Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel's Greg Santoro talks about the Nextel WackBerry 6510

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:04:16 -0500

WackBerry gets juicier with walkie-talkie functionality. Nextel's Greg Santoro talks about
the Nextel WackBerry 6510
Audio- Interview
http://news.com.com/2100-1040-966313.html#

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

CNET tech sites: Price comparisons | Product reviews | Tech news | Downloads | Site map

CNET Radio: Live at Comdex

By

CNET News.com Staff

November 19, 2002, 4:57 PM PT

Breaking news

Hot products

CNET Radio live

What's on the mind of IT executives at Comdex Fall 2002? Which companies have the coolest products? CNET Radio talks to technology luminaries to get the information you need to know.

Click on the links below to listen to interviews. Or, listen live from the show floor.

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" width="352" ><tr><td align="center"><img src="http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/Ads/common/advertisement.gif" width="120" height="10" border="0"></td></tr><tr><td align="center"><a href="http://adlog.com.com/adlog/c/r=5494&s=509513&t=2002.11.20.16.04.16&o=12:1040:&h=cn&p=&b=5&l=en_US&&site=3/http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1278_809,00.html" target="_top"><img src="http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/Ads/1159/14/mpu-pw1025.gif" height="280" width="336" border="0" alt="Click Here!" /></a></td></tr></table>

Tuesday, Nov. 19

• Corel CEO Derek Burney talks about the need to "dumb down" the concept of XML for the masses, and repurposing Web content for handheld devices.

Listen now

• The Segway HT made a splash this week, going on sale to the public on Amazon.com. Segway President George Muller talks to CNET Radio about the scooter's popularity and some legal hurdles the company is addressing.

Listen now

• Wireless Net access is growing, led by the boom in Wi-Fi connections. Boingo CEO Sky Dayton talks about bringing together the "fragmented world" of Wi-Fi under his company's service.

Listen now

• Wireless isn't just for cell phones anymore. Intel's Simon Ellis talks about Intel's interest in Bluetooth and what's next for the wireless communications technology.

Listen now

• BlackBerry gets juicier with walkie-talkie functionality. Nextel's Greg Santoro talks about the Nextel BlackBerry 6510 and how it benefits businesspeople on the go.

Listen now

• What's new with PalmSource? CEO David Nagle talks about the benefits of the Palm OS 5 operating system and updates the Comdex crowd on PalmSource's plans as an independent company.

Listen now

Monday, Nov. 18

• What's special at this year's show? Kim Myhre, president of Key3Media, outlines some of the hot spots at this year's Comdex. Also: What you need to know while navigating the show floor.

Listen now

• The tech industry is "alive and well and very healthy," says Irving Wladawsky-Berger, vice president of IBM's server group. The market's current malaise is simply a "dot-com hangover," he says.

Listen now

• eBay University makes its first appearance at Comdex, with more than 300 attendees the first day. Manager Todd Lutwak explains what classes will be offered during the tech confab.

Listen now

• What do you think was the No. 1 selling product in personal computing for the first nine months of the year? Think ink, says NPDTechWorld's Steven Baker.

Listen now

•
Microsoft Product Manager Bobby Moore talks about OneNote, the company's new software application that lets consumers take notes on a desktop, laptop or tablet PC. The product is due out in mid-2003.

Listen now

Print story

E-mail story

Order reprints

Send us news tips

Search

News.com
All CNET
The Web

Comdex 2002
From the latest news to the coolest products, CNET News.com has got Comdex covered. Get the information you need in this special report.

Latest Headlines

display on desktop

Microsoft clarifies .Net Server route

Gateway slims down business PCs

Inktomi updates Web search service

Copyright law gets a second look

Is IT overspending on security?

Open-door policies

FCC may tweak Universal Service plan

Universal Music unveils download plan

Dell to produce Itanium 2 computers

Rent a researcher with IBM

Dell ups handheld ante with price cut

National CEO predicts date of tech upturn

Linux consortium takes on Red Hat

SuSE deal to expand U.S. sales effort

Speedy Wi-Fi alternative nears shelves

CNET Radio: Live at Comdex

Turbocharged MPEG audio on the way

Comdex gear gets playful

News Corp. exec puts piracy in spotlight

Cisco shareholders reject dividend

This week's headlines

News Tools

Get news by PDA

Get news by mobile

Listen live to CNET Radio

Display news on desktop

News.com Alert (when major news breaks) (sample)

News.com Enterprise Hardware (weekly) (sample)

News.com Daily Dispatch (sample)

News.context (weekly) (sample)

Investor Daily Dispatch (sample)

Week in Review (sample)

All newsletters | FAQ
Manage my newsletters

Send us news tips
|
Contact Us
|
Corrections
|

Privacy Policy

Featured services:

Bandwidth Test |

Learn XP |

Holiday Gift Guide |

Home Office PC Tips |

Tech Jobs

CNET Networks:

Builder.com | CNET | GameSpot | mySimon | TechRepublic | ZDNet

About CNET

Copyright ©1995-2002 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights
reserved.

CNET Jobs

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:07:36 -0500

The CNET Reporter called it the "Crackberry"

[email-masked] wrote:

>     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

         [Front Page][Enterprise][E-Business][Communications][Media][Personal Technology][Investor]
  [Image][Image]
>         CNET Radio: Live at Comdex
          By CNET News.com Staff
          November 19, 2002, 4:57 PM PT                               Search

          What's on the mind of IT executives  [Image]
          at Comdex Fall 2002? Which companies
          have the coolest products? CNET Radio[Image]  Breaking
          talks to technology luminaries to getnews                [Image]
          the information you need to know.    [Image]  Hot             Comdex 2002
                                                                    From the latest
          Click on the links below to listen toproducts             news to the
          interviews. Or, listen live from the [Image]  CNET        coolest products,
          show floor.                          Radio live           CNET News.com has
                      [Image]                  [Image]              got Comdex
          Tuesday, [Click Here!]                                    covered. Get the
   [Image]Nov.                                                      information you
          19                                                        need in this
                                                                    special report.
          • Corel CEO Derek Burney talks about the need to "dumb
          down" the concept of XML for the masses, and              Latest Headlines
          repurposing Web content for handheld                      display on desktop
          devices. [Image]Listen now                                Microsoft clarifies .Net
                                                                    Server route
          • The Segway HT made a splash this week, going on sale
          to the public on Amazon.com. Segway President George      Gateway slims down
          Muller talks to CNET Radio about the scooter's            business PCs
          popularity and some legal hurdles the company is          Inktomi updates Web
          addressing. [Image] Listen now                            search service

          • Wireless Net access is growing, led by the boom in      Copyright law gets a
          Wi-Fi connections. Boingo CEO Sky Dayton talks about      second look
          bringing together the "fragmented world" of Wi-Fi under   Is IT overspending on
          his company's service. [Image] Listen now                 security?

          • Wireless isn't just for cell phones anymore. Intel's    Open-door policies
          Simon Ellis talks about Intel's interest in Bluetooth     FCC may tweak Universal
          and what's next for the wireless communications           Service plan
          technology. [Image] Listen now
                                                                    Universal Music unveils
          • BlackBerry gets juicier with walkie-talkie              download plan
          functionality. Nextel's Greg Santoro talks about the      Dell to produce Itanium
          Nextel BlackBerry 6510 and how it benefits                2 computers
          businesspeople on the go. [Image] Listen now
                                                                    Rent a researcher with
          • What's new with PalmSource? CEO David Nagle talks       IBM
          about the benefits of the Palm OS 5 operating system      Dell ups handheld ante
          and updates the Comdex crowd on PalmSource's plans as     with price cut
          an independent company. [Image] Listen now
                                                                    National CEO predicts
          Monday, Nov. 18                                           date of tech upturn
          • What's special at this year's show? Kim Myhre,          Linux consortium takes
          president of Key3Media, outlines some of the hot spots    on Red Hat
          at this year's Comdex. Also: What you need to know
          while navigating the show floor.[Image] Listen now        SuSE deal to expand U.S.
                                                                    sales effort
          • The tech industry is "alive and well and very           Speedy Wi-Fi alternative
          healthy," says Irving Wladawsky-Berger, vice president    nears shelves
          of IBM's server group. The market's current malaise is
          simply a "dot-com hangover," he says. [Image] Listen      CNET Radio: Live at
          now                                                       Comdex
                                                                    Turbocharged MPEG audio
          • eBay University makes its first appearance at Comdex,   on the way
          with more than 300 attendees the first day. Manager
          Todd Lutwak explains what classes will be offered         Comdex gear gets playful
          during the tech confab. [Image] Listen now                News Corp. exec puts
                                                                    piracy in spotlight
          • What do you think was the No. 1 selling product in
          personal computing for the first nine months of the       Cisco shareholders
          year? Think ink, says NPDTechWorld's Steven Baker.        reject dividend
          [Image] Listen now                                        This week's headlines

          •  Microsoft Product Manager Bobby Moore talks about
          OneNote, the company's new software application that      News Tools
          lets consumers take notes on a desktop, laptop or
          tablet PC. The product is due out in                      Get news by PDA
          mid-2003.[Image]Listen now                                Get news by mobile

                                                                    Listen live to
                                                                    CNET Radio
          Print story     E-mail story   Order reprints  Send us newDisplay news on
                                                         tips       desktop

                                                                   [CNET newsletters]

                                                                       News.com Alert(when
                                                                       major news breaks)
                                                                       (sample)

                                                                       News.com Enterprise
                                                                       Hardware(weekly)
                                                                       (sample)

                                                                       News.com Daily
                                                                       Dispatch(sample)

                                                                       News.context(weekly)
                                                                       (sample)

                                                                       Investor Daily
                                                                       Dispatch (sample)

                                                                       Week in
                                                                       Review(sample)

                                                                     All newsletters | FAQ
                                                                     Manage my newsletters

          Send us news tips | Contact Us | Corrections | Privacy Policy

      [Image]Featured services: Bandwidth Test | Learn XP | Holiday Gift Guide | Home Office
             PC Tips | Tech Jobs

    CNET Networks: Builder.com | CNET | GameSpot | mySimon | TechRepublic | ZDNet    About CNET

  Copyright ©1995-2002 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.                       CNET Jobs

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG