Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE:FCC's Proposal for rapid transition to market allocation of spectrum

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 07:34:51 -0500

Question...why 300 to 3000???  What happened to 200?  300 doesn't even come
into the equation due to ITU band planning limitations - just have a good
ring with 3000?  I am having a hard time understanding why the 200 MHz band
was not included when a revamp appears to be not only badly needed, but
outright requested by several proposals for rule making, comments, and reply
comments from various entities?  The Gubmint turned over the majority of
these bands to the public (potentially), and the channels didn't start at
300 MHz...

Heck, even Nextel owns 220 spectrum, and the band has its first band
manager.  Time to beat the drum??

Todd Ellis

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:01:14 -0800

> these bands to the public (potentially), and the channels didn't start at

Ah, but "UHF" does.  UHF is 300 - 3000 MHz.

As with many things Gubmint, ya gotta put a stake in it somewhere...
Don

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:18:55 -0500

I tend to agree, but this heah Gubmint has done the best rendition of a
Mexican Hat Dance I have ever seen when it comes to 200 MHz.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Root [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 3:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] RE:FCC's Proposal for rapid transition to market
allocation of spectrum