Subject: [mpls] Establishment of a formal liaison relationship with IETF MPLS working group

From: "J. Rao Cherukuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:09:24 -0800

Dear George, Loa and Ina:

The MPLS and Frame Relay Alliance (MFA) met in San Francisco CA from 1-4

February 2005.  We would like to thank the IETF MPLS working group for
the 
response to our recent communication.  

We were very pleased to receive your communication indicating an
interest in 
establishing open communication with the MPLS & Frame Relay Alliance.
The 
MFA Technical Committee shares exactly the same view.  Since both 
organizations have indicated a desire to communicate, we would like to 
pursue the IETF formal liaison process as described in: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-liaison-mgt-03.txt

According to draft-iab-liaison-mgt-03.txt, "A liaison relationship is
set up 
when it is mutually agreeable and needed for some specific purpose, in
the 
view of the other organization, the IAB, and the IETF participants 
conducting the work.   There is no set process or form for this; the
IETF 
participants and the peer organization approach the IAB, and after 
discussion come to an agreement to form the relationship."

The MFA is creating MPLS implementation agreements based on protocols 
developed by the IETF MPLS working group.  The MFA can be a source of 
requirements input for the MPLS and GMPLS protocols.  The MFA
understands 
and supports the IETF processes.  

Since there is interest from both sides to have an open communication
that 
would benefit both organizations, the MFA would appreciate the IETF MPLS

working group taking the next step as suggested by the IETF document on
the 
management of liaison relations which is to approach the IAB with our
mutual 
interest.

Cordially,

Rao Cherukuri
Chairman, MPLS and Frame Relay Alliance Technical Committee

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls