Subject: MPLS in IP

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 06:03:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everybody,

LDP can be used for signalling between non-adjacent LSRs. If two LSRs are
connected to each other using the MPLS-in-IP, can we assume that the LDP
runs smoothly ?
If we can't run RSVP/CR-LDP for resource reservation, on this path, how to
do resource reservation ?
A last concern, how to support multipoint to point connections using this
approach ?

Regards,
Hemant

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:03:26 -0700

Hemant,

> LDP can be used for signalling between non-adjacent LSRs.

Correct.

>  If two LSRs are

Yes.

> do resource reservation ?

What resource reservation are you refering to ? Even with RSVP/CRLDP
there are no resource reservation in the data plane. 

> A last concern, how to support multipoint to point connections using this

Besically as soon as your IP tunneling can support point to multipoint
interfaces LDP will be able to establish it's directed sessions there as
well. Unfortunately I don't know any vendor shipping p2mtp IP tunnels
today.

Rgs,
R.