Subject: RE: Multi-LSP Notify in GMPLS

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:51:48 +0100

>>Because the Notify message is sent instead of a regular PathErr
>>message, a node that receives the Notify but does not support it
>>will not get any error indication from RSVP signalling at all!
>
>I think it's worth pointing out that Adrian's version differs 
>from the most recent draft, which says "The Notify message does
>not replace existing error messages. "  I think any attempt to 
>replace base RSVP messages with a notify would be misguided.  
>I don't know if this is what Adrian meant to 
>imply.  (Although this is one reading of the his text.)

Not my intention (except with consent of the LSRs involved).
see my response to Markus.

Adrian

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:40:08 -0400

>see my response to Markus.

The exception is surprising.  Why would you want to remove base (rfc2205 
specified) error messages?

Lou