Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Eontec Consulting Appoints Rick McCarthy to Lead North American Consulting Division

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:25:52 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FA20021104550001101.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Eontec Consulting Appoints Rick McCarthy to Lead North American Consulting Division

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov 4, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) --; - American Banks to Benefit From Dedicated Consulting Resource

Source:

Business Wire

Date:

11/04/2002 09:06

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Short (1 or 2 pages)

Document ID:

FA20021104550001101

Subject(s):

Bank; Banking; Business; Canada; CEO; Communications; Consulting; Corporate; Credit Card; Crm; Energy; Environment; Financial Services; Germany; Ireland; Japan; Java; North America; President; Private Equity; Products; Retail; Scotland; Singapore; Software; Technology; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

Eontec Consulting Appoints Rick McCarthy to Lead North American Consulting Division

Story Filed: Monday, November 04, 2002 9:06 AM EST

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov 4, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) --

- American Banks to Benefit From Dedicated Consulting Resource

Eontec, the global leader in the development and delivery of Enterprise Java(TM)
Banking solutions, today announced the addition of Rick McCarthy, as consulting
partner, Eontec Consulting, North America. He will focus on serving retail
financial institutions in response to an increasing need among North American
banks to enhance technology to strengthen their customer relationships.

In this role, Mr. McCarthy will be instrumental in providing clients with
insight into creating a more cost-effective, efficient organization through
business process transformation strategies that can be applied to an individual
channel or throughout the enterprise. By aligning IT and business strategy,
Eontec's consultants enable banks to move from product-centric to
customer-centric banking approaches when implementing new or replacing old
technology.

Mr. McCarthy brings 15-years of financial technology experience. He comes to
Eontec from Nextel Communications where he acted as vice president responsible
for implementing wireless voice and data solutions for the financial services
sector. Previously he held the position of group chief executive officer,
SunGard Energy Systems and various management roles within SunGard since 1988.
Notably, as president of Renaissance, he led the company to become a leader in
providing trading and risk management software to the capital markets industry.

"Rick's extensive experience in financial technology will give our clients an
innovative approach to help improve the knowledge and potential business uses of
new technologies," said Colin Piper, president, Eontec, North American
Operations. "Working with Eontec, Rick will be entrusted with providing banks
with software development and implementation solutions to better satisfy their
customers' needs and enable banks to tailor products that more fully meet these
needs. In addition to enhanced customer value, this provides operational
efficiencies and cost savings for the organization."

Eontec's consultants have been instrumental in helping some of the major global
banks envision and execute business process transformation strategies that
optimize performance and minimize cost through component-based development and
reuse.

"I'm proud to be a part of an organization that is at the cutting edge of retail
banking strategies, including branch transformation, currently at the heart of
North American banks' technology development," said Rick McCarthy, consulting
partner, Eontec Consulting, North America. "It's exciting to be able to work
with banks to help them achieve their goals by providing a customer-centric
approach and enhancing profitability across multiple delivery channels."

ABOUT EONTEC

Eontec is the global leader in the delivery of mission-critical Enterprise
Java(TM) Banking solutions to major financial institutions. Eontec provides
proven systems assembled from reusable financial components for retail and
corporate financial services, including branch operations, lending, payments,
and credit card services. These can be deployed across multiple channels
including the branch, call centers, the Internet, ATMs and wireless devices to
create a unified customer experience.

When used as a strategic platform for business transformation to
customer-centric banking, Eontec delivers an operationally driven single view of
customer and empowers institutions to roll out innovative services by exploiting
existing CRM and legacy systems. Eontec's technology enables them to respond
faster to new opportunities and competitive pressures by managing the
combination of outsourced operations and insourced product origination which
that will characterize banking in the 21st century.

Eontec pioneered Java technology in Financial Services and was the first company
to offer true multi-channel banking software. Our implementations offer a unique
dual benefit - tailored solutions for immediate priorities and a reusable asset
for future demands. Today Eontec offers a proven J2EE(TM)-based solution.
Composed of business functionality, multi-channel services and an integrated
assembly environment, Eontec(TM) realizes the promise of component technology -
flexibility, speed and cost reduction.

Founded in 1994 by banking and IT specialists, Eontec is based in Ireland and
the United States with regional offices in Canada, Germany, the UK, Japan and
Singapore. The major investors in the company include Warburg Pincus, Bank of
Scotland (Ireland) and ICC Private Equity Fund.

www.eontec.com

CONTACT: Eontec
Lisa Kelly/Yvonne Stimpson, (+353) 1-433-5300
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
or
Media contact for Eontec
Joanne Gallucci, (917) 320-6456
[email-masked]

URL:
http://www.businesswire.com

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet
with Hyperlinks to your home page.

Copyright (C) 2002 Business Wire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: NORTH CAROLINA

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE

HARDWARE

COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS

BANKING

SOURCE:

Eontec

Copyright © 2002, Business Wire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.