Subject: MPLS background information

From: "Matos, Joseph A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:08:10 -0700

Hello,

I am a newcomer to the MPLS world would like some to gather some background
information on MPLS. I was wondering if anyone could explain (or direct me
to the appropriate RFC or other reference) the multi-protocol concept used
by MPLS. Also, how does MPLS achieve the goal of being a multi-protocol
system?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jay Matos

---

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:01:50 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

   You can find lot of introductory info. about MPLS in the following
area.

* Refer IEEE Communications Magazine ,Dec'99 issue. You can find lot of
MPLS stuff there.

* U can also refer www.mplsrc.com and IETF MPLS chapter for drafts. 
                                         
                                         Regards
                                        Ramanjaneyulu Y.T. 
----------------------------------------------------------