Subject: RE: draft-gan-fast-reroute-00.txt

From: "Metz, Eduard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:20:26 +0200

Hi all,

some questions on draft-gan-fast-reroute:

The FAST-REROUTE object includes several parameters for the detour LSP, such
as bandwidth, and include/exclude colors. Are these completely independent
of those for the primary LSP? Or are these supposed to have a relation?

The DETOUR object includes Downstream Node ID, identifying the neighboring
node to route around. This seems to work for all hops, except the
penultimate. Here the detour only can protect the link, also shown in the
picture in section 2. Should there be an exception for this case, or does
the penultimate hop apply different logic when setting up the detour?

cheers,
	Eduard

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:04:05 -0700

> of those for the primary LSP? Or are these supposed to have a relation?

They could be independent. For example, the operators may decide to
allocate less bandwidth to the backup LSP's. On the other hand, the
FAST-REROUTE parameters could be the same the one used in the primary
LSP's. We want to provide alternative options here.
 
> the penultimate hop apply different logic when setting up the detour?

The downstream ID is one of the nodes at downstream from the router,
which could be multiple hops and links away. Of course you can also use
it to protect one link. The logic used at a penultimate hop is the same
as all others.

Thanks!

- Ping