Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Provides Communications System at the NATO Summit

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:35:45 -0500

Motorola Provides Communications System at the NATO Summit
 Wednesday November 13, 5:00 am ET

 PRAGUE, Czech Republic, Nov. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Motorola (NYSE: MOT -
 News) has been chosen to provide the radio communication system for the NATO
 Summit being held in Prague on November 21-22. Motorola formerly supplied the
 communication system used to manage the 1999 NATO Summit in Washington D.C.
 and will, once again, be providing a high-capacity, digital communications system
 enabling the delegations to communicate effectively during the course of the Summit.

                                         With more than 12,000 individuals
                                         attending the Summit, Motorola's
                                         TETRA (TEerrestrial Trunked
                                         RAdio) system will provide enough
                                         capacity to meet the demands of
                                         each country's delegation, whilst
                                         providing safe and secure
                                         transmission ensuring the
                                         necessary level of security.

                                         TETRA digital radio terminals
                                         provide users with the advantages
                                         of a traditional two-way radio plus
                                         mobile telephony, messaging and
                                         data. At the summit, the Czech
                                         Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be
                                         utilising Motorola radios and each
                                         delegation will be lent five Motorola
 portable radios to aid effective communication at the Summit.

 The TETRA network for the Prague NATO Summit is based on the existing network,
 which is owned by the City of Prague. The Prague system, supplied by Motorola,
 usually is used for traffic services, road maintenance teams and the Prague City Police.
 Motorola recently supplied additional two-way radios to the City of Prague to help
 support the city's recent flood relief effort.

 Vaclav Smid, Corporate Country Manager, Czech Republic, Motorola, commented:
 "The efficiency and reliability of our TETRA network, which makes it highly suited for
 use in public safety environments, also applies to conferences such as the NATO
 Summit where reliability, high capacity and security are key factors."

 Ms. Helena Bambasova, Management Executive Director, Prague NATO Summit Task
 Force, added: "We need the most reliable form of communication system when hosting
 such an important event. We chose Motorola to provide a TETRA system due to its
 excellent handling of the Washington Summit."

 TETRA technology is an open standard defined by the European Telecommunications
 Standardisation Institute (ETSI) and is in use by public safety organisations in
 mission-critical environments in many areas of the world.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021113/cgw006_1.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/