Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Pushes WackBerry

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:47:45 -0500

http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=25014

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

home

|

message boards

|

register

|

resources

|

webinars

|

advertising info

|

archive

|

reports

|

static bursts

|

about us

|

feedback

column

static bursts

wireless gizmo

reports

Q & A

editorial calendar

unstrung 25

INFORMATION FROM OUR SPONSORS

NOVEMBER 2002

Survival of the Slimmest: Competitive Positioning in GSM and UMTS Markets

The latest edition of the Wireless Oracle, "Survival of the Slimmest: Competitive Positioning in GSM and UMTS Infrastructure Markets," analyzes the top five network equipment suppliers and reveals which are best prepared to emerge from the current downturn.

Subscribe

user preferences

LIGHT READING

The global site for optical networking

BYTE AND SWITCH

The storage networking site

OPTICAL ORACLE

An electronic research service covering the optical networking market

WIRELESS ORACLE

An electronic research service covering the wireless networking market

REGISTER for upcoming free Web seminars

REGISTER for weekly and daily newsletters covering the optical storage and wireless markets

PREVIOUS UNSTRUNG NEWS FEED

Nextel Pushes BlackBerry

11.26.02

RESTON, Va. -- Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL) a leader in wireless business
solutions, today announced that the BlackBerry 6510(TM) from Nextel will
be commercially available on December 2, 2002. The introduction of the
BlackBerry 6510 continues to build upon Nextel's robust Wireless
Business Solutions (WBS) initiative introduced in August 2002, combining
all the applications, services, tools and the support an enterprise
requires to deploy a wireless solution.

"The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel is a key deliverable in our WBS
strategy. It meets the needs of our customers in various industries by
giving them greater access to information and the ability to maintain
productivity by always being connected to the office, no matter where
business takes them," said Greg Santoro, vice president, Internet and
wireless services for Nextel.

Nextel's WBS integrates corporate intranets and back-office systems,
such as sales force automation, order entry, inventory tracking and
customer relationship management (CRM), supporting true workforce
mobility. Supporting multiple wireless device types and applications,
WBS can scale for workgroups to enterprise-wide deployments, and provide
a flexible platform for professional services to add value in system
design, implementation and business process consulting.

The BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel operates on the Nextel National Network,
and features the enhanced voice services Nextel customers have come to
expect, including digital cellular voice, Nextel Online wireless Web and
SMS service--an unmatched set of services for businesses.

Additionally, Nextel offers the only BlackBerry Wireless Handheld(TM) on
the market featuring Nextel Direct Connect, the incredibly powerful
long-range digital walkie-talkie feature.

Nextel Communications Inc.

printable format | email to a friend

Discuss this story...

Market data is Copyright © 1995-2002 Stockpoint and its data suppliers. All rights reserved.
Quotes are delayed at least 20 minutes. Quote data provided by S&P Comstock.

Copyright © 2000-2002 Light Reading, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy Terms of Use Editorial Disclosure