Subject: Per-interface/Per-platform Lable space

From: "krishna mohan doddapaneni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:48:22

Hi,

Is it possible for the same LSR to maintain per-interface label spaces and per-platform label spaces? If it is so can the label spaces overlap?

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:20:01 +0530

hi krishna!
     Well to answer your I would like to say that it is possible to have a
combination such as -
Suppose for a given LSR you have N interfaces and M label spaces (M <= N)
Then it is possible to have a combination that any sub-set of interfaces (MPLS
interfaces) share the same label space. whether you call them per-interface or
per-platform is ur call(I would choose to call them none). The combination of
the set of interfaces that share a label space is totally a local matter as it
primarily depends on hardware and software constraints(ability to distinguish
between labels received from different interfaces and ATM VCI/VPI which are
generally per-interface spaces).
hope it helps!
regards
sumit

"krishna mohan doddapaneni" <[email-masked]> on 06/11/2001 12:18:22
AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  Per-interface/Per-platform Lable space

Hi, Is it possible for the same LSR to maintain per-interface label spaces and
per-platform label spaces? If it is so can the label spaces overlap? Thanks in
advance, Krishna