Subject: [Mobopts] ID-update of draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:09:12 +0200

Dear all,

we just updated the problem statement ID:

   "Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief Survey"

Abstract

    This document discusses current mobility extensions to IP layer
    multicast. It describes problems arising from mobile group
    communication in general, the case of multicast listener mobility,
    and for mobile senders using Any Source Multicast and Source Specific
    Multicast. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and deployment
    issues for fixed IPv6 networks are summarized. Specific properties
    and interplays with the underlying network access are surveyed with
    respect to the relevant technologies in the wireless domain. It
    outlines the principal approaches to multicast mobility, together
    with a comprehensive exploration of the mobile multicast problem and
    solution space. This document concludes with a conceptual roadmap for
    initial steps in standardization for use by future mobile multicast
    protocol designers.

It should be on the ID directory soon:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-04

but may be immediately downloaded from:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-04.txt

This version is a major update, including

   * a new co-author: Gorry Fairhurst
   * an extended discussion of transport issues
   * an updated L2 section: 4.2.2 802.16 WIMAX
   * many editorial improvements

 From the perspective of the authors this document is now ready for RGLC.

Please continue to push as towards a fine final document :-)

Best regards,

thomas

-- 

° Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° HAW Hamburg, Dept. Informatik
° University of Applied Sciences
° Berliner Tor 7, D 20099 Hamburg
° Germany, Fon: +49-40-42875-8157
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt
_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts