Subject: [mpls] send it by January 23rd

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:36:39 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Session on
Collaborative Networking Infrastructure

Submission Deadline: January 23, 2006

Brief Description:

  A Special Session on collaborative networking infrastructure is being
organized under the 2006 Collaborative Technologies Symposium (CTS'06) to be
held May 14-17, 2006, Luxor Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. This special
session is planned to bring together people from industry, government and
academia who are working to innovate, develop and use networking
infrastructure for the purpose of collaborative work in various fields of
knowledge. Some of the recent examples of collaborative work via networking
include SPARC that researchers in upper atmospheric and space physics from
around the world are able to use. SPARC provides the users with a set of
online collaboration tools and workspaces that link together scientific
instruments, data, and models. Work is in progress to design and test
portable mobile collaborative networks that can be created to deal with
emergencies.

  This special session looks at all hardware and software issues that are
involved in providing a reliable, robust and ubiquitous networking
infrastructure to build collaborative tools and services and the state of
the art as well as experimental results and posters about ongoing work in
this direction. We invite original contributions on these emerging and
important areas of information technology.

Topics of Interest include (but are not limited to):

  High Speed Networking for Collaboration
  Collaborative Sensory Networks
  Group and Cooperative Communications
  Event Detection, Classification and Tracking
  Wireless, Mobile and Portable Collaborative Networking and Issues
  Protocols for Collaborative Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
  Data Transport in Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
  Power-aware and Energy-efficient Designs
  Localization and Synchronization in Wireless Sensor Networks
  Data Gathering, Fusion, and Dissemination in Collaborative Wireless
Sensors
  Routing Protocols and Routing Metrics
  Cross-layer Design and Optimization Methods
  Application, Operating System and Middleware Support
  Reliability, Security, and Trustworthiness in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
  Fault-tolerance, Self-healing, and Reliability of Networks
  Location Discovery and Time Synchronization Techniques
  Network Coverage and Connectivity
  Topology Discovery, Management and Self-organization
  Network Scalability and Limitations
  Building Community Networks Issues Performance Modeling and Analysis
  Quality of Service Issues
  Query Processing and Data Aggregation Design,
  Implementation and Management of Collaborative Websites and Services
  Tools and Techniques for Web based Collaborative Multimedia Communications
  Software Development for Data Visualization from Distributed Data Centers

Paper Submission:

  Papers reporting original and unpublished research results on above and
any other related networking topics are solicited. Submission should include
a cover page with authors' names, affiliations, addresses, fax and phone
numbers, and email addresses. Please indicate clearly the corresponding
author and the name of the special session. Include up to 6 keywords and an
abstract of no more than 300 words. Please submit an electronic copy of your
full manuscript (not to exceed 15 double-spaced pages including figures,
tables, and references or not exceeding 7 pages in length in single-space,
two columns IEEE format) for consideration, to session organizer at
[email-masked] by January 23, 2006.

  Consistent with standard practice, each submitted paper will receive three
reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness,
significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation. Initial selection will
be based on full papers. Submission implies the willingness of at least one
of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. All accepted
papers in the Symposium are expected to be presented and will be included in
the conference proceedings. It is our intent to have the proceedings
formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of
the conference.

Important Dates:

          Paper Submission Deadline: January 23, 2006

          Notification of Acceptance: February 13, 2006

          Registration & Camera-Ready Paper Due: March 10, 2006

Special Session Organizers:

  Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
  Department of Computer Science
  State University of New York at Fredonia
  Fredonia, NY 14063, USA
  Tel: +1-716-673-4694
  Fax: +1-508-256-8324
  Email: [email-masked]
  WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi

Technical Program Committee:

  Imran Tasadduq, Sir Syed University, Pakistan ([email-masked])
  Muhammad Jaseemuddin, Ryerson University, Canada ([email-masked])
  Mohiuddin Ahmed, IIUM, Malaysia ([email-masked])
  Tarique Haider, Hamdard University, Pakistan ([email-masked])
  Omer Mahmoud, IIUM, Malaysia ([email-masked])

If you have questions concerning session paper submission or session
content, please contact the Special Session organizer at the address above.

For information or questions about the full Symposium's program, tutorials,
exhibits, demos, panel and special sessions organization, please consult the
conference web site at URL:
http://www.engr.udayton.edu/faculty/wsmari/cts06/ or contact the symposium
co-chairs: Bill McQuay at AFRL/IFSD, WPAFB ([email-masked]) or
Waleed W. Smari at the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of Dayton ([email-masked]).

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls