Subject: CE IP address

From: "D'Albenzio Raffaele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 13:10:24 +0200

I have a question about draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-02

In section 12 he says that I can assign to a CE router an address coming
from SP address space or VPN address space.
If the SP want to manage the CE then he must assing to CE an address coming
from the address space of SP.

The question is: if the address space of the SP is a private address space
(e.g 10.x.x.x) and if
the address assigned to the CE is equal to the address assigned to a router
or a client of the
customer VPN (that also have a private address space 10.x.x.x), can I have
any problem of address overlapping?

Thank you,
Raffaele.

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:11:38 -0700

Yes you can and you will have problems as using duplicate addresses in
the same logical network may not be a good idea.

R.

> D'Albenzio Raffaele wrote:
>