Subject: [Mobopts] I-D ACTION:draft-weniger-rota-00.txt (fwd)

From: "Kilian Weniger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:37:11 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to request comments for the I-D "draft-weniger-rota-00.txt",
which describes an optional extension to Mobile IPv6 providing both
location privacy (hiding CoA from CN) and route optimization at the same
time. The main scenario addressed by this I-D is MN-to-MN communication,
where the use of standard bi-directional tunneling to achieve location
privacy results in lengthy routes in many cases (due to routing over two
HAs). 
The solution does not require visited network support, change of MN's
home link, or changes to the MIPv6 ND packet interception operations.
Security issues are discussed as well.

Thanks,

Kilian

----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Route Optimization and Location Privacy using
Tunneling Agents (ROTA)
	Author(s)	: K. Weniger, T. Aramaki
	Filename	: draft-weniger-rota-00.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   Mobile IPv6 can either provide route optimization or location privacy
   from CN by using Bi-directional Tunneling mode.  Especially when
   mobile node is far away from home or when correspondent node is
   mobile as well, the route in Bi-directional Tunneling mode is far
   from optimal.  This memo describes an optional extension to Mobile
   IPv6 providing location privacy and route optimization at the same
   time.  To achieve this, the overlay route in Mobile IPv6 Bi-
   directional Tunneling mode is optimized by switching tunnel end-
   points to so-called Tunneling Agents in an on-demand manner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weniger-rota-00.txt

------------------------------------------------------------
Dr.-Ing. Kilian Weniger
Panasonic R&D Center Germany GmbH,
Monzastr. 4c, 63225 Langen, Germany
phone:  +49 (0)6103 766 137
fax:    +49 (0)6103 766 166
e-mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts