Subject: [NEXTEL-1] First Wireless Access Point to Detect Rogue Users Introduced by 3eTechnologies International

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:50:31 -0500

http://cnniw.yellowbrix.com/pages/cnniw/Story.nsp?story_id=34313467&ID=cnniw&scategory=Telecommunications%3AWireless&

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Home

News

IndustryWatch

Aerospace/Defense

Auto

Aviation

Banking

Business and Finance

Chemicals

Computers

Economy/Markets

Energy

Entertainment

Environment

Food

Government

Healthcare

Insurance

Internet

Metals & Minerals

Real Estate

Retail

Small Business

Telecommunications

- Equipment

- Fiber Optics

- Local Providers

- Long Distance

- Wireless

- Regulations

- Satellite

Transportation

Travel

Utilities

searchIndustryWatch

Markets &
Stocks

Commentary

Technology

Personal Finance

Retirement

Mutual Funds

Money 101

Money's Best

Track your
stocks

Calculators

CNNfn
on TV

Services

CNN.com

CNNSI.com

MONEY
Magazine
Customer
Service

E-MAIL
NEWSLETTERS
sign
up!

MOBILE NEWS
•AvantGo

sign
up!

First Wireless Access Point to Detect Rogue Users Introduced by 3e Technologies International

Source: Business Wire

Publication date: 2002-11-12

ROCKVILLE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 12, 2002--

3e-522AW Wireless Access Point and 3e-522GW Wireless Gateway

Provide Unmatched Security and Management Capabilities

3e Technologies International, Inc. (3eTI) today announced its new
3e-522AW Wireless Access Point, providing industry-leading security
and centralized management of wireless LANs (WLANs) through a
relationship with AirWave(R) Wireless Inc.

This is the most comprehensive security and management solution
available, providing the ability to monitor and control wireless
networks from a single, central console. Continuing its leadership in
WLAN security, 3eTI also introduced the 3e-522GW Wireless Gateway,
which offers customers the increased security of AES and 3DES without
sacrificing performance.

"The combined solution from AirWave Wireless and 3e Technologies
International is based on industry standards for authentication and
encryption, can handle fluctuating numbers of end-users and, most
unique of all, can scan and detect unauthorized access points on the
network," said Wai Sing Lee, Industry Analyst at Frost & Sullivan.

Customers can ensure that all access points are configured to
comply with network security policies and track all user information,
including bandwidth usage. The integrated solution increases security,
improves network performance, and reduces support costs.

"Rogue access points are one of the most common security breaches
of wireless networks today," said Greg Murphy, President of AirWave
Wireless. "With the 3e-522AW Wireless Access Point and the AirWave
Management Platform, IT can detect rogue APs and unauthenticated
clients, create dynamic VLAN tunnels, and automatically discover any
new access points connected to the network."

At the University of California's Hastings College of the Law, the
3e-522AW and AirWave Management Platform drew rave reviews. "In an
urban setting, there is very little I can do to prevent outsiders from
associating with one of my Access Points," said Eric Noble, UC
Hastings' Director of IT. "With the 3e-522AW Access Points and
AirWave, I know that no unauthorized users are going to see any of my
network."

Because this functionality is embedded into the AP itself, Noble
did not need to add any additional network hardware, reprogram any
routers or switches, or install new software on users' PCs.

"Management and security are prime concerns of WLAN users, and 3e
Technologies International and AirWave are providing cutting edge
options to ensure customers have as much confidence in their wireless
communication as they do in their traditional wired technologies,"
said Steven Chen, President & CEO of 3e Technologies International.
"The 3e-522AW Wireless Access Point with the AirWave Management
Platform provides a level of security and management unequaled in the
industry."

The 3e-522AW Wireless Access Point delivers the most robust and
secure 802.11b wireless LAN, and supports Power over Ethernet (PoE)
and 10/100 Ethernet for high-speed LAN connectivity. It also
integrates AES, 3DES, and 802.1x security while delivering
industry-leading throughput. Its high performance and enhanced
security ensure the safety and reliability of WLANs.

The new 3e-522GW Wireless Gateway with cable/DSL interface
provides security-minded users with AES and 3DES encryption, access
point/gateway deployment options, and Power over Ethernet (PoE)
functionality. The 3e-522GW Wireless Gateway provides superior
throughput even with AES enabled.

Use of its PoE capability enhances performance and improves
cost-effectiveness by eliminating dual wiring and the necessity to
install near an AC outlet.

3e Technologies International and AirWave Wireless will
demonstrate the integrated wireless network management and security
solution at booth #958 at the COMDEX show in Las Vegas, NV from
November 18-22. The 3e-522AW Wireless Access Point, the AirWave
Management Platform, and 3e-522GW Wireless Gateway are available
through CABLExpress (www.cxtec.com) or at www.3eti.com.

About 3e Technologies International

3e Technologies International, also known as AEPTEC Microsystems,
is a leading provider of highly secure wireless networking, condition
based and location telematics solutions. 3eTI is 100% self funded,
profitable and has doubled its revenue and headcount every year for
the last 5 years.

3eTI is the 5th fastest growing company in the greater Washington
DC area (as ranked by the Washington Business Journal). In addition to
its Rockville, MD headquarters, 3eTI has presence in: Blairsville, PA;
Reno, NV; Dahlgren, VA; and Taiwan. For more information, please visit
www.3eti.com or send inquiries to [email-masked].

About AirWave Wireless, Inc.

Founded in 2000, AirWave Wireless has developed the patent-pending
AirWave Management Platform to make large wireless networks as
manageable and secure as wireline networks. The privately-held company
is headquartered in San Mateo, CA and is backed by investors Ignition
Partners and Idealab.

For more information, visit www.airwave.com or send inquiries to
[email-masked] or contact Jaimee Vetter, (425) 638-4815,
[email-masked]

Publication date: 2002-11-12

© 2002, YellowBrix, Inc.

CNNmoney

contact us | magazine
customer service |
site
map | CNN/Money
glossary

OTHER NEWS: CNN | CNNSI | Fortune | Business 2.0 | Time | ON
Copyright © 2002 CNN America, Inc. An AOL Time
Warner Company ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms under which this
service is provided to you. privacy policy