Subject: RE: [Monami6]FW:I-DACTION:draft-hong-multipleif-mn-pb-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:19:01 +0300

Hi,

>> When you are using the CDMA interface, you may actually need to 
>> handoff between 1x and 1X-EVDO.  I've talked to the guys working on 
>> handset issues for CDMA networks, and they mentioned that this is 
>> related to how some operators choose to deploy their networks.
>
>  Yes, the interworking between CDMA and WLAN is very 
>dependent on the policy of operators. We must consider how 
>some operators choose to deploy their networks. In our case, 
>in Korea, we have already a service that PDA phone (with WLAN 
>interface and CDMA interface) use two access technologies to 
>connect Internet. Until now, the two access technologies 
>cannot be use simultaneously, and there is no service 
>continuity between network interfaces because of the policy of 
>operators. 
>
>  But, gradually, customers and some operators want to use 
>ubiquitous networking and it needs the interworking between 
>CDMA and WLAN and a service continuity mechanism between 
>network interfaces. So, we feel that we must prepare this situation.

Basically, operators & ISPs can always cause trouble - but I think
that this shouldn't be something we design for.  I there could be 
MSPs that live outside of the mobile operator, for example, and you
handle the service continuity via the MSP.  I know one company that
is making a MIPv4 client and hosting the HA for smart phones, for 
example.

John

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6