Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII holdings to leave Philippines, focus on LatAm.

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 00:31:04 -0500

I wonder if that is the only reason they are leaving? Could it have to do with Nextel
International has exceeded the maximum foreign corporate equity limit and is using dummies
to hide the extent of its interest in Nextel Philippines?

Nah not Nextel.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NII holdings to leave Philippines, focus on LatAm.

NII Holdings, Inc.

Regional digital trunking operator NII Holdings expects to exit the
Philippines within three months as part of its post-Chapter 11
strategy to place exclusive focus on Latin America, NII VP and CFO
Byron Siliezar told BNamericas.

Published by: Business News Americas
Date: 11/15/2002

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if that is the only reason they are leaving? Could it have to do with Nextel
International has exceeded the maximum foreign corporate equity limit and is using dummies
to hide the extent of its interest in Nextel Philippines?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Share the magic of Harry Potter with Yahoo! Messenger
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4Q_cgB/JmBFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 02:38:25 -0500

From Nextel Int. 10Q

      We provide wireless communication services targeted at meeting the needs of business
customers in selected Latin
American markets. Our principal operations are in major business centers and related
transportation corridors of Mexico,
Brazil, Argentina and Peru. We also provide analog specialized mobile radio services in Chile.
In addition, we own an
interest in a digital mobile services provider in the Philippines, which we are in the process
of selling.

http://ccbn.tenkwizard.com/filing.php?repo=tenk&ipage=1918426&doc=1&total=&attach=ON&TK=nxti

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG