Subject: [mpls] LSP ping query

From: "Agiwal, Manoj (Manoj)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:31:32 +0530

Hi , 
        Is it possible to run trace route and LSP ping functionality on PSN
tunnels alone , which are supposed to carrying pseudowires and VPN IPV4
information. 
        This would require to send LSP ping packet with a single mpls shim
label on the data path , even though the edge nodes have been programmed for
two label
        stacks .
Manoj

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Gatot Susilo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:13:42 -0500

Yes, I would think so.
The tunnel is just like another LSP. Say you use RSVP-TE as your tunnel. Then
your MPLS echo message would contain 1 label and 1 RSVP-TE FEC.  It should be
noted that label operation is treated individually. In this case, the tunnel
label will have operation "pop and continue processing".

/Gatot

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:52:01 -0500

> tunnels alone , which are supposed to carrying pseudowires and VPN IPV4

	If by "PSN tunnels" you mean MPLS LSPs that attach PEs, then certainly
you could. Of course, this is true as long as there is a FEC binding for
the label that is bound to that route(s).

	--Tom