Subject: Re: [MEXT] RSVP TSPEC for flow-distribution-rules

From: Romain KUNTZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:13:33 +0100

>> I guess you refer to the Extended Flow Information Object.
>> Not only we
>> would like to allow/deny a flow, but we'd like also to specify a
>> tunnel identifier for a specific flow. That may require to define a
>> new object.
>
> => But the tunnel identifier is already known from the BU. So all  
> you need
> to do is to describe the flow, nothing else is needed AFAICS.

I agree if put such option in a BU jointly with a BID option and/or a  
Flow Identification option (from the flow binding draft). Is it what  
you had in mind?

romain

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Hesham Soliman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:56:58 +1000

> Flow Identification option (from the flow binding draft). Is 

=> Not really; there is no need for "such option" above, the use of the BU
itself provides the tunnel end point. Of course I expect the use of the MCoA
and flow bindings drafts together with any flow descriptor, that's the
reasons for their existence. 

Hesham