Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-allan-mpls-loadbal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:39:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for MPLS Load Balancing
	Author(s)	: D. Allen
	Filename	: draft-allan-mpls-loadbal-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 31-Jul-02
	
RFC 3031 permits MPLS load balancing while making no specific
representations as to requirements of implementation. This has
subsequently become an issue with respect to the reliability of path
test mechanisms. Load balancing algorthms may separate path test
probes from the path of interest. This I-D proposes guidelines for
implementation of load balancing such that path test mechanisms are
not impacted.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allan-mpls-loadbal-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-allan-mpls-loadbal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-allan-mpls-loadbal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.