Subject: RE: RFC 2702 : Imp details associated with implementing Constarin t Based Routing on Layer 3 devices

From: "Naidu, Venkata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:53:07 -0400

Ravi:

   There are sufficient IGP TE extensions and all the below
   requirements are upto your own implementation (because this 
   is source routing). There is no standardization required, 
   because (as Kireeti pointed out in his draft 
   draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt) finally,

   ....
   define the semantics of the various constructs used in 
   Constraint-Based Routing so that implementations from a wide 
   variety of vendors will have (at least to the first order) 
   similar results in path selection.   
   .....

-> - Mechanisms for exchange of topology state information (resource
-> availability information, link state information, resource attribute
-> information) between constraint-based routing processes. 

  IGP TE extensions are available.

-> - Mechanisms for maintenance of topology state information. 
-> - Interaction
-> between constraint-based routing processes and conventional 
-> IGP processes.

  No standardization required.

->  - Mechanisms to accommodate the adaptivity requirements of 
-> traffic trunks. 

  IGP TE extensions are available.

-> - Mechanisms to accommodate the resilience and survivability 
-> requirements of
-> traffic trunks. 

  You can start from draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-02.txt

--Venkata Naidu