Subject: [mpls] RFC 5036 on LDP Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5036

        Title:      LDP Specification 
        Author:     L. Andersson, Ed.,
                    I. Minei, Ed.,
                    B. Thomas, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      135
        Characters: 287101
        Obsoletes:  RFC3036
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5036.txt

The architecture for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is
described in RFC 3031.  A fundamental concept in MPLS is
that two Label Switching Routers (LSRs) must agree on the meaning of
the labels used to forward traffic between and through them.  This
common understanding is achieved by using a set of procedures, called
a label distribution protocol, by which one LSR informs another of
label bindings it has made.  This document defines a set of such
procedures called LDP (for Label Distribution Protocol) by which LSRs
distribute labels to support MPLS forwarding along normally routed
paths.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF. 

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls