Subject: Re: load balancing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:34:19 +0530

Hi Gao,

You may refer the following drafts

1. Policy-Based Load-Balancing in Traffic-Engineered MPLS Networks
This draft is available online at
http://www.watersprings.org/links/mlr/id/draft-wright-mpls-te-policy-00.txt

2. Traffic Engineering of Load Distribution
This draft is available online at
http://www.watersprings.org/links/mlr/id/draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt

Regards
Mohit Goel

"Gao Deyun" <[email-masked]> on 04/25/2001 07:28:26 AM

Please respond to "Gao Deyun" <[email-masked]>

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Mohit Goel/HSS)

Subject:  load balancing

Dear all,

   We can do load balancing in MPLS networks, but how to distribute load in
several LSP? Who know it, please tell me some papers for reference.
   Thank you in advance,

Deyun Gao

--http://www.eyou.com
--??????????????????????  ????????  ????????  ????????  ????????...????????

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:05:33 +0530

hi gao!
     apart from what has been already said the key thing in that shall be teh
following

1. most probably you will have to us liberal retension mode to retain alternate
LSP paths to different destinations.
2. idealy DU mode should be the least costly in this kind of solution.
3. Algorithms for determining the load sharing would depend on the kind of
traffic needs you want to support like whether you want to maximise or optimise
output amound LSPs etc.

regards
sumit

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  load balancing

Dear all,

Deyun Gao

--http://www.eyou.com