Subject: LDP: no label resources

From: "Kullberg, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:05:45 -0400

When a Notification message with status code NoLabelResources is sent
in response to a Label Request message, should the Message ID field in
the Status TLV be set to the Message ID from the Label Request message?

Alan

---

From: Siddharth Gahlaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alan,

Either way should be fine.
This Notification gives you information about the state of the Label Space
and not a FEC Control Block. But since it has been sent in response to
a request one  may choose to set the  Status TLV Msg ID == Req Msg ID. 

Siddharth

---

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:10:14 -0400

Siddharth,

> a request one  may choose to set the  Status TLV Msg ID == Req Msg ID. 

I disagree.

The No Label Resources notification is sent in response
to a specific Label Request message.  It should include the
Message ID of the Label Request message for which it is a response.
Receipt of the Notification message signals completion of the Label
Request transaction to the sender of the Label Request message.

Bob