Subject: Re: Label Aborting..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:17:54 +0530

absolutely corect i guess ;-)

-sumit

"chetan kumar s" <[email-masked]> on 04/19/2001 10:59:28 AM

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  Label Aborting..

Hi,
     I was looking thro' the rfc 3036.

At section 3.5.10 (page 73) it is mentioned

   If an LSR receives a Label Abort Request Message after it has
   responded to the Label Request in question with a Label Mapping
   message or a Notification message, it ignores the abort request.

And in thge Appendix at Page 106 it is mentioned.

      LAbR.6  Generate Event: Received Label Release Message for FEC
      from MsgSource.  (See Note 2.)
      Goto LAbR.11.

I feel that we have to follow what is mentioned in the section  3.5.10,
since it makes sense for the upstream(MsgSource) to release the Label
explicitly based on its retention mode. Let me know how do U think ??

Thanks
Chetan S

___________
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man.
                -- George Bernard Shaw