Subject: Adimin Status object in RSVPTE (generalised RSVPTE-04 draft)

From: "saumyad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:25:16 +1000

Hi,
 
 1.  In section 7.2.1, generalised-mpls-rsvpte-04 draft says,
 " In some circumstances, particularly optical networks, it is useful to
   set the administrative status of an LSP before tearing it down. "
 
       Please explain under what kind of circumstances can we use this 
 mechanism.I mean which sort of optical devices need this support..

       It's also said that inclusion of admin status object in notify
message 
 for deletion of tunnel at the intermediate and egress will help the ingress
in
 sending the path tear down the tunnel.
       However when path error message with path state removal flag set is
received
 at ingress the path tear need not be sent and the state is removed.

       So if an LSR or egress supports both admin status object and path
state removal
 what should the LSR decide upon?????
 
 2. If we include the IF_ID_RSVP_HOP object in GMPLS domain then in that
case, do we need 
  to retain the ERO unnumbered object. I suppose both supply the same
information and hence 
  one can be excluded. This helps us knowing well in hand the interoperable
issues..

Kindly clear the doubts
Thanks saumyad