From: Sanjay Wadhwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
The re-route technique mentioned in this draft talks about using the
same sender_template for each detour LSP and the primary LSP. It is
also restricted to use FF style. How would overlapping detours be
handled here ?

 R1 ---- R2 ---- R3 ------ R4 ----- R5 ----- R6
         |       o         |         o
         |       o         |         o
         +------ R7 -o-o-o R8 oooooooo

Lets say R2 and R3 are local repairers.          
R2-R7-R8-R4 (dashed path) provides detour for node R3.
R3-R7-R8-R5 (bubbled path) provides a detour for R4.
Both detours have R7-R8 as a common link. In this case you would want
R8 to send different labels corresponding to the two detours to R7,
since R8 needs to switch packets coming on the two detours out
different interfaces (R8-R4 and R8-R5). If the sender_template is
identical for the two detours how would R8 send two different labels to
R7 (labels go with the filter-spec in RESVs. And I don't see the detour
object being passed back in the RESV to possibly identify the detour) ?

-Sanjay

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
http://auctions.yahoo.com/