Subject: [Mobopts] CFP: MobiArch'08 - ACM SIGCOMM workshop

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:22:17 +0200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          CALL FOR PAPERS

                         ACM MobiArch 2008
                   An ACM SIGCOMM 2008 Workshop

          *** PAPER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MARCH 17, 2008 ***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         ACM MobiArch 2008

               The 3rd ACM International Workshop on
           Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture

                    An ACM SIGCOMM 2008 Workshop
                 Seattle, WA, USA, August 22, 2008

       http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2008/workshops/mobiarch/

Recent developments in wireless access technologies and mobile devices
are beginning to make widespread user, terminal and network mobility a
reality in the commercial Internet. At the same time, the Internet
architecture struggles to incorporate the functionality that will  
sustain
this increasingly more mobile and more dynamic Internet use. Efficient
mobility management and mobility optimizations, locator-identifier
splits, multihoming, security and related network operation and
management functions are still in the early stages of development. It  
is,
however, already clear that supporting widespread mobility poses to
significantly impact the original end-to-end design of the Internet.

At the same time, critical momentum is building to significantly revise
or even replace the current Internet architecture. Several substantial
Future Internet initiatives have started in Europe, the US and Asia, and
the topic is also actively being discussed in the vendor and network
operator communities. These Future Internet efforts offer the exciting
opportunity to design radically different approaches to supporting host
and network mobility and multihoming, and may eventually lead to an
internetwork architecture with significantly more advanced mobility
features than those that the piecemeal extensions of the current  
Internet
protocols result in.

MobiArch'08 welcomes submissions from both researchers and practitioners
that explore recent advances in architectures, protocols and emerging
technologies to enable mobility and multihoming in the Internet, as well
as concepts and designs to support widespread mobility and multihoming  
in
future internetworks.  Early results, position papers, systems and
measurement papers are particularly welcome.

TOPICS

MobiArch'08 covers all aspects related to mobility in the current and
future Internet, including, but not limited to:

  * Architectures and protocols for mobility support at all layers
    of the Internet protocol stack, as well as cross-layer approaches

  * Novel concepts to support widespread mobility and multihoming
    in a Future Internet

  * Routing and addressing issues (including locator/identifier
    splits) and their impact on the Internet architecture

  * Multihoming, including flow distribution and load-sharing for
    wireless and mobility

  * Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of
    Internet mobility

  * Models for mobility patterns and their experimental validation

  * New wireless technologies and services and their impact on the
    Internet architecture

  * Location management, positioning and data management for
    wireless and mobility

  * Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and
    their impact on the Internet architecture

  * Social, economic, scalability and deployment issues

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Submissions must be no longer than six pages, including all figures and
references, must be in PDF format, and must follow the ACM formatting
guidelines (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
Submissions that do not adhere to these requirements will be rejected
without further review.

Peer review is single-blind; the authors names and affiliations are to  
be
included on the submission. Submissions cannot be previously published  
or
be under concurrent review elsewhere. The submission of position papers
is encouraged; please clearly identify position papers as such when
submitting.

Papers may be submitted at http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6140

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

  Lars Eggert           (co-chair, Nokia Research Center, FI)
  Linda Doyle           (co-chair, Trinity College, IE)

  Bengt Ahlgren         (Swedish Institute of Computer Science, SE)
  Jari Arkko            (Ericsson, FI)
  Marcelo Bagnulo       (University Carlos III of Madrid, ES)
  Olivier Bonaventure   (Université Catholique de Louvain, BE)
  Wesley Eddy           (NASA/Verizon (US)
  Joseph Evans          (University of Kansas, US)
  Ted Faber             (USC Information Sciences Institute, US)
  Stephen Hailes        (University College London, UK)
  Roger Karrer          (T-Labs, DE)
  Rajeev Koodli         (Nokia Research Center, US)
  Donal O'Mahony        (Trinity College, IE)
  Jörg Ott              (Helsinki University of Technology, FI)
  Dipankar Raychaudhuri (Rutgers University, US)
  Dave Thaler           (Microsoft Research, US)
  Ryuji Wakikawa        (Keio University, JP)
  Klaus Wehrle          (RWTH Aachen University, DE)
  Lixia Zhang           (UCLA, US)

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts