Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phase II P25 - Tetrapol

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:13:55 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "XXXXXX XXXXX" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Phase II P25 - Tetrapol
To: [email-masked]

Phase II is being developed by the same people who have been
thrashing Tetrapol around over 10 years, and have managed to sell
only about 100 systems in the whole world.

I have been told that the Navy Seals like their portable, it is small
and weather resistant.

But full blown trunking systems are another matter. GMSK is a fragile
transmission medium for voice. The only trunking system Tetrapol has
deployed in the US, last I heard, was at Ft. Irwin in CA, and it has
multiple problems, which is why no one has been invited to see how
great it is. A few press releases have touted the sale, but there
will be no add-on.

Tetrapol has tried for years to become accepted in Europe. The
problems in France may be cured, but getting traction elsewhere has
been problematical.

How can they expect success with 2-slot TDMA when they seemingly have
so much trouble with a single path per carrier now?

(Marcel, if you know anybody in Army Training you may be able to find
out more about the Ft. Irwin problems.)

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/