Subject: Multi-Point to Point and Point to Multi-Point Realizations

From: abhay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:38:12 +0800

Hello All,

         Appreciating the point to point LSP realizations using mpls t.e mib,thereby

         relying on the mptp and ptmp characteristics of the LSR MIB.

         It seems,mpls traffic engineering can be made compact with a smooth

         interaction between both T.E MIB and LSR MIB not to mention the signaling protocol

         How smooth can this interaction be,is it too dependent for mptp and ptmp to be found

         in LSR MIB alone..

         Any constructive suggestions ?

         Regards,

         Abhay

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:31:11 +0530

hi abhay!
     I guess mptp is not a problem if you have label merging LSRs in your
network and you can easily form a LSP tree. But I guess ptmp and mptmp is still
a domain few have treaded as far as I know. Though I think there is a draft on
it in the WG area.

ciao
sumit

abhay <[email-masked]> on 06/20/2001 09:08:12 AM

To:   "mpls Mailing list (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  Multi-Point to Point and Point to Multi-Point Realizations

Hello All,

         Appreciating the point to point LSP realizations using mpls t.e
mib,thereby

         interaction between both T.E MIB and LSR MIB not to mention the
signaling protocol

         How smooth can this interaction be,is it too dependent for mptp and
ptmp to be found

         in LSR MIB alone..

         Regards,

         Abhay

---

From: "Robert Streijl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:28:26 -0400

Hi,

Would you happen to know which draft that is?

thanks
Robert

[email-masked] on 06/20/2001 12:01:11 AM

To:   abhay <[email-masked]>
cc:   "mpls Mailing list (E-mail)" <[email-masked]> (bcc: Robert
      Streijl/Telcordia)
Subject:  Re: Multi-Point to Point and Point to Multi-Point Realizations

hi abhay!
     I guess mptp is not a problem if you have label merging LSRs in your
network and you can easily form a LSP tree. But I guess ptmp and mptmp is
still
a domain few have treaded as far as I know. Though I think there is a draft
on
it in the WG area.

ciao
sumit

Hello All,

         It seems,mpls traffic engineering can be made compact with a
smooth

         How smooth can this interaction be,is it too dependent for mptp
and
ptmp to be found

         in LSR MIB alone..

         Regards,

         Abhay

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:49:43 +0530

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-05.txt

"Robert Streijl" <[email-masked]> on 06/20/2001 06:58:26 PM

To:   Sumit Chauhan/HSS@HSS
cc:   [email-masked]

Hi,

thanks
Robert

hi abhay!

ciao
sumit

Hello All,

         in LSR MIB alone..

         Regards,

         Abhay