Subject: mplsInSegmentTable

From: "Saurabh Shrivastava" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:25:27 -0700

hi all!,
          the draft -  draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-07.txt

has this - 

7.3.  mplsInSegmentTable

   This table contains a description of the incoming MPLS segments to
   an LSR and their associated parameters.
   
   The administrative and operational status objects for this table
   are used to control packet transmission on this segment.  If
   either the administrative and operational status objects for this
   table are set to 'down', this implies that packets will not be
   forwarded.  Likewise, if the values are set to 'up' this implies
   that packets are forwarded.  These values are particularly useful
   in cases where multi-point connections utilize a single cross-
   connect and the administrator wishes to disable some, but not all
   of the streams.  In these cases, the administrator may set the
   administrative status object to 'down' on some of the in-segments.

point to note, if you look at mplsInSegmentEntry,
there is no operational/admin status fields. so how
will the administrator bring a segment "down" or "up" ?
- the way it is implied in the above paragraph.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Saurabh Shrivastava          [email-masked]        

TiMetra Networks, Inc.       408.245.8796 (residence)
http://www.timetra.com/      650.237.5154 (office)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~