Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:31:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft preemption
	Author(s)	: M. Meyer et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-4-18
	
This draft documents MPLS TE Soft Preemption, a suite of protocol 
modifications extending the current concept of preemption with the goal 
of reducing/eliminating traffic disruption of preempted TE LSPs.  Under 
present RSVP-TE signaling methods, LSPs are immediately displaced upon 
preemption.  The introduction of a new preemption pending flag helps 
more gracefully mitigate the re-route process of displaced LSPs.  For 
the brief period soft preemption is activated, reservations (though not 
necessarily traffic levels) are in effect overbooked until the LSP can 
be re-routed.  For this reason, the feature is primarily interesting in 
packet oriented MPLS networks with Diffserv and TE capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.