Subject: LSP hierarchy riflected in MIBs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:36:57 +0100

Hello everyone,

the draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt describes how to set up two 
different LSP to create a hierarchy of such LSPs. The document states:
"2. Abstract
   .....A way to create such a hierarchy
   is by (a) a Label Switching Router (LSR) creating a Traffic
   Engineering Label Switched Path (TE LSP), (b) the LSR forming a
   forwarding adjacency (FA) out of that LSP (by advertising this LSP as
   a Traffic Engineering (TE) link into the same instance of ISIS/OSPF
   as the one that was used to create the LSP), (c) allowing other LSRs
   to use FAs for their path computation, and (d) nesting of LSPs
   originated by other LSRs into that LSP (by using the label stack
   construct)....."

What is not clear to me is how this LSP hierarchy is reflected inside 
the MIBs.
Suppose I want to set up two nested LSPs beginning both at the ingress node
for example to transport ETS flows within an MPLS domain.
The Ingress node should push two labels on L2 packets.
I have the following questions:

1)    Is the LSR MIB sufficient? Or is the TE MIB necessary?
       From my point of view the LSR is sufficient: the 
mplsOutSegmentTable contains the top label,
       while the mplsLabelStackTable contains the bottom label.

2)    When the Ingress node receives the Resv message of the inner LSP, 
how are the MIBs populated,
       with what information and how the two nested LSPs are matched?

3)    What information is used to refer to the entry inside the MIB 
relating to the outer LSP?

Thanks a lot for spending your valuable time to fill my lacks.
Regards, Roberto