Subject: [mpls] Question about ldp label Mapping Message

From: Miri wolloch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:09:47 +0200

Hi all,
 
Consider the following scenario:

Due to some local event LSR X removes a local label for some FEC and
sends a Label_withdraw_message to LSR Y. 
As a result, according to rfc 3036, LSR Y sends back a label Release
message. 
Before LSR X recieves this label Release message a new event occurs that
demands to add a new local label to that FEC and to send a label mapping
message to Y. LSR X is choosing the label just removed to be added
again.
Now, when the label Release message, coming from LSR Y, is received, LSR
X releases the label just added.

Eventually we are left with no label for that FEC.

Have anyone ever encountered this kind of scenario? IS this a true RFC
bug ?

Thanks for any comments how to overcome this problem.

Miri

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Ina Minei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

Miri,

 	Until the "release" is received, the label is not eligible for 
reuse, as it is still in use by the neighboring router. This is done at 
the implementation level, not at the protocol level.

 			Ina