Subject: RE: Between OSPF RSVP...

From: Steve Yao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:17:40 -0600

>> > Thank you.  I think we'll get a third affirmative shortly.
>>
>> Am I on cue? :-)
>
>There are some who want me to spell it out, so here goes: if an
>LSP goes over some link that subsequently fails, and the head end
>learns this via OSPF/ISIS, the head end will switch to a backup,
>or reroute the LSP.  The mechanism is pretty much what Curtis has
>been describing.
>
>No smoke, no mirrors :-)
>
>Kireeti.
>

Chiaro does this too.

Steve

----------------------------------------- (on Chiaro SMTP Relay)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Chiaro Networks, Ltd., and may contain confidential and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s), or otherwise have reason to believe that you have 
received this message in error, please notify the sender and 
delete all copies from your system.  Any other use, retention, 
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is 
strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:22:31 -0500

> >or reroute the LSP.  The mechanism is pretty much what Curtis has

And Vivace as well.

Cheers,
Andy