Subject: Re: label values

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:05:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Krishnakanth,
Label values are of local significance only , limited significance between
the neighbour routers (LSRs). Hence, there may be same label values on two
different LSPs in the MPLS Domain.
Packets are classified into different FECs using a flow classifier e.g.
same source/destination IP addresses, and service types. (TCP port
numbers).

--
Hemant

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:24:07 -0400
From: krishnakanth.rao <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: label values

1.Can label values in two different LSP's in an MPLS domain be the same.
2. How is packet classification achieved at the ingress router, and on
what basis are the packets classified into different
FEC's at the ingress router in an MPLS domain

thanks in advance

Krishnakanth

---

From: Adithya Bhat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:41:24 +0530

Hi Hemant,

Once a label is assigned to a set of packets, the label effectively defines
the "flow" through the LSP,
So will it not be better to say that, packets will be classified based on the
Labels ??

-Adithya

"Hemant P. Kelkar" wrote:

> -------
> The MPLS-OPS Mailing List
> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:  http://www.mplsrc.com/mplsops.shtml
> Archive: http://www.mplsrc.com/mpls-ops_archive.shtml

--
=========================================================
Adithya S Bhat                                     Tel : 080-5355501
Software Engineer,                                Ext : 8251
CTG Datacom,                                       Fax : 5351133
Sasken Communication Technologies.  http://www.sasken.com/
==========================================================