Subject: [Monami6] Accept draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits-02 as WG document ?

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:55:39 +0900

Dear all,

A new version of the document of generic goals and benefits of
multihoming has been posted on the IETF repository
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ernst-generic-goals-and-benefits-02.txt

An HTML version is also available from the Monami6 page:
http://www.nautilus6.org/doc/drafts/draft-ernst-monami6-multihoming-goals-and-benefits-02.html

On behalf of myself and co-authors of the document, I would like to seek
WG approval to accept this document as a MONAMI6 WG document for the
following deliverable:

WG Deliverables:
- A document explaining the motivations for a node using multiple
interfaces and the scenarios where it may end up with multiple
global addresses on its interfaces [Informational]

Goals and Milestones:
Jun 05	  	Submit Motivations and Scenario to IESG

Abstract of draft-ernst-monami6-multihoming-goals-and-benefits

   This document attempts to define the goals and benefits of
   multihoming for fixed and mobile nodes (hosts and routers), i.e. from
   a node point of view, as investigated in the Monami6 WG, and not from
   a site point of view as investigated in the Shim6 WG.  Those goals
   and benefits are illustrated with a set of scenarios.  This document
   is generic in the sense that the benefits of node multihoming can be
   shared by both fixed end nodes and mobile end nodes.  It is intended
   to satisfy the first item as specified on the Monami6 charter and as
   such, working group approval as a working group document will be
   sought.

Thierry.

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6