Subject: [Monami6] draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-03 implementation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:51:03 +0100

Hello everybody at Monami6,

I am implementing Flow Management support in nemo-mcoa following the
draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-03 draft. I am using nemo-0.2-mcoa from
Nautilus as a basis for my implementation. I have succeeded in implementing a
basic flow management support in nemo-0.2-mcoa. I will continue sharing my
experiences in this list.

One of the issues to report is that in the PRO field in fid mobility option. It
is said in the draft that it is a 4 bit field (section 3.1) and hence can carry
unsigned integers from 0 to 15. However the draft also says value 255 should be
put to PRO field in order to "Remove a flow binding". Since 255 can not be
accomodated in a 4 bit PRO field I have used 15 (the maximum 4 bit number)
currently in my implementation and it's working fine.

   Regards,
   Umar Toseef

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6

---

From: "Hesham Soliman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:02:56 +1100

Hello Umar,

Thank you for catching this error and reporting it. We'll fix this in the
next rev. Please keep us posted with more issues. 

Thanks,
Hesham

 > -----Original Message-----
 > From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
 > Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:51 AM
 > To: Monami6 WG
 > Subject: [Monami6] draft-soliman-monami6-flow-binding-03 
 > implementation
 >