Subject: [Monami6] multiplecoa-05 - CoA registration, wants/MUST

From: Gábor Fekete <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:08:01 +0300

Hi,

In draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt in Section 3.1
it says:
  "Once a mobile node gets several IPv6 global addresses on distinct
   interfaces, it MUST register these addresses with its home agent
   (home registration).  If the mobile node wants to register multiple
   bindings to its home agent, it MUST generate a BID for each Care-of
   Address and record it into the binding update list entry.  ..."

So, does the MN have to ("MUST") register all its CoAs with its HA
or only "If the mobile node wants to register multiple bindings"?
It is not so clear from this text.

And why is the "on distinct interfaces" note needed?

Thanks,
Gabor

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 07:26:37 +0900

Hi Gabor

At Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:08:01 +0300,
> or only "If the mobile node wants to register multiple bindings"?

If the mobile node wants to register multiple bindings.

> It is not so clear from this text.

OK, I will update the texts.

> And why is the "on distinct interfaces" note needed?

remove this phrase.

thanks for comments
ryuji