio administration at ARRL Headquarters.
The course was held November 4-8.

Coordinated by USTTI and presented jointly by IARU and ARRL staffers, the
program covers--among other topics--the International Telecommunication
Union and ITU regulations, the IARU, spectrum management, emergency
communication, digital communication, satellites, electromagnetic
interference, international licensing, and Amateur Radio testing and
licensing in the US.

The trainees also constructed a simple 40-meter receiver in the ARRL Lab.

Attending this year's session were Ivannia Marcela Blanco of Costa Rica,
Mabel Doku of Ghana, Antonio Edward Eba Padre of the Philippines, Nicolae
Ghibu of Romania, Sung-Chul Chae of South Korea, and O'Connor Malambo of
Zambia. All of the students are in occupations in their home countries
that involve the use of telecommunications.

Teaching the majority of the Amateur Radio Administration Course were
ARRL
Technical Relations Specialists Jon Siverling, WB3ERA, and Walt Ireland,
WB7CSL--both of the ARRL's Washington, DC, office. The staff of the ARRL
Laboratory was on hand to help with the construction of the receiver.

ARRL staff member Lisa Kustosik, KA1UFZ, served as USTTI coordinator this
year.

For more information on USTTI, visit the USTTI Web site
<http://ustti.org/>.

[From USTTI the Website:  The United States Telecommunications Training
Institute is a non-profit joint venture between leading US based
communications and IT corporations and leaders of the Federal government
who together provide tuition-free management, policy and technical
training for talented professionals from the developing world.]

===========================================================
The ARRL Letter is published Fridays, 50 times each year, by the 
American Radio Relay League--
225 Main St, Newington, CT 06111; 
tel 860-594-0200; fax 860-594-0259; 
http://www.arrl.org. Jim Haynie, W5JBP, President.

Material from The ARRL Letter may be republished or reproduced in whole
or
in part in any form without additional permission. Credit must be given
to
The ARRL Letter and The American Radio Relay League.

==>Editorial questions or comments: Rick Lindquist, N1RL, [email-masked]

==>How to Get The ARRL Letter

The ARRL Letter is available to ARRL members free of charge directly from
ARRL HQ.

The ARRL Letter also is available to all, free of charge, from these
sources:

* ARRLWeb, http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/. (NOTE: The ARRL Letter will
be
posted each Friday when it is distributed via e-mail.)

* The QTH.net listserver, thanks to volunteers from the Boston Amateur
Radio Club: Visit http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/letter-list.
(NOTE: The ARRL cannot assist subscribers who receive The ARRL Letter via
this listserver.)

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/