Subject: Distributing Labels for PWs within an LSP TE Tunnel

From: Nurit Sprecher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:42:45 +0200

Hi all, 

I am looking for a method for distributing PWs' labels of PWs within a TE
LSP tunnel. 
The TE tunnel is signaled using the RSVP-TE signaling protocol. Is there a
method for distributing labels for PWs that should run within TE LSP tunnel?
I am aware of the IETF draft for signaling the PWs' labels using the LDP
protocol, but I would like to attach a certain PW with a certain TE LSP
tunnel. How can I gain it? Maybe I should activate the LDP for a certain PW
within the required tunnel (inband)? Is there another way to do it but not a
static one (by configuration)?

I wonder also if there is a way to signal a TE PW?

I'll appreciate your response.
Thanks in advance, Nurit.

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:08:10 -0500

>static one (by configuration)?

Hi,

You can use a targeted LDP session to distribute the labels for a PW 
between the two PEs.  How that PW travels across the PSN is independent of 
how the labels for the PW were distributed.  Thus, the PW could use either 
an LDP LSP or a RSVP-TE LSP to reach the egress PE.  Which one to use and 
how the PW is mapped to it is an internal issue on the ingress PE.

Alia

---

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:06:29 -0800

Alia,

I think Nurit's question was how can we bind a PW to a transport LSP, in a way that both PE's know about it? This would be useful if LDP uses per-interface label space.

An extension to PW signaling may be needed. Or a DoD label request that is pushed inside
the tunnel LSP could be used.

-Shahram

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Alia Atlas [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 2:08 PM
>To: Nurit Sprecher
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Distributing Labels for PWs within an LSP TE Tunnel 
>
>

---

From: "Ferrell, William" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:42:47 -0500

Nurit/ Alia 

I'd like to look at LDP from from a simular perspective but concentrate on
securely binding the signaled PW as well as the entire LDP signaling
protocol. 
In the past LDP has been a notoriously clear-text protocol simular to  Cisco
CDP or any other L3 routing protocols without any authentication scheme.
I've yet to learn of a defined secure LDP protocol. 

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Nurit Sprecher [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 3:26 AM
To: 'Shahram Davari'; 'Alia Atlas'; Nurit Sprecher
Cc: [email-masked]; Mustapha Aissaoui (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Distributing Labels for PWs within an LSP TE Tunnel 

Thanks for your responses.
I do look for a way to bind the (LDP) signaled PWs to the (RSVP-TE) signaled
transport tunnel LSP, in a way that both PEs know about it. 
As I understand from your response, I should signal that the PWs within the
TE tunnel LSP.
Is there a way to signal 'TE' PWs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahram Davari [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 7:06 PM
To: 'Alia Atlas'; Nurit Sprecher
Cc: [email-masked]; Mustapha Aissaoui (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Distributing Labels for PWs within an LSP TE Tunnel 

Alia,

I think Nurit's question was how can we bind a PW to a transport LSP, in a
way that both PE's know about it? This would be useful if LDP uses
per-interface label space.

An extension to PW signaling may be needed. Or a DoD label request that is
pushed inside
the tunnel LSP could be used.

-Shahram

---

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:32:00 -0800

Hi,

Yes, but currently only DU mode (not DoD) has been defined.
What is TE PW? PW is a pt-t-pt connection, so I don't think
the PW label needs to use RSVP-TE.

-Shahram

>To: Shahram Davari; 'Alia Atlas'; Nurit Sprecher