Subject: [NEXTEL-1] REPAIR SERVICES FOR RADIO EQUIPMENT -- Solicitation

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:46:20 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FD20021118510000045.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

REPAIR SERVICES FOR RADIO EQUIPMENT -- Solicitation

Nov 18, 2002 (FedBizOpps via COMTEX) -- NOTICE TYPE: Presolicitation Notice DATE POSTED: 15-NOV-02

Source:

Commerce Business Daily - FIND

Date:

11/18/2002 12:28

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (404 words)

Document ID:

FD20021118510000045

Subject(s):

Cbd; Acquisition; Aviation; Contract; Federal; Internet; Legal; Manufacturer; Market; Oklahoma; Radio

REPAIR SERVICES FOR RADIO EQUIPMENT -- Solicitation

Story Filed: Monday, November 18, 2002 12:28 PM EST

Nov 18, 2002 (FedBizOpps via COMTEX) -- NOTICE TYPE: Presolicitation Notice

DATE POSTED: 15-NOV-02

AGENCY: Department of Transportation

OFFICE ADDRESS: FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, AMQ-210 Aeronautical Center
(AMQ)

SUBJECT: Repair Services for Radio Equipment

CLASSIFICATION CODE: 99 - Miscellaneous

SOLICITATION NUMBER: DTFAAC-03-R-00379

CONTACT: Phyllis Townsley, 405-954-7816

NOTICE TEXT: Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA), Mike Monroney Aeronautical CTR; The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
has a requirement for repair services of nine radio components with various
estimated annual quantities. Motorola, acquired by General Dynamics Decision
Systems (GDDS), was the original manufacturer of these radio components. This
radio equipment is required for use in air to ground communication systems. An
indefinite delivery/requirements type contract for one year with options to
renew for four additional 1-year periods is contemplated. <P> GDDS is the
only known responsible source of supply for repair services, since they have
proprietary rights to the original design and technical data. The FAA does not
have the technical data needed to provide to any other vendor. <P> Any
concern desiring to become a source for FAA repair requirements is requested to
provide a complete documentation package to the contracting officer, FAA, Mike
Monroney Aeronautical Center, NAS Acquisition Contracting Team, AMQ-210, P.O.
Box 25082, 6500 S. MacArthur Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK, 73125-4929. The
documentation must clearly demonstrate that the concern has ownership or legal
access to required original equipment manufacturer documentation, test bed
facility, and copies of the test procedures, specifications and equipment
listings applicable to the item as well as access to replacement parts necessary
to effect the repairs. <P> Any information received as a result of this
market survey will not be for use outside the Government but solely for the
purpose of determining whether an additional source may be approved for the
repair of the radio components. Statements that data will be obtained or that
specifications or drawings will be developed are not acceptable. This market
survey shall not be construed as a request for proposal or an obligation on the
part of the FAA to acquire these services. The FAA will not pay for any
information received or costs incurred in preparing responses to this market
survey. Responders to this market survey may be asked to provide additional
details/information based on their initial submittal. <P>

INTERNET ADDRESS:

http://www.eps.gov/spg/DOT/FAA/MMACTR/DTFAAC-03-R-00379/listing.html

CONTACT: 405-954-7816

Copyright (c) 2002 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.

SUBJECT CODE: GVC

Copyright © 2002, Commerce Business Daily - FIND, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.