Subject: PathErr processing in GMPS RSVP-TE

From: "Quan Sun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:13:45 -0400

RSVP [RFC 2205] specifies the intermediate node may inspect the PathErr 
message, but should not take any action upon it. GMPS RSVP-TE extends the 
related functionality by introducing a Path_State_removed flag.

A question is:
Does GMPS RSVP-TE introduce any more functionalities involving the PathErr 
message processing besides the above mentioned?

If you read the "Contention Resolution" section of the "GMPS Signaling 
Function Description" draft, you'll find that

'To resolve contention, the node with the higher node ID will win the 
contention and it MUST issue a PathErr message. Upon receipt of such error, 
the node SHOULD try to allocate a different Upstream label. If no other 
resources are available, the node must proceed with standard error 
processing...'

Which means that the node must take further actions upon receiving the 
PathErr message. For the above situation, does it mean that after you 
succesfully allocate another Upstream label, the PathErr message should not 
be passed to the original source node? At least, the current GMPS RSVP-TE 
should make further clarifications about this situation.

Quan

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.