Subject: [mpls] About RSVP Path and Resv messages.

From: Manodha Gamage <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:40:22 +0900

Dear all,
I am student and can some one please let me know what is the reasonable
set up time of an LSP using the RSVP-TE. 
As we know LSPs are set up by exchanging the Path and Resv messages
between an ingress-egress pair.
Therefore can we say roughly this setup time is equal to the round trip
time between the ingress and egress?
Please advice me, where should I refer to find such information.

regards

Manodha Gamage

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.6.2 - Release Date: 2005/03/04

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Eric Osborne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:19:05 -0500

> Please advice me, where should I refer to find such information.

It'll be roughly round-trip delay plus some amount of per-hop processing
time; how long it takes to process at each hop depends on the hardware,
software, and network involved, but it should be sub-second at each hop,
and very likely only a small number of msec per hop.  To get more detail
than that, you'll have to test specific hw/sw under specific conditions.

eric