Subject: Any vendor support for LLC/SNAP+shim header for MPLS over ATM

From: "Ye Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:44:46 -0400

Hi,

I have a question and think that most of you out there could help me.

Just wondering if any vendor currently supports LLC/SNAP encapsulation+shim 
header for MPLS over ATM. In this case, label is not placed in Vpi/Vci field 
of ATM Cell, but only in the shim header.

LLC/SNAP could be used to identify that the MPLS is carried inside. Then 
what is the number allocated for MPLS?

Thanks for any help.

Ye

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

---

From: "Sumit Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:41:46 -0400

Ye,

Ericsson and Juniper support this.  If I recall correctly the number is
0x8847

/Sumit