Subject: RE: [Monami6] Accept draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-04.txtasMonami6 WG Document

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:34:01 -0400

Can you please try to use text format instead of HTML?

  > => I agree with Vijay. In fact, the binding is uniquely identified by the
  >HoA. If you want to add another CoA then the HA would search by the 
  >HoA and *add* another CoA to the binding, instead of the current behaviour,
  >which is to replace the CoA. So, I don't see a need to have another
  >identifier to the binding entry. And you don't need to include the
  >old CoA in the BU.

 >I don't understand. Say you have registered CoA1a for your 802.11b interface. You roam to a new AP/AR >
 >and get a new CoA, CoA1b. When you register CoA1b with the HA/CN, how does the HA/CN know that it is >
 >meant to update CoA1a, as opposed to any other CoA it has for the same HoA or as opposed to additionally 
 >creating a binding for CoA1b? 

=> Quite simple, you indicate that in the signalling. The flow movement
drafts and the bicasting draft show examples of that.

Hesham

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: Vidya Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:46:40 -0500

> Can you please try to use text format instead of HTML?

Sorry :)

> drafts and the bicasting draft show examples of that.

I'll take a look at that, but I must be missing something fundamental,
because I still don't seem to get it :) What do you indicate in the
signaling without includiing the CoA that is meant to be replaced?

Vidya