Subject: MPLS 2001 International Conference - Oct. 7-9

From: Rajiv Papneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:32:37 -0400 (EDT)

Dear friends,

  The MPLS 2001 International Conference will again be hosted jointly
by UUNET Technologies and Advanced Internet Lab, and will be held at
the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC, October 7-9, 2001.

  The conference begins with tutorials on Sunday October 7 and continues
with full-day technical sessions on Monday and Tuesday, October 8-9. A
series of public Interoperability demonstrations will follow on October
10-12 at Advanced Internet Lab. Conference information, technical
program, and other details, including the testing and public
Interoperability events will be made available at http://www.mpls2001.com.  

  The technical program for MPLS 2001 will be unique, as were the
programs for previous events in this series. MPLS 98 was the first
conference on the topic of Multiprotocol Label Switching. The 
attendance has continued to grow each year. Last year, at MPLS 2000,
17 sponsors exhibited their products and services throughout the
conference. This year, we have reserved a larger space to accommodate
additional sponsors. If you are interested in securing exhibit space at
MPLS 2001, please contact [email-masked], 703.218.3770 (phone), or
703.218.3780 (fax). Three categories of sponsorship are available.
Exhibit space is limited and will be committed on a first-come,
first-served basis. 
 
  For additional information, hotel reservation, last year's sponsors
please visit http://www.mpls2001.com.

  We look forward to seeing you in the "MPLS 2001 International Conference." 
Thanks.

  Regards,
  - Rajiv

********************************
Rajiv Papneja (GRA)
Advanced Internet Laboratory
George Mason University,
G10, Johnson Center,
Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
Tel: 703.993.4703
email: [email-masked]
********************************

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:05:25 -0400

Rajiv,

I've haven't yet seen a call for program committee participation and/or 
abstracts for talks.  As a member of the program committee and speaker for 
all of the past years of the conference, I certainly would like to continue 
in that role.  I don't think we've had the opportunity to meet in the past, 
so you may not be immediately familiar with my current roles as the chair 
of the MPLS Forum's Technical Committee and their VP of Technology in 
addition to my work at the IETF.  Anyway, I would like to continue to add 
value to the conference.

Best regards,
Andy Malis
Chief Technologist, Vivace Networks

----------

>   We look forward to seeing you in the "MPLS 2001 International Conference."

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis     [email-masked]     phone:408-383-7223
Vivace Networks/2730 Orchard Parkway/San Jose, CA 95134/fax:408-904-4748
http://www.vivacenetworks.com

---

From: Rajiv Papneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:50:47 -0400 (EDT)

Please note that the topics and the technical program for MPLS 2001
will be selected by the Technical Program Committee of the conference. The
TPC will solicit presentations, based on the topics discussed by the
committee, from experts in the selected areas and will invite them for
presentation at MPSL 2001.

  If you wish to bring out a particular topic or a contribution to the
attention of the TPC, you should send your request as soon as
possible to [email-masked].

  If you are considering a proposal for presenation by yourself and
believe your contribution is original and of significant value to the IETF
technical community, you should send an extended summary of no more than
500 words with justification as to why you believe this work is original, or 
will be of signifcant value to the conference attendees, to [email-masked].