Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Japanese government says cellular radio waves do not affect memory

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:49:50 -0500

Japanese government says cellular radio waves do not affect memory

...As long as it does not affect exports!

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Marcel [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 3:27 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Japanese government says cellular radio waves do not
affect memory

  http://www.globalwirelessnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=3597&print=Y

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:26:33 -0500

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Close Window

November 14 14:53:00, 2002

TOKYO—Radio waves from cellular phones do not deteriorate human beings’ memory functions, the Telecom Ministry of Japan announced 12 November.
Based on its own experiment with rats, the ministry concluded that radio waves emitted from cellular phones do not sustain negative effects on users as far as it knows. However, the effects of radio waves should be examined further.
Some overseas researchers have warned that radio waves emitted from cellular phones may cause brain cancer in users.
The ministry applied radio waves on a group of rats during four weeks and compared the results with another group of rats, to which radio waves were not applied. According to the ministry, it did not find any rats in the group suffering from severe memory losses, including rats that could not find food because they apparently forgot the location of the feeding site.
The ministry conducted a smaller-scale, similar experiment last January.

Entire

contents © Crain Communications, Inc.

Use of editorial content without permission is strictly prohibited. All rights

Reserved