Subject: [mpls] MPLS newbie

From: cormacmul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:47:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am new to MPLS and for the moment i have one question.

I am currently working in academic research we are researching VOIP and how
to quantify quality. This part of the project is done and now we need to
quantify the quality of calls over certain paths. We were going to use
IPv6's Type 0 routing header. But this does not seem to be way forward as it
is now been depreciated. Type 4 routing header may be an option in the
future but this may take years. In the mean time I'm wondering if I can do
the same with MPLS?

All feedback is welcome on the question above, maybe it is not the way to go
as maybe quality of VOIP calls will be better over MPLS and not be a true
comparison to normal IP routing.

All advice welcome as to what other options I could look into.

Regards,
Cormac

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/MPLS-newbie-tf4902157.html#a14042451
Sent from the IETF - mpls mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls