Subject: Re: Re: [Mobopts] New topics for the RG

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:25:12 +0000 (GMT)

Rajeev,

>I have seen interest in this topic. However, I think the topic is
>more than just end-to-end event notification (Disclaimer: I have not
>read the latest version). It could affect traffic on the Internet. 
>So, before we could go ahead with the solution(s), we need to
>carefully look into the broader problem, including "cross-layer
>design" implications, congestion-control etc. Would you be 
>interested in looking into those first? 

>ps: A while ago, MIP group looked into the problem of end-to-end
>QoS problem definition and requirements. I feel the problems are
>similar.

Your mention seems to me that we can not solve
this issue within ietf-related WG, so my suggestion
is...

Shall we try to achieve this task including problem 
definition,requirement and solution in this RG ?

Or do we need a new group (either ietf or irtf) ? 
 
thought ?

Regards   
 
Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:38:00 -0700

>definition,requirement and solution in this RG ?
I think if there is interest in looking into the broader problem,
it is worthwhile for MobOpts. Especially interesting would be
the experimental results. My only caution is understanding the
problem and its implications should take precedence over
solutions.

-Rajeev