Subject: ISIS as CE/PE protocol

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:10:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,
draft-rosen-vpns-ospf-bgp-mpls-06.txt defines procedures which must be implemented within
the Provider's network when OSPF is used as the PE/CE routing protocol. Is there any
particular reason why there have been no such standards/procedures defined for running
ISIS as CE/PE protocol in BGP VPN domains.

Morever, are there any ISPs actually using ISIS for this purpose?

Any help in this regard will be appreciated!

Thanks and Regards,
John Smith

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

---

From: Ajay Simha <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:37:18 -0500

> Morever, are there any ISPs actually using ISIS for this purpose?

ISIS is primarly an ISP IGP. Usually the folks buying BGP VPN service from an SP are enterprises.
ISPs also buy this type of service but prefer to run BGP opposed to an IGP between themselves
and the BGP VPN provider.

-ajay