Subject: NHLFE and ILM

From: "Mareline Sheldon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:57:02 +0530

The rfc 3031 starts off with the above mentioned terms without really
explaining much about them in sections 3.10 and 3.11
As i understand NHLFE is just an entry in the forwarding database which is
looked up when forwarding a MPLS packet. Is it true ??
And ILM as i gather is associated with a set of NHLFEs and one of them is
chosen before the packet is forwarded (except when load sharing).
Would NLHFE contain entries for the actual ingress and egress interfaces
etc. ?

please clarify,
regards
mary

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Eric W Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:55:27 -0400

Mary,

    Either an FTN (for unlabeled packets) or an ILM (for labeled packets)
will map to an NHLFE - which will contain the information needed to forward
the packet in MPLS.

--
Eric Gray