Subject: [Monami6] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-you-monimi6-management-using-hoa-coa-00.txt

From: "Taewan You" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:37:35 +0900

Folks,

We have submitted an I-D that describes Management for using multiple HoAs
as CoAs.

In this draft, we proposed extended registration mechanism for using
multiple HoAs registration as CoAs. As you know that, this method in
specific situation was referred by Nicolas I-D; Analysis of Multihoming in
Mobile IPv6. But proposed draft should remove this restrict situation for
using HoAs as CoAs. This simple idea is achieved by modify Ryuji's I-D;
MCoA registration. 

At this point, we have important assumption to support extended home
registration using HoA as CoA. 
- The MN equipped with heterogeneous interfaces should have different Home
addresses (HoA) per each of its interfaces. Therefore a home agent within
serving network of relevant specific interface can manage only addresses
information related in the interface.

As a result, we should support reliable accessibility and interface
handover using re-establishment tunneling that means changing serving home
agent, as depicts scenarios in appendix.

However, I know that this document has some problems cause to initial draft.
We would appreciate to hear your comments.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Taewan, You.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Managements for using multiple home addresses as
care-                   of addresses 
	Author(s)	: T. You, et al.
	Filename	: draft-you-monimi6-management-using-hoa-coa-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-10-26

Abstract:
This draft proposes a simple method that multiple HoAs obtained by 
each of heterogeneous interfaces should be registered to home agents 
as like CoAs to support benefits of multihoming, such as ubiquitous 
accessibility, redundancy, and inter interface handover. However, a
protocol for using HoA as CoA was already referred by [ID.Multi_PB]. 
In this draft, we should extend situation that HoAs are used as like 
CoAs, and modify registration protocol for multiple CoAs [ID.MCoA] 
[ID.MMI] to support reliable and robust network connectivity. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-you-monimi6-management-using-hoa-
coa-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6