Subject: RFC 3443

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 09:11:58 +0200

Hello,

I have a question on RFC 3443. Consider the following LSR:

                              +=====+     +=====+     +=====+     +=====+
                        ===|    A     |===|     B     |===|     C    |===| 
    D    |===
                              +=====+     +=====+     +=====+     +=====+

                                           LSP1      0=========X========0
                    LSP2      0=========X==================0

Assume that LSR D has advertised the implicit null label for LSP2.

Assume that LSR B receives from LSR A a packet with the following TTLs:
* ip-ttl = 20.
* mpls-label-lsp2-ttl = 9.
What are now the ip-ttl and mpls-label-lsp1-ttl values of the packet that 
LSR B sends to LSR C? Please consider the different possible cases where 
LSP1 and LSP2 can be of the uniform, pipe or short pipe model 
respectively.

Regards,

        Francis.