Subject: Re: FECs

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:45:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

Since an FEC granularity defines the difference between different FECs
having few similar characteristics (e.g. source and destination IPs) and
few dissimilar characteristics (e.g. two different applications running
between same pair of host machines, one video other file transfer).
Both will need different PHB and QoS treatments, hence must be defined
over two different FECs, since these are FEC granularity which defines the
next hop and other forwarding decisions. It depends on the edge router (
e.g. LER) to take care of these mappings.

--
Hemant

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:22:28 -0500
From: David Escobar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FECs
Parts/Attachments:
   1   OK     ~4 lines  Text (charset: ISO-8859-1)
   2 Shown   ~15 lines  Text (charset: ISO-8859-1)
----------------------------------------

    [ Part 1, Text/PLAIN (charset: ISO-8859-1 "Latin 1 (Western Europe)")
4 lines. ]
    [ Not Shown. Use the "V" command to view or save this part. ]

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hi:
Can we have two FECs over the same path, it is following the same path
from the Ingress to the Egress router, but being
differentiated by the forwarding treatment (CoS) given to packets in each
FEC?