Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hop-On Moving Headquarters to 'Class A' Facility

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:01:16 -0500

What did these guys do?  only ship 6 phones?

<SNIP>
"Peter Michaels, Chairman and CEO of Hop-On, commented, "Our initial launch
was a success based on the units selling out within the first day.  And while
we only shipped in a limited quantity we accomplished our objectives."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-06-2002/0001836009&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Hop-On Issues Business Update

Hop-On Moving Headquarters to 'Class A' Facility

GARDEN GROVE, Calif., Nov. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hop-On (OTC: HPON),
the leading developer of disposable and fully recyclable cell phones, today
issued the following business update.
Peter Michaels, Chairman and CEO of Hop-On, commented, "Our initial launch
was a success based on the units selling out within the first day. And while
we only shipped in a limited quantity we accomplished our objectives. First,
we have a very favorable consumer response in a live retail environment with a
product compelling enough to generate actual purchases. Second, we were able
to test the CDMA network that will carry Hop-On's voice traffic. Third,
people are now buying more minutes using our replenishment platform. We are
procuring the final components for our next shipment. Our plan remains for
Hop-On to have a national presence in the U.S. late in the fourth quarter.
This will give us the retail presence necessary to ramp up our manufacturing
volumes."
"As part of our expansion plan, we will be relocating Hop-On's
headquarters to a more central location in Irvine, California. The new
location will give Hop-On an increased presence at a premiere facility. We
will be minutes from the airport in Orange County, which makes us more
accessible to prospective partners and customers. Importantly, we will have a
storefront complementing our office space in order to showcase our line of
phones and communication accessories. The new address will be 2020 Main
Street, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92614."
"We are also continuing to move forward on the international front. We
have relationships in place for GSM phones, but as a QUALCOMM worldwide CDMA
licensee, the CDMA opportunity is much more compelling for us in the near
term. As a result, we are identifying key geographic markets as measured by
population, demographic profiles, existing cell phone penetration rates and
underlying network capabilities. Examples would include India, China and
South America, among others. Based on estimates, we believe the handset
penetration rate in India is currently around 2% to 3%. Our low-priced
handset is critical to network and carrier success given that it will help
bring mobile communications to the mass market. This is just one of many
examples based on discussions we already have underway."
"Overall, we continue to be confident about our prospects and pleased with
our progress. We have the FCC approval and CDMA license necessary to move to
volume production. We have quantifiable proof that consumers will buy our
phones and we have started to build out our retail partner presence. We are
engaged in numerous strategic discussions with carrier and retail partners,
and additional financial partners. We look forward to giving you another
update on our progress over the coming months."

About Hop-On
Hop-On (OTC: HPON) is the developer and marketer of the world's first
disposable, fully recyclable and contract free cell phone. Hop-On's CDMA
phone is a digital, single mode cellular handset that operates in the 800 MHz
frequency band. The phones, which provide a much-needed alternative to full
service cellular contracts and prepaid calling cards, are fully recyclable and
will offer a rechargeable battery and the capability to add on additional
minutes. For more information, visit http://www.hop-on.com.

CONTACTS:
David Pasquale, 646-536-7006, or Jim Olecki, 646-536-7021
Both of The Ruth Group, http://www.TheRuthGroup.com

# # #

This Company's news release contains forward-looking statements within the
meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such
statements relate to, among other things, software functionality and capacity,
timing of the commencement of operations and cash flow, and are indicated by
words or phrases such as "anticipate," "estimate," "plans" and similar words
or phrases. The following are among the principal factors that could cause
actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements:
general business and economic conditions in the Company's operations,
including the rate of inflation, population, employment and job growth rate,
the pricing pressures and other competitive factors and issues arising from
year 2000 information technology issues. Consequently actual events and
results may vary significantly from those included in or contemplated or
implied by such statements.

SOURCE Hop-On

Web Site: http://www.hop-on.com

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.

---

From: "Philip Macafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:11:59 -0800

Do they actually have 6 phones?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 2:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hop-On Moving Headquarters to 'Class A' Facility

<SNIP>
"Peter Michaels, Chairman and CEO of Hop-On, commented, "Our initial launch
was a success based on the units selling out within the first day.  And
while
we only shipped in a limited quantity we accomplished our objectives."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-06
-2002/0001836009&EDATE=

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.