Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Allocates Another 90 MHz For Auction

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:52:06 -0500

FCC Allocates Another 90 MHz For Auction
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=print_page&doc_id=107096

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<<< Back | Print

www.wirelessweek.com

FCC Allocates Another 90 MHz For Auction

By Mark Rockwell
November 7, 2002
news@2 direct

WASHINGTON-The FCC got down to the welcome nitty-gritty
of deciding how to allocate the 90 MHz of spectrum that the federal government
gave it a few months ago.

The FCC today officially allocated two contiguous 45 MHz bands at 1710-1755
and 2110-2155 MHz for fixed and mobile wireless services. The commission also
asked for comments on its proposed licensing and service rules for the newly
allocated bands.

FCC officials said the spectrum probably will come to auction by 2004, with a
spectrum auction order spelling out terms and conditions due out next year.

According to Tom Sugrue, chief of the FCC's wireless bureau, the commission
is looking for 10-year terms for license holders, with myriad 3G applications
for the slots.

<<< Back | Print