Subject: Help for Installing MNS

From: "Mike Badil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:15:23 EDT

Hi everybody

I would like to ask whether anybody installed MNS(MPLS-ns simulator)which is 
at http://www.raonet.com/introduction.shtml .

I did understand what to do in step with step 4 and 8 which are:

in step 4:
///////////////////////
4. Edit 'Simulator instproc init' in 'ns-2.1b5/tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl' file.
     It looks like the following code.     Simulator instproc init args {
          $self instvar linked_mplsnodes_               <<== inserted
           set linked_mplsnodes_ ""               <<== inserted
                 ..................     }

/////////////////////////
What should be in this file, for linux or unix what should I put it.

in step 8:

8. Edit 'NsObject* Classifier::find(Packet* p)' in 'ns-2.1b5/classifier.cc'
    file. It looks like the following code.
     NsObject* Classifier::find(Packet* p)     {
          ..........................
          if (cl < 0 || cl >=  nslot_ || (node = slot_[cl]) == 0) {
               if(default_target_)                    return 
default_target_;
               return (NULL); <<== inserted	  ................          }
          ..........................     }

Again what should we write to this file.

I will be really appretiated If you answer this question.

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.