Subject: nominal label switching operations in a given LSR

From: "Prasad Dasari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:30:52 -0500

Folks,

I am trying to get a feel for the typical number of operations (swap, pop,
push) that need to be done in a given MPLS node in the core of the network.
I am looking for a description of extreme example applications in VPN and
Traffic engineering  and other areas which require multiple operations in a
given node.

For example, I can imagine a fast-reroute LSP that requires a two deep label
stack and a swap and push operation together in the LSR in the reroute
conditions. Can someone give examples of applications demanding more
operations/deeper label stacks?

Thanks,
-- prasad
------------------------------------------------------------
 Prasad Dasari                          email:[email-masked]
 Lucent Microelectronics Group          Phone: (512)502-2877
 Network Processors Division            Fax:   (512)502-2830
 11801 Stone Hollow Blvd Suite 200
 Austin, TX  78758
------------------------------------------------------------