Subject: [Mobopts] Re: Meeting in Paris

From: "Fan Zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:32:14 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Rajeev,

We have submitted a draft about RR test improvement
and we would like to request a time slot:

1. Title: Improvement on Security and Performance 
of MIP6 Return Routability Test
(draft-zhao-mobopts-rr-ext-00)

2. Time: 15 min

3. Summary:
In this draft, we propose several extensions to improve the security 
and performance of MIP6 Return Routability test. Our proposal enables 
CN and MN to promptly and reliably detect the on-path attack and 
reduce the signaling overhead in a secure, efficient and back-compatible
way. The core idea is to use hash chain to replace home test procedure 
in some circumstances and we carefully integrate hash chain into 
original MIP6 RR test without introducing new vulnerabilities. Although
it does slightly increase the management cost of CN, we show that 
the extended RR test is more secure and more efficient than 
other approaches. 

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
fan

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts