Subject: [mpls] Fulltime opportunity for MPLS and BGP expert in San Jose, California

From: "Nikki Motas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:59:41 -0800

Hi Everyone,
 
I have a client in San Jose that is looking for a fulltime Network and
Customer Support Engineer.  Although it is Network and Customer support,
the position is rather high profile and does pay very well.
 
I've included the job description below.  Please let me know if you are
interested and available.  I'd like to talk to you more about this
opportunity.
 
Thanks!
Nikki
 
Senior Network and Customer Support Engineer 

Duties and Responsibilities: 
(List of responsibilities including daily, weekly, quarterly, etc.) 

- Provide high-level technical expertise in resolving core design and
avoid further product issues. 
- Provides support to customers, resellers, and field personnel in
resolving company product related issues 
- Document sequence of events related to resolving customer technical
issues 

The Customer Support Engineer will provide daily phone consultation with
clients as they call to report problems with their software and/or
hardware; document client calls in the client management database;
ensure client expectations are properly managed, and that issues and
needs are resolved to the client's satisfaction in a timely manner. The
successful candidate will work as a direct resource for external
clients, as well as internal clients to resolve technical problems,
provide troubleshooting skills and research for more difficult problems,
escalate client problems that require a more complicated solution,
maintain call ownership, and see the problem through to resolution.
Additionally, they will test new releases for software products before
distribution to clients to ensure the product is sound, work with third
party vendors regarding client data that is transmitted to them,
research and resolve problems that may occur with sending and/or
receiving client data, troubleshoot client-reporting issues, contact
vendors to clear up the issues, and provide follow-up to clients when
issues are resolved. The Successful candidate understands all service
offers and the benefits to our clients, works as a direct resource to
answer client inquiries, and must have the ability to effectively
communicate to both clients and internal personnel while working under
pressure and with time constraints. Finally, the successful candidate
will be involved in the creation and completion of department and
individual goals and fulfilling all services the team promises to
clients. 
Job Qualifications
Education and Work Experience: 
MOST IMPORTANT - very strong BGP and MPLS experience
CCIE training or certification is highly desirable

FNCNE and/or FNCNP is highly preferred. Candidates hired without this
certification will be required to complete the FNCNE certification
program within six (6) months of hire date. Prefer BS or related
discipline. Experience with STP, BGP, OSPF, RIP, L4-7 Switching, MPLS,
IPX, AppleTalk 
Federal clearance is a HUGE plus, but not a requirement.
 
This is 24/7 operation and this position will entail shift work after
the first 4 months

Nikki Motas
Technical Recruiter
EdisonSearch, A division of Mindsource, Inc
650.314.6411 direct
650.704.1201 mobile
 
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls