Subject: What are in LIB?

From: Xu Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:17:51 +0800

hi,everybody

	I'am wandering what should be contained in the LIB, and how to represent NHLFE.
	Anybody can explain it to me?
	Thanks!

	Best regards!

            [email-masked]

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:54:08 -0400

Xu Peng,

    See section 3.10 - "The Next Hop Label Forwarding Entry (NHLFE)" -
of RFC 3031 ("Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture") for a list of
the contents of the NHLFE.  Note that this is an architectural document
and - even if it were a protocol specification - it lists the information
needed in order for an implementation to behave predictably with respect
to MPLS protocols.  In other words, your implementation may store more
than this in an NHLFE equivalent 'record' or it may store this information
in some other way - as long as your implementation ultimately behaves as
if it has this information in this form.

    You can find more discussion of this in various literature on MPLS.

--
Eric Gray