Subject: [Mobopts] Re: [multimob] multimob@IETF69 Meeting summary

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:41:16 -0500

Hi Marshall,

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

>> Three approaches to multicast mobility were discussed
>>
>> * Remote Subscription
>> * Bidirectional tunneling
> 
> I suspect this could be done using Bi-Dir PIM more or less as is. There 
> would have to be changes to support
> SSM, and Bi-Dir has never been made interdomain, but neither should be 
> that difficult in IPv6.
> 
> If anyone is interested in exploring this, please let me know.
> 
This remark on source-mobility agnostics of Bi-Dir PIM we already
started to discuss in MOBOPTS, cf.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps ... and we
started keeping an eye on it a while ago: it's really interesting!

And yes, we are looking at this and are interested in working a way
further down there ...

For the moment I personally doubt, though, that Bi-Dir can easily be
extended to scale beyond domains.

Anyway, Bi-Dir PIM can at least be embedded in (mobility-agnostic)
hybrid approaches, cf.
http://samrg.org/about/meetings/ietf69/mw69-foilsV2.pdf

Cheers,

thomas

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts