Subject: [Monami6] Simultaneous location in home and foreign

From: Keigo Aso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:32:10 +0900

Hello all,

I am concerned about the issue which is described in 6.2.3
(Simultaneous location in home and foreign networks) of
draft-montavont-mobileip-multihoming-pb-statement-05.txt.
In order to achieve the goals of Monami6. even if when a MN is
connected to both Home and Foreign networks, I think that a HA should be 
able to be aware of the existence of multiple paths to the MN including 
the path to the MN's interface connected to the home network because
this is necessity for allowing the HA to initiate a change of 
forwarding destination.

With regard to this issue, one available method is that a MN creates 
CoA(home CoA) at a home network and assigns it to the interface
connected to the home network so that it can register it as new 
forwarding destination in addition to other forwarding destinations 
for the interfaces connected to a foreign network and also a HA can
maintain multiple paths to the MN. 
Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Keigo

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6