Subject: [mpls-tp] MPLS-TP requirements

From: "Jishnu A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:49:23 +0530

Dear Benjamin,

In clause 17C of MPLS-TP requirements
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-requirements-03.txt) I think it
should be better if we align this to SDH as well as Ethernet ring standards
and specify that "MPLS-TP MUST support rings of at least 16 nodes in order
to support the upgrade of existing TDM rings to MPLS-TP. MPLS-TP SHOULD
support rings with more than 16 nodes and MUST provide switch completion
(transfer time) for a failure of a ring link in less than 50 ms for a 16
node network with less than 1200km of ring fiber circumference."

Regards,

Jishnu A

_______________________________________________
mpls-tp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-tp

---

From: "Jishnu A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:04:04 +0530

Dear Benjamin,

This is covered in clause 86 and hence no change is needed in 17C.        

Regards,

Jishnu A

  _____  

From: Jishnu A [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 8:49 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: MPLS-TP requirements

Dear Benjamin,

 

Regards,

Jishnu A