Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola First to Deploy TETRA Radio Communication System in Venezuela -- The Government of the State of Tachira Selects Motorola's TETRA Solution for Advanced Emergency and Safety Radio Communications

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:37:06 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FB20021120460000052.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Motorola First to Deploy TETRA Radio Communication System in Venezuela -- The Government of the State of Tachira Selects Motorola's TETRA Solution for Advanced Emergency and Safety Radio Communications

CARACAS, Venezuela and NICE, France, Nov 20, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Motorola (NYSE: MOT) Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector announced the industry's first successful deployment of a TETRA-based radio communications system in Venezuela. The new system will provide advanced digital radio communications capabilities for police and security personnel in the State of Tachira.

Source:

PR Newswire

Date:

11/20/2002 05:00

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (less than 1 page)

Document ID:

FB20021120460000052

Subject(s):

PRN; Africa; Asia; Commercial; Communications; Emergency; Europe; France; Government; Industrial; NYSE; Police; Population; Radio; Sales; Security; Telecommunications; Venezuela

Document Type:

Press releases

Motorola First to Deploy TETRA Radio Communication System in Venezuela -- The Government of the State of Tachira Selects Motorola's TETRA Solution for Advanced Emergency and Safety Radio Communications

Story Filed: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 5:00 AM EST

CARACAS, Venezuela and NICE, France, Nov 20, 2002 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via
COMTEX/ -- Motorola (NYSE: MOT) Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions
Sector announced the industry's first successful deployment of a TETRA-based
radio communications system in Venezuela. The new system will provide advanced
digital radio communications capabilities for police and security personnel in
the State of Tachira.

Motorola's Dimetra TETRA solution offers a wide range of advanced capabilities
with proven reliability and the enhanced security of digital communications. The
new system will provide two-way radio voice communications including enhanced
applications such as alert call, radio verification and the ability for public
safety personnel to utilize an emergency call function to signal that they need
immediate support and resources. The Government of the State of Tachira will
utilize Motorola MTP700 handheld radios and MTM700 mobile radios.

Motorola's Dimetra TETRA solution will allow the State of Tachira to add future
applications such as messaging and data capabilities, which would enable public
safety personnel to access, exchange and transmit information to and from
databases.

Motorola's TETRA solution was designed specifically to address the critical
communications needs of public safety and emergency personnel throughout the
State of Tachira, which has a population of one million citizens. The new system
initially will have approximately 450 users. It serves a central station located
in San Cristobal with three remote sites that cover most of the territory of the
State of Tachira. The State of Tachira plans to expand the system up to 16 sites
in future phases.

About TETRA

TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) is the European Telecommunications
Standardisation Institute's (ETSI) only open standard for digital two-way radio
communication. TETRA has been selected by a growing number of organizations in
Europe, Africa and Asia, and recently was introduced into the Latin American
region. Motorola is a recognized leader in TETRA worldwide, with more than 50
contracts and operational trials in over 30 countries. Motorola is attending the
TETRA World Congress in Nice, France 19-21 Nov and for more information contact
Motorola TETRA:
www.motorola.com/tetra . TETRA MoU:
www.tetramou.com/ .

About Motorola

Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications solutions and embedded electronic solutions. Its sales in 2001
were $30 billion. For further information, please visit
www.motorola.com .

SOURCE Motorola, Inc.

CONTACT: Latin America, Lola Morales of Motorola, +1-954-723-8142,
[email-masked]
/Photo: NewsCom:
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020307/MOTLOGO

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020415/MOTNOTAGLOGO
AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org
PRN Photo Desk, +1-888-776-6555 or +1-212-782-2840

URL:
http://www.tetramou.com

http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2002 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: France

Venezuela
Illinois
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TLS
NET
CPR

Copyright © 2002, PR Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.