Subject: [mpls] MPLS/GMPLS Change Process

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:39:47 -0800

We expect to talk about the MPLS/GMPLS Change Process at the
Routing Area meeting in Minneapolis.  The main changes from the
-00 version are the addition of the preliminary process which
doesn't require an I-D and additional mentions of where liaisons
fit in the process.

Let's please discuss this on the routing-discussion list, instead
of trying to use both ccamp and mpls lists.

  Bill

----- Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-01.txt
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:50:01 -0500
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

	Title		: MPLS and GMPLS Change Process
	Author(s)	: L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
The MPLS and GMPLS protocol suites have become quite popular for a
   growing number of applications and deployment scenarios.  One result
   of this popularity is a large number of suggestions for modifications
   and extensions.

   The IETF needs to be flexible and responsive in how it handles these
   suggestions, and has a responsiblity to supervise the growth and
   evolution of MPLS and GMPLS protocols.

   This memo describes the process through which individuals, working
   groups and external standards bodies can influence the development of
   the MPLS and GMPLS standards.  This process means that extensions and
   changes to protocols specified by these working groups can only be
   made through the IETF, the body that created the (G)MPLS
   ((Generalized) Multiprotocol Label Switching) technologies.  When
   possible, existing liaison relationships are used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[Don't know how to fetch mail-server a3]
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

----- End forwarded message:

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:33:07 -0500

> of trying to use both ccamp and mpls lists.

Bill,

Excellent job on the liason section.  Exactly as it should be.

Curtis