Subject: Re: Re: Interface between LSR and switching hardware.

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 02:58:33 -0400 (EDT)

Abhijit,
I was refering to following example :
suppose you have a CR-LDP (source) with you, and then you have your own
switching architecture. Now ,there must be an intermediate layer between
the LSR layer and your own hardware. The upper interface  was what I was
interested in. Well, lower interface (between the intermediate layer and
the hardware is totally implementation specific), what about the upper
interface(between the LSR/LDP and the intermediate layer) ?
Are there any guidelines or proposed insturctions for that ?
thanx and regards,
Hemant

HPK>dependent ? A simple example of "Interface" can be defining
HPK>the APIs which will handle the label management operations in the
HPK>hardware.

I think you have answered your question urself. But there are no standard
APIs defined for managing LIB, atleast I know of, if that is what u wre
asking

-abhijit

Abhijit Gadgil
Graduate Student,
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
IIT, Bombay.