Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Optical Antenna - Research Areas - CSP Group - School of Engineering - University of Warwick

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:47:28 -0500

http://www.eng.warwick.ac.uk/csp/research/optical-antenna.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

CSP Group

Comms Lab

Research

Optical
Antenna

Security

Fibre Radio

Image Analysis

Warwick

Web Related

Warwick Optical Antenna

This is one particularly interesting area of research. An optical antenna
serves the same purpose as an electronic one. It must collect energy from
an area and channel it through to a receiving element, or, conversely,
transmit energy over an area which has originated from a small area source.
The important things are the shape of the device at the wavelengths of
importance, and other optical considerations. Note that this has led to
the development of a new compact RF antenna for GSM and UMTS.