Subject: questions regarding generalized label

From: "Torsten Mueller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:50:36 +0200

Hallo,

I have some general questions regarding the generalized label
(draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-05.txt).

- As example, draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-05.txt mentions the
possibility
  for a generalized label to represent:
  (a) a single fiber in a bundle, (b) a single waveband within fiber, (c)
a single
   wavelength within a waveband (or fiber), or (d) a set of time-slots
   within a wavelength (or fiber).

  Where are these labels defined ?
  (I have only found descriptions of SDH/SONET labels in
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-sonet-sdh-01.txt)

- From draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-05.txt:
  "A Generalized Label does not identify the "class" to which the label
belongs.
   This is implicit in the multiplexing capabilities of the link on which
the label is used."

  Control and data channel in GMPLS are diverse and several data channels
can be controlled by one control channel.
  How can a LSR determine the "link on which the label is used" ?

- How is the position of an LSP in the LSP-hierarchy signalled in a
generalized label?
  E.g. if an upstream LSR requests an SDH connection, how does an
downstream LSR specify to the
  upstream LSR to use SDH conn1, in wavelength 2 in fiber 3?
  Is all this information contained in the same generalized label object?

Thanks,
Torsten Mueller