Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Training Conference - Mobile and Wireless Solutions - November 13, 2002

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:55:36 -0500

To:      [email-masked]

TRAINING CONFERENCE - MOBILE AND WIRELESS SOLUTIONS

Homeland Defense Training Conference 
Event Produced by Market*Access International, Inc.

WHEN:  November 13, 2002

WHERE:

Executive Conference Center
NRECA Building
4301 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22203

Time: 7:00 AM Registration
Program Starts: 8:00 AM
Wrap-up: 5:00 PM

Continental Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch included.

HOTLINE AVAILABLE - Call 703-807-2027 to view the most current AGENDA and to learn how you
can register on-line. 

*** SPECIAL NOTE:  We have three conferences planned in November and December 2002.  These
include:

*  Homeland Defense:  Mobile and Wireless Solutions Nov 13, 2002, Arlington, Va.
*  Homeland Defense:  Protecting America's Infrastructure - Cyber Defense Nov 19, 2002,
Arlington, Va.
*  Homeland Defense:  Information Sharing December 4, 2002, Arlington, Va.

PLUS ...

*  Homeland Defense:  Federal, Regional and State Strategies, Colorado Springs, Colo, Jan
14-16
*  Global e-Government with Department of State, Washington, D.C. Nov 20-22, 2002

SPEAKERS CONFIRMED: 

*  US SENATOR CONRAD BURNS (R-MT), advocate of emergency responder communications and
member of the Senate Appropriations Committee 

*  KATHLEEN HAMM, Deputy Chief, Wireles Telecommunications Bureau, FCC

*  ANDREW KREIG, President, Wireless Communications Association International (WCAI)
[Industry Keynote Speaker]

*  MICHAEL D. DUFFY, Director, Telecommunications Services Staff and Wireless Management
Office (Executive Director for the Justice/Treasury Integrated Wireless Network (IWN)
Program), US Dept of Justice

*  CHRISTOPHER LEWIS, Telecommunications Specialist, Office of the CIO, Dept of Interior

*  GARY D. AMATO, Deputy Chief of Technology and Programs, National Communication System

*  SABRINA CRANE, Program Manager, GSA Federal Technology Services

*  TOM ABBATE, Communication Directorate, Advanced Technology Office, Communications
Electronics Command, US Army 

*  WAYNE JANSEN, Principal Scientist, Computer Security Division, NIST

*  CAROLYN JONDAHL, Senior Government Account Manager - DOD, Research In Motion,
RIM/BlackBerry

*  CHRIS RANGLE, Assistant Vice President of Marketing, Alvarion, Inc. 

*  GREG MEACHAM, Director, Federal Sector, Nextel Communications

SPEAKERS WILL REPRESENT:

Government agency applications of mobile and wireless technologies Communication managers
and program analysts Technology development leaders representing academic efforts and
private sector research and development programs and devices dedicated to mobile and
wireless solutions.  These speakers will provide attendees with up to date reports on
current local and national programs, new technological advances, demonstration project
updates, common challenges and the outlook for the future.

ABOUT MOBILE AND WIRELESS SOLUTIONS

>From townships to federal agencies, mobile-wireless technology is making inroads into traditional government business, public safety and operational solutions.

Government IT Executives are quickly recognizing the exciting opportunity to extend their
reach beyond the web to devices like cell phones, handheld computers, interactive pagers,
Palm Pilots, and other PDAs.  The commercial growth potential for this market is just
about to explode.  IDC Research projects that 61.5 million people will be using wireless
devices to access the Internet in 2003.  This is a 728% increase from the 7.4 million
users today.  Government business applications of wireless will track this explosive
growth.

Products and solutions that address wireless security, business continuity, reliability
and disaster recovery will experience high growth due to the recent terrorist attacks and
the need to improve communications and security.

CONFERNECE GOAL

Market*Access will host a training conference for industry and government focusing on
agency needs and requirements in Mobile and Wireless Solutions in the area of Homeland
Defense.  This will be a public-level series of training presentations on the challenges
ahead. Speakers will represent federal agencies and leading security, equipment and
systems suppliers.

The goal of this meeting is to begin to prepare U.S. government and industry for the
changes that will come about regarding mobile and wireless solutions for Homeland Defense.

EXHIBITORS WILL INCLUDE

*  Wireless and mobile solution providers
*  Mobile and wireless communications
*  Security planners
*  Federal systems integrators
*  Network and Systems Security Training and Consulting
*  Disaster recovery and facility security

WHO SHOULD ATTEND

*  Agency IT Executives
*  Agency mobile and wireless program managers
*  Tele-work and Telecomm Directors & Managers
*  Functional area managers using mobile computing
*  Wireless and mobile solutions providers
*  Federal systems integrators and solutions providers
*  Federal, State and Local CIOs and IT teams

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN

*  Understanding new programs, issues and requirements
*  Strategies for mobile and wireless applications
*  New products in development and on the drawing boards in terms of Mobile and Wireless
Solutions
*  New initiatives being planned at the federal, state and local levels.
*  Civil agency organization and planning
*  R&D Initiatives

POINTS OF CONTACT:

For information on SPONSORSHIP arrangements, please contact Mr. George Groesbeck,
406-723-3488

For REGISTRATION or general information about this event, please contact Mr. Parrish
Knight, 703/807-2748.

**** THERE IS LIMITED SEATING SO PLEASE REGISTER EARLY ****

REGISTRATION FEE

*  Industry - Credit Card or Check in Advance $595
*  Government - Credit Card or Check in Advance $395

*  Fax: registration form to 703-807-2728.

*  Mail: registration form to:

Market*Access International, Inc.
Attn:  David Dickson
4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003
Arlington, VA 22203
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** REGISTRATION FORM ****

Mobile and Wireless Solutions - November 13, 2002

Attendee Name:
Title:
Company/Agency:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Email:
Telephone:
Fax:

Registration Fee:

*  Industry - Credit Card or Check in Advance $595 
*  Government - Credit Card or Check in Advance $395 

Note: Payment requested in advance.

Please check one of the following as your form of payment:

[ ] Check

Make checks payable to: Market*Access International
Send to: Market*Access, 4301 Wilson Blvd. #1003, Arlington, VA 22203

[ ] VISA        [ ] MasterCard         [ ] American Express

Account Number: ___________________________Exp. Date___________________
Cardholder Name: ______________________________________________________
Signature (required) or telephone order

I am interested in continuing to receive updates and information by email regarding future
conferences in this area. Select one:
_____Yes _____No

Registration: Call Parrish Knight (703) 807-2748

Fax this form to 703-807-2728. Thank you.

To register and pay on line, call our hot line at 703-807-2027 for instructions.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/