Subject: Re: Mails from "rfc-editor" and "Internet-Drafts"

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 10:40:56 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Sachin Ka
lra writes:
> 
> Dear MPLS Community:
> 
> Since last few months, all of the emails that come from 
> [email-masked]' and [email-masked]' appears to be 
> "Virus Infected".
> 
> If this is true, then either they should fix the mails before sending them 
> out or [email-masked]' Mail server should filter out the infected mails.
> 
> Just a little thought.
> Thanks,
> Sachin Kalra

AFAIK - No one seems to have responded to this.  The message from the
RFC editor has a few mime encodings that allow you to automatically
download the text of the RFC onto you computer and some overacheiver
mail filtering software interprets this as a virus but delivers the
mail to you anyway but altered with a warning.  The extra URLs if you
get the message unchanged and the warning if you get the message
altered, are both harmless.

Curtis

> At 02:39 PM 2/19/03 -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> >Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
> >Warning: (not named).
> >Warning: Please read the "VirusWarning.txt" attachment(s) for more 
> >information.
> >
> >  {Virus} RFC 3479 on Fault Tolerance for the Label Distribution Protocol 
> > (LDP)