Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Accused J.P. Morgan Analyst of Leaking Report, WSJ Says

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:55:40 -0500

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_relnews.ht&s=APd3A2hVKTmV4dGVs

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

INTERNATIONAL

SITES

Go to...
Asia
Australia
Brazil
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Latin Amer.
Spain
U.K.

STOCK QUOTES
Enter symbol:

Lookup symbol

NEWS

Top Financial News

Top World News

Stock Market Update

After Hours Trading

Earnings News

Profit Warnings

Technology

Analyst Ratings

Politics

Economies

Fed Watch

Columns

News Archive

STOCKS

Earnings Center

Tech Stocks

Stocks on the Move

Chart Builder

World Indices

Movers by Exchange

Stocks in the Dow

S&P 500 Snapshot

Industry Movers

Most Active Options

IPO Center

Regional Indices

RATES & BONDS

Key Rates

U.S. Treasuries

Government Bonds

Municipal Bonds

CURRENCIES

Currency Rates

Cross Currency Rates

Currency Calculator

EMU Update

COMMODITIES

Most Active Futures

Commodity Movers

Energy

Nextel Accused J.P. Morgan Analyst of Leaking Report, WSJ Says
By Edvard Pettersson

Reston, Virginia, Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Nextel
Communications Inc. accused a J.P. Morgan analyst of leaking the
contents of a report to selected investors, the Wall Street
Journal reported on its Web site, citing unidentified people.

Nextel's general counsel, Leonard Kennedy, called Bill
McDavid, general counsel at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., and accused
J.P. Morgan analyst Thomas Lee of leaking the contents of his
research report to select investors before it was released, the
newspaper said. Lee's report questioned some of Nextel's
accounting practices, the newspaper said.

Several investors, whom Nextel didn't identify, told the
company about the leaks, the Journal said, without citing anyone.
J.P. Morgan didn't find any evidence Lee leaked information to
investors before the report's release and informed Nextel of its
findings, the newspaper said, citing unidentified people familiar
with the investigation.

Nextel spokeswoman Audrey Schaefer didn't immediately return
a voicemail message left at her office Thursday night after
business hours by Bloomberg News. Lee didn't immediately return a
voicemail message left at his office Thursday night after business
hours.

(WSJ 11-22, online)

Access More Information and Services Above

©2002 Bloomberg L.P. All rights reserved. Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Trademarks.