Subject: Re: OSPF on FA-LSP

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:24:23 -0700 (PDT)

> I am looking for OSPF procedure on Forwarding Adjacency(FA)-LSP. Is
> there any specific work done on that?
> 
> Assume a FA-LSP without any control packet flowing through the FA-LSP.
> 
> In such a case, is it possible to use procedures similar to section 5.1
> in draft-kompella-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt (section 5.1) for OSPF with or
> without un-numbered support?

Why would you want to do this?

Kireeti.

---

From: "Sudhanshu Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:51:24 -0700

Hi Kireeti,

One of the reason is these FA-LSP could be STS switched path but these path
are TDM capable ( e.g STS-48 which is allowed to set 16 STS-3 channel).

For this purpose, one possibility is to have a dedicated Control channel and
let all control traffic flow on it. Or use some other indirect method to
learn route on it.

-Sudhanshu