Subject: RE: draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:18:13 -0700

Curtis,

        See below.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Curtis Villamizar [ mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 12:01 PM
> To: Fong Liaw
> Cc: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
> Subject: Re: draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext
>
>
>
> In message <4D3F9F2BEC58D4118FCE009027B0A662079EAE@ICARIAN>,
> Fong Liaw writes:
> >
> > Thanks for the info and URL. Here is URL for MPLambda attributes
> > specification.
> >
> > SRLG, Link Protection Type, Priority, Bandwidth defined in
> >
> >
>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00.
txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00
.txt> 
>
> Link Muxing capability (Packet, tdm, wavelength, fiber switch) defined in
>
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-00.txt

OK I'll admit it was a trick question.

In direct relationship to the current thread I can ask the following
question.  What is the relationship between:

  draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-00

and

  draft-kompella-isis-ompls-extensions-00
  draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00

The authors are the same and they look the same.

The draft draft-ietf-isis-gmpls-extensions-00 seems to be the working 
group version of the draft draft-kompella-isis-ompls-extensions-00 -
with the proviso that it is now "generalized" as opposed to specific to
MPL(ambda)S. The minutes from the IS-IS and MPLS WG meetings
are not yet available (as far as I know), so not much more than this
is "well known" at this point.

There is no mention of accepting the OSPF extensions as a working
group document in the minutes of the OSPF meeting, nor can I find
any evidence that this was done on the OSPF mailing list. The draft
itself is not in immediate danger of expiring, since it expires next year.

Still somewhat related to this thread since these drafts seem to cover
the same ground as the ones above I can ask: Are the following
internet-drafts dead?  (Looks like folded into the above).

  draft-ashwood-generalized-mpls-signaling-00

No. This was accepted as a working group draft and is part of the 
basis for draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.  The latter draft makes
no attempt to replace or supercede the former.

  draft-rs-optical-bundling-00

I don't believe so. It lists issues/considerations for link bundling and
consequently it is up to the authors to determine whether or not it
still has some useful purpose. As you probably know, the authors
are Bala Rajagopalan and Debanjan Saha.

While we're trying to sort out with i-ds are superceded I'll go off
topic and ask about some others ...

draft-kompella-mpls-optical-00 is officially expired.  I think this is
folded into the drafts above and so won't be resurected (content
appears in the mpls-lsp-hierarchy draft which is WG stuff).

draft-kompella-mpls-bundle-02 looks alive.  This isn't folded into
some newer draft unless I missed it.  Is it still alive?

I believe so.

Curtis

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:31:20 -0700

Eric Gray wrote:

> > From: Curtis Villamizar [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-ospf-ompls-extensions-00.txt
> >

Detailed minutes for the IS-IS meeting have been sent out a while ago to
the list, check the archives please.

Draft has been accepted in the aftermath of the meeting after
private discussions between some of the authors & the chairs

    thanks

    -- tony