Subject: [mpls] The IPR situation for the upstream label allocation

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:08:03 +0100

All,

at the meetings in Paris and Vancouver the working group
discussed MPLS multicast and as part of this also drafts
that suggested that we use upstream label allocation for
MPLS multicast.

The drafts are:

   draft-raggarwa-mpls-ldp-upstream-00
   draft-raggarwa-mpls-rsvp-upstream-00
   draft-raggarwa-mpls-upstream-label-01
   draft-rosen-mpls-multicast-encaps-01

The authors asked that they were made working group documents.
There were a good to strong support for making them working
group documents, but is it was pointed out that there were
non-disclosed IPRs on upstream label allocation.

This made the situation unclear.

Since then we have notified the IETF secretariat and the Routing
Area Directors on the situation on the IPRs. We have no
indication that the existing IPRs will be a problem to progress
a standard in this area. As far as we can see all the relevant
IPRs has been publicly disclosed to the IETF.

We will therefor shortly in separate mails re-initiate the call
for consensus to make the four drafts above working group
documents.

Loa and George

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls