Subject: [Mobopts] Reviews on draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-01

From: "Fan Zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:52:05 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Christian and Dear Jari,

I have read draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-01 (and the 
00 version before), the new version looks very good to me. 
Thanks for your excellent work.

I have the following comments:
1. The paragraph at the end of page 19, “It should be 
mentioned that …” is very similar with the next paragraph. 
Remove one?
 
2. Is it better to list section 7.6 “Future Research” as a 
separate section, e.g. section 8? 

3. Security analysis does not distinguish between eavesdropper 
and man_in_middle. There are situations where malicious node 
can only eavesdrop rather than intercept the message, for 
example, in the Internet exchange point, ISP router may not 
select a malicious router as the next hop because of its policy 
but the malicious router can still eavesdrop the data traffic. 
MIP6 network is a little bit less secure than normal IPv6 network 
because an eavesdropper can turn itself into a man in the middle. 
This also brings out another topic: how to detect the attack 
reliably and without interfering other optimization approaches.

4. Hash chain could be an alternative to home address test (or in 
other words, authentication of identity). It should be listed in 
section 6, Enhancements Toolbox.

5. draft-zhao-mobopts-rr-ext-00 discusses about the security 
and performance improvement. It should be added to the reference 
section.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
fan

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts