Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Breakthrough Technology Slashes Cost of Calling Overseas From Cell Phones

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:03:57 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021125930000146.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Breakthrough Technology Slashes Cost of Calling Overseas From Cell Phones

MIAMI, Nov 25, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Addressing a conspicuous need for lower international rates in the cellular phone market, Microdevices World Wide, Inc., has introduced Savvy Call, a unique 10-10-like service that allows cell phone and land line users to bypass the exorbitant rates of carriers such as AT&T, Cingular and Nextel. With Savvy Call, cell phone users can call anywhere in the world and enjoy savings of up to 85% without paying connection or service charges of any kind.

Source:

PR Newswire

Date:

11/25/2002 09:20

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (less than 1 page)

Document ID:

FC20021125930000146

Subject(s):

PRN; Business; Carrier; CEO; Communications; Corporate; Market; Online; Rates; Technology

Document Type:

Press releases

Breakthrough Technology Slashes Cost of Calling Overseas From Cell Phones

Story Filed: Monday, November 25, 2002 9:20 AM EST

MIAMI, Nov 25, 2002 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Addressing a conspicuous need
for lower international rates in the cellular phone market, Microdevices World
Wide, Inc., has introduced Savvy Call, a unique 10-10-like service that allows
cell phone and land line users to bypass the exorbitant rates of carriers such
as AT&T, Cingular and Nextel. With Savvy Call, cell phone users can call
anywhere in the world and enjoy savings of up to 85% without paying connection
or service charges of any kind.

"With other carriers, a cell phone user can pay up to $3 per minute for an
overseas call," says Michael Wilson, CEO of Microdevices World Wide, Inc.
"Increasingly, more people are using their cell phone as their primary phone.
But this has not extended to its use for international calls. The reason...
sky-high international rates! So, we decided to develop a service that would
drastically reduce those rates and make it as affordable as calling from a land
line while providing real time management and call detail reports plus other
superior conveniences for both individual and business users. The proprietary
technology that drives Savvy Call and Savvy Corporate do just that."

In addition to huge savings, Savvy Call offers the convenience of prepaid
accounts that can be recharged in any amount automatically or in less than a
minute via the Internet, or customer service at any time of the day or night. It
also allows customers to monitor their account activity with real- time online
call reports. Other benefits include last number redial, speed dial that can
hold up to 99 numbers, no contracts or invoicing, the ability to make
consecutive calls without hanging up, fast connections, and access to live
customer service representatives 24-hours a day, seven days a week.

Savvy Corporate, adapted to address the special needs of business customers,
offers additional features such as unlimited phone numbers per account,
simultaneous calling, automatic recharging of accounts thus ensuring non-stop
service, credit limit controls on individual users, instant activation and
deactivation of accounts and comprehensive reports that can be downloaded into
any spreadsheet.

Microdevices World Wide, Inc. is a 14-year-old carrier and service provider
licensed by the Federal Communications Commission. The company has a strong
history of performance specializing in international calls and an international
client base that includes companies such as Hyatt Regency, Marriott Resorts,
FEDEX and Holiday Inn.

For more information on Savvy Call, call Michael Wilson, CEO, Microdevices World
Wide, Inc. at (305) 871-5325 or visit the product website at

http://www.savvycall.com.

This release was issued through eReleases.com - Your Source for Affordable PR.
For more information, visit
http://www.ereleases.com.

Make Your Opinion Count - Click Here
http://tbutton.prnewswire.com/prn/11690X44171628

SOURCE Microdevices World Wide, Inc.

CONTACT: Michael Wilson, CEO, Microdevices World Wide, +1-305-871-5325

URL:
http://www.savvycall.com

http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2002 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: Florida

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CPR
TLS

SUBJECT CODE: PDT

Copyright © 2002, PR Newswire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.