Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BOOST Mobile Announces Retail Distribution Channels, Pricing for Pay-As-You-Go Wireless Phones and Services

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:25:08 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FA20021104970000113.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

BOOST Mobile Announces Retail Distribution Channels, Pricing for Pay-As-You-Go Wireless Phones and Services

IRVINE, Calif. & PLANTATION, Fla., Nov 4, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- BOOST Mobile(R) today announced its latest pricing and retail distribution channels for its pay-as-you-go wireless phones and services. Currently available in California and Nevada, BOOST Mobile offers feature-packed value and simplicity to meet the lifestyle needs of today's active youth.

Source:

Business Wire

Date:

11/04/2002 10:37

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Short (1 or 2 pages)

Document ID:

FA20021104970000113

Subject(s):

California; Communications; Entertainment; Fashion; Internet; Java; Market; Marketing; Music; Nevada; NYSE; Pager; President; Products; Radio; Retail; Sales; Silver; Sports; Telecommunications; Web; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

BOOST Mobile Announces Retail Distribution Channels, Pricing for Pay-As-You-Go Wireless Phones and Services

Story Filed: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:37 AM EST

IRVINE, Calif. & PLANTATION, Fla., Nov 4, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- BOOST
Mobile(R) today announced its latest pricing and retail distribution channels
for its pay-as-you-go wireless phones and services. Currently available in
California and Nevada, BOOST Mobile offers feature-packed value and simplicity
to meet the lifestyle needs of today's active youth.

Pay-as-you-go pricing for BOOST Mobile service will offer a simple, flat rate of
25 cents per minute 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use of BOOST 2WAY(TM),
the long-range walkie-talkie feature, which is available with all BOOST wireless
phones, is only $1.00 per day for unlimited use, and the fee is only charged on
days when the service is actually used.

BOOST Mobile `always on' wireless web access and text messaging are only 20
cents per day each for each of those services for unlimited use per day.

There are currently six Motorola phones made for BOOST Mobile--the i50sx in
blue, the i60c in black, the i95cl in black/silver and the i55sr in black,
silver or pink. BOOST Mobile phones and services are available at Best Buy,
Wherehouse Music, Nextel Retail Stores, and hundreds of wireless and youth
fashion retailer locations in California and Nevada.

For a complete list of authorized BOOST Mobile retailers, please visit

www.boostmobile.com.

Phones range in price from $79 to $399, which includes $25 in wireless service
credits that are loaded upon activation. BOOST Mobile customers pay for minutes
only as they need them through the purchase of RE-BOOST(TM) cards. There are no
credit checks, hidden charges or monthly bills.

RE-BOOST cards are available in $20, $30 and $50 denominations and may be
purchased as needed at all authorized BOOST Mobile retailers and 7-Eleven.

BOOST Mobile phones also come standard with pre-loaded Java(TM) games, including
Tetris(R), World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Mobile Madness(TM), and
Snake(TM), on the Motorola i55sr and i50sx, and MotoGP(TM), Astrosmash(TM) and
Snood(R) on the Motorola i95cl. Additional features include built-in
speakerphone, 250-entry phonebook, voicemail, and two-way text messaging.

"We've taken BOOST Mobile products to stores where youth already shop, making it
an authentic part of the overall active lifestyle culture," said Peter Adderton,
a founder and member of the Board of Directors at BOOST Mobile, LLC. "We're
confident that the pricing and availability of our phones and services will meet
the needs of our dynamic and style-conscious customers."

"Today's wireless users are looking for convenience. With the ability to find
products and services in a variety of retail locations from Best Buy to
Wherehouse Music, BOOST Mobile users are given added flexibility in how and when
they make their purchases," said Peter Aloumanis, vice president and general
manager, U.S. Markets Division, Motorola's iDEN(R) Subscriber Group.

About BOOST Mobile

BOOST Mobile LLC, headquartered in Irvine, Calif, is a lifestyle-based
telecommunications company that focuses solely on developing and distributing
communications products for the youth market.

BOOST Mobile's offerings include pay-as-you-go wireless phone service, RE-BOOST
pay-as-you-go airtime cards and a wide range of accessories, Java(TM) games for
wireless phones, downloadable ring-tones and other cutting-edge mobile services.
BOOST Mobile's marketing is centered on youth activities such as action sports,
music, fashion and entertainment.

About Motorola and iDEN

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) is a global leader in providing integrated
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2001 were $30
billion.

iDEN handsets combine the capabilities of a digital wireless phone with "always
on" Internet access, text pager, and two-way radio to enable users to instantly
communicate with one or hundreds of individuals at the push of a button. For
further information on iDEN handsets, visit
www.motorola.com/iden.

CONTACT: BOOST Mobile
Mark Fewell, 310/930-6462
or
Hill & Knowlton for Motorola
Adam Emery, 212/885-0404
[email-masked]

URL:
http://www.businesswire.com

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet
with Hyperlinks to your home page.

Copyright (C) 2002 Business Wire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA FLORIDA

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS

HARDWARE

INTERNET

NETWORKING

TELECOMMUNICATIONS

PRODUCT

SOURCE:

BOOST

Mobile

Copyright © 2002, Business Wire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.