Subject: LDP MIB 07 FEC Table

From: "Atkinson, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:53:25 -0400

I'm trying to understand the purpose of the LDP MIB FEC Table,
which comes under the "mplsLdpGeneralGroup", when the 
"mplsLdpMappingGroup" (where FEC Table used to live) isn't
implemented. Is it intended as a means of setting up LSPs
via row creation? If so, there is no way of associating a FEC
row with an LSP, or of knowing whether the LSP was successfully
signalled. So, what use is the FEC Table if the mplsLdpMappingGroup
isn't implemented?

Regards,
steve atkinson

---

From: "Cucchiara, Joan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:54:51 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Atkinson, Stephen [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 11:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: LDP MIB 07 FEC Table
> 
> 
> 

Hi Stephen,

The FEC table was moved to the mplsLdpGeneralGroup because it doesn't have
a direct dependency on the LSR MIB being implemented which is true of
the other objects in the mplsLdpMappingGroup.

Assuming that the mplsLdpMappingGroup is not implemented, 
there is still a need to solve the LSP issues you mention above, 
which means that these would be in proprietary MIBs.

If a proprietary MIB has a LIB/XC table, they should use this FEC Table 
and map between the prioritary LIB/XC table and the standard FEC table.
As you can see the FEC table is pretty minimal.

   Thanks, Joan