Subject: End of LSP

From: "Denon8000 !!!" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:21:31

Hi,
When a LSP is being setup by LDP, how does LDP running on the egress LSR 
determine that it is the egress for the LSP being setup so that it
can send label binding back. Is there some configuration parameter which
tell the LDP that it is running on the edge of the MPLS network.
regards, Mike
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:55:31 -0400

'Mike',

    There are several ways that an LSR might know that it
is the egress for an LSP, including configuration.  Simplest
is if the LSR looks at the next hop for a specific FEC, and
the interface associated with this next hop is not MPLS
capable, MPLS is not enabled or the next hop itself is not
a peer LSR (as determined, for example, by having a peer
session [LDP]), then the local LSR must be the egress for
LSPs associated with this FEC.

--
Eric Gray