Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Aerospace Commission Recommends Changes

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:00:40 -0500

Aerospace Commission Recommends Changes

http://search.pbimedia.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi?action=View&VdkVgwKey=%2E%2E%2Fdocuments%2Farchive%2Fct%2Fct11200213%2Ehtml&DocOffset=1&Collection=archive&&ViewTemplate=new_tweb_view_satn.hts

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/telecomweb.com/satellite;ad=exc;sz=468x60;ptile=1;ord=<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->'><IMG
SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/telecomweb.com/satellite;ad=exc;sz=468x60;ptile=1;ord=<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->' border=0
height="60" width="468"></A>

November 19, 2002

Advanced
Search

Search Help

Subscribe

Satellite Newsstand

Premium Services

Executive Q&A

Point of View

Company Profiles

Data Center

Satellite Database

Launches

Transponder Guide

Financial Center

Transponder Tracker

Personnel Moves

Marketplace Exchange

White Papers & Presentations

Catalog

Awards and Events

Special Reports

Research

Career
Center

Industry
Directory

RFP Center

Calendar

Editorial Calendar

Contact Us

Satellite 2002 Europe

Satellite 2003

Via Satellite

Related Stories

Aerospace Commission Recommends Changes

Nov 20, 2002

A commission jointly established by Congress and the White House issued a comprehensive report on the future of the U.S. aerospace industry calling for a national aerospace
policy aimed at removing legal and regulatory barriers that slow the growth of U.S. aerospace companies. "A strong aerospace industry will enable the United States to defend
itself, compete in the global marketplace, maintain a highly skilled workforce and provide all Americans with the ability to travel safely and securely anywhere in the world,"
said former Rep. Robert Walker, chairman of the Commission on the Future of the United States Aerospace Industry.

A key section of the report addresses the space sector and the role of satellites and launch vehicles. One opportunity that the United States should seize is the development of
a real-time, global space-based communications, navigation, surveillance and reconnaissance system. Such capabilities would give the U.S. military the ability to move its forces
around the world, conduct precision strike operations and defend the homeland, the report found. The civil and commercial sectors will benefit from those capabilities for air
transportation management, monitoring global climate change, weather forecasting and other applications, the report found. A joint civil and military initiative is needed to
pursue this goal, the report recommended.

New Skies CEO Bullish About 2003

Modern Times Is Ready For A Vendor Change

U.S. DOJ Drives Stake Through Merger's Heart

Deal With MPH Is 'No Brainer' For Einstein

New Satellite Feature Helps Commercial Fishermen

BSkyB Hikes Satellite TV Prices In The UK Again

NovAtel Awarded Galileo Contract

Russia Sets Up Emergency System

DirecWay In Korea

Inmarsat's Butler Says Rumours Of Sale Are 'Blown Out Of Proportion'

Warmer Days Ahead for Satellite Industry

Canal+ Tries To Keep Football TV Rights

Transponder Monitor

XM Cuts Costs To Stretch Cash

Spotlight: Cisco, Globalstar Offer Secure Network

PanAmSat Cancels Satellite Order

Lack of Corporate Candor Carries High Price

Is NRTC Rural America's Telecom Savior?

Industry Executives Mourn Death Of Satellite TV Pioneer

Boeing's Delta IV Offers Glimpse Of Future

NSS-6 Shipped For Launch

Connexstar Chosen By Retail Chain

CSA Launches Satellite Program

Grafton Uses QuickBird Imagery

HNS Breaks Away From Broadband Pack

PBI Media Names Telecom Award Winners

The Satellite News Financial Ticker

Advertisement

<A HREF="http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/telecomweb.com/satellite;ad=exc;sz=125x600;ptile=2;ord=<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->'><IMG
SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/telecomweb.com/satellite;ad=exc;sz=125x600;ptile=2;ord=<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->' border=0
height="600" width="125"></A>

TelecomWeb
Network

BILLING |BROADBAND | E-BUSINESS
| FIBER OPTICS | SATELLITE
| WIRELESS DATA

TelecomWeb Home | About Us
| Advertise | Subscribe
| Feedback

Copyright
© 2002 PBI Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole
or in part in any form or medium without express written permission
of PBI Media, LLC is prohibited.