Subject: [mpls] MobiQuitous 2005 - Call for Papers

From: "Dawn " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:32:57 -0600

MobiQuitous 2005 - CALL FOR PAPERS

The Second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:
Networking and Services

http://www.mobiquitous.org

July 17-21, 2005, San Diego, California

ABSTRACT REGISTRATION DEADLINE: February 16, 2005

FULL PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 23, 2005

Sponsored by:

CreateNet (www.create-net.it) and ICST

Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society (Pending)

Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (Pending)

In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE (Pending)

Technically Co-Sponsored by AAAI (Pending)

Proceedings to be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and to be made
available on IEEE Explore

****************************************

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a
promising new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and

communication services all the time, everywhere, transparently and invisibly
to the user, using devices embedded in the surrounding physical

environment. In this context, the communication devices, the objects with
which they interact, or both may be mobile. The implementation of such a
paradigm requires advances in wireless network technologies and devices,
development of infrastructures supporting cognitive environments, and

discovery and identification of ubiquitous computing applications and
services.

The second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:
networking and services (Mobiquitous-05) will cover all these

aspects, representing a forum where practitioners and researchers coming
from the many areas involved in ubiquitous solutions design and deployment
will be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer experiences needed to
build the overall ubiquitous systems. Areas addressed by the conference
include: applications, service-oriented computing, middleware, networking,
agents, knowledge management and databases.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are

solicited. The conference is interested in contributions addressing all the
areas associated with mobile and ubiquitous architectures, infrastructure
and services. Technical works clearly identifying how the specific
contributions fit to an overall working solution are particularly of
interest. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Ubiquitous architectures and systems

* Wearable computing and personal area network

* Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous (Bluetooth, ZigBee,

802.15.x, WiFi)

* Incentive-based deployment of ad hoc networks

* Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless network

* Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and

composition mechanisms

* Wireless/mobile service management and delivery

* Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems

* Peer-to-peer knowledge management

* Emerging industrial/business scenarios

* Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)

* Smart spaces

* Ad hoc and sensor networking

* Localization and tracking

* Context and location aware application

* Multimedia encoding and transcoding

* Middleware services

* Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, andmobile systems

* Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds

* User interfaces

* Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous

computing

* Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:  All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors should

prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF) or postscript version of their full
paper.  Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size,

8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size must
be at least 10 points. The deadline for registering the title and the

abstract of the paper with our electronic submission system is February 2,
2005. The deadline for submitting the actual paper is February 9, 2005.

All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by technical
program committee members. Accepted papers will be published in the
conference proceedings.  Papers of particular merit will be proposed for
publication in a ACM/Kluwer MONET special issue.

WORKSHOPS: Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with
the conference are solicited.  A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted
which include the workshop name, its scope and a list of topic of interests.
Proposals should be submitted to both the Workshop co-Chairs

by December 17 2004.

DEMOS: Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited.  A maximum
of 2 pages should be submitted which include a description of the

demo and needed resources from the conference organizers. Proposals should
be submitted to Dr. Ramiro Liscano (Demo Chair) [email-masked] by May
29th, 2005.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper registration deadline:  February 16, 2005

Full paper submission deadline:      February 23, 2005

Notification of acceptance:  April 29, 2005

Camera-ready version due:  May 15, 2005

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair:

Ramesh Rao (Univ. of California, San Diego)

General Co-Vice-Chairs:

Chiara Petrioli (Universit di Roma La Sapienza)

Krishna Sivalingam (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

Networking:

Suresh Singh (Portland State University)

Philippe Bonnet (University of Copenhagen)

Services/Knowledge Management:

Anupam Joshi (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Ryusuke Masuoka (Fujitsu Labs of America)

Publicity Co-Chairs:

Andreas Savvides (Yale University) and

Mohamed Younis (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Panels Chairs: TBA

Workshop Chairs:

Stefano Basagni (Northeastern University)

Prithwish Basu  (BBN Technologies)

Demos Chair:

Ramiro Liscano (University of Ottawa)

Publications Chair:

Antonis Kalis (Athens Information Technology)

Local Arrangements Chair: 

Kang Wang, Qualcomm Inc.

Finance Chair:

Karen Decker (ICST Texas,USA)

Accommodations Chair:

Kathy Kunz (ICST California,USA)

Registration Chair: 

Vishal Anand, SUNY College at Brockport

Steering Committee: 

Imrich Chlamtac (CreateNet, Inc.), Chair

Michele Zorzi (Universita di Padova)

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls