Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] Thoughts on using handover capability extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:17:51 -0600

> We seem to be interpreting Router Discovery slightly differently.
> IMO, FMIPv6 allows for "resolving an id to an AR". I can see you
> might call it AR Discovery, but that's not what I have been saying.
> Clearly, the information about the neighboring APs and ARs needs
> to be resident on the ARs. This information could be statically
> configured or through CARD. FMIPv6 only concerns with delivery
> of that information, and not how that information is computed.

Within the scope of the Mobile IP WG FMIPv6 deals only with the
handoff from oAR to nAR. How the oAR determines the nAR is not
dealt with by FMIPv6. It could be configured or there can be
some discovery mechanism. But discovery mechanisms are being
worked on in Seamoby. Now if CARD in seamoby wants to extend
FMIPv6 for CARD, they can do so. But is there such a requirement
at this time? And if such a requirement does exist, are the
FMIPv6 messages incapable of being extended? 

But one thing to say about this thread here is that lets not
get into CARD design using FMIPv6 here.

-Basavaraj

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:02:40 -0800

> FMIPv6 for CARD, they can do so. But is there such a requirement

Yes.

> FMIPv6 messages incapable of being extended?

IMO, no, at least for the simple scenarios.

> get into CARD design using FMIPv6 here.

Agreed.

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:02:40 -0800

Yes.

Agreed.