Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Competition key issue in telecom industry

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 04:05:56 -0500

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=printnews&doc_id=NR20021108375.2_d83d0001fd9355da

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Print this Page

Competition key issue in telecom industry

November 8, 2002 4:28pm

MEXICO CITY, Nov 8, 2002 (El Universal/Corporate Mexico by Internet Securities,
Inc. via COMTEX) -- Competition in telecommunications and electronics is one of
the central issues concerning the industry. The XXII Annual National Convention
of the Chamber of the Electronics, Telecommunication and IT Industry (Canieti)
will begin today, with the new twist that the sector is confronting severe
financial problems, a split among industry players and a bitter debate on the
new telecommunications law.The National Telecommunications Association (Anatel)
the new organization formed by Pegaso, Ericsson, Uniefon, Nextel, Digitel,
Alcatel, Motorola and Telcel, among others, left Canieti because they felt their
interests were not being represented. Telmex, the main player in this sector,
does not belong to either group.Rogelio Garza, general director of Canieti, said
that competition would be the key issue at this meeting. Canieti will also
request that the government eliminate the luxury tax on computers, audio
equipment and telecommunications equipment.

URL: www.securities.com

Copyright 2002 Internet Securities, Inc., all rights reserved. A Euromoney Institutional Investor Company.

-0-

SUBJECT CODE:     Indtel

CXviaNewsEdge

Copyright © 2002 Comtex News Network

Feedback | Log In | Log Out | Subscribe | Advertise | About | Help | Site Map | Newsletters |
Hoover's Wireless

Home | Companies & Industries | Money | Career Development | News Center | Business Travel | Purchasing Center

Copyright © 2001,
Hoover's, Inc. |
Hoover's is Hiring |
NASDAQ: HOOV |
Privacy Policy |
Advertising Info