Subject: MPLS QOS

From: Ramanjaneyulu Y T <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:13:02 +0530 (IST)

hi,

    I am planning to implement MPLS QOS for VoIP with RSVP as signalling
protocol. Please suggest some references for MPLS QOS. If these questions
already discussed please provide poiters to mail archives.

			Thanks in advance,

Regards
YTR

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:45:40 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>, 
> already discussed please provide poiters to mail archives.

These are the basis of the current MPLS/QoS (ie: diff-serv) signaling.

Accepted as a WG doc:

   draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-07.txt

More recent but seeming to have good support (others can say if they
feel otherwise):

   draft-lefaucheur-diff-te-reqts-00.txt
   draft-lefaucheur-diff-te-ext-00.txt

Curtis

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:38:36 +0200

Ramanjaneyulu,

You may also be interested in the "Voice over MPLS Framework" <draft-kankkunen-vompls-fw-01.txt>.

In particular, this describes how RSVP can be used by VoIP Gateways to perform Call Admission Control and how these RSVP signalling can be scaled in a large core (mapping onto Diff-Serv, mapping over RSVP-established Traffic Engineered tunnels through RSVP Aggregation).

Minor note on the status of <draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-07.txt> introduced below by Curtis. This document has actually completed WG Last Call and has been submitted to Area Directors for IESG Last Call.

Cheers

Francois

>   draft-lefaucheur-diff-te-ext-00.txt
_________________________________________________________________
Francois Le Faucheur   
Development Engineer, IOS Layer 3 Services 
Cisco Systems 
Office Phone:   	+33 4 92 96 75 64
Home Office Phone:     +33 4 92 94 00 78
Mobile :               +33 6 89 108 159
Vmail:                 +33 1 58 04 62 66
Fax:                   +33 4 92 96 79 08
Email:          	[email-masked]
_________________________________________________________________
Petra B - Les Lucioles - 291, rue Albert Caquot - 06560 Valbonne - France
_________________________________________________________________