Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:43:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Method to Setup LSP using VLAN Tag Switching
	Author(s)	: T. Kawakami et al.
	Filename	: draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-2-26
	
This document describes a method to setup a Layer 2 tunnel over 
networks based on Ethernet technology. For this purpose, the ports of 
an Ethernet switch are configured to forward VLAN tag-labeled packets 
incoming from a certain port to another unambiguous port by using 
VLAN tag information. The Ethernet switches themselves are a part of 
the Label Switching Routers (LSRs), which distribute the VLAN tags 
using Label Distribution Protocol (LDP). To enable LDP to fulfil this 
function, an LDP extension is proposed. The introduced method 
simplifies the transport of Ethernet frames over wide area Ethernet 
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Genadi Velev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:53:01 +0100

[ Mail was delivered through VPN PEL->MEI/AVCDC! ]
[ Mail was delivered through VPN PEL->MEI/AVCDC! ]
[ Mail was delivered through VPN PEL->MEI/AVCDC! ]
[ Mail was delivered through VPN PEL->MEI/AVCDC! ]

Hi all,

A new draft was published today (please see below).

Any feedback and comments are welcome, especially from those of you who are
dealing with packet transport over wide area Ethernet networks.

thanks,
Genadi

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 1:44 PM
> To: IETF-Announce:
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kawakami-mpls-lsp-vlan-00.txt
>
>