Subject: RegardingTraffic parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:59:19 +0500

Hello all,

             Can any one tell me how the resource management traffic
parameters 
             are mapped to the actual link attributes?
             The link attributes only contains the baud rate. And the
request for the 
             resources contains five parameters like PDR, PBS, CDR, CBS,
EBS.
             CDR commited data rate can be directly mapped to the available
bandwidth 
             on the link. But how to say that i can support you this much
amount of PDR ?
             And even if i say that, as the number of reservations on the
link increases the 
             the PDR may change......
             Please tell me how it works and also if any URL's/materials on
it is welcomed.

Thanks in advance
Ashwin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:07:27 +0530

hi ashwini!
     As far as I know PDR is something you are not commiting . its something you
say you might be able to give and hence it cannot be mapped to any QoS parameter
for MPLS. If you exceed ur CDR then you are always eligible to be dropped.

regards
sumit

[email-masked] on 06/08/2001 10:29:19 AM

To:   [email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  RegardingTraffic parameters

Hello all,

Thanks in advance
Ashwin