Subject: rsvp questions

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:54:24 -0400

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have several questions for the rsvp te.

1.  after Ingress sends out the pathtear msg to tear down the connection
and path state,  the Egress sends out the resv msg out, the ingress should
send out the resverr msg back with error code #3 "no path information for
this resv msg".   But I observed that, the Ingress router does not send
this error msg back, can any one tell me if the ingress route was not
implemented properly?

2.  rsvp te 09.txt section 4.3.4.1, 'Bad explicit router object'.   Can
anyone tell me how this error will be sent out?

3.  accordint the draft, if Ingress router sends out the path msg with
multiple session attributes.only the first session attribute will be
forwarded.  But I observed that the interLSR will drop the path msg with 2
session attributes.  Can anyone tell me why?

4.  I observed that the Egress tried to tear down the resv state and sends
out the resvtear to interLSR, according to the spec, the InterLSR suppose
to forward the resvtear msg if there is no merge, just ingress -----
InterLSR ------Egress.  Can anyone tell me why?

5.  Suppose there is A   ---- B ----C, how can A let B knows that the C is
the non-rsvp capable, and then when A sends out the path msg, the B will
send out the path error msg back and inform that there is non-rsvp on the
way?    C can send out the resv msg with ttl in common header different
from the ip header ttl, and let B knows that C is non-rsvp, but I observed
that when A sends out the path msg again after this, B does not send out
patherr msg with error 'mpls being negotiated, but there is non-rsvp
capable router stands in the path'.   why?

6.  Can anyone point me out how the 'bad strict/loose node' error will be
generated?, suppose I have A--B--C, and A sends out the path msg with ero
as {b, c}, so if the second subobject is unknown address instead of C, and
the ero type is strict, then the bad strict node error msg should be send
out from B, but I did not see this error, instead, B sends out the 'no
route aviable to the destination", then how the 'bad strict/loose
node'error will be generated.

Thanks for your pointing.

Julia