Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GPS Navigation (Like Hertz NeverLost, Alpine) on Nextel GPS-enabled i88 phone

From: "khakiz6889" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:03:32 -0000

Hello all,

Just wanted to tell you about a new service available on Nextel 
phone called TeleNav. Here's the description from Nextel's page:

Never get lost again! Just like expensive GPS Car Navigation 
Systems, TeleNav guides you turn-by-turn to any address in the 
Continental US. 

If you get off-track, TeleNav automatically re-calculate a new route 
for you. This is perfect for when you're traveling in a new area or 
need to go to an unfamiliar area in town. 

The service costs only $7 per month for unlimited use nationwide.

More information is at www.telenav.net

enjoy!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
·FREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "hodula1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:27:14 -0000

True the service is only $7 a month, but you still have to have 
Packetstream data service and also buy the equipment.

Too expensive imho.  Would rather buy a handheld GPS that does not 
need subscription.

Just my $0.02 :)

---

From: "khakiz6889" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:36:04 -0000

Yes outright buying a GPS unit is an option, buy do you really want 
to pay $1000 for a GPS that give you real-time turn-by-turn 
directions? (http://www.thegpsstore.com/cgi-
bin/SoftCart.exe/site/ma750.htm?L+thegpsstore+ljxk1884+1038461015)

The ~$175 GPS units don't give directions just show you your 
location on a map. (http://www.thegpsstore.com/cgi-
bin/SoftCart.exe/site/emap.htm?L+thegpsstore+ljxk1884+1038465995)

This is $7+$8.99 (powerapps) = $16/months plus you don't have to 
shell an extra $100 per year for maps.