Subject: Doubts on GMPLS

From: "Raju Venkatraman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 22:16:50 -0000

Hi,

I was just going through GMPLS drafts and I've some questions. Actually not 
able to understand few things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

* Should the signalling module (control plane) be aware of all the data 
channels/links under its control? In GMPLS, as it would be used in optical 
networks and a no. of interfaces would be present [not all carrying the 
signalling information] between GMPLS-enabled optical nodes, I don't feel 
it's required. The mapping of signalling link/channel(s) to data 
links/channels could be mainatained out.

* Where one would like to maintain the diffserv related intelligence while 
setting up L-LSP and E-LSPs - would it would be assumed to be with routing 
module or signalling module?

I know, these things vary from implementation to implmentation, but just 
wanted to hear your thoughts in this regard.

Thanks in advance.
Raju

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com