Subject: Fast Reroute -facility backup- rerouting control traffic after failure

From: "priyaranjan mohapatra" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:09:25 -0000

This is with reference to the draft 
"draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-00.txt" for Fast
ReRoute.

To quote from the draft(described in section.6) -

  "During failure, the PLR reroutes the data packets of each 
protected LSP onto the bypass tunnel. The control messages of the 
backed-up LSPs are also sent over the bypass tunnel.  The facility 
backup uses the sender-template-specific approach to identify the 
backup tunnels."

As explained in the above paragraph,
  the control messages of the backed-up LSPs are sent over the 
bypass tunnel during failure.Does this means that after 
failure,the path refresh messages of the backed-up LSPs will sent 
through the bypass tunnel as labeled packets.If this is the case, 
then how the path messages can be forced to be sent as labeled 
packets, as RFC 2205 says that RSVP messages are sent hop-by-hop 
between RSVP routers as "raw" IP datagrams with protocol number 
46.

regards,
Priyaranjan