Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Supplies Project 25 Radio Equipment to the Department of Interior

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:19:52 -0500

EFJohnson Supplies Project 25 Radio Equipment to the Department of Interior

Washington, DC – November 21, 2002—EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced that its
EFJohnson Company subsidiary has received a contract award to supply Project 25 compliant
Land Mobile Radio equipment to the Department of Interior (DOI). This contract provides
for Project 25 compliant radio communication and control equipment, test equipment, and
miscellaneous services. The contract is a firm fixed priced multiple award Indefinite
Quantity Indefinite Delivery contract, open to all federal agencies, with a base contract
year and four option years. Under these contracts, the US government agencies can purchase
a maximum amount of $1Billion from the participating vendors.
“EFJohnson has long been a standard bearer of Project 25 compliant radios and is very
pleased to be awarded this contract. This award is further evidence that EFJohnson
continues to provide federal government users unequalled choice and value for wireless
equipment and recognizes EFJohnson as a valued supplier of the DOI,” said Michael E.
Jalbert, EFJ Chairman and chief executive officer.

“We continue to build upon an already strong relationship with the DOI through this latest
award and are pleased that our products have been deemed to meet the Department of
Interior’s contract requirements,” commented Jim Ridgell, Vice President of federal
business at EFJohnson. “The Department of Interior awarded the first federal government
multi-vendor contract for Project 25 equipment in 1998. This second generation award
provides further evidence of the importance of Project 25 as the standard for
interoperability among US government agencies.”

EFJohnson Company (www.efjohnson.com), founded in 1923, provides wireless communications
systems solutions for public safety, commercial, and government customers. The company
designs, manufactures, and markets conventional and trunked radio systems, land mobile
radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios, including Project 25 digital radio
products. EFJohnson is a wholly owned subsidiary of EFJ, Inc.

EFJ, Inc. (www.efji.com)

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/