Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NCA Communication and Law: 2002 Panel Listing & 2003 CFP

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:52:17 -0500

Greetings!

This message is going to those of you who are members of the National Communication
Association's Commission on Communication and Law, to the LAWCOM-L listserv, and to those
of you who are presenting on one of the Commission's programs this year.  My apologies if
you receive this message more than once.

We have some exciting panels slated for the convention in New Orleans.  A handy two-page
listing of all our panels is available for you to download as either a Microsoft Word or
Adobe Acrobat PDF document.  The listing is also available as a regular web page.  For any
of these versions, please visit:

http://users.ipfw.edu/mallini/ncalaw.html

Among the panels we wish to highlight this year are a panel on legal communication issues
related to the 9/11 attacks (Friday at 2), and a panel, co-sponsored with the Freedom of
Expression Commission, on a lawsuit that sought to bar a student production of Terrence
McNally's Corpus Christi on the Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne.  The Richard Posner authored
opinion that allowed the play to be presented will be discussed, as will the legal,
educational and administrative implications of the case (Saturday at 2).

As always, we are offering a variety of excellent panels on legal rhetoric, courtroom
communication, and other intersections of communication and the law.  I am particularly
pleased that scholars from Finland and Singapore will be traveling to New Orleans to
present their scholarship on our panels.

Of course, the business meeting (Saturday at 3:30) is your opportunity to begin plans for
next year's convention in Miami and shape the Commission's future.  Indeed, Vice
Chair-Elect Jeffrey Brand is busy making plans for 2003 and a call for papers is included
on all versions of our program listing.

Once again, for a listing of Communication and Law programs and next year's call for
papers, please visit:

http://users.ipfw.edu/mallini/ncalaw.html

See you in New Orleans!

Irwin Mallin
Vice Chair

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/