Subject: [mpls] RFC 5038 on The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) Implementation Survey Results

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5038

        Title:      The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) 
                    Implementation Survey Results 
        Author:     B. Thomas, L. Andersson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46890
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5038.txt

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), described in RFC 3031, is a
method for forwarding packets that uses short, fixed-length values
carried by packets, called labels, to determine packet next hops.  A
fundamental concept in MPLS is that two Label Switching Routers
(LSRs) must agree on the meaning of the labels used to forward
traffic between and through them.  This common understanding is
achieved by using a set of procedures, called a Label Distribution
Protocol (as described in RFC 3036) , by which one LSR informs another
of label bindings it has made.  One such protocol, called LDP, is used
by LSRs to distribute labels to support MPLS forwarding along normally
routed paths.  This document reports on a survey of LDP implementations
conducted in August 2002 as part of the process of advancing LDP from
Proposed to Draft Standard.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls