Subject: Re: LSP Failure Notification

From: Amir Birjandi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:06:16 -0400

>3.  This address is looked up in the forwarding table (so this is a
>recursive lookup.)
>4.  An RSVP-TE signalled LSP will be found which matches this address.

What If you inject LSPs into your IGP. Would the steps be still as you
described?

Going back to Steve's Q, as mentioned: IP forwarding in his situation.

A.

---

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:01:24 +0100

> What If you inject LSPs into your IGP. Would the steps be still as you

I would guess it'd be pretty much the same - except that the second
lookup would return what appeared to be a direct link to the BGP
next-hop, rather than an LSP?  In any case this link would probably have
a lower metric than going hop by hop so it would be preferred to the hop
by hop path...

> Going back to Steve's Q, as mentioned: IP forwarding in his situation.

Yes.  Which may be a problem if you have an ATM LSR (like Marconi's?) 
Either it won't have the full BGP routes, or if it does it may well end
up doing IP forwarding in software?

Giles

-- 
============================================================
Giles Heron      Principal Network Architect      Gone2 Inc.
ph: +44 7880 506185         "if you build it they will yawn"
============================================================