Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mobliss Delivers World's First Multiplayer Cross-Platform Wireless Game; Family Feud is First of Many Media Titles to be Released on the Mobliss Pervasive Media Platform

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:04:26 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021125700000052.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

Mobliss Delivers World's First Multiplayer Cross-Platform Wireless Game; Family Feud is First of Many Media Titles to be Released on the Mobliss Pervasive Media Platform

SEATTLE, Nov 25, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Wireless media company, Mobliss, today announces the widespread availability and access to the world's first cross-platform, multiplayer wireless game. Driven by the Mobliss Pervasive Media Platform and accessible via WAP, SMS, J2ME and BREW-enabled phones, Family Feud(TM) is the first entertainment property to be introduced across all major wireless technologies.

Source:

Business Wire

Date:

11/25/2002 08:31

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Short (1 or 2 pages)

Document ID:

FC20021125700000052

Subject(s):

Advertising; Asia; Australia; Canada; Carrier; Entertainment; Europe; Family; France; Germany; Italy; Local; Media; North America; Portugal; President; Programming; Property; Radio; Spain; Technology; Television; Trivia; TV; Web; Wireless

Document Type:

Press releases

Mobliss Delivers World's First Multiplayer Cross-Platform Wireless Game; Family Feud is First of Many Media Titles to be Released on the Mobliss Pervasive Media Platform

Story Filed: Monday, November 25, 2002 8:31 AM EST

SEATTLE, Nov 25, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Wireless media company, Mobliss, today
announces the widespread availability and access to the world's first
cross-platform, multiplayer wireless game. Driven by the Mobliss Pervasive Media
Platform and accessible via WAP, SMS, J2ME and BREW-enabled phones, Family
Feud(TM) is the first entertainment property to be introduced across all major
wireless technologies.

For the first time ever, mobile users can compete with other players around
North America, using different wireless devices, multi-modes and numerous
wireless carriers. The Family Feud wireless game is exclusively provided by
Seattle-based Mobliss and built on their GameShowServer(TM) and
GameShowClient(TM) technology platform. This platform allows Mobliss to build
highly scalable, multiplayer, cross platform, wireless games that can be
developed and deployed rapidly.

Powering the Family Feud wireless experience, Mobliss gives wireless consumers a
chance to play Family Feud much like the original television game show. Based
directly on the popular TV game show of the same name produced by
FremantleMedia, wireless Family Feud users try to guess the most popular answers
to specific survey questions. Players who guess the most popular responses, in
the shortest amount of time, win by accumulating the highest number of points.

"We believe some of the most popular wireless games will be based on familiar
entertainment titles and brands making it much easier for carriers to attract
users to new services and applications," says Brian Levin, president and
co-founder of Mobliss. "Family Feud is an example of a popular media property
that is perfectly suited for multiplayer, cross-platform wireless because of the
inherent level of interaction and competition."

Claire Tavernier, SVP Interactive at FremantleMedia, said, "We are extremely
pleased to see yet another demonstration of how universal our game show brands
are. We are delighted that the many fans of Family Feud will now be able to play
this exciting game for themselves on their mobiles."

Currently, AT&T Wireless and Canadian-based Bell Mobility and Telus wireless
customers can access Family Feud, with other carriers adding this fast-paced
trivia game to their wireless offering in the near future. For most wireless
subscribers, Family Feud is listed under the "games" menu on their web-enabled
phone or downloadable via their carrier's web site.

In addition to the Family Feud being delivered to a range of wireless customers,
Mobliss offers a broad range of properties including other wireless games (such
as the Price is Right), branded media titles (like American Idol wireless
alerts) - both from FremantleMedia - and mobile sports destinations (such as
snow reports), or event-based tie-ins, sweepstakes and promotions, across all
the major wireless carriers in North America. By contextually integrating
advertising into entertainment, marketers can be more efficient in creating and
retaining relevant customer bases. Operators can also benefit from Mobliss'
technology by providing subscribers with a compelling experience on their
device.

Family Feud is a trademark of FremantleMedia Operations BV, based on the
FremantleMedia TV program Family Feud.

About Mobliss

Mobliss(R), based in Seattle, WA, is a leading wireless media company delivering
interactive content to over 900,000 registered wireless subscribers. The company
creates, develops and distributes highly interactive programming designed to
entertain, engage, inform and aggregate a highly affluent mobile audience and
transform them into customers--using their wireless devices. The company's
proprietary Pervasive Media Platform (PMP) allows media companies and marketers
to optimize their message according to a subscriber's wireless capabilities,
preferences, demographics, permission and geographic location. Mobliss
(
www.mobliss.com) currently has relationships with the largest wireless service
providers in North America including AT&T Wireless, ALLTEL, Bell Mobility, Boost
Mobile, Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, Telus, T-Mobile and Verizon.

About FremantleMedia

FremantleMedia is one of the largest television production companies in the
world, producing more than 260 programmes in over 39 countries and territories a
year, including the US, the UK, Germany, Australia, France, Italy, Spain,
Portugal, Scandinavia, Latin America and Asia. FremantleMedia produces a wide
range of drama, entertainment and factual entertainment programming, and it has
particular expertise in developing and acquiring new formats worldwide for
production in local territories. In the year to August 2002, FremantleMedia
(
www.fremantlemedia.com) delivered over 9,000 hours of original programming to
broadcasters around the world. FremantleMedia is the content business production
arm of the RTL Group, Europe's largest television and radio broadcast company,
with interests in 23 television channels and 14 radio stations in nine European
countries. RTL Group is 90% owned by Bertelsmann AG, an integrated media and
entertainment company that commands leading positions in the world's major media
markets.

CONTACT: Mobliss, Inc., Seattle
by
Gregory FCA Communications, Inc.
Grace Alfredo, 610/642-8253
[email-masked]
or
Mobliss, Inc.
Brian Hill, 206/332-1749
[email-masked]

URL:
http://www.businesswire.com

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet
with Hyperlinks to your home page.

Copyright (C) 2002 Business Wire. All rights reserved.

KEYWORD: WASHINGTON

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ADVERTISING/MARKETING

ENTERTAINMENT

GAMING

NETWORKING

TELECOMMUNICATIONS

SOURCE:

Mobliss

Copyright © 2002, Business Wire, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.