Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FW: Fw: 800 Mhz

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:45:22 -0500

Wake County, NC is on the P25 bandwagon...I wonder if they have done any
investigation whether these new radios will be affected by the NXTL
interference issues...

Todd,
The process has begun on the infrastructure on a 14 Frequency, P-25
Motorola, Smart Zone system phasing in Public Safety first with 2,500 units.
Wake County Fire, Wake EMS, Wake SO will be migrating to 800 Mhz with the
vehicle install process around May 2003 and Comm-center upgradesprojected to
be complete in early 2004.  Presently the system fleet mapping of the
talkgroups are being developed for the County and they include
interoperbility talkgoups with the Cary and Durham 800 systems.

The tower sites under construction are in Raleigh, Garner, RTP, Willow
Sprimg and Wake Forest. The RTP site will have a directional array to the
east.

I think that it would be safe to say that by 2005 these agencies will be 800
mhz and 14 years
late on when they needed to be there.