Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Unicom Guomai Transforms From Analog to Digital

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:52:33 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FA20021101340000611.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Unicom Guomai Transforms From Analog to Digital

CHINA, Nov 01, 2002 (SinoCast via COMTEX) -- On October 24, Unicom Guomai Communications Co., Ltd. (Unicom Guomai) announced the completion of the project of large scale capacity expansion of its integrated data enhancement network (iDEN) system. After the expansion, the system as the largest iDEN digital trunked communication system with most sophisticated technology and full functions in China will be put into trial operation. The successful openness of this system indicates that Unicom Guomai is transforming strategically from analog to digital in the sector of digital trunked communication system.

Source:

Asiaport Daily News

Date:

11/01/2002 06:33

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (238 words)

Document ID:

FA20021101340000611

Subject(s):

Asi; China; Communications; Employment; Expansion; Market; Shanghai; Technology; Trial

Unicom Guomai Transforms From Analog to Digital

Story Filed: Friday, November 01, 2002 6:33 AM EST

CHINA, Nov 01, 2002 (SinoCast via COMTEX) -- On October 24, Unicom Guomai
Communications Co., Ltd. (Unicom Guomai) announced the completion of the project
of large scale capacity expansion of its integrated data enhancement network
(iDEN) system. After the expansion, the system as the largest iDEN digital
trunked communication system with most sophisticated technology and full
functions in China will be put into trial operation. The successful openness of
this system indicates that Unicom Guomai is transforming strategically from
analog to digital in the sector of digital trunked communication system.

In recent years, in the strategic transformation, Unicom Guomai accurately
seized the opportunity of the development in digital trunked communication
market and determined to upgrade its analog trunked communication system to
digital system. Unicom Guomai totally invested 150 million RMB (1 USD = 8.28
RMB) for upgrading the system.

By the end of July 2002, Unicom Guomai has 12 digital trunked communication
users, with total employment of 402 terminals.

According to the survey of Unicom Guomai, the total potential users of digital
trunked communication in Shanghai will reach around 200,000, one fourth of which
will become the real users. In the future, digital trunked communication has
wide prosperous market.

From China Business, Page 8, Thursday, October 31, 2002
[email-masked]

Copyright (C) 2002 SinoCast, All rights reserved

KEYWORD: CHINA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: Marketing
Investment
SUBJECT CODE: Computers, Telecom and Information Technology

Copyright © 2002, Asiaport Daily News, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.