Subject: RE: ISPs offering VPN service

From: Cor van Rij <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:25:04 +0200

Hi

VersaTel will offer it within the next 6 months

regards

cor

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Juan Diego Otero [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	maandag 4 september 2000 13:04
> To:	MPLS WG
> Subject:	ISPs offering VPN service
> 
> Hi, 
> 
> I would like to know if there is any ISP currently 
> offering (or if it is planning to do it) 
> a VPN service based on MPLS. 
> 
> Thanks a lot 
> 
> Diego Otero

---

From: "S.Matsushima" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:00:43 +0900

Hi,

As far as i know...
There are two VPN services based on MPLS which named SOLTERIA 
provided by JAPAN-TELECOM,and Super-VPN provided by NTT-Communications,
in Japan.

GlobalOne has a international VPN service named Global Intranet VPN,
it's based on MPLS too.

regards.

--
Satoru Matsushima

From: Cor van Rij <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: ISPs offering VPN service
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:25:04 +0200

---

From: "S.Matsushima" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:00:43 +0900

Hi,

As far as i know...

regards.

--
Satoru Matsushima

---

From: "Thomas Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:25:35 -0700

In addition to NTT, I think AT&T announced MPLS based VPN service, which is
based on their ATM infrastructure at that time.

I attached the article that I received that time FYI.

Thomas Huang

FOR RELEASE WEDNESDAY, JULY 26, 2000
AT&T Announces New Portfolio Of Enterprise-Class Networking And Broadband
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services For Businesses
Company Debuts Enterprise-Class Hosting, Public Key Infrastructure and
Network-Based Firewall Services

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. - AT&T announced today a new array of enterprise-class
networking elements to boost the security, scalability, and speed of its
next generation business networks. In a related announcement today, AT&T
said it has enriched its Broadband Business Services portfolio and has
accelerated the
market roll out of its Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) Internet service.

"AT&T is providing businesses with an unparalleled networking environment to
augment the security and scalability of their intranets, extranets and
remote access VPNs," said Kathleen Earley, president of AT&T Data and
Internet Services. "This array of new capabilities meets the diverse
networking needs of all businesses.
We've got it all and it's available today."

"A market renaissance for IP VPNs is just around the corner as service
providers overcome technical and market obstacles that have made IVPN
implementation and selection difficult," said Eric Hindin, vice president at
The Yankee Group. "AT&T's position in the IVPN market is looking very
strong. Based largely on the
strength of its IP-Enabled Frame Relay service, we expect AT&T to take over
the top overall IVPN market-share position by the end of 2000. The service
is extremely popular with existing Frame Relay customers and has sent AT&T's
Frame Relay and IVPN competitors scrambling to build similar services. These
latest announcements contain a number of industry firsts and will help AT&T
maintain that lead, by meeting customer requirements in areas including
higher speeds and more robust security."

For businesses using their Frame Relay networks to carry mission-critical
hosted applications, AT&T is enabling them to connect their networks to AT&T
Internet Data Centers (IDCs). For small- to mid-sized businesses that want
to extend the functionality of their DSL Internet connections, AT&T will
offer them the ability to
create IPSec-compliant broadband VPNs.

For businesses that want to extend the reach and flexibility of their ATM
networks, AT&T has IP-enabled that network and will provide additional
Quality of Service (QoS) functionality using Multi Protocol Label Switching
(MPLS) capabilities. And for businesses that want to establish trading
communities and secure
extranets, AT&T is announcing its Public Key Infrastructure that will allow
business partners, suppliers and vendors using multiple carriers to exchange
digital certificates in a secure and trusted network environment.

In addition, AT&T now will offer DSL access to its market-leading Frame
Relay network, which has been performing at a precedent-setting 99.999
percent ("Five Nines") reliability this year. The company also has developed
a network-based security utility to provide Internet access for businesses
that already use their Frame
Relay networks for intranet applications.

Secure Networks

Broadband VPNs

For small- and medium-sized businesses that want to create IP-based Wide
Area Networks to connect their branch locations, franchises, suppliers and
distributors via dedicated, secure DSL connections, AT&T today announced a
trial of broadband-based VPN services. This service complements the existing
capabilities
offered through AT&T's suite of award-winning Global Remote Access VPN
services and features end-to-end IPSec delivered over "always-on,"
high-speed, multi-user DSL and cable access lines.

This service, currently in controlled introduction, allows users to link to
and share applications via a centrally located managed VPN gateway, which
acts as the termination point for multiple IPSec tunnels. AT&T Broadband VPN
 service will be generally availability in September 2000.

Public Key Infrastructure

For businesses that want to establish trading communities and secure
extranets, AT&T is announcing its Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and will
now offer digital certificates as an option supporting VPN Internet Protocol
Security (IPSec).

The PKI will allow business partners, suppliers and vendors using multiple
carriers to exchange digital certificates in a secure and trusted network
environment. Businesses that need extranets for their suppliers, employees,
and customers can take special advantage of this architecture.

AT&T's Managed IPSec feature provides businesses with a highly secure,
scalable, and interoperable means to globally connect end users across
multiple networks and service providers. Digital certificates are used to
authenticate a user's identity when connecting businesses and their
computers to the Internet. AT&T is building
a PKI to generate, maintain, and manage the digital certificates used for
this service. AT&T plans to offer PKI services in the third quarter of 2000.
Pricing will be announced upon availability.

Network-based Security

For businesses that already use their Frame Relay networks for intranet
applications, AT&T also announced today an Advanced Network Based Security
Utility that extends the functionality of AT&T's existing Network Based
Firewall Service. Now businesses can use their Frame Relay networks to
securely access the
Internet as well as to run intranet applications.

This offer helps businesses leverage their existing Frame Relay networks
without burdening their hub sites and frame VPNs. It eliminates the need for
customer premises infrastructure and for the highly specialized staff
required to administer and to manage that infrastructure around-the-clock.
The utility is hosted in an
AT&T-secured facility with redundant connections to AT&T's Frame Relay and
IP networks. AT&T will conduct market trials of the service in the fourth
quarter of 2000.

Scalable Network Environment

Internet Data Center Connectivity to Private Data Networks

AT&T also will extend the reach of its Internet Data Centers (IDCs) by
connecting them to both the public Internet as well as secure, private data
networks. This means businesses will be able to terminate both private
enterprise VPNs and Internet-based VPNs within AT&T's Internet Data Centers.

This is a tremendous benefit to corporations interested in outsourcing
hosted applications. By connecting AT&T IDCs to its private IP-enabled
high-speed packet services, AT&T will allow businesses to host applications
in an enterprise-class networking environment with industry-leading security
and network Service Level Agreements (SLAs). These network SLAs include a
99.99 percent network availability, a 60-millisecond latency guarantee and
repair times in four hours or less.

This capability will further enhance AT&T's ability to meet the needs of the
ASP marketplace. ASPs can now deploy applications not only on AT&T's
OC192/OC48 IP backbone, but also on its secure enterprise-class private data
network. Shared Frame Relay connections at speeds of 56Kbps and 128Kbps are
available today at AT&T's San Diego, Redwood City, Mesa and New York City
data centers.

AT&T, BT and Concert jointly announced plans in April to invest $2 billion
over three years to deliver seamless, global e-commerce services via a
network of 44 IDCs in 16 countries.

MPLS for ATM

To help businesses address critical internetworking issues, AT&T today also
debuted IP-Enabled ATM. This new feature complements AT&T's existing
IP-Enabled Frame Relay service and means businesses can use their existing
Frame Relay and ATM networks to build IP-based intranets and extranets
without having to build a separate IP network or modify the IP applications
they are using. Both services use standards-based MPLS.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
S.Matsushima
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 4:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: ISPs offering VPN service

Hi,

As far as i know...

regards.

--
Satoru Matsushima