Subject: Re: draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Curtis,

> OK I'll admit it was a trick question.

> In direct relationship to the current thread I can ask the following
> question.  What is the relationship between:
> 
>  draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-00
> 
> and
> 
>   draft-kompella-isis-ompls-extensions-00
>   draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00

draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-00 is the ISIS WG version of
draft-kompella-isis-ompls-extensions-00.
draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00 is the OSPF version of
draft-kompella-isis-ompls-extensions-00; maybe someday it will
be an OSPF WG document.  (Note that OSPF TE is not yet an OSPF
WG document, while ISIS TE is.)

> The authors are the same and they look the same.

By design :-)

> Still somewhat related to this thread since these drafts seem to cover
> the same ground as the ones above I can ask: Are the following
> internet-drafts dead?  (Looks like folded into the above).
> 
>   draft-ashwood-generalized-mpls-signaling-00

Quite alive.  draft-ashwood covers the signalling aspects of GMPLS,
while the above drafts cover the routing aspects.  Not quite the same
ground, but related.

>   draft-rs-optical-bundling-00

Question posed to the MPLS WG last IETF: do we need this, in view
of draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-02 and the unnumbered TE draft?  As
yet unresolved.

> While we're trying to sort out with i-ds are superceded I'll go off
> topic and ask about some others ...

No more trick questions?  :-)

> draft-kompella-mpls-optical-00 is officially expired.

As you say, superceded by various drafts.

> draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-02 looks alive.

Yup.

Kireeti.

---

From: Debanjan Saha <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:28:44 -0500

> of draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-02 and the unnumbered TE draft?  As

I think it will be a good idea to merge all of them into a single
draft. An even better idea would be to have a single draft that 
covers all (read most) TE issues.

Debanjan

-- 
Debanjan Saha                         Phone: 732-923-4264
Senior Network Architect              Fax:   732-923-9804
Tellium Optical Systems               http://www.tellium.com