Subject: MPLS doubts

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:48:25 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
  we are implementing MPLS QoS . We are in design phase. we are using TE
concept in Qos. I got so many doubts in this process. If u already
discussed these things please provide pointer to mail archives.

The following are the MPLS questions.

1. How to establish LSP for QoS ( Voice calls) , I mean whether one has to
create LSps static or dynamic ?

2. If static , when LSPs are created ?. How to handle RSVP-TE requests ,
if there is no LSP between two edge nodes?  

3. If dynamic, Is LSPs are per flow ? or create  LSp for bunch of flows
and as soon as next request comes assign same label and update  available
resource status. ? 

4. Is RSVP-TE supports to carry multiple labels for hierarchical LSps ?.If
so how , because label is carried through 'label' object , it supports
only 1 label i think ?

5. If not how to achieve  hierarchical LSps?

                   Thanks in advance,                            
                                         Regards
                                        Ramanjaneyulu Y.T. 
 
 " A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks
 out."
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
Y.T.RAMANJANEYULU                        |   My other mail Ids:
E-70,INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE         |         [email-masked]
BANGALORE - 560012                       |         [email-masked]
PH: 0091 - 080 - 3092622 ( HOSTEL )      |
    0091 - 080 - 3092568 ( HFCL LAB )    |
                   visit my home page:www2.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~ytr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------