Subject: resv tear--label

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:01:08 -0400

Hi,

Can anyone help me to confirm whether there is a label object inside the
Resv-tear message?

For my understanding, there is <flow descriptor list>, and it is got from
the Resv message.  So I think there is a label object inside the resv tear
message.

Thanks,

Julia

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:21:59 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> 
> Can anyone help me to confirm whether there is a label object
> inside the Resv-tear message?
> 
> For my understanding, there is <flow descriptor list>, and it is
> got from the Resv message.  So I think there is a label object
> inside the resv tear message.

First rule of internet protocols: Be conservative in what you send.  Be
liberal in what you accept.

Your code should include the label in ResvTear messages it generates. 
But if you receive a packet that is missing the object, you should not
reject the message unless your implementation is unable to process the
tear without it.

-- David