Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boosted-

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:18:07 -0500

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.111902/223232478&ticker=ZQK

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Click here for ZQK stock quote/chart

BW2478 NOV 19,2002 8:23 PACIFIC 11:23 EASTERN

( BW)(CA-BOOST/QUIKSILVER)(ZQK) BOOST Mobile and ROXY/Quiksilver
Extend Brand Reach with New Roxy Wireless Phone; New Phone Targets
Girls Who Just Want to Have Fun

Business Editors

IRVINE & HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 19,
2002--BOOST Mobile(R) and Quiksilver, Inc. (NYSE:ZQK) today announced
an exclusive brand alliance to include a limited edition Roxy wireless
phone in the BOOST Mobile range of handsets.

The Roxy label, owned by Quiksilver, is the world leader in casual
lifestyle apparel and accessories for young women. The new alliance
marks the first time this lifestyle brand has extended to the wireless
phone market.

The Roxy brand represents freedom, fun and individual expression
which is reflected in the design and custom features of the Roxy
wireless phone, manufactured by Motorola. Created for the active girl
who surfs, skates, snowboards or hangs out with friends, Roxy aims to
complement this girl's life with fresh and innovative products, such
as this new mobile phone and other on-the-go lifestyle products.

"Wireless phones are a part of everyday life, both as a fashion
statement and as an essential communications device," said Peter
Adderton, CEO of BOOST Mobile, LLC. "Today, more owners are
customizing their phone's body and sound, using it as an avenue for
self-expression. Young women want the latest and greatest in fashion,
and that applies to both clothing and accessories, which today
includes wireless phones. We are very excited to be able to bring the
Roxy wireless phone exclusively to the BOOST Mobile service, and this
is one of many initiatives we are working on for the lifestyle
wireless market."

"This alliance is making brand history and we're thrilled to have
the opportunity to work with BOOST Mobile and Motorola on the Roxy
Phone. It is an extremely high quality product that was designed in
house, so we know it is reflective of the Roxy brand's sensibility.
Our close working relationship with BOOST Mobile ensures that the
marketing, sales and product plans are all focused on delivering the
best possible customer experience," said Matt Jacobson, VP of
Quiksilver Entertainment.

The Roxy wireless phone features ringtones specifically selected
by the Roxy design and marketing team with the "Roxy girl" in mind,
such as "Funky Town", "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "California
Dreamin", and "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go". The Roxy wireless phone
also comes complete with a striking blue back lighting, and pre-loaded
Java(TM) games, including Tetris(R) and Snood(R) from THQ, and Blazing
Boards(TM) by Cybiko.

As with all of BOOST Mobile's models, the Roxy wireless phone
comes with BOOST 2WAY(TM), the long range walkie-talkie feature.
Additional features include built-in speakerphone, 250-entry
phonebook, voicemail, vibra call alert, national roaming, text
messaging, and `always on' wireless web access.

Currently available in California and Nevada, BOOST Mobile phones
are designed specifically to add value and compliment the lifestyle
needs of today's active youth. The Roxy wireless phone adds to Boost
Mobile's six other wireless models.

In time for the holiday season, the Limited Edition Roxy phone
will be available in California and Nevada at select Quiksilver
Boardriders Club stores, select Surf & Specialty stores that carry the
Quiksilver and Roxy brands, such as Zumiez, Sun Diego, Val Surf, and
Doheny Board Centre, as well as Best Buy, Good Guys, Wherehouse Music
and Nextel Retail Stores. For a complete list of authorized BOOST
Mobile retailers, please visit www.boostmobile.com. Information about
the phone and registration to get updates on sales and e-commerce can
also be found through Roxy's website, at www.roxy.com/phone.

The suggested retail price of the Roxy phone will be $199, which
includes $25 in wireless service credits that are loaded upon
activation. There are no credit checks, hidden charges or monthly
bills. BOOST Mobile customers pay for minutes only as they need them
through the purchase of RE-BOOST(TM) cards. RE-BOOST cards are
available in $20, $30 and $50 denominations and may be purchased as
needed at all authorized BOOST Mobile retailers and 7-Eleven.

Pay-as-you-go pricing for BOOST Mobile service will offer a
simple, flat rate of 25 cents per minute 24 hours a day, seven days a
week. Use of BOOST 2WAY(TM), the long-range walkie-talkie feature,
which is available with all BOOST wireless phones, is only $1.00 per
day for unlimited use, and the fee is only charged on days when the
service is actually used. BOOST Mobile `always on' wireless web access
and text messaging are only 20 cents per day each for each of those
services for unlimited use per day.

About BOOST Mobile

BOOST Mobile LLC, headquartered in Irvine, Calif., is a
lifestyle-based telecommunications company that focuses solely on
developing and distributing communications products for the youth
market. BOOST Mobile's offerings include pay-as-you-go wireless phone
service with BOOST 2WAY(TM) walkie-talkie feature, RE-BOOST(TM)
pay-as-you-go airtime cards and a wide range of accessories, Java(TM)
games for wireless phones, downloadable ring-tones and other
cutting-edge mobile services. BOOST Mobile's marketing is centered on
youth activities such as action sports, music, fashion and
entertainment. The BOOST Mobile brand is also one of the leading youth
brands for telecommunications in Australia and New Zealand.

About Quiksilver

Quiksilver designs, produces and distributes clothing, accessories
and related products for active-minded people and develops brands that
represent a casual lifestyle - driven from a boardriding heritage.
Quiksilver's authenticity is evident in its innovative products,
events and retail environments across the globe.

Quiksilver's primary focus is apparel for young men and young
women under the Quiksilver, Roxy, Raisins, and Radio Fiji labels.
Quiksilver also manufactures apparel for boys (Quiksilver Boys and
Hawk Clothing), girls (Roxy Girl, Teenie Wahine and Raisins Girls),
men (Quiksilveredition and Fidra) and women (Leilani swimwear), as
well as snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings under the Lib
Technologies, Gnu, Supernatural Manufacturing and Bent Metal labels.
Quiksilver's products are sold throughout the world, primarily in surf
shops and specialty stores that provide an outstanding retail
experience for their customers. For further information about
Quiksilver Inc., you are invited to take a look at our world at
http://www.quiksilver.com, http://www.roxy.com and
http://www.hawkclothing.com.

--30--DM/ph*

CONTACT: BOOST Mobile
Media Requests
Mark Fewell, 310/930-6462
or
Quiksilver
Media Requests
Andrea Feldberg, 714/889-2263
[email-masked]
or
Quiksilver
Product Requests
Melanie Lipsie, 714/889-2274
[email-masked]

KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: E-COMMERCE INTERNET NETWORKING
TELECOMMUNICATIONS PRODUCT
SOURCE: BOOST Mobile

©2002