Subject: [mpls] RFC 4090

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:01:52 -0400

RFC 4090 was recently published.  During the Auth-48 review some changes
we made to the document that were technically changes to normative text
and should have been reviewed by the workgroup.  The changes are as
follows:

One SHOULD was made a should ( Sec 1 par 5) and a may was changed to a
MAY (Sec 7.1.2 item 3).  These were a request from the RFC Editor to
make the text consistent; the authors agreed to take those changes as
part of the authors 48 hours period.

In two other places a should was changed to a SHOULD.  In Section 5,
last paragraph that changing from un-protected to protected SHOULD be
via make-before-break.  The second occurs in the last sentence of the
last paragraph of Section 7.1.2.  This stipulates that that when merging
PATH messages in the detour method, one SHOULD send path errors for
those whose DETOUR object would otherwise be violated.

I can assure you that the authors' intentions were only to add clarity.
None of the authors believe the text changes will impact any
implementation.  

If anyone objects to the changes, please inform the WG chairs.

...George

========================================================================
George Swallow             Cisco Systems                  (978) 936-1398
                           1414 Massachusetts Avenue
                           Boxborough, MA 01719

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls