Subject: [mpls] draft-yasukawa-mpls-ldp-mcast-over-p2mp-lsps-00.tx

From: Seisho Yasukawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:48:17 +0900

Hi all,

Please note that we have submitted
draft-yasukawa-mpls-ldp-mcast-over-p2mp-lsps-00.txt to start the
discussion of the support of multicast LDP over MPLS P2MP TE LSPs. The
abstract is as follows...

 >    Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) includes the facility to
 >    provision point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineered (TE) Label
 >    Switched Paths (LSPs) which can be used to construct P2MP tunnels
 >    across MPLS networks.
 >
 >    The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) has also been extended to
 >    support label distribution for multicast traffic by forming multicast
 >    LSPs.
 >
 >    When traffic for a user network is carried across a provider network,
 >    it is common practice for the traffic to be placed in tunnels. This
 >    document examines the requirements to carry multicast MPLS traffic
 >    across a provider network within P2MP MPLS tunnels, and sets out
 >    solutions that meet those requirements.

It is obviously early to be discussing this as the ideas for multicast LDP
have not been agreed yet, but we thought that there was sufficient
similarity in the proposals to make this new I-D worthwhile.

We would be very pleased to receive your feedback.

Thanks,
Seisho 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls