Subject: [mpls] LSP PING Ext for testing backup path

From: "M. ELK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:04:17 +0000

Hi

In LSP PING draft :

quote

The problem of probing the various flavors of backup paths that will typ-
ically not be used for forwarding data unless the primary LSP is down
will not be addressed here.

Unquote

Any other draft address/suggest a way/technique  to on-line test a FRR 
facility ??.
Or , did any manufacturer introduce a proprietary feature to do the same ??? 
.

My guess that by extending the DS mapping TLV the FRR facility could be 
tested ,
ex:
    X-------Y-------Z

  when Y respond with echo reply ,it send qty 2 DS TLV : one for the normal 
path and the
  other for the protected one .
  X could excercise the protected one in his next echo request (using 
multipath info ).

Brgds

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! 
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls