Subject: [Monami6] flows/binding policies exchange

From: Nicolas Montavont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:21:29 +0100

Folks,

After some private discussions, authors of the following drafts agree  
to work together to merge their work in order to fit to the 4th WG  
deliverable:

     - draft-soliman-flow-move (http://standards.ericsson.net/karim/ 
draft-soliman-mobileip-flow-move-03.txt)
     - draft-nomadv6-mobileip-filters (http://www.ietf.org/internet- 
drafts/draft-nomadv6-mobileip-filters-03.txt)
     - draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering (http://clarinet.u- 
strasbg.fr/~montavont/ietf/draft-montavont-mobileip-ha-filtering- 
v6-00.txt)

Here is a summary of the issues that these drafts try to address when  
we consider flow redirection (let's thank Koojana for this summary):

1. Distribution of flows based on multiple flow distribution and single
flow distribution

2. Criterias that have to be added to identify a flow for the
distribution (Almost all the criterias are based on the filelds of the
header details (as explained in the current drafts))

3. How to  define those criteria (Fixed format /Flexible format)

4. How to inform these criteria (Attached to the BU & BA messages)

5. Should we include dropping a flow feature?

6. Who should distribute the flows? HA and MAP, CN?

7. Who should inform the criteria? MN?

In order to initiate discussion on these issues, feel free to comment  
each issue. Please write emails with subject line  "flow filtering -  
issue XX" to address your comment. We would like to gather results of  
the discussion for the Monami6 session.

Regards,
the chairs.

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6