Subject: Traffic engineering

From: David Escobar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:09:19 -0500

Hi:
What other forms of traffic engineering can be implemented in an MPLS network besides Explicit Routing?

---

From: Ajay Simha <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:24:27 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, David Escobar wrote:

> Hi: What other forms of traffic engineering can be implemented in an MPLS
> network besides Explicit Routing?

Dynamic.

-ajay

-- 
Ajay Simha
MPLS Deployment Engineer
IOS Technology Division
(919) 392-3141

"Study as if you were to live forever
 Live as if you were to die tomorrow"

 - Mahatma Gandhi

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:22:53 -0400

> network besides Explicit Routing?

Explicit routing is the key TE feature of MPLS signaling.  But there are
other things that come in to play before the LSP is signaled.  For
instance, TE-enabled routing protocols will distribute information about
bandwidth availability on a per-link basis, so that this information may
be used when computing explicit routes.

-- David