Subject: AW:

From: Hummel Heinrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:16:38 +0100

Claus,

I tried to give answers to your questions in draft-hummel-mpls-hierarchical-lsp-03.txt.

Heinrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Februar 2002 16:36
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: 

The draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy defines forwarding adjacencies and 
explains how these can be used to route LSPs within LSPs with higher 
switching granularity. Assuming an MPLS, not GMPLS network where the 
draft hierarchical LSP is not implemented, I got the following 
questions:
LSPs can be tunneled through existing LSPs via label stacking.
a. How do routers initiating an LSP know about the existence of these 
tunnels except by external means ? How can the available BW of the 
tunnel be known except by external means ?
b. Assume a tunnel is known and an LSR initiating an LSP wants to route 
the LSP through the tunnel, how does the LSR starting the tunnel know 
that the LSP wants to be routed through this tunnel. From the ERO ?

Claus

============================================================
The information contained in this message may be privileged 
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the 
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an 
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to 
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any 
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received 
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by 
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs
============================================================