Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Congratulates Adelstein on FCC Post

From: Marcel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:27:11 -0500

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-15-2002/0001842314&EDATE=

--

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Verizon Congratulates Adelstein on FCC Post

WASHINGTON, Nov. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Background: The U.S. Senate late
yesterday confirmed Jonathan Adelstein as a member of the Federal
Communications Commission, filling a long-standing vacancy. The following
statement may be attributed to Susanne Guyer, senior vice president for
Federal Regulatory Affairs at Verizon.

"Jonathan Adelstein is a competent, capable policymaker who knows how to
get things done. We're very fortunate to have him on the commission during
this time of change in the telecommunications industry. We know he grasps the
importance of the issues, understands their impact on consumers and the
nation's economy and realizes that prompt decision-making is essential in the
fast-moving information world. His ties to rural America will bring another
perspective to the FCC; and as the telecom company that has the most rural
customers, we look forward to working closely with him."

Click here

SOURCE Verizon

Web Site: http://www.verizon.com

Company News On Call: Company News On-Call:
http://www.prnewswire.com/comp/094251.html

Issuers
of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of
the content.

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.

A United
Business Media company.