Subject: Cell interleave and ATM-LSR

From: "MP LS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:06:23 +0200

Hello all,

I have some questions i am courious about,

Because i read the MPLS RFC 3031 i also read the part of cell interleaving. 
I just aks myself how most vendors have solved this problem. Another 
question is how ATM-LSRs use there MPLS signalling.
I know they use VC 32 to send their LDP and IGP information
It is sent in TCP/IP messages. Do they put those TCP/IP messages just in AAL 
5 ?? and do all routers then unpack the TCP/IP packets from the AAL5 frame??

It is a bit confusing to me !!

I'll hope anyone can answer my questions.

Greetings Niels Sitters.

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: "Krishnan, Vijay G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:17:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: MP LS [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 9:06 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Cell interleave and ATM-LSR

Niels,

Cell interleaving is an issue only in case of merging of labels on pure ATM
switches (LSRs). When you merge LSPs in a non-merge capable ATM LSR, the
cells from the two different LSPs get interleaved. VC 32 is for control
packets (unlabelled traffic) and hence will have to be reassembled to IP
packet on each LSR. Therefore no cell interleaving for VC 32.

thanks
Vijay

Hello all,

Greetings Niels Sitters.