Subject: [mpls-tp] New draft notification: draft-chen-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-01

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:43:46 +0800

Hi all,

We have just submitted a update of the "Return Path Specified LSP Ping" 
draft, here is the link: 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-chen-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping-01.txt.

This draft defines extensions to the "LSP Ping" [RFC4379] that allow 
selection of the LSP to use for the echo reply return path. Enforcing a 
specific return path can be used to verify bidirectional connectivity and 
also increase LSP ping robustness. It may also be used by BFD for MPLS 
bootstrap signaling thereby making BFD for MPLS more robust.

This draft was present at last IETF meeting, at and after that meeting we 
received many comments and suggestion to this draft, this version has 
resolved the comments and added some new functions according to the 
suggestion. The mainly changes include:

1. Resolved the comments raised from the last IETF meeting and the list,

2. Two new sub-TLVs(IPv4/IPv6 Tunnel sub-TLVs) added: 1) enable that a 
general tunnel FEC could be specified as the return path when specifying a 
particular LSP is inconvenient, and 2) they could also be used by "BFD for 
MPLS" session bootstrap signaling in end-end protection scenario,

3. Partial text rework, hence to make it more readable.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated!

Best regards,
Mach