Subject: draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt

From: Jean Philippe Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:50:44 -0500

Hi,

New draft recently posted: draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt. Any 
comment is very welcome.

Abstract

The aim of this draft is to provide a method to distinguish a link from
a node failure using RSVP hello extensions. In a network making use of
MPLS Traffic Engineering Fast Reroute as specified in [FAST-REROUTE],
efficient use can be made of the network links when protecting against
link/node failures. As described in [FACILITY], excess capacity used
for bypass tunnels can be shared between bypass tunnels providing
protection for mutually exclusive failures of different links or nodes.
This results in significant bandwidth savings under the single failure
assumption. Making use of the single failure assumption  implies the
need  to distinguish a link from a node failure. However, the
mechanisms currently available for failures detection do not always
allow to distinguishing a link from a node failure.

Thanks.

JP.

---

From: np rpr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:54:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jean,

I have question about Hello messages in RSVP-TE(RFC
3209). When exactly should the hello message be
registered to timer. My thoughts: when RESVP is
received on a node(LSR) and which confirms the success
in creating the label.If this the right way then how
this will be dealed at egress as it(egress) issues the
first RESV and doesn't receieve as opposite to another
nodes. 

Please advice me.

Thanks,
Nitin 

How 
--- Jean Philippe Vasseur <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> New draft recently posted:
> draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt. Any 
> comment is very welcome.
> 
> Abstract
> 

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive greatest hits videos
http://launch.yahoo.com/u2