From: "Anu Divya" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Aug 2003 14:35:38 -0000

Hi all,
     I am a new learner for TE and GMPLS extension of OSPF.
     Confused with various bandwidth parameters specified in the 
two
drafts draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-10.txt and
draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-09.txt and their usage in
CSPF. There are 5 bandwidths advertised in TE.

     1. Maximum bandwidth - Physical link capacity  (To be 
deprecated
as per draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-06.txt)
             2. Maximum reservable bandwidth - oversubscribed
bandwidth. (Available for historic purpose, not used in CSPF)
             3. Unreserved bandwidth per priority level
             4. Max LSP Bandwidth per priority level.
             5. Min LSP Bandwidth

Assuming the following usage of Bandwidth in CSPF

     Maximum LSP bandwidth  MLB[p] - Advertised in sub TLV 15
     Minimum LSP bandwith mLB - Advertised in sub TLV 15
         Unreserved bandwidth UB[p] - Advertized in subTLV 8
     CSPF requested bandwidth  CB [p]

If the Link LSA does not have Link Descriptor TLV (non Optical
Link),  then
           UB[p] >= CB[p]
else
        CB[p] > mLB and MLB[p] >= CB[p]

But the Interface switching capability descriptor examples
specified in draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-06.txt, in sections
4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8,  only reservable bandwidth is available
without priority (in TLV 15.)

In sections 4.9, 4.10 - Only Max LSP bandwidth is specified
without priority.

In this scenario,how do we check the constrain CB[p]?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Anu.

___________________________________________________
Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now: 
http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl