Subject: [NEXTEL-1] First Avenue Networks and Comsearch Announce Agreement to Jointly RepresentServices and Licensed 39 GHz Transmission Capacity

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:51:27 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-11-2002/0001838295&EDATE=

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

First Avenue Networks and Comsearch Announce Agreement to Jointly Represent Services and Licensed 39 GHz Transmission Capacity

Comsearch Expands Service Offering and First Avenue Partners
With Industry Leader

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., and ASHBURN, Va., Nov. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
First Avenue Networks (OTC Bulletin Board: FRNS) and Comsearch, an Allen
Telecom company (NYSE: ALN) today announced a joint agreement whereby
Comsearch will provide spectrum management services to represent First
Avenue's licensed 39 GHz transmission capacity. In addition, First Avenue
will represent Comsearch's comprehensive offering of turnkey engineering
services.
First Avenue Networks will make its 39 GHz transmission capacity available
on a link or regional basis to carriers, wholesale bandwidth providers and end
users. Partnering with First Avenue Networks, Comsearch, a leader in spectrum
management solutions for the wireless industry, will provide frequency
management and coordination services in support of these broadband fixed
wireless implementations.
"As the engineering challenges and frequency congestion in the unlicensed
bands and certain other licensed bands become greater, we are pleased to add
high capacity, readily available and licensed 39 GHz frequency transmission
capacity to the range of options we can offer our customers," said Chris
Hardy, vice president, spectrum management solutions, Comsearch. "We believe
that 39 GHz is important and valuable because of its high capacity and
immediate availability and First Avenue's offerings are unique because of
their virtually nationwide coverage of this spectrum. This portion of the
spectrum is well supported by equipment manufacturers and VARs and may offer
tremendous cost and capital savings over alternative frequency choices."
"Our agreement with Comsearch is the most relevant endorsement to date of
the importance of 39 GHz for wireless solutions to meet connectivity
challenges," said Dean M. Johnson, president and CEO, First Avenue Networks.
"No one better than Comsearch understands the spectrum and economic issues
faced by operators deploying high capacity fixed wireless links."
Financial terms of this agreement were not disclosed.

About First Avenue Networks
First Avenue Networks, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: FRNS) holds over 750
FCC-issued licenses for 39 GHz spectrum covering virtually the entire United
States. In the top 50 metropolitan markets, First Avenue owns over 350 MHz of
bandwidth. It uses that bandwidth in strategic partnerships with service
providers and equipment manufacturers to provide carriers and other wholesale
customers with solutions to telecommunication network challenges.
First Avenue acquired the assets and operations of Advanced Radio Telecom,
which filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2001. For more information, visit
http://www.firstavenet.com .

About Comsearch
Comsearch, headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, with offices in the United
Kingdom and Singapore, provides total solution global offerings for wireless
engineering design, acquisition, installation, and maintenance services. With
more than 25 years of experience in developing solutions for fixed mobile and
broadband wireless applications, Comsearch has expanded its expertise into the
government, real estate, healthcare and academic markets. Its experienced
engineers, software products and information databases have addressed the
specific challenges of network design and spectrum management for the evolving
wireless industry.
To find out more about Comsearch's full range of wireless engineering
services and products, log onto http://www.comsearch.com .

The above information includes forward-looking statements regarding
securities trading and provision of services. These statements are not
guarantees of future performance. Known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and
other factors, including without limitation, capital constraints, changes to
the strategy and business plan, customer demand, technological risks, ability
to manage growth, competition and government regulation may cause actual
results to differ materially from the future results implied or expressed in
the forward looking statements. The Company does not undertake to update or
revise its forward-looking statements publicly even if experience or future
changes make clear that any projected results expressed or implied herein will
not be realized.

Click here

SOURCE First Avenue Networks, Inc.

Web Site: http://www.comsearch.com http://www.firstavenet.com

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.