Subject: RSVP and LDP comparison

From: "Kota, Ravikumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:15:23 -0400

Hi

Can anybody pl pass on light about comparison and complexity involved in "
RSVP and LDP w.r.t the processing overhead , protocol wise , concept wise ,
implementation wise  etc ".
Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ravikumar Kota

---

From: Matt Squire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:50:22 -0400

RSVP and LDP are two incredibly different protocols with a different
purpose.  

LDP can be used to establish LSPs along the routed paths.  RSVP-TE (I
assume you mean RSVP-TE) is used to establish traffic engineered LSPs
along explicitly defined paths or paths that satisfy some other
constraint (QoS, bandwidth, etc.).  RSVP-TE is not suprisingly much more
complex - it has a much harder job to perform.