Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New phone has two cameras

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:24:17 -0500

New phone has two cameras

Japan's DoCoMo is to start selling a dual-camera-equipped handset. The P504iS is the first
in DoCoMo's new 504iS series of camera-equipped handsets, which will be positioned as the
most advanced PDC-based i-mode phones.

Introduced earlier this year, the enhanced 504i series offers packet data transmission
speeds of up to 28.8 Kbps, infrared communications and java capability. DoCoMo says that
it decided to introduce the 504iS series of phones with built-in cameras following the
successful launch of its i-shot compatible camera-equipped mova 251i series. i-shot
service has proved a major hit with the Japanese market, gaining 2 million users in
approximately 4 months.

The model is the first DoCoMo mobile phone to feature two built-in cameras. With a
2.1-inch 65,536 TFT color screen and a 1.1 inch sub-display, the P504iS measures a mere
18.8 mm when folded, making it the thinnest camera-equipped DoCoMo handset on the market.
The product's external 110,000-pixel CCD camera, located on the backside of the phone,
lets users take scenic or group photos, for example, while a second built-in camera on the
inner main display enables self-portrait shots.

 Posted to the site on 11-Nov-02

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/