Subject: Doubt in mpls-generalized-cr-ldp-03.txt

From: "Srikanth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:55:24 +0530

Hi all,

I have a doubt in Explicit Label Control

In section 5.1 (Procedures),

"........If the U-bit of the ER-Hop being examined is clear (0), then value
of the label is copied into a new Label_Set TLV.  This Label_Set TLV MUST be
included on the corresponding outgoing MAPPING message..........."

Topology :

              LSR X   --------------   LSR Y

Consider the scenario, LSR X is processing the Label ER-Hop ( LSR X is a
part of the ER-Hop preceding the Label ER-Hop in the Hop List ). This label
ER-Hop specifies the Label to be assigned by LSR Y ( not in the case of
splicing ). To achieve this, LSR X has to construct the Label Set ( with
just this label ) and send it to LSR Y.

So the MAPPING in section 5.1 should be REQUEST.

Please correct if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth Narayanan.