Subject: [Mpls-interop] editor/author meeting in Ipswich - short tinfo

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:52:57 +0100

All,

after we decided to cancel the Malta interim on MPLS-TP, I
decided to call a meeting with participation by the editors
and contributing authors for the following drafts:

#   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework
#   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal
#   draft-busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework
#   draft-gray-mpls-tp-nm-req
#   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-requirements
#   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements

I also invited ADs and working groups chairs.

This meeting is now confirmed and will be held in:

BT Adastral Park
Martlesham Heath
Ipswich

We will get (and partly have gotten) more detailed information from
Ben who kindly agreed to host the meeting.

I've also closed the possibility to attend the meeting to the people
who actually filled in the doodle and agreed to show up January 20-22.

I will distribute a more detailed agenda. However what I wan to see
happen now is:

1. Ben addresses the comments we have on the mpls-tp requirements
   draft (due next week)
   The intention here to have the document in shape for working
   group last call *after* the Ipswich meeting.
2. The GACH draft authors agree on how the will produce a document
   that is possible to wg last call Jan 7 and ending the LC just
   *before*) the Ipswich meeting
3. For draft-busi-mpls-tp-oam-framework and draft-gray-mpls-tp-nm-req
   (which are not working documents) I want editors/authors
   actively drive the documents to such a state that we can issue a
   poll to make the working group documents after the Ipswich meeting.
4. For draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal, draft-ietf-mpls-tp-requirements,
   draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements I want the editors/authors
   look for the comments from the ITU-T SG15 and as far as possible
   respond to them and issue new versions before the Ipswich meeting.
   Late is better than not :) .

Note that this schedule does in no way preclude the editors from asking
the mpls-tp for comments on their drafts (hint, hint, ...)

/Loa

PS

I'm sorry I'm a bit late announcing this, but I had a home-network
breakdown and a couple meetings this morning so I had not had time
do until now.
The equipment I use in my network comes from a couple if the companies
that participate in the MPLS-TP work, so I count on a couple of
beers in Ipswich ;)

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Redback Networks                      phone: +46 8 632 77 14
An Ericsson Company
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: "Malis, Andrew G. (Andy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:14:56 -0500

Loa and Ben,

For those of us traveling from the US, I assume we would need to arrive
on the morning of the 19th, since there's probably no way to get from
Heathrow to Ipswich in time for the meeting on the 20th (nor would we
probably want to, given the amount of sleep one typically gets when
flying in coach over the Atlantic).

When do you think Ben will have hotel info available? Or would the train
and bus schedules allow staying near Liverpool St. Station and commuting
daily? Any idea on what the estimated train fare is each way? It's not
in the document that Ben sent, or the referenced web page.

Thanks,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Loa Andersson
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:53 AM
To: MEAD team
Subject: [Mpls-interop] editor/author meeting in Ipswich - short tinfo

All,

BT Adastral Park
Martlesham Heath
Ipswich

/Loa

PS

--

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:29:18 +0100

Hi Andrew,

> flying in coach over the Atlantic).

I used this site from the UK national railways to check
times and fares: http://nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/

 From Liverpool street (LST) to Ipswitch (IPS) takes about
1:15 and costs 9 GBP one-way if you buy it on-line via an
agent (it is the cheapest).

Cheers, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:36:01 -0500

That is true. Having done this trip what seems like 100s of times  
over the years, you are guaranteed to a) arrive late on your flight  
that morning and b) experience train failures or strikes along the  
way.  Best to arrive the day before.  I'd advise that if you can swing  
it, to rent a car (with GPS) and simply drive north. Carpool with some  
others if you can, as traffic is terrible on the way south, but is not  
bad once you get outside of LHR.  The car ride takes a couple of hours  
from start to finish. The train excursion is 3 hops and as I said,  
frequently full of mishaps. Having luggage with you along this journey  
is never pleasant either, and will often take you the better part of  
the day when its all said and done!

	--Tom

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:38:45 -0500

Oh sorry didn't answer your question. Yes, you can certainly commute  
between London and Ipswich. The liverpool St. train (when on time)  
takes about 1.5 hours.  Keep in mind that it does not run much past  
11PM, so if you guys want to go out for dinner after working, it is  
sometimes a challenge getting back to London.

	--Tom

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:03:11 +0000

Well, personally I wouldn't want to commute Liverpool Street to Adastral as
once you've added in a taxi to Adastral you're looking 2 hours each way.

I wouldn't paint the public transport option from an airport to Ipwich as
bad as Tom does but driving is my preferred route.  I'd say allow 3 hours
from LHR driving but it will depend on time of day and how you drive.

To answer Andy's questions - Yes I would arrive the day before if possible
for the reasons you state.

I will have hotel information available as soon as I collate it (hopefully
later today).

Train fare from Liverpool Street - Ipswich return at peak time (i.e. Before
9.30 am) is approximately £60, although if you travel outside of peak hours
(after 9.30 am and not between 4pm and 7pm) is it approximately £35.

Need any more let me know.
Ben

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:05:58 +0000

> agent (it is the cheapest).

Please be careful if doing this.  The fares I quoted in my last mail are for
just turning up at the station & purchasing a ticket.

Tickets can be much cheaper if bought in advance but they may also have
additional restrictions (only a particular train, only within certain hours
etc.) so check the small print carefully when booking.

Ben

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:07:08 +0000

> the day when its all said and done!
Speaking as someone born in South London and who has spent
most of his life within the London commuter belt, I must say that I
agree with Tom. Car is definitely best.

Stewart

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:21:33 +0200

Just some advice from someone who has frequently stayed over
a night before going to Adastral Park for an early morning meeting.

I highly recommend Seckford Hall which is in Woodbridge
and less than a 10 minute drive from the BT facility.

Take one of the reasonably priced rooms (which are quite unique,
having previously different functions on the estate).  
They all have free WiFi and include breakfast.

Y(J)S

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:34:25 -0500

Another nice place is The Bull Hotel in Woodbridge:

www.bullhotel.co.uk

	Or the Salthouse in Ipswich:

www.salthouseharbour.co.uk

	--Tom

---

From: Ben Niven-Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:57:24 +0000

Updated document with some hotels.

Ben