Subject: Questions on draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-mib-00

From: "Atkinson, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:33:51 -0400

I have a few questions on the bundling mib.

1. Is the data-bearing channel table defined in
draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-mib-00
   supposed to represent a Component as defined in
draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-00?

2. If the answer to 1 above is "yes", how can you specify a Component's IP
address
   or Component ID? 

3. Perhaps specifying a Component as defined in draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-00
    requires both a data-bearing channel and a teLink? If this is the case,
what is
    the significance of multiple data-bearing channels under a single
teLink?

Thanks,
steve atkinson

---

From: "Martin Dubuc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:15:41 -0400

Steve,

Using LMP terminology, the data-bearing channel is supposed to either
represent a component link or a port depending on whether or not it is
multiplex capable.

We currently do not store the data-bearing channel IP address in the
bundle MIB. It seems reasonable to add this object to the MIB.

Regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Atkinson, Stephen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 2:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Questions on draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-mib-00

2. If the answer to 1 above is "yes", how can you specify a Component's
IP
address
   or Component ID? 

3. Perhaps specifying a Component as defined in
draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-00
    requires both a data-bearing channel and a teLink? If this is the
case,
what is
    the significance of multiple data-bearing channels under a single
teLink?

Thanks,
steve atkinson