Subject: Host route.

From: #ZHU YONGQING# <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:41:00 +0800

The Egress-Targeted LAbel Assignment requires that the address of LSR is
itself in the routing table as a "host route" (in RFC3031). But what is a
"host route"? 

Thanks for your answer.
Yongqing Zhu

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:22:52 -0400

RFC 2328 (OSPF v2):
"Host routes are considered to be subnets whose masks are "all ones"
(0xffffffff)."

Why doesn't RFC 3031 have RFC 2328 in the references?

Thanks,
-Ben

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:34:32 -0400

> Why doesn't RFC 3031 have RFC 2328 in the references?

It may not be using the exact same definition.

In LDP, for instance, there is a difference between a FEC for a host
address and a /32 address.  A host-address FEC may only specify packets
destined for the node that owns that address.  A /32 FEC may also
specify packets that are to be routed through that address to some other
destination.

-- David