Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:30:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2007-10-28

Recent proposals have extended the scope of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) to encompass
point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.

The requirement for a simple and efficient mechanism that can be
used to detect data plane failures in point-to-point (P2P) MPLS LSPs
has been recognised and has led to the development of techniques
for fault detection and isolation commonly referred to as "LSP Ping".

The scope of this document is fault detection and isolation for P2MP
MPLS LSPs. This documents does not replace any of the mechanisms of
LSP Ping, but clarifies their applicability to MPLS P2MP LSPs, and
extends the techniques and mechanisms of LSP Ping to the MPLS P2MP
environment.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:13:20 -0000

Hi,

Small changes as documented in the changes section of the I-D.

Mainly just keeping the I-D alive.

A
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 3:30 AM
Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-lsp-ping-05.txt

> Title           : Detecting Data Plane Failures in Point-to-Multipoint 
> Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - Extensions to LSP Ping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------