Subject: Interface between LSR and switching hardware.

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 01:56:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everybody,
I got a small question about LSR architecture. How does a well defind LSR
layer (with components including LDP etc.)fits over any other hardware 
(i.e. Firmware etc.). I mean, if we have an LDP layer(say LDP code), 
how to fit it over any other hardware architectures ? 
This question doesn't target porting issues. Are there some
specifications, which define this "Interface" or is it totally vendor 
dependent ? A simple example of "Interface" can be defining
the APIs which will handle the label management operations in the
hardware.
Regards,
Hemant

---

From: Abhijit Gadgil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:00:11 +0530 (IST)

HPK>dependent ? A simple example of "Interface" can be defining
HPK>the APIs which will handle the label management operations in the
HPK>hardware.

I think you have answered your question urself. But there are no standard
APIs defined for managing LIB, atleast I know of, if that is what u wre
asking

-abhijit

Abhijit Gadgil
Graduate Student,
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
IIT, Bombay.