Subject: Re: Label distribution mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:01:05 +0530

hi Vijay!
     as far as my understanding goes there is no harm in maintaining two
diffrent modes of operation with two diffrent peer entities. The RFC does not
state otherwise( neither in favour too!!!). I guess this has a definite
value-add in terms of providing for a heterogenously configured network. But
then again this would complicate the software in terms of its control and
functioning. I guess it is up to the user to decide if its worth the effort. ;o)

ciao
sumit

"Vijayanand C" <[email-masked]> on 04/18/2001 02:34:01 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   [email-masked] (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  Label distribution mode

Hello,
I have a question in LDP.

Suppose, we have a per-platform label space entity bound to PPP and Ethernet
interfaces. Assume that the entity has been configured for Downstream on
demand and a session is already established with a peer. Now, while
establishing a new session with another peer, if that peer says Unsiolicited
mode in the Init message then the RFC says that we have to use Unsolicited
only. However the entity has been configured for ON-DEMAND and a session
with another entity is already running for that entity. How do we handle
this situation? Should we have another enity for this session and have a
one-to-one relationship between entity and session. Or can we treat this as
mis-configuration and reject the session establishment attempt.

Regards,
Vijay