Subject: Label Value for Withdrawn routes in Update message

From: "sailendra mahanty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:13:57 +0530

Hello,

This is regarding Carrying Label Information in BGP. If this is not
appropriate list for discussing RFC3107 please let me know the proper
mailing list.

Here are the questions i have.

Section 3 of RFC3107 says, The label information carried (as part of NLRI)
in the withdrawn Routes field should be set to 0x800000.
A.
What is the significance of this value, i don't think this value is used at
the time of deletion.
To me it looks like 8 in 0x80000 represents the Bottom Of Stack field ( in
the older version of draft BOS stored in High order bit of  3 octets field,
but it's changed in RFC)
B.
In case of multiple routes ( multiple labels) advertising, if one wants to
remove all the  labels, is it OK to use 0x800000 as the value of the label ?

Regards,
-sailendra.