Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: [220] FW: Your 220 Mhz article

From: Alan Dixon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:25:32 -0500

Todd,

I am truly sorry that this has happened.  You are gracious enough to
maintain a forum where all sides of "220 MHz" issues can be heard, only
to get dumped upon, like this.  While I have not yet had the opportunity
to read your article in question, I remain committed to the view that
nothing you (or anyone) could possibly have said warrants such a
cowardly, criminal threat to you and your endeavors.  This is really a
shame in that there are perfectly legitimate concerns that really need to
be addressed in 220 MHz-band services and licensing.  Like you, I too
have no patience for those who fail to play by the rules.  Nor do I have
any use for cowards who are too afraid to step up to the plate and take
on an issue in a straightforward and fair manner.

I am beginning to appreciate your earlier comment, in another post,
imploring all of we on these lists to step out from behind our masks -
not that you ever had to convince me, obviously.  No one ever had to
wonder where any of my comments or actions originated!  Likewise, I see
that you have consistently conducted your business in the same honorable
manner.  If there is anything I can do to assist you in the matter of
serving justice or in maintaining integrity, please let me know, Todd.

Most sincerely,

Alan Dixon
Contributing Editor
Popular Communications

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:04:25 -0500 "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
writes:

Folks...this is about as much as I'm going to take.  I have received
other lousy comments bordering on threats one from a handful of amateur
radio licensees regarding 220 MHz issues and can name names.  This one's
WILL be called into the local FBI office and Riley Hollingsworth Monday
morning.  Using e-mail over the Internet to make a threat of violence
makes it a federal crime.  I have little patience for people like this,
nor will I be cowed over an issue that is apparently much larger than
their intelligence.
 
Todd Ellis
Operations Manager, Telecommunications Division
Booth & Associates, Inc., a Utility Services Associates company
An Employee-Owned Business
1011 Schaub Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
Phone: (919) 851-8770, ext. 109  Fax:  (919) 859-5918
Cellular:  (919) 418-3358  Alpha Pager:  (877) 205-9320
E-mail:  [email-masked]
Two-way SMS: [email-masked]
Web:  www.booth-assoc.com
Telecommunications, Transmission & Distribution, System Planning and
Special Projects,
Mapping and Field Services, Substations & Relaying, Strategic & Financial
Services 

-----Original Message-----
From: Con Doman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 2:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Your 220 Mhz article

I'm really happy that Booth &Associates placed pictures on their web
site.
 
After reading your MRT column, I became quite infuriated, especially
since I just bought a new 220 Mhz ham radio.
 
So don't be surprised if someone pummels you with assorted paintball
colors or pours a chocolate milkshake laced with food dye over your head.
 
I don't normally believe in any kind of violence of any kind, but you
deserve some type of retribution for your article.  Maybe a bit of blue
dye so that you will look like a Druid.
 
Since your employers put such excellent directions on their web page, I
would look over my shoulder if I were you.  The hamburgerler may be
launching a spray of mustard and ketchup on you.
 
Shame on you.  

--------------------

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/