Subject: [Monami6] using MH is not a magic "re-use"

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:02:06 +0100

Hi Hesham,

(following your suggestion to read
draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-03.txt)

I still maintain that the argument you made during of presentation
(using MH for flow bindings benefits from re-using existing MH
features) is invalid.

After reading the draft I was wondering whether a MR preferring its
.11 interface for a flow over its .16 interface for another flow
reflects in any way a LFN's preference.  I don't think it's possible.
  Because the flow ID specifies IP addresses (src and dst) that must be
owned by itself.  There is no means for MR to act on behalf of LFN in
this respect, to reflect LFN's preferences.

This is a particular case where claiming use of MH for a new feature
(flow binding) magically takes advantage of existing features (NEMO).

Alex

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6