Subject: Questions regarding the RSVP-TE and MPLS interaction.

From: Gaitonde Anandprasanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:23:22 +0530 (IST)

I am currently doing a Project in RSVP-TE and MPLS alongwith my
collegue and had several question to ask on these.

I have been reading the drafts for RSVP-TE uptill the most recent one
  that is RSVP_TE 07.txt. 

These drafts have been discussing the various object formats in the
messages used by RSVP-TE and their use.

The draft has mentioned something like  LSP tunnel and a Traffic
Engineered Tunnel. (Page 8). The objects in the Path messages like the
session object and the Sender Template object contains these fields like
LSP ID and Tunnel ID. But how do u realise this Traffic Engineered Tunnel
and LSP tunnel in the MPLS domain.

And once this tunnel is created how do u acheive Traffic Engineering over
it. These things are not very clear to me. and I am confused as to how the
parameters like LSP ID  and Tunnel ID in the RSVP_TE will help me create
an MPLS tunnel (which may be comprised of several LSPs) and also as to how
i engineer the traffic over this tunnel.

What sort of interaction will RSVP-TE and MPLS require between them so
that the various things like LSP ID and TUNNEL ID in the signalling of
RSVP-TE will finally boil down to an MPLS LSP Tunnel or a TE Tunnel being
created.

Please explain as to how this can be realised.

Thanking in advance

Prasanna

                     _____________________________                  
                   _ |ANANDPRASANNA GAITONDE     | _ 
                  / )|COMP. SCIENCE & AUTOMATION |( \
                 / / |D-7,IISc HOSTEL            | \ \
                / /  |INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE|  \ \
              _( (_  |BANGALORE-560012.          |  _) )_
              (((\ \>|_/->___________________<-\_|</ /)))
              (\\\\ \_/ /LAB Ph.(080)3092906  \ \_/ ////)
               \       /HOSTEL Ph.-            \       /  
                \    _/     (080)3092452        \_    /     
                /   /-----------------------------\   \                  
               /  Email Id-                            \ 
              /      [email-masked]         \
	     ---------------------------------------------
            -----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		
*************************************************************************  
| | | | __ ___   _____     __ _    _ __ (_) ___ ___     __| | __ _ _   _
| |_| |/ _` \ \ / / _ \   / _` |  | '_ \| |/ __/ _ \   / _` |/ _` | | | |
|  _  | (_| |\ V /  __/  | (_| |  | | | | | (_|  __/  | (_| | (_| | |_| |
|_| |_|\__,_| \_/ \___|   \__,_|  |_| |_|_|\___\___|   \__,_|\__,_|\__, |
*************************************************************************

---

From: Sudheer Dharnikota <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:07:18 -0700

Hi Prasanna:

 The general concept is "you create the paths with some
 characteristics and later associate who can use these
 paths". MPLS TE will tell ou how to create to these
 paths. You (as an ISP or what have you) have to decide
 how to use them.

sudheer