Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Change of Address - Sort of

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:37:25 -0500

Greetings Folks,

I have just been informed that due to an ISP service dispute, my <
[email-masked] > ARRL e-mail address will be inoperable until further
notice.  (Please see the forwarded notice, below.)  Therefore, I must ask
that all those who correspond with me by e-mail to please use my Juno
account address, which is < [email-masked] >.  This is presently in
effect.

I understand that some e-mail servers partially hide e-mail address
domain names when they appear in the text body of messages, so I will
repeat these addresses in "phonetic" terms:  Please discontinue using my
< n3hoe-at-arrl-dot-net > e-mail address.  Instead, please send all
e-mail to me at < n3hoe-at-juno-dot-com >.

Additionally, it appears that my arrl-dot-net address has been
inoperative for a few days, already.  I ask that anyone who has sent me
e-mail to my arrl-dot-net address, since 23 November 2003, to please
resend all such correspondence to my juno-dot-com address.

Any action where an Internet Service Provider blocks all messages from a
given domain, without customer authorization, is highly discriminatory
and therefore patently unfair.  It *appears* that this sort of situation
is what is causing the immediate problem at Juno.  I have contacted Juno
corporate officials, and am awaiting a response, as you might expect. 
Further changes by me may be warranted in the near future.  If so, I will
advise those concerned.  In any event, I do apologize for this
inconvenience.

   Alan Dixon
   Contributing Editor
   Popular Communications
   n3hoe[a]juno.com
< [email-masked] >

   N3HOE / WPUC720 / KST8678
   PG-4-19631 / DB-GB-005305

--------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Nov 2002 20:19:11 -0000
Subject: ARRL.NET

Dear ARRL.net subscriber:

Because our records indicate that you are having your arrl.net e-mail
address forwarded to an account at either Hotmail or Juno.com
we are communicating with you today to make you aware
of a situation that has developed.

In an arbitrary decision, both Hotmail and Juno have informed our
outside vendor that, effective immediately, they are no
longer accepting e-mail forwarded to their systems from the
arrl.net mail server. Ostensibly, they contend that this is the
result of spam being forwarded through the arrl.net system.
Unfortunately, as they are well aware, spam filtering is not a simple
problem and one that cannot be solved through this method.

We are trying to deal directly with both Hotmail and Juno but
it appears that this is a situation that will not be resolved
immediately. We are working with them to see why they feel that
arrl.net should be singled out and what procedures that would
deem acceptable.

We appreciate your patience while we attempt to resolve
this situation with Hotmail and Juno.

Sincerely,

Barry J. Shelley, N1VXY
Chief Financial Officer
ARRL, Inc.

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Scott Chester <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:04:49 -0800

Sounds like this is a good time to point out/remind many of you that 
for $10-35/year you can purchase a domain name with at least one email 
account and normally unlimited forwards... You can then always be 
[email-masked] no matter what ISP you are using. (Most will also give 
you webmail access to your mail.) If you don't want to actually use 
your personal address, just tell everyone to use that and forward it to 
whatever you current email account is. If you ever have to change ISPs 
just change your forward settings. (You can also do this same thing 
with your domain hosting - i.e. you can change who is providing your 
services without changing your name or address.)

Some sites that I've used...

www.registerfly.com
domains.yahoo.com

You can get a complete list of domain registrars from internic. :)
-- 
Scott Chester, KF6JXT
[email-masked]
http://www.schester.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
·FREE Health Insurance Quotes-eHealthInsurance.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/1.voSB/RnFFAA/46VHAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->