Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Tale of the Tape-From The New York Times

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:00:12 -0500

From The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/

From page 1

Featured Multimedia Section

The Tale of the Tape-
Audio excerpts from a tape of firefighter communications on Sept. 11.

 javascript:pop_me_up2('/packages/khtml/2002/11/09/nyregion/20021109_TAPE_FEATURE.html','600475','width=600,height=475,scrollbars=yes,toolbars=no,resizable=yes');

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't speak NYFD jargon here are a few pointers-

10-45 Code 1 = DOA

CFRD Engines = Firefighters that are on the CFRD program -- which stands for Certified
First Responders -- they are heavily trained in the first instance. They respond to calls
for asthma attacks, serious burns, choking, obviously cardiac arrest. As well as other
types of calls. NYFD has Fire Engines dedicated to this program.

Fieldcom = A mobile truck unit dispatched to the scene of major fires to coordinate the
communications effort.

Highway one car = An elite NYPD Highway Patrol Unit- From the Bronx. NYPD Highway Patrol
provides Hospital escorts for injured Firemen and Police officers in addition to normal
patrol functions.

House line stretched = A Fire Hose off of the buildings internal standpipe system.

OV = Outside vent is the firefighter responsible for venting the building.

"Seven Alpha to Seven." = Battalion Seven's Aide  Calling Battalion 7's Chief.

TAC 1 = Tactical Service Unit # 1 (Boss)

TAC 1 Alpha = Tactical Service Unit # 1 Aide

If anyone would like to elaborate on my descriptions please feel free to.

Marcel-
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/