Subject: [mobile-ip] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:09:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, C. Perkins, J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt
	Pages		: 149
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This document specifies how the IPv6 Internet operates with mobile
computers.  Without specific support for mobility in IPv6 [11],
packets destined to a mobile node would not be able to reach it while
the mobile node is away from its home link.  In order to continue
communication in spite of its movement, a mobile node could change
its IP address each time it moves to a new link, but the mobile
node would then not be able to maintain transport and higher-layer
connections when it changes location.  Mobility support in IPv6 is
particularly important, as mobile computers are likely to account for
a majority or at least a substantial fraction of the population of
the Internet during the lifetime of IPv6.
The protocol defined in this document, known as Mobile IPv6, allows
a mobile node to move from one link to another without changing the
mobile node's 'home address'.  Packets may be routed to the mobile
node using this address regardless of the mobile node's current point
of attachment to the Internet.  The mobile node may also continue
to communicate with other nodes (stationary or mobile) after moving
to a new link.  The movement of a mobile node away from its home
link is thus transparent to transport and higher-layer protocols and
applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.