Subject: inter-area using on <draft-compella-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt> ?

From: Porotsky Sergey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:04:16 +0300

Hello, Kireeti. 

Thanks for this draft, it gets us real possibilities to use early created
LSP-Tunnels (FA-LSP) as "links" for new LSP request. 

I have just a question about OSPF LSAs for FA-LSP.

In section 4.1 you use a reference for draft <Traffic Engineering Extensions
to OSPF> and so, if I understood right, we can use only single area. What do
you think, is it possible to use FA-LSP LSAs outside the area ?    
Regards, Sergey.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [email-masked]    Tel. (972-3)926 1258
>                                                  Fax. (972-3)926 1630
>                                                  16 Martin Gehl St.,
> Sergey Porotsky                            P.O.B. 500,
> Transport Networks Division          Petach-Tikva 49104,
> ECI Telecom LTD                         Israel
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sergey,

> LSP-Tunnels (FA-LSP) as "links" for new LSP request. 

I'm happy you find this useful.  The draft is now an MPLS WG document,
namely, draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy.

> you think, is it possible to use FA-LSP LSAs outside the area ?

There are several ongoing efforts to extend TE across areas.  Once
good mechanisms are available, using FAs outside the area should be
possible.  In fact, FAs are one possible mechanism to do inter-area
TE.

Hope that helps,
Kireeti.