Subject: questions on RSVP-MPLS

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:33:32 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

   we are using RSVP-TE for label distribution. I have the following
questions in this regard. If someone already discussed please provide
pointers in mail archives.

 * MPLS requires label from downstream LSR . Does MPLS generates label or
RSVP-TE generates label for setting LSP ?

  * While using make before break , should we generate new label for new
LSP or use old LSP labels on the common links.
    
    If the same label is used , then how can we use the old resources of
the old LSP?.Also it may happens that we may have 2 reservation states
blocks with same label mapping. The problem comes at common node , where
old and new LSP splits. In this case there are 2 entries in LSR for
incoming label. How to resolve this?. Is this implementation issue or are
there any drafts addressing this problem?.

       Thanks in advance.

                                         Regards
                                        Ramanjaneyulu Y.T. 
 
 " A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks
 out."
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
Y.T.RAMANJANEYULU                        |   My other mail Ids:
E-70,INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE         |         [email-masked]
BANGALORE - 560012                       |         [email-masked]
PH: 0091 - 080 - 3092622 ( HOSTEL )      |
    0091 - 080 - 3092906 ( LAB )         |
                   visit my home page:www2.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~ytr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------