Subject: [Mobopts] Presentation requests

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:29:43 -0700

Hello folks,

please let me know if you would like to present at Montreal as soon as
possible. Provide

o title of your talk
o URL to relevant document
o time needed

I am planning to have discussion on MIP - ULP interaction and
Performance and Policy topics as well.

Regards,

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: "Henrik Petander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:29:36 +1000

Hi Rajeev,

I would like to present a draft on an extension for Fast Mobile IPv6,
SafetyNet which addresses the packet duplication and data transmission
overhead issues in bicasting.

The draft is available at :
http://users.tkk.fi/~lpetande/drafts/draft-petander-safetynet-00.txt

I would like 10 minutes for the presentation.  We have an
implementation of the draft and some experimental results on the
performance effects of the selective delivery.

Abstract - "More and more mobile nodes are being equipped with
multiple radios, such as 3G and 802.11. This document specifies
SafetyNet, an extension to Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6 (RFC 4068)
which takes advantage of the additional capabilities of these Mobile
Nodes. Similarly to Simultaneous Bindings for Fast Handovers, the
SafetyNet extension uses bicasting to allow a Mobile Node to continue
receiving packets directly from the Previous Access Router during the
handoff process. In addition, the SafetyNet extension numbers the
packets to enable the New Access Router to only deliver those packets
from its buffer that the Mobile Node has not already received directly
from the Previous Access Router. This reduces the overhead of
bicasting and eliminates the receiving of duplicate packets at the
Mobile Node which may improve TCP performance."

Regards,
Henrik Petander

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:12:25 -0400

Noted.

Regards,

-Rajeev