Subject: RSVP-TE and CR-LDP

From: "sumit singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Apr 2003 05:18:39 -0000

Hi All,

Can a single router run both RSVP-TE and CR-LDP parallely (i.e., 
together at the same time)?
If yes I wonder if someone could highlight the major issues that 
need to be taken care of.

Is there any such product already existing in the market?

Regards,
Sumit

_______________________________________________________________________
Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:47:24 -0400

> together at the same time)?

I don't see why not.  Assuming that they don't step on each others label 
spaces (which would be an implementation issue, not a protocol issue) I 
se no reason why they couldn't.

> If yes I wonder if someone could highlight the major issues that need to 
> be taken care of.

If RSVP-TE uses a particular label value for one of its LSPs, then 
CR-LDP (or LDP or anything else) must not use that same label value.  If 
your router uses a common module for assigning labels to all protocols, 
this should not be an issue.

Ingress nodes will have to decide which LSP to forward data packets into 
if there are multiple LSPs going to the same destination.  But this 
problem exists even when you're only using one TE protocol.

I can't think of any other potential problems.

> Is there any such product already existing in the market?

Don't know about that.

-- David

---

From: Joe Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:12:06 -0400 (EST)

Juniper E-series box can do both cr-ldp and rsvp-te