Subject: RE: draft-nadeau-mpls-lc-if-mib-00.txt

From: "Cheenu Srinivasan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:18:28 -0400

Hi Tom,

A few comments:

- TOC is that of the LSR MIB!

- Abstract - how about:

   This memo defines MIB modules to realize label switching controlled
   Frame Relay and ATM interfaces given the interface stacking defined
   in MPLS-LSR-MIB and MPLS-TE-MIB.

- Section 6 starts of talking about LC-ATM interfaces and then starts
  referring to both ATM and FR interfaces. You should probably have
  seperate sections for the two or rename the section and describe
  the two in seperate paras.

- Update the date(s) in the MODULE-IDENTITY.

- In the description of the tables you say that entries in the table
  are created by the LSR (automatically, as opposed to creation by the
  operator). Then, why do you need the RowStatus object? The LSR presumably
  creates the entry indicating whatever default capability and (optionally)
  allows the operator to change ranges etc. Am I missing something?

- Sec. 12 - you say: "This module does not define any management objects. Instead, it
   defines two new ifTypes which may be used by other MPLS MIB
   modules to define management objects."

  Rewrite this as this doc contains two modules which definitely define
  management objects! Since these are writeable you will have some
  security considerations - section 11 of the LSR would be a decent
  template. Also I didn't see any new ifType defined - you
  have instead added augments to the interface conf table.

Hope this helps.

Cheenu

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas D. Nadeau [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 4:03 PM
> Subject: draft-nadeau-mpls-lc-if-mib-00.txt
> 
> 
> 
> 	FYI, the new draft  draft-nadeau-mpls-lc-if-mib-00.txt
> has been published in the I-D repository. I would appreciate
> it if you could give it a look-see when you had a chance.
> 
> 	--Tom
> 
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------
> Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time. 
> 
>

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:09:07 -0400

Hi,

         Thanks for the comments. We will incorporate and re-post.

         --Tom

> > it if you could give it a look-see when you had a chance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.