Subject: About "ICMP Extensions for MultiProtocol Label Switching"

From: "Lakshmaiah Regoti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:46:13 -0400

Hi ,
I would like to know the proposed draft "ICMP Extensions for MultiProtocol 
Label Switching" is approved as RFC or not.
We are considering this draft in our future implementation. Please
let me the status of this draft.

Thanks
-regoti

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:10:20 -0700

I believe this is a draft that has been implemented by Cisco, Avici and 
Juniper. I was told they interoperate also. However, I was also told 
that though it is operational in live networks, IESG thinks it was too 
involved in ICMP and does not allow it to become a RFC. :-( (Correct me, 
if I am wrong.)

BTW, just curious, does it matter that much if it has become a RFC? So 
long that serves your customers, that's all it counts. No?

2 cents,

- Ping

Lakshmaiah Regoti wrote:

> Hi ,
> I would like to know the proposed draft "ICMP Extensions for 
> MultiProtocol Label Switching" is approved as RFC or not.