Subject: [mpls-tp] mpls-tp work to be moved into IETF working groups

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:23:14 +0200

All,

we have close down the MEAD team (the MPLS Interoperability Design
team) see the mail that went out earlier today.

The MEAD team has used the terms "editors" in a rather specific way.
Since the MEAD team were set up to kick start MPLS-TP documents the
Editors were a group of people that were charge to drive the document
through the IETF process steps. The contributing authors (other than
the the editors) were listed in Section 1.1. "Contributing Authors".
The editor team were deliberately keep small.

The MEAD team itself supported this through reviews of the documents
when the time was deemed appropriate. The worked well and we took
the first set of MPLS-TP documents to the point where they are in
or very close to IESG review.

As the MEAD team is now closed down we are also abandoning the practice.

We will enter into a practice that we normally use for Internet Drafts.
Each document will have one or more authors, the authors will appoint
one or more editors among themselves. A limit number (5) of authors
could be placed on the first page, the rest in section 1.1. Please note
that it is strong recommendation from wg chairs to keep the number
of people on the first page low, e.g. for process reasons.

It is strongly recommended that we keep the editor teams intact and that
they act as the initial set of authors. Since the MPLS-TP work is very
much a team it is necessary to keep an open door policy when people want
to contribute, on the other hand people who committed to contribute
needs to deliver. We will be working towards a tough schedule.

The MPLS-TP effort will use the existing [email-masked] mailing list.

Given that it will be confirmed by the IESG, the following working
groups are or will be chartered to do MPLS-TP work mpls (lead), pwe3,
ccamp, l2vpn and opsawg. Other groups might be added as necessary.

/Loa

PS

the MPLS-TP wiki is still a useful source of information and the
relevant parts will be kept updated:

http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/misc/mpls-tp/

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13