Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DataRadio mobile data up-dates

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:12:58 -0500

Dataradio Installs 
Wireless Data System in the 
Federal Bureau of Investigations 
Wireless Applications Test Facility 

ATLANTA, October 22, 2002

Dataradio Corporation, a leading manufacturer and integrator of mission-critical, private
wireless networks, is participating in the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) wireless
applications test program with a turn-key mobile data system. Indico Corporation, located
in Ft. Worth, Texas is providing the software application independently. 

Dataradio recently installed the pilot using a Dataradio GeminiPD+ mobile radio modem, and
a ParagonPD base station, both operating at 32 Kbps. 

The GeminiPD+ is a private RF mobile radio modem incorporating a high performance RF
platform designed exclusively for datawhich incorporates Dataradio's Parallel Decode modem
technology and a built-in GPS receiver. The GeminiPD+ mobile radio modems and Paragon Data
Base Stations use dual receivers to decode messages simultaneously, providing superior
performance in multi-pathand fading environments. 

Andy Middlebrooks, Implementation Engineer for Dataradio said, "The Dataradio IP
integration proved to be a solid interface to the NCIC Central Simulator Server. The
Dataradio technology offers very, very fast wireless access of NCIC information by mobile
units in the field." 

_________________________________________________

Dataradio and P.R.I.D.E Sign Contract for Mobile Data System

MONTREAL, October 31, 2002

The members of the PRIDE police cooperative have awarded a contract for a mobile
workstation system to Dataradio Inc, a leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of
private, wireless data networks. The PRIDE group (Police Regionalized Information and Data
Entry) members are the Waterloo Regional, Brantford, Guelph and Stratford Police services
all located in southern Ontario. 

The contract is for a complete, private, multi-site mobile data system and associated
application software. Dataradio partner, AVeL-TECH Inc of Laval Quebec, a leading supplier
of vehicle location and dispatch systems will provide the application software. The new 32
Kb/s system, will replace a 14-year-old MDT network. 

Together the Dataradio and AVeL-TECH systems will provide PRIDE partners with enhanced
tools for accessing critical police information directly from a Mobile Workstation mounted
in the patrol vehicle. In addition to traditional Dispatch and database access, the new
system will provide officers with in car access to Intranet, Mugshot files and e-mail
services. An automatic vehicle location (AVL) system will help enhance officer safety. If
an officer needs assistance, his or her exact location will be available instantly at the
dispatch centre. 

The new system will include GeminiPD radio modems, ParagonPD base stations from Dataradio
and RadioGate, AVeL-NET and MobiCAD software provided by AVeL-TECH. GeminiPD+ features
Dataradio Parallel Decode (patent pending) technology and Dataradio IP, the latest in
private data-over-radio, end-to-end IP connectivity. 

The new system, to be implemented by the PRIDE partners, will consist of five radio sites
and 182 GeminiPD mobiles will be delivered over the next six months. It will enhance
police services to a total population of 685,000 residents located in Waterloo Region and
the neighbouring communities of Brantford, Guelph and Stratford. 

Staff Sergeant Dave Bishop, MWS project manager said, "PRIDE searched the marketplace for
a highly reliable, secure and fast mobile data system to handle our growing data
transmission needs. Dataradio emerged from the competition as the clear winner. We are
confident in the technology that Dataradio and AVeL-Tech will be bringing into the PRIDE
communities. " 

Bob Rouleau, president of Dataradio Inc, commented, "Dataradio is proud to have been
chosen by PRIDE. This system will be a showcase of our industry-leading technology. 

Michel Jarry, President AVeL-Tech Inc says: "We are proud to be part of the team that will
deliver world proven critical mission systems to the Pride group" A Show Case Indeed" 

_________________________________________________

DATARADIO Corporation Receives 
Final Systems Acceptance From Ottawa County, MI

ATLANTA, November 8, 2002

Dataradio Corporation, a leading integrator of mission-critical, private wireless
networks, has recently received Final Systems Acceptance from Ottawa County, Michigan. 

With 200 vehicles in operation the multi-site, 800 MHz network utilizes Dataradio's
GeminiPD mobile radio modems along with Dataradio ParagonPD base stations operating at a
network speed of 25.6 Kbps. 

Dataradio GeminiPD mobile radio modems and ParagonPD data base stations use dual receivers
to decode messages simultaneously, providing superior performance in multi-path and fading
environments. Parallel Decode technology, along with a DSP-based modem, produces fewer
retries and more effective throughput than other systems available today. 

AVeL-TECH, Inc. located in Laval, Quebec, Canada provided the automatic vehicle location
(AVL) application software for the system. The 911 center as well as officers in the field
have access to computer-aided dispatch (CAD), records management (RMS), mobile data access
and automatic vehicle location (AVL). 

http://www.dataradio-cor.com/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/