Subject: question regarding RSVP-TE

From: Jason Rosengren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:25:54 -0400

Hi

I have a question regarding the PATH message and subsequent RESV message in
RSVP-TE.
On sending a number of PATH messages each having  the same tunnel_id and
various LSP-IDs. Should the egress return only one RESV with a number of
filter_specs for all lsp_id or should there be a number of RESVs returned
each with their own filter_spec corresponding to one lsp_id?

Both scenarios seem to be valid.

I hope to get this clarified.

Thanks
Jason

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:36:30 -0400

Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:20:14 -0400
From: George Swallow <swallow>

> Both scenarios seem to be valid.

Both scenarios are valid.  Note also that this actually has nothing to
do with RSVP-TE per se, it is equally true for RSVP.
 
> I hope to get this clarified.

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824