Subject: RE TE link between PXCs

From: Jonathan Lang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:04:18 -0700

Myunghee,

1) A TE Link is assigned an Id by both nodes.  If the link is numbered,
these Ids must be unique within the Area; if the link is unnumbered, these
Ids must be unique within the node.  For example, if nodes A and B are
connected by a single TE link, node A may assign the TE Link Id = 4 and node
B may assign the TE Link Id=7.  The Local TE Link Id is the Id assigned by
the node sending the message.  For example, if node A is sending a
ChannelFail message to node B, the Local TE Link Id =4.
2) This is a local decision based on policy.  LMP LinkSummary message can be
used to ensure the assignment is consistent between the adjacent nodes.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Myunghee Son [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 5:14 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: TE link between PXCs

Hello, all.

On page 15 in draft-ietf-mpls-lmp-02.txt, the TE link is defined a number of
data links
between two nodes. 

Related to this fact i have two questions.
1) In ChannelFail msg and ChannelActive msg, what is local TE link id?
2) If there are many data links between two PXCs,  how can i divide them
into some TE links or one TE link? 
    
Best regards,
Myunghee.