Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

From: "Gerard G. Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:53:22 -0500

I should expect as much, considering the source of reply. Ill reiterate my
point. I want to keep my customers not lose them due to misinformation from
the carrier, no matter which one it happens to be.  Sorry if you take
offense to my trying to be of service to my customer. I will continue to do
my job as I have for the last twenty five plus years. My reputation leads to
more customers and this is how I train my employees. I am in the service
business and I provide such to the best of my ability.......
  -----Original Message-----
  From: meijin [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 7:12 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

  See...here is part of the problem. What are YOU as a dealer doing calling
customer care? They have specific channels set up for dealers and it is not
customer care.

  Mike
  ========================================================================
  "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would
  take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place
  and kill him."
                      ----Mark Twain

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Gerard G. Cook
    To: [email-masked]
    Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:31 PM
    Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

    I don't believe they check everyone of them, if they did half would be
    dismissed, you have no idea what it is like dealing with inept service
    personal on my end. I try to support my customer base as much as
possible by
    helping them deal with service, if we don't help our customer base with
the
    carriers we wont have ONE in this commodity market place. Nextel is no
    better than AT&T or Verizon in this regard. the worst is hold time, then
get
    an uneducated csr who discos your call and the process starts again!!!!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: britbloke66 [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:18 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

    If customers call up to make a rate plan change then they will be
    offered that rateplan change effective the start of their next
    billing cycle, rather than deal with pro ration of the monthly
    reoccuring charge and pro ration of bucket. Nextel no longer supports
    the backdating of changes to the start of the current cycle. This is
    policy and is not a 'rep not knowing what they are doing'
    scenario..oh by the way the reps are monitored at least 3 times a
    week and they do external callbacks to customers via a 3rd party
    agency..

    Britbloke66

    --- In NEXTEL-1@y..., urcellular2@c... wrote:
    > The reason why cst told a customer that there was a wrong time to
    activate is
    > because some of the people in care have no clue..Instead of saying
    I dont
    > know. They for some reason make things up and try to make the
    dealer look
    > bad..I have come across this kind of misinformation before thought
    we were on
    > the same team (us and care). I do hope Nextel starts to monitor the
    answers
    > that care is giving out..It makes us all look bad..

    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT

  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:42:27 -0600

The source? Let me tell you something Mr. Cook, I provide technical support and information to enterprise level customers ranging from 500 units to over 20,000 units and the highest level of professionalism is expect from me...and delivered. I have worked in four different departments with Nextel and am in the process of assisting with a new roll out of what should be a very hot offering within the enterprise market. I have worked in 4 different departments within Nextel and come from a technically oriented customer support back ground that goes back over 20 years. THAT is your source. I am not sticking up for Nextel because I work for them.

One of the things that I make sure that I do is go to the correct place to get any information that I pass along to a customer. I would suggest that you can do the same. Channels have been set up for you to do your activations, your deactivations, your upgrades and get your support. If you go outside of those channels, then it will be doubtful as to the quality of the information you do receive. I can think of several different reasons why it is that your customer would not have reveived any sort of pro-rated credit on their account. But rather than respond directly to the questions asked and situations provided, you just want to bitch. So, in the end, you have learned absolutely nothing and will still not be able to deal with the situation again should it ever come up again. So, if you really want to provide quality service to your customers, why is this? 

Nextel is moving away from dealers...and I think at least one of the reasons is clearly apparent.

Have a nice day,

Mike

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Gerard G. Cook 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 11:53 AM
  Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

  I should expect as much, considering the source of reply. Ill reiterate my point. I want to keep my customers not lose them due to misinformation from the carrier, no matter which one it happens to be.  Sorry if you take offense to my trying to be of service to my customer. I will continue to do my job as I have for the last twenty five plus years. My reputation leads to more customers and this is how I train my employees. I am in the service business and I provide such to the best of my ability.......
    -----Original Message-----
    From: meijin [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 7:12 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

    See...here is part of the problem. What are YOU as a dealer doing calling customer care? They have specific channels set up for dealers and it is not customer care.

    Mike

      ----- Original Message ----- 
      From: Gerard G. Cook 
      To: [email-masked] 
      Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:31 PM
      Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

      I don't believe they check everyone of them, if they did half would be
      dismissed, you have no idea what it is like dealing with inept service
      personal on my end. I try to support my customer base as much as possible by
      helping them deal with service, if we don't help our customer base with the
      carriers we wont have ONE in this commodity market place. Nextel is no
      better than AT&T or Verizon in this regard. the worst is hold time, then get
      an uneducated csr who discos your call and the process starts again!!!!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: britbloke66 [mailto:[email-masked]]
      Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:18 PM
      To: [email-masked]
      Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

      Britbloke66

      activate is
      I dont
      dealer look
      we were on
      answers
      > that care is giving out..It makes us all look bad..

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

---

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:06:50 -0000

You contradict yourself, Mike.  In one breath you say N has set up 
all these channels to help the dealer yet in another you say they are 
moving away from dealers.

It is painfully apparent the latter is true.  This hot product you 
speak of I presume is the online direct procurement software you give 
to enterprise customers.

After I go in and sell a national account, build it to 500 units, you 
decide you don't want to pay me anymore.  You can garner the 
remaining 300 units at a lower CPGA.

For two years I managed to fend off your internal marketing effort 
directed at the users I put on your network.  My hat is off to you 
for giving them a tool with which I cannot compete.  See why we need 
another PTT product in the market place?  Dealers are natural 
poachers.

Customer Service is a painful and costly exercise.  The only thing we 
need is New Business Acquisition.  Remember Mike, if ya ain't 
Sales...yer Overhead.  ~Bulldog

--- In NEXTEL-1@y..., "meijin" <meijin@b...> wrote:
> The source? Let me tell you something Mr. Cook, I provide technical 
support and information to enterprise level customers ranging from 
500 units to over 20,000 units and the highest level of 
professionalism is expect from me...and delivered. I have worked in 
four different departments with Nextel and am in the process of 
assisting with a new roll out of what should be a very hot offering 
within the enterprise market. I have worked in 4 different 
departments within Nextel and come from a technically oriented 
customer support back ground that goes back over 20 years. THAT is 
your source. I am not sticking up for Nextel because I work for them.
> 
> One of the things that I make sure that I do is go to the correct 
place to get any information that I pass along to a customer. I would 
suggest that you can do the same. Channels have been set up for you 
to do your activations, your deactivations, your upgrades and get 
your support. If you go outside of those channels, then it will be 
doubtful as to the quality of the information you do receive. I can 
think of several different reasons why it is that your customer would 
not have reveived any sort of pro-rated credit on their account. But 
rather than respond directly to the questions asked and situations 
provided, you just want to bitch. So, in the end, you have learned 
absolutely nothing and will still not be able to deal with the 
situation again should it ever come up again. So, if you really want 
to provide quality service to your customers, why is this? 
> Nextel is moving away from dealers...and I think at least one of 
the reasons is clearly apparent.
======================================================================
==
>   To: NEXTEL-1@y... 
>   I should expect as much, considering the source of reply. Ill 
reiterate my point. I want to keep my customers not lose them due to 
misinformation from the carrier, no matter which one it happens to 
be.  Sorry if you take offense to my trying to be of service to my 
customer. I will continue to do my job as I have for the last twenty 
five plus years. My reputation leads to more customers and this is 
how I train my employees. I am in the service business and I provide 
such to the best of my ability.......
>     From: meijin [mailto:meijin@b...]
>     To: NEXTEL-1@y...
>     See...here is part of the problem. What are YOU as a dealer 
doing calling customer care? They have specific channels set up for 
dealers and it is not customer care.
>     Mike
======================================================================
==
>       To: NEXTEL-1@y... 
>       From: britbloke66 [mailto:britbloke66@y...]
>       To: NEXTEL-1@y...

---

From: "meijin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:27:13 -0600

>>>>>No, there is no contradiction there. Just because Nextel is moving away from independent dealers does not mean that the channels of support set up from them are not there and will not work. Dishonest dealers directly effect the numbers that Wall Street looks at and that effects everyone. When I was in Retention, I spent a large part of each day dealing with a customer who upgraded their phone. They would call in and want their old phone deactivated because the dealer wanted full commission on the new phone and told them to call us to dact the old one (i.e. phantom churn). The issue I had with the other guy was that he would rather bitch and moan as opposed to resolve the issue.

>>>>No, it is not. The software you mention has been out for some time now with many enterprise level customers using it successfully. I am talking about something else...I just cannot get into it right now. Probably around January or so.

>>>>>>In alot of cases, this is true. Many former Nextel people found this out when the decision was made to outsource in-bound customer care calls to TeleTech several months ago. But, Nextel was smart enough to know what needed to stay within Nextel and that is what I do. I don't see that changing at any time. We still make money for the company.

Mike

---

From: "Gerard G. Cook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:04:40 -0500

I have wasted enough time belaboring this situation, my bitch was and still
is that a good portion of the csr response to customers are incorrect and
they are not trained properly (or they sleep during class).  sorry to ruffle
your feathers (hope its not attached to a boa). we the agent (or AR) have to
face these customers on a business basis every day, if we don't help we
might as well have a kiosk in the mall and hire kids with no idea of what
they are selling, check and see if possible if most of Ns permanent
deactivations are from kiosk type operations, telemarketers and such.  the
customer I procure for N keep their service an average of three and one half
years and our average increases. Thank the lord we don't rely on any phone
company for all our income. As far as phantom churn goes, that happens
mainly when the carrier offers no solution to the dealer for upgrades.
enough said, threes ladies and gentlemen, Gerry
  -----Original Message-----
  From: meijin [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 6:42 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

  The source? Let me tell you something Mr. Cook, I provide technical
support and information to enterprise level customers ranging from 500 units
to over 20,000 units and the highest level of professionalism is expect from
me...and delivered. I have worked in four different departments with Nextel
and am in the process of assisting with a new roll out of what should be a
very hot offering within the enterprise market. I have worked in 4 different
departments within Nextel and come from a technically oriented customer
support back ground that goes back over 20 years. THAT is your source. I am
not sticking up for Nextel because I work for them.

  One of the things that I make sure that I do is go to the correct place to
get any information that I pass along to a customer. I would suggest that
you can do the same. Channels have been set up for you to do your
activations, your deactivations, your upgrades and get your support. If you
go outside of those channels, then it will be doubtful as to the quality of
the information you do receive. I can think of several different reasons why
it is that your customer would not have reveived any sort of pro-rated
credit on their account. But rather than respond directly to the questions
asked and situations provided, you just want to bitch. So, in the end, you
have learned absolutely nothing and will still not be able to deal with the
situation again should it ever come up again. So, if you really want to
provide quality service to your customers, why is this?

  Nextel is moving away from dealers...and I think at least one of the
reasons is clearly apparent.

  Have a nice day,

  Mike

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Gerard G. Cook
    To: [email-masked]
    Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 11:53 AM
    Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

    I should expect as much, considering the source of reply. Ill reiterate
my point. I want to keep my customers not lose them due to misinformation
from the carrier, no matter which one it happens to be.  Sorry if you take
offense to my trying to be of service to my customer. I will continue to do
my job as I have for the last twenty five plus years. My reputation leads to
more customers and this is how I train my employees. I am in the service
business and I provide such to the best of my ability.......
      -----Original Message-----
      From: meijin [mailto:[email-masked]]
      Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 7:12 PM
      To: [email-masked]
      Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

      See...here is part of the problem. What are YOU as a dealer doing
calling customer care? They have specific channels set up for dealers and it
is not customer care.

      Mike

========================================================================
      "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I
would
      take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet
place
      and kill him."
                          ----Mark Twain

        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Gerard G. Cook
        To: [email-masked]
        Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 3:31 PM
        Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

        I don't believe they check everyone of them, if they did half would
be
        dismissed, you have no idea what it is like dealing with inept
service
        personal on my end. I try to support my customer base as much as
possible by
        helping them deal with service, if we don't help our customer base
with the
        carriers we wont have ONE in this commodity market place. Nextel is
no
        better than AT&T or Verizon in this regard. the worst is hold time,
then get
        an uneducated csr who discos your call and the process starts
again!!!!

        -----Original Message-----
        From: britbloke66 [mailto:[email-masked]]
        Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:18 PM
        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: CSR TRAINING NEXTEL

        reoccuring charge and pro ration of bucket. Nextel no longer
supports

        Britbloke66

        activate is
        I dont
        dealer look
        we were on
        answers

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT