Subject: MultiProtocol

From: "Hongwei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:30:01 +0100

Hi all,

Labels may be carried in different ways according to the underlying link
layer technologies, such ATM, Frame Relay, LAN technologies including
Ethernet, token ring/bus, and FDDI. This is what “MultiProtocol” means. is
it right?

Thanks and regards,

Hongwei

---

From: David Escobar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 18:29:59 -0500

Yes, and also that in the future it is intended to work under other L3
protocols different to IP like AppleTalk, DECnet, IPX, etc.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hongwei" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 5:30 PM
Subject: MultiProtocol

Hi all,

Labels may be carried in different ways according to the underlying link
layer technologies, such ATM, Frame Relay, LAN technologies including
Ethernet, token ring/bus, and FDDI. This is what "MultiProtocol" means. is
it right?

Thanks and regards,

Hongwei