Subject: [mpls] Please join

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:35:39 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 2006 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems
(CTS'06)

May 14-17, 2005

Luxor Hotel and Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

http://www.engr.udayton.edu/faculty/wsmari/cts06/

Special Session on Collaborative Networking Infrastructure

Submission Deadline: January 15, 2006

Brief Description:

A Special Session on collaborative networking infrastructure is being
organized under the 2006 Collaborative Technologies Symposium (CTS'06) to be
held May 14-17, 2006, Luxor Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.  This special
session is planned to bring together people from industry, government and
academia who are working to innovate, develop and use networking
infrastructure for the purpose of collaborative work in various fields of
knowledge.  Some of the recent examples of collaborative work via networking
include SPARC that researchers in upper atmospheric and space physics from
around the world are able to use.  SPARC provides the users with a set of
online collaboration tools and workspaces that link together scientific
instruments, data, and models.  Work is in progress to design and test
portable mobile collaborative networks that can be created to deal with
emergencies.

This special session looks at all hardware and software issues that are
involved in providing a reliable, robust and ubiquitous networking
infrastructure to build collaborative tools and services and the state of
the art as well as experimental results and posters about ongoing work in
this direction.  We invite original contributions on these emerging and
important areas of information technology.

Topics include, but not limited to:

* High Speed Networking for Collaboration

* Collaborative Sensory Networks

* Group and Cooperative Communications

* Event Detection, Classification and Tracking

* Wireless, Mobile and Portable Collaborative Networking and Issues

* Protocols for Collaborative Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks

* Data Transport in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks

* Power-aware and Energy-efficient Designs

* Localization and Synchronization in Wireless Sensor Networks

* Data Gathering, Fusion, and Dissemination in Collaborative Wireless
Sensors

* Routing Protocols and Routing Metrics

* Cross-layer Design and Optimization Methods

* Application, Operating System and Middleware Support

* Reliability, Security, and Trustworthiness in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks

* Fault-tolerance, Self-healing, and Reliability of Networks

* Location Discovery and Time Synchronization Techniques

* Network Coverage and Connectivity

* Topology Discovery, Management and Self-organization

* Network Scalability and Limitations

* Building Community Networks Issues

* Performance Modeling and Analysis

* Quality of Service Issues

* Query Processing and Data Aggregation

* Design, Implementation and Management of Collaborative Websites and
Services

* Tools and Techniques for Web based Collaborative Multimedia Communications

* Software Development for Data Visualization from Distributed Data Centers

Paper Submission:

Papers reporting original and unpublished research results on above and any
other related networking topics are solicited.  Submission should include a
cover page with authors' names, affiliations, addresses, fax and phone
numbers, and email addresses.  Please indicate clearly the corresponding
author and the name of the special session.  Include up to 6 keywords and an
abstract of no more than 300 words.  Please submit an electronic copy of
your full manuscript (not to exceed 15 double-spaced pages including
figures, tables, and references or not exceeding 7 pages in length in
single-space, two columns IEEE format) for consideration, to session
organizer at [email-masked] by January 15, 2006.

Consistent with standard practice, each submitted paper will receive three
reviews.  Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness,
significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation.  Initial selection
will be based on full papers.  Submission implies the willingness of at
least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted.
All accepted papers in the Symposium are expected to be presented and will
be included in the conference proceedings.  It is our intent to have the
proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at
the time of the conference.

Important Dates:

Paper Submission Deadline:  ........ January 15, 2006

Notification of Acceptance:  ........ February 13, 2006

Registration & Camera-Ready Paper Due:  ... March 10, 2006

Session Organizer:

Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi

Department of Computer Science

State University of New York at Fredonia

Fredonia, NY 14063, USA

Tel: +1-716-673-4694

Fax: +1-508-256-8324

Email:  [email-masked]

WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi

If you have questions concerning session paper submission or session
content, please contact the Special Session organizer at the address above.

If you have questions concerning symposium paper submissions or the
symposium program, please contact the symposium co-chairs: Bill McQuay at
AFRL/IFSD, WPAFB ([email-masked]) or Waleed Smari at the Dept.
of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Dayton
([email-masked]), or consult the conference web site at URL:
http://www.engr.udayton.edu/faculty/wsmari/cts06/.

***********************************************************
Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
Department of Computer Science
SUNY at Fredonia, Fredonia, NY 14063, USA.
Tel: (716)673-4694
WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi
Email: [email-masked]
***********************************************************

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls