Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis - Comments from ADs (Protocol related) ISSUE#12

From: "Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 13:50:11 -0600

Issue 12: Section 5 introduces a subtype but there is no IANA considerations
mention of this and the rules for assigning new subtype values
 
Proposal:
Currently RFC3012bis has reference to "IANA Considerations" of RFC 3012. The
RFC 3012 includes a new subtype called "MN-AAA Authentication subtype". The
"IANA Considerations" section of this RFC also includes the following text
as a rule for assigning new values
"A new number space is to be created for enumerating subtypes of the
Generalized Authentication extension (see section 5).  New subtypes of the
Generalized Authentication extension, other than the number  (1) for the
MN-AAA authentication extension specified in section 6, must be specified
and approved by a designated expert"
 
By referring to this text, I would think that we may not need any additional
text. Please let me know if you have any opinions/suggestions.
 
Thanks,
Jayshree

-----Original Message-----
From: Muhanna, Ahmad [RICH2:2Q20:EXCH] 
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 12:27 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [mobile-ip] RFC3012bis - Comments from ADs (Protocol related)

please see my comments inline. 

Regards; 
Ahmad Muhanna 

Non-editorial comments associated with RFC3012bis: 

Please post your comments with the appropriate issue number in the subject
line (instead of simply replying to this email).

-Chairs. 

12. Section 5 introduces a subtype but there is no IANA considerations 
    mention of this and the rules for assigning new subtype values. 

Agreed. 
I wonder how this passed in the first time (RFC3012). 

Regards, 
Ahmad