Subject: Route Pinning Doubt

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:15:37 -0700

Hi All,
        Is anybody using Route Pinning in the MPLS network ? If yes, what 
are the benefits of using route pinning ?
Is route pinning applicable once the CR-LSP gets established ?

Following is my understanding regarding Route pinning :

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Once the LSP gets established and then afterwards if better nexthop
becomes available and route pinning is requested along the path, u don't 
change the CR-LSP path (only the loosely routed portion of LSP).

Is the nexthop change procedure same for both LSP and CR-LSP ?

Is there any option in LDP that once a LSP gets established and subsequent 
better next-hop changes should be rejected (like route pinning in LDP 
inaddition to CR-LDP)?

Thanks,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:59:03 -0700

Manoj,

One application of route pinning I know of being used is following:

* Establishment of TE-LSPs with dynamic path options (ERO calculated on
the headends with cspf)
* Recording the routes from RROs (route pinning)
* Setting explicit TE-LSPs with the recorded EROs.

I don't know of any use of signalled "route pinning" as you are
describing below.

R.

> manoj juneja wrote: