Subject: RE: Two signalling protocols (LDP & RSVP)

From: "Gabor Korossy (ETH)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:34:30 +0200

Hi,
in Tag Switching, there is no concept of LSP.
You were probably mixing standard LDP with proprietory TDP (Tag Distribution Protocol).

Check out the "LDP Specification":
..."The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) defined in this document is a
   new protocol defined for distributing labels.  It is the set of
   procedures and messages by which Label Switched Routers (LSRs)
   establish Label Switched Paths (LSPs) through a network by mapping
   network-layer routing information directly to data-link layer
   switched paths..."

/Gabor

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Soumen
Sarkar
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 6:31 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Two signalling protocols (LDP & RSVP)

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Anil Gunturu wrote:

>
> Hi,
> Is it possible to run both LDP and RSVP on the same interface? If it is
> possible can they be using the same label space?
> -Anil
>

I didn't understand this. I thought standard LDP does not use LSP. Where is
label space coming into picture for LDP to use ?

---

From: Eric Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:20:47 -0400

> You were probably mixing standard LDP with proprietory TDP (Tag Distribution Protocol).

Yes, but in TDP there's a virtually identical thing called a TSP.  As
it turns out, TDP and LSP are very similar, thought not identical.  In 
general, most of the major things that apply to LDP (like
per-interface vs. per-platform label space, advertisement and
retention modes, etc) also apply to TDP.

eric