Subject: RE: MPLS and QoS

From: Nhat Thanh Hoang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:41:03 +0200

Hi,

I have several pointers that may answer your questions. Especially the I-D:
"MPLS Support of Differentiated Services" draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-09.txt
answers your second question.

See the following drafts, they probably answer your questions:
1. Requirements for support of Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering
2. Protocol extensions for support of Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic

/Nhat Thanh

-----Original Message-----
From: krishnakanth.rao [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: den 27 september 2001 12:28
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MPLS and QoS

1.How can MPLS be used in providing Quality of Service, i,e. can the label
values help in providing Quality of Service to a particular packet

2. Can policies be formulated and deployed in a router(MPLS node) which can
look into the packet labels and provide the necessary Quality of Service in
the network.

Thanks in advance

Krishnakanth