Subject: [Mobopts] Preliminary Call for Papers: MobiArch 2006

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:28:32 +0200

Dear colleagues,

Please find below the preliminary call for papers for MobiArch'06
workshop. Our appologizes if you receive multiple copies.

Best regards,
Xiaoming Fu

--------------------------------------------------------------------
           The First IEEE/ACM* International Workshop on
    Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2006)
            held in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2006,
           San Francisco, CA, USA, November/December 2006
        http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/
             (* - IEEE/ACM sponsorship pending approval)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail contact : [email-masked]

CFP in printable pdf format can be downloaded in
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/Cfp_MobiArch06.pdf

Scope:
=====
With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, terminal and network mobility have become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and this is likely
to continue in the near future, while affecting the way of the whole
Internet architecture design. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimizations, locator-identifier split, multi-homing,
security and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles and business models will require rethinking due to
the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

The MobiArch'06 workshop solicits papers, both from researchers and
practitioners, dealing with architectures, protocols, and experiences
with emerging technologies on mobility support in the Internet, with an
emphasis on new mobility protocols, mobility and location management,
mobile network performance, multi-homing, security, architectural
impacts and deployment considerations.

The workshop will include presentations and discussions of accepted
technical papers, as well as invited talks and panel sessions.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Original contributions are solicited in all aspects of architectural
issues and system support for mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:
- Mobility impact on the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link layer, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Locator/identifier split, multihoming and load sharing issues
- Security and privacy issues in mobility networks and impacts to
Internet architecture
- QoS and middlebox issues in mobility networks and impacts to Internet
architecture
- Economic and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure designs

Submissions:
===========
Submissions should be made to MobiArch'06 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/4920, following the guidelines in MobiArch'06 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/

Important Dates:
===============
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2006
Acceptance Notification: August 31, 2006
Camera-ready version due: September 27, 2006
Workshop: One-day in GLOBECOM 2006 (to be announced)
GLOBECOM Main Conference: November 27-December 1, 2006

GENERAL CHAIR
=============
Jon Crowcroft, U. Cambridge (UK)

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
=================
Xiaoming Fu, U. Goettingen (DE)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (US)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Jari Arkko, Ericsson (FI)
Raouf Boutaba, U. Waterloo (CA)
Jon Crowcroft, U. Cambridge (UK)
Wesley Eddy, NASA/Verizon (US)
Xiaoming Fu, U. Goettingen (DE)
Ivano Guardini, Telecom Italia Lab (IT)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (US)
Dieter Hogrefe, U. Goettingen (DE)
Yuming Jiang, NTNU (NO)
Cornelia Kappler, Siemens (DE)
Ben Liang, U. Toronto (CA)
Meng How Lim, Intel Research Cambridge (UK)
John Loughney, Nokia Research Center (FI)
Joerg Ott, Helsinki U of Techology (FI)
Charles Perkins, Nokia Research Center (US)
Christian Prehofer, Nokia Research Center (FI)
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia U. (US)
Hannes Tschofenig, Siemens (DE)
Zhi-Li Zhang, U. Minnesoda (US)
Taieb Znati, U. Pittsburg/NSF (US)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information: http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts