Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 10 Million Wireless Camera Phones Sold In 2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:29:57 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/November2002/4416.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

www.3G.co.uk

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

All
Todays Press Releases Click Here

10
Million Wireless Camera Phones Sold In 2002

14th November 2002

According
to the new Wireless Device Strategies report from Strategy Analytics,
“Global Cellular Camera Phone Sales: Q3 2002 Update,” 10 Million
embedded-camera phones were sold worldwide in the first nine months of
2002. Almost half the sales were in Q3, as camera phone sales boomed in
Japan.

Photo
shows the a typical mobile with on-board camera - the Sharp GX-10.

Neil Mawston, Senior Analyst
with the Global Wireless Practice, notes, “Strategy Analytics expects
16 Million camera phones to be sold worldwide in 2002. Three million more
camera phones will be sold this year than PDAs, emphasizing the importance
of this emerging market. Japan and Korea are the world’s leading
camera phone markets right now, where 96 percent of camera phones were
sold in the first nine months of 2002.”

Other key findings from this
Global Wireless Practice report of Strategy Analytics include: J-Phone
Vodafone of Japan is the world’s number one camera phone operator;
Sharp of Japan is the world’s leading camera phone vendor; Nokia
is Western Europe’s leading camera phone vendor.

David Kerr, Vice President
of Strategy Analytics says, “Camera phone retail prices, at an average
$300-plus in Western Europe, are a huge barrier. It is essential to move
prices beyond the high-end into the mid-range at retail prices below $150.
Operator subsidies will be needed, but device vendors who can drive down
cost curves the fastest will gain market share. We expect Japanese vendors,
such as Sharp, to be strong in this area through Q4.”

Click
Here For Full Details On Line

All
Todays Press Releases Click Here

All Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

m