Subject: A site that is a member of multiple VPNs

From: Nimer Yaseen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:23:44 -0500

Assuming the following configuration:
Site-1 is member of VPN-A and VPN-B.
Site-2 is member of VPN-A.
Site-3 is member of  VPN-B.
All CEs-PEs peering are using OSPF.

RFC2547 section 1.5 suggests that all routes learned from Site-1 by
Site-2 and Site-3 will be populated in their respective FIBs.
Is there any scenario where Site-1 does not want to advertise to Site-2
VPN-B's route ?
If so, is this achievable?

--
Nimer Yaseen                           Metera Networks Inc.
Software Engineer                      1202 Richardson DR,
[email-masked]                Richardson, TX 75080
469-330-1705 (O)    972-669-8346(F)    www.metera.com

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:34:39 -0700

Hi Nimer,

> Is there any scenario where Site-1 does not want to advertise to
> Site-2 VPN-B's route ? 

Sure.

> If so, is this achievable?

This is very simple. You can use export map on the vrf to only advrtise
prefixes you want with a given RT.

R.

> Nimer Yaseen wrote:
> Is there any scenario where Site-1 does not want to advertise to
> Site-2 VPN-B's route ?