Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IRIDIUM SPACECRAFT BUSES AND HARDWARE -- Solicitation

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:26:26 -0500

http://library.northernlight.com/FC20021108320000169.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

IRIDIUM SPACECRAFT BUSES AND HARDWARE -- Solicitation

Nov 08, 2002 (FedBizOpps via COMTEX) -- NOTICE TYPE: Presolicitation Notice DATE POSTED: 07-NOV-02

Source:

Commerce Business Daily - FIND

Date:

11/08/2002 09:06

Price:

Free

Document Size:

Very Short (426 words)

Document ID:

FC20021108320000169

Subject(s):

Cbd; Acquisition; Commercial; Communications; Contract; Email; Hardware; Internet; Labor; NASA; National Aeronautics And Space Administration; Note; Schedule; Writing

IRIDIUM SPACECRAFT BUSES AND HARDWARE -- Solicitation

Story Filed: Friday, November 08, 2002 9:06 AM EST

Nov 08, 2002 (FedBizOpps via COMTEX) -- NOTICE TYPE: Presolicitation Notice

DATE POSTED: 07-NOV-02

AGENCY: National Aeronautics and Space Administration

OFFICE ADDRESS: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 210.S, Greenbelt, MD
20771

SUBJECT: IRIDIUM SPACECRAFT BUSES AND HARDWARE

CLASSIFICATION CODE: 18 - Space vehicles

SOLICITATION NUMBER: RFP5-55151

CONTACT: Julie A. Janus, Contracting Officer, Phone (301) 286-4931, Fax (301)
286-0341, Email [email-masked]

NOTICE TEXT: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Goddard Space Flight
Center, Office of Procurement; NASA/GSFC plans to issue a Request for Proposal
(RFP) on a sole source basis to the Motorola Corporation for delivery of Iridium
Spacecraft Buses and supporting hardware. The proposed firm-fixed-price (FFP)
contract will have a 3-month period of performance. The Motorola Corporation is
the only known vendor with existing, fully integrated spacecraft suitable for
the Geospace ITSP mission within the Project's schedule. The Motorola
Corporation shall provide two Iridium Spacecraft buses and their communications
payloads, one associated set of Ground Support Equipment (GSE), and available
documentation in support of the Geospace Ionosphere/Thermosphere Storm Probes
(ITSP) Phase C/D Effort. The contractor shall furnish the necessary management,
labor, facilities, materials, tools, and equipment necessary to deliver the
hardware and documentation specified in this SOW. The Government intends to
acquire a commercial item using FAR Part 12. Statutory authority for this sole
source procurement is 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1)--Only One Responsible Source.
However, organizations who believe they can provide these items without any
detrimental impact to the program schedules supported by this work should fully
identify their interest and capabilities within 15 days after publication of
this synopsis. An Ombudsman has been appointed, See NASA Specific Note "B". See
Notes: A and B. Interested organizations have 15 days from the publication of
this synopsis to submit in writing to the identified point of contact, their
qualifications/capabilities. Such qualifications/capabilities will be used
solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct this procurement
on a competitive basis. Responses received after the 15 days or without the
required information will be considered non-responsive to the synopsis and will
not be considered. A determination by the Government to not compete this
proposed effort on a full and open competitive basis, based upon responses to
this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. All qualified
responsible sources may submit an offer, which shall be considered by the
agency. Any reference notes can be viewed at the following URL:
http://genesis.gsfc.nasa.gov/nasanote.html

INTERNET ADDRESS:

http://www.eps.gov/spg/NASA/GSFC/OPDC20220/RFP5-55151/listing.html

Copyright (c) 2002 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.

INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ARO
SUBJECT CODE: GVC

Copyright © 2002, Commerce Business Daily - FIND, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.