Subject: [mpls] RE: PCE BOF - Thursday August 5, 13:00 to 15:00

From: "BOUCADAIR Mohamed RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:37:44 +0200

Hi, 
 
The 
 
draft-mescal-pce-interas-00.txt
draft-mescal-pcp-interas-00.txt
draft-mescal-pceid-00.txt
 
drafts are work in progress. Further information about related work could be found in  <http://www.mescal.org> www.mescal.org.
 
Best regards,
 
Mohamed

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]De la part de lidefeng
Envoyé : jeudi 5 ao?t 2004 02:53
à : Jean Philippe Vasseur; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; TEWG; [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bill Fenner
Objet : Re: PCE BOF - Thursday August 5, 13:00 to 15:00

Hi,
 
I think it is very necessary to do this work in IETF, Service Providers in China also expressed such requirements during the technical exchanges.
 
I have delved into PCE.ppt in the link, however, I can't find the following drafts, If anyone can share with me? Could you please send me these drafts in e-mail, Thanks!
 
draft-mescal-pce-interas-00.txt
draft-mescal-pcp-interas-00.txt
draft-mescal-pceid-00.txt
 
Best Regards
Defeng Li 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Jean Philippe  <mailto:[email-masked]> Vasseur 
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ; TEWG <mailto:[email-masked]>  ; [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ; Bill  <mailto:[email-masked]> Fenner 
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 1:07 PM
Subject: PCE BOF - Thursday August 5, 13:00 to 15:00

Hi,

Just to let you know that the set of slides for the PCE BOF will be available next Monday morning (  <http://www.olddog.co.uk/60/pce.ppt> http://www.olddog.co.uk/60/pce.ppt)

Cheers,

JP and Adrian.

Path Computation Element BOF (PCE BOF) 
60th IETF, San Diego, August 2004

Routing Area Ads: Alex Zinin ( [email-masked]), 
Bill Fenner ( [email-masked])

BOF Chairs: JP Vasseur ( [email-masked]), Adrian Farrel ( [email-masked])

Description: 
In certain MPLS TE networks it may be beneficial or desirable to have path 
computation performed by a distinct node (termed the Path Computation 
Element PCE) that is not the LSR that needs to know the path. This BOF 
examines the scope of such function, what extensions to existing protocols 
might required, what additional protocols may need to be developed, and 
whether there is cuase and support for this work within the IETF. 

Proposed WG Charter 

Organizational Overview 
The PCE working group coordinates the work within the IETF of defining the 
operation of path computation elements within the Internet. Path 
computation elements are responsible for computing paths through IP 
networks for uses such as traffic engineering so that a prime consumer of 
such paths might be an MPLS-TE LSR. Areas of responsibility will include 
the collection of attributes relevant to the computation of paths, the 
discovery by LSRs of available path computation elements, the communication 
with LSRs for the request of path computation, the collaboration between 
path computation elements within the network, and analysis of path 
computation algorithms with a view to ensuring consistency between computed 
paths. The working group will work closely with many working groups in the 
Routing Area including the OSPF, IS-IS, IDR, MPLS and CCAMP working groups. 

Working Group Scope 

The PCE working group scope includes: 
- Definition of Generalized Traffic Engineered LSP paths computation 
techniques involving Path Computation Element(s). This includes the intra 
IGP area, inter IGP area, inter-AS and inter-provider TE LSPs path 
computation for Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint and 
Multipoint-to-Multipoint TE LSPs. 
- Definition of protocol-independent metrics and constraints defining path 
quality measurement criteria, algorithm complexity and scalability criteria 
related to path computation techniques. 
- Definition of requirements for communication between LSRs and PCEs 
including routing extensions in support of PCE discovery techniques within 
an IGP area and across multiple IGP areas, ASes and Provider networks, and 
including the development of new protocols or protocol extensions for 
requesting path computation and supplying responses. Any protocol 
extensions will developed in conjunction with the working groups in charge 
of the specific protocols. 
- Specification of routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) and signalling extensions 
(RSVP-TE) required by PCE-based path computation techniques. The extensions 
will developed in conjunction with the working groups in charge of the 
specific protocols. 
- Specification of requirements and protocol extensions related to the 
policy, security and confidentiality aspects of PCE-based path computation 
techniques involving PCEs of multiple Providers. 
- Definition of MIBs, management procedures related to the protocol 
extensions defined by the WG 
In doing this work, the WG will closely work with at least the following 
other WGs: CCAMP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, IDR. The WG will also cooperate with 
the ITU-T and OIF. 

Goals and Milestones 
Dates for milestones to be decided later. 
- Post strawman WG goals and charter. 
- Submit WG document defining the framework and applicability of the 
PCE model. 
- Select a single candidate protocol from communication between LSRs 
and PCEs. 
- Submit document(s) that define various path computation models 
- Submit an analysis document examining the requirements for coherent 
computation techniques and the implication of cooperation between 
PCEs. 
- Submit a document defining the protocol for communication between 
LSRs and PCEs. 
- Submit document(s) defining extensions to routing and signalling 
protocols necessary to support the use of a PCE model within MPLS 
networks. 
- Submit a document defining MIB modules for modeling and management 
of PCE systems.

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls