Subject: RES: VPN/MPLS question

From: "Loureiro, Rodrigo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:51:39 -0300

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response.

>> system. Once i have only 1014 private as-numbes, this could represent a
>> scalability problem, for example, if i think about a big extranet client.
Is
>> it correct?

>Not at all. There is a feature (at least in cisco) allowing you to
>automatically overwrite AS numbers of your VPN sites (with the provider
>AS) by PE so all of the given VPN sites could use the same AS number.

I thought about use "remove-private-as" in the edge, but it doesn´t remove
the private as-number of the as-path field, if the neighbor which will
receive the advertisement is the same as the one i would like to remove.
Could you tell me what feature are you talking about?  

Regards,
--

Rodrigo

---

From: jim guichard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:22:38 +0100

Rodrigo,

the feature you need is called AS Override - you can configure it under the 
vrf address family via 'neighbor x.x.x.x as-override' . Hope this helps. Jim

>Could you tell me what feature are you talking about?

Jim Guichard CCIE #2069
Technical Leader EMEA

+44 208 756 8806
Mobile: +44 7802 809763