Subject: [mpls] Reg: One clarification needed reg RFC 3209 on the scope of Tunnel ID

From: "Dutta, Pranjal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:29:45 +0530

Hi All,

           RFC 3209 states regarding uniquely identifying a LSP Tunnel
as follows:

"A tunnel ID is part of the SESSION object.
   The SESSION object uniquely defines a traffic engineered tunnel.  The

Awduche, et al.             Standards Track                     [Page 7]
 
RFC 3209           Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels      December 2001

   SENDER_TEMPLATE and FILTER_SPEC objects carry an LSP ID.  The
   SENDER_TEMPLATE (or FILTER_SPEC) object together with the SESSION
   object uniquely identifies an LSP tunnel"
 
So at the ingress LSR, a Session Object is identified with Tunnel ID,
Dst IPV4/IPV6 Address of the Tunnel and Ext Tunnel ID (which can be set
to source address). That means both tunnel_id and dst_addr uniquely
identifies a LSP tunnel.
 
With respect to an ingress LSR does that mean that tunnel_id is specific
to one particular destination and the same tunnel_id may be used for
another tunnel (originating at the same LSR) that goes to diff.
destination?
 
Info on this would be of great help.
 
Thanks in advance,
Pranjal

 

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls