Subject: RE: [mpls] Last Call: 'Definition of an RRO node-id subobject' to Proposed Standard

From: "Balaji, Hemanth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:40:40 +0530

Hi,

   I have a small doubt. ( may be related to the following draft or just
related to RRO )

"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-06.
txt"

The doubt might sound basic but it would be helpful if the authors or
anyone else could clarify it.

My Question is this,

Since we are talking about Inter-area or Inter-AS  TE LSPs, what will be
the
Behavior in case of duplication of Node-ids. i.e Since the scope of
router/node id is within the AS, the same router-id could exist in
another AS. Though this can always be prevented by being careful with
our configurations. I just wanted to know what will happen if the RRO
encounters the same node/router ID(in different ASs) along its path.
Since the router-id is appearing for a second time in the path, that
node will not be added to the RRO presuming that a loop would be formed.
But in this case, it is not so. So what would be the behavior?

Thanks,
Hemanth.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:39 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Last Call: 'Definition of an RRO node-id subobject' to
Proposed Standard 

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching
WG to 
consider the following document:

- 'Definition of an RRO node-id subobject '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-07-28.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-06.
txt

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls