Subject: [Monami6] CoA verification for HA

From: "Benjamin Lim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:55:14 +0800

Hi,
 
I have a comment for the monami6-mipv6 analysis draft.
 
RFC 3775 permits MN to have only a single CoA binding at HA at any given
time. So this means if MN (attacker) set ups a DoS on a victim (using
victim's address as CoA), MN can no longer communicate with other nodes
using his HoA. However, in simultaneous bindings, MN can set up DoS attack
on multiple victims, and yet retain one real CoA for communication with
other nodes (possibly HA, to alter filter settings to change victim's
address). 

Do we need to consider some form of CoA verification being performed by HA?
 
Regards,
Benjamin Lim

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6