Subject: Can anybody tell me what happens when an IETF draft expires

From: Shahriar Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:26:29 -0800 (PST)

Any other relevant information on IETF draft processes, will be
appreciated.

thanks,
Shahriar

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:28:40 -0500

To answer your first question, expired drafts are removed from the IETF's 
internet draft online directory.  But they often live on in people's 
memories, hard drives, and implementations, as well as elsewhere on the web 
(a Google search usually finds most any expired draft).

To answer your second question, two good places to start are:

http://www.ietf.org/newcomer.htm

http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Then, you want to read the actual reference document:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt

Cheers,
Andy