Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Robber, who was talking to someone on a walkie-talkie or Nextel phone,

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:15:03 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34433989&ID=cnniw&scategory=Business+and+Finance&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

- Bankruptcy

- Dividends/Earnings

- Executives

- Intellect. Prop.

- Investments

- Investors

- IPO's

- Joint Ventures

- Labor

- Mergers & Acq.

- Mortgages/Loans

- Products

- Reg. and Taxes

- Venture Capital

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

Briefly/Metro

Source: Gazette - Montreal

Publication date: 2002-11-15

Arrival time: 2002-11-17

Car injures teen on bicycle

A 15-year-old boy was seriously injured Thursday night when a car
struck his bicycle.

The boy and a 15-year-old friend were riding westbound on North
Carefree Circle west of Powers Boulevard in the center lane of the
three-lane street about 6 p.m. when a 77-year-old woman driving west
clipped one of the boys from behind, police said. He was not hurt.

The woman's car then struck the second boy. The impact sent him
flying over the hood into the windshield.

The boy was taken to Memorial Hospital, then flown to Children's
Hospital in Denver, where he was listed in critical and unstable
condition Thursday night before leaving Memorial.

Police had not determined whether the woman was speeding or will
be cited. The boys were not wearing helmets or reflective clothing
and should not have been riding in the middle of the street, police
said.

Boys who left home found safe

Two brothers who ran away from home Tuesday morning were found
safe Thursday.

Robert James Rosati, 13, and Branden Edward Rosati, 7,
disappeared from their northeast Colorado Springs home early
Tuesday. Their parents appealed Wednesday for the public to help
find them.

An employee at a gas station within walking distance of their
home saw the boys Thursday morning and called their parents, who
picked them up.

The boys had been camping out in vacant homes under construction
in the area, their mother said.

Rollover crash clogs I-25

A rollover crash involving a tractor-trailer clogged traffic on
Interstate 25 for more than two hours Thursday, police said.

No one was injured.

The two-trailer semi was heading north in a left lane on I-25 at
12:45 p.m. when another vehicle began to merge onto the highway from
the Tejon Street ramp.

A third vehicle trying to avoid the merging car moved into the
left lane in front of the truck. The driver braked, struck the
center median, then veered off the right embankment. Police did not
issue any citations.

Armed man robs McDonald's

A man wearing a black ski mask and armed with a handgun robbed a
McDonald's late Wednesday.

Employees told police the man confronted them inside the locked
business at 4801 N. Academy Blvd. after it shut for the night. He
may have been hiding inside the building when it closed.

He pointed the gun at the victims and demanded money before
leaving on foot.

The robber, who was talking to someone on a walkie-talkie or
Nextel phone, may have had a lookout

Utilities turns on pump station

Colorado Springs Utilities' newest pump station is up and
running.

Officials switched on the Twin Rocks pump station near Divide on
Nov. 4 and will host an open house for area residents at the
facility Saturday. The building was designed to look like a barn to
blend into its rural setting off U.S. Highway 24.

The station is part of the Otero pipeline expansion. Water is
brought from the Western Slope to the Otero pump station in Buena
Vista before passing through Twin Rocks and being brought into
Colorado Springs.

- THE GAZETTE

Publication date: 2002-11-15

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy