Subject: RFC 3468 on The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Working Group decision on MPLS signaling protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:11:03 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3468

        Title:      The Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Working
                    Group decision on MPLS signaling protocols
        Author(s):  L. Andersson, G. Swallow
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22072
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-andersson-mpls-sig-decision-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3468.txt

This document documents the consensus reached by the Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) Working Group within the IETF to focus its
efforts on "Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)-TE: Extensions to
RSVP for Label-Switched Paths (LSP) Tunnels" (RFC 3209) as the MPLS
signalling protocol for traffic engineering applications and to
undertake no new efforts relating to "Constraint-Based LSP Setup using
Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)" (RFC 3212).  The recommendations of
section 6 have been accepted by the IESG.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.