Subject: Reservation DiffServ MPLS (E-LSP & L-LSP)

From: "Bin Zhou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:11:26 -0500

Hello,

I have a question about how to reserve bandwidth for a tunnel (mutiple OA)
with E-LSP or L-LSP using rsvp.

As I understand it, we can reserve bandwidth for an LSP (single OA) with
E-LSP or L-LSP using rsvp.

- In E-LSP case, we cann't support mutiple Sender_TSPEC (one TSPEC for one
OA,  one RSPEC for one TSPEC, but only one TSPEC in the PATH message).
- In L-LSP case, we cann't support mutiple OA in one LSP (one LSP for one
OA).

In another words, my question is how to signal bandwidth for mutiple OA in
one E-LSP, or wheather it is possible to have mutiple LSP  in one tunnel.

Thanks.

Bin ZHou

---

From: Nabil Seddigh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:40:03 -0500

Bin,

The following draft proposes a way to support signaling of 
bandwidth for multiple OAs in an LSP:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ganti-mpls-diffserv-elsp-02.txt

Nabil Seddigh
[email-masked]