Subject: [mpls] Call for Papers - BroadNets 2005 (Broadband Optical Networking Symposium)

From: "Dawn " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:43:22 -0600

We apologize if you receive this announcement multiple times

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Second Annual International Conference on Broadband Networks

(BROADNETS 2005)

Broadband Optical Networking Symposium

October 3 - 7, 2005

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

http://www.broadnets.org

Submission Deadline Extended: February 25, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

-----

BROADNETS 2005 is an international conference focusing on broadband
networking and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks

with high bandwidth available for both wireless and wireline networks.

The conference will consist of the following three symposia:

** Broadband Optical Networking Symposium: covers WDM technologies, Ethernet
and MPLS integration into the optical layer, Next-Generation SONET/SDH, as
well as SAN extensions over DWDM/SONET/SDH.

** Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium: covers mobility, routing for
multihop, multimedia QoS and traffic management, cross-layer optimization,
MAC and emerging physical layer technologies (UWB, MIMO) for high-speed
wireless networking.

** Broadband Applications/Services Symposium: covers middleware and service
architectures for broadband applications, pervasive computing and ubiquitous
communications, and universal broadband access for information services.

BROADNETS 2005 will thus offer a unique forum for researchers from academia,
government and industry to share ideas and disseminate new 

results in these important areas.

This Call for Papers describes the details for the Broadband Optical
Networking Symposium ONLY. (Refer to the www.broadnets.org website

for the details of Broadband Wireless Symposium and Broadband
Applications/Services Symposium.)  We are soliciting full papers in all

research, development, and deployment areas on broadband optical networking.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:

- Wavelength-routed WDM networks

- Integration of Ethernet and RPR into the optical layer

- IP and MPLS over DWDM: integration and interworking

- Next-generation SONET/SDH and MSPP

- SAN over SONET/SDH and DWDM

- Network control and management, GMPLS

- Survivability in the data, TDM or optical layers

- Optical packet switching and burst switching

- High-speed switch and router architectures

- Optical multicasting

- Standards for multi-service networks

- Long-haul optical transport networks

- Metropolitan and regional optical networks

- Access optical networks, PONs

- Optical networking for video-on-demand

- Trial implementations and test-beds

- Multi-layer network design and optimization

- Grid computing over optical networks

- Optical technologies: switching, transmission and multiplexing

Conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society.

A set of selected papers from the symposium will be published in a special
issue of Elsevier Optical Switching and Networking Journal.

IMPORTANT DATES

---------------

Submission Deadline (Extended):     February 25, 2005

Acceptance Notification:        May 15, 2005

Final Manuscript Due:           June 1, 2005

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

-----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages in IEEE
conference proceedings format.  Papers should be submitted in PDF

format to the respective symposium through the EDAS system at
http://edas.info/Conference.cgi.

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

-------------------------------

General Chair:

Dr. Arun Somani, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

General Vice Chair:

Dr. Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Optical Networking Symposium

Dr. David Griffith, NIST, [email-masked]

Dr. Srini Ramasubramanian, University of Arizona, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chair- Wireless Networking Symposium:

Dr. Sherman Shen, Univ. of Waterloo, [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs - Services and Applications Symposium

Dr. Malathi Veeraraghavan, Univ. of Virginia, [email-masked]

Dr. Admela Jukan, Georgia Tech, [email-masked]

Workshops Chairs:

Dr. Wendi Heinzelman, University of Rochester, [email-masked]

Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, [email-masked]

Dr. Behcet Sarikaya, University of Northern British Columbia,

[email-masked]

Tutorials Chair:

Dr. Steven Low, CalTech., [email-masked]

Panels Chairs:

Dr. Surendar Chandra, Univ. of Notre Dame, [email-masked]

Dr. Rudra Dutta, NCSU, [email-masked]

Publicity Chairs:

Dr. Bhaskar Krishnamachari, USC, [email-masked]

Dr. Takeo Hamada, Fujitsu Labs of America, [email-masked]

Website/Information Systems Chair:

Dr. Shiwen Mao, Virginia Tech, [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Chairs:

Dr. Aura Ganz, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst, [email-masked]

Dr. Ling Li, CIENA, [email-masked]

Publications Chairs:

Dr. Ahmed Kamal, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Dr. Hui Zang, Sprint Adv. Tech. Labs, [email-masked]

Exhibits and Sponsorships Chair:

Dr. Sai Shankar N, Philips Research USA, [email-masked]

Finance Chair:

Karen Decker, ICST, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Co-Chairs:

Dr. Imrich Chlamtac, UT Dallas, [email-masked]

Dr. Krishna Sivalingam, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County,

[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls