Subject: [Mobopts] Performance evaluation of L3 transport for IEEE 802.21 protocol

From: Nada Golmie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:56:24 -0400

Hello Everyone,

The IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH) working group is 
developing a set of mechanisms to facilitate migration of mobile users 
between access networks that use different link-layer technologies. 
Among these are mobility managers that create and process signaling 
messages to facilitate handovers. These messages are carried by a 
transport protocol to be defined by the IETF's MIPSHOP group. Both TCP 
and UDP architectures are currently being considered.

The main goals of our study are to evaluate both protocols under 
consideration in order to reveal useful insights and performance trends. 
Performance results based on simulation and analytical models are 
obtained for the L3 transport of MIH messages using TCP and UDP for 
different network scenarios and MIH configuration settings.

•

The slides to be presented at the upcoming MOBOPTS session in Chicago 
are available at

http://www.antd.nist.gov/seamlessandsecure/seam_contributions.html

Best wishes,

-Nada

-- 
Nada Golmie, Ph.D. 
Manager, High Speed Network Technologies Group
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Dr. Stop 8920
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (301) 975-4190
Fax:   (301) 590-0932
Web: http://w3.antd.nist.gov

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts