Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Uniden pushes dates back to January on bothscanners]

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:45:54 -0500

------- Original Message --------
From: "Josh O." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Uniden pushes dates back to January on both scanners

That makes for interesting discussion.

I have an XTS3000 code plug (it won't work in my radio though) and in the 
programming procedure, your choices for trunking are 'Smarten' and 
'ASTRO25', ASTRO25 being the APCO standard.

The thing is that 9600 baud control channel functionality only works when 
the radio is setup in ASTRO25 mode however, the radio can and will still 
follow the 3600 control channel in ASTRO25 mode.

Now, when the control channel is 3.6k, you can program the radio for 
Smartzone (or Smartnet) trunking with ASTRO Modulation and it works. 
However, if your radio keys up onto the system you'll get it to work, but 
you'll get the trunking "beep beep beep" noise standard to the Motorola 3.6k 
trunking standard, however, if the radio is following the 3.6k system from 
the ASTRO25 programming, you won't get that annoying noise but you'll get 
immediate push-to-talk although it is delayed about 1/4 second through the 
receiving radio (thus also no feedback).

It's pretty interesting. Also interesting is that all APCO-25 systems have 
system ids 3 digits long, never more. That's one easy way to tell whether or 
nt the system you're monitoring whether it be the giveaway 9.6k control 
channel or monitoring it with trunker if it's 3.6k that the system is 
digital and 9.6k apco25 trunking compliant.

-Josh

>From: "Glenn Cascino" <[email-masked]>

>Subject: Re:  Uniden pushes dates back to January on 
>bothscanners
>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:27:06 -0700
>
>Just for clarification, there is no such thing as an APCO P-25 Trunked
>System with a 3600 bps control channel.  The P-25 Spec calls for a 9600
>bps control channel.  3600 bps systems are proprietary Motorola.
>
>Glenn
>
> >>> [email-masked] 11/08/02 06:02PM >>>
>< sigh >  The saga continues, at
>http://www.snowcrest.net/marnells/digital-scanner.htm
>
>Harry

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/