Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: PSWN Meeting

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:57:01 -0800

Can't we just get along?

I'm compelled to believe what several people has reported as direct
comments from Nextel is correct: Nextel thinks there is some
justification that Homeland Security funds should be diverted to pay for
some relocation/retuning. 

And when you ask Don Speights if any 'federal' money is going to be
used, he's probably thinking of money being taken out of some federal
agency's budget and not the Homeland Security grants. Entirely different
things to him, so in this context 'no federal funds will be used' may be
correct too.

Neither of these positions says other for-profit carriers may also be
paying a portion of the costs also. 

Therefore, I conclude both you gentlemen are correct.

But may be wrong......
Jack Daniel
===========================================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 02:50:23 -0500

Don's statement was made durning his presentation, not in response to any question asked.
I did not ask him any questions regarding money since he already addressed funding issues.

The issue of Federal money was never addressed by Don.

> Don Speights said that NEXTEL expects OTHERS WHO ARE  INTERFERING  to
> PAY $$$ to make up Nextel's Short Fall-

> things to him, so in this context 'no federal funds will be used' may be

    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:26:00 -0500

BTW- we all do get along, we (Nextel, DoD, FBI, DOJ)  all ate lunch together thanks to
Moto!

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:52:51 -0800

Whoops... I used the word "you" as a generalzation but Marcel may have
thought I meant him specifically. Sorry if that's the case because it
was not my intent.
===============================================

Marcel wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:00:57 -0500

Sorry-

My bad-

--