Subject: LDP Restart Applicablity Statement - Comments please

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:31:31 -0500

Hi,

I gave a brief overview of draft-farrel0mpls-ldp-restart-applic-01.txt in
Atlanta and asked that it move forward as WG document not least because it was
requested by the chairs and because its existence will help the progress of
draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ft and draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-restart as they try to become
RFCs.

It seemed to be the case in Atlanta that very few people had read the draft and
as Bert has commented elsewhere we should at least get 10 or 20 people to read
drafts before they become WG documents. So...

I believe implementers of LDP need to give serious consideration to at least one
of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ft and draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-restart. This applicability
statement should help them decide whether and which to implement.

It would be a great help if all those concerned with LDP could cast an eye over
the draft and send comments to the mailing list.  At the moment, comments such
as "read it, looks good" or "read it, don't like it" would be as useful as
detailed feedback since they will give us some feeling about the value of the
draft.

Thanks,
Adrian