Subject: Carrying Label mapping

From: Rajesh Potti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:11:38 -0400

Hi,

 The RFC 3107 (Carrying Label Information in BGP-4) says that in the
BGP updates carrying multiprotocol extensions attribute,
  the fact that the NLRI contains a label is  indicated by using SAFI
value 4. But most implementations seem to be using the SAFI
 value 128. Under what circumstances is the SAFI value 4 used?

Thanks,
Rajesh

---

From: "Anuj Kumar Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:21:11 +0530 (India Standard Time)

Hi Rajesh ,

SAFI value 128 is used when you want to carry VPNV4 routes in BGP-4
MP_REACH_NLRI attribute. 
This implementation use the label encoding scheme used in RFC 3107 but use
the SAFI value as 128 only. 

However when you wish to use BGP to carry the label information for label
distribution purposes for MPLS 
then you should use SAFI value as 4 .

Anuj 

Subject: Carrying Label mapping
Hi,

---

From: bin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:40:39 -0400

Hi,

I am wondering the difference in processing Error code 24 (routing
problem) and 25 (notify Error).

I want to define a error value for explicit route update under the error
code.

Regards,

Bin