Subject: RE: Between OSPF RSVP...

From: Steve Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:45:04 -0600

>
>
>Then the path-tear and/or the directed notify would still notify the
>ingress.
>
>What circumstances are you thinking of.
>
>Curtis
>

I guess it is suffice to say that the linked list mechanism does not cover
all the cases.

Steve

----------------------------------------- (on Chiaro SMTP Relay)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Chiaro Networks, Ltd., and may contain confidential and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s), or otherwise have reason to believe that you have 
received this message in error, please notify the sender and 
delete all copies from your system.  Any other use, retention, 
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is 
strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:25:54 -0500

> I guess it is suffice to say that the linked list mechanism does not cover

It wasn't intended to cover all cases and does not depricate use of
path-tear.  You still didn't answer my question.

Curtis

---

From: Yangguang Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:36:56 -0500

You were talking about implementation with linked list to each port to speed up
traversing. His point is, I think, the failure can happen any port/link in the
network, construct data structure according to the HE local ports may not
helpful in some cases.

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:12:41 -0500

> network, construct data structure according to the HE local ports may not

That is not what I suggested and yes it would not be of much use.

For each link in the path, not just the first hop (port), one entry is
created.  How to create this sort of data structure is grad school
data structures 101 material.

Besides, if you only had a pointer from the immediate hop then we
wouldn't be discussing flooding because the failure is on a directly
connected link and doesn't need to be flooded.

Curtis