Subject: [mpls] Update of draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01

From: Cao Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:45:56 +0800

Hi everyone,

We have submitted draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt.       
The URL of the draft: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mpls/draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection-01.txt .  
 	
Welcome to comment :)

Cheers!
Cao Wei
2007-11-21
------------------------------------------------------------------------	
Filename:	 draft-cao-mpls-te-p2mp-head-protection
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Head Node Protection Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels
Creation_date:	 2007-11-17
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 17

Abstract:
Protection methods for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP have been described in [TE-
FRR]([RFC4090]) and [P2MP-TE-Bypass], but there are no solutions to 
protect an RSVP-TE P2MP head node. This document discusses the 
scenario for RSVP-TE P2MP LSP head node failure protection and 
describes the protection procedures. RSVP-TE extensions for such 
protection are also described. 

To protect the head node, a backup head node is appointed which 
forwards traffic to downstream LSRs of the LSP when the protected 
head node fails. The backup head node is not on the path of protected 
LSP. Similar to [TE-FRR] there are two methods that can apply: one-

 to-one backup and facility backup. Only one-to-one backup is 
described in detail here, facility backup will be discussed in a 
future version of this draft.  				
--------------

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Nitin Bahadur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:15:16 -0800

WG,

   A new version of "Mechanism for performing LSP-Ping over MPLS
tunnels" has been submitted.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mpls/draft-nitinb-lsp-ping-over-mpls-tunnel-01.
txt

Abstract:
This document describes methods for performing lsp-ping traceroute
over mpls tunnels.  The techniques outlined in RFC 4379 are insufficient
to perform correct traceroute validation and path discovery for a LSP
that goes over other mpls tunnels.  This document describes new
procedures that can be used in conjunction with the standard
procedures described in RFC 4379 to trace such LSPs.

Changes since ver-00.

* Outlined detailed procedures for performing hierarchical lsp trace
* Extended procedures to perform tracing of stitched LSPs
* Introduced a Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV which deprecates
Downstream
  Mapping TLV of RFC4379.
* Updated security considerations

Please take some time to go through the document. We shall be presenting
it at Vancouver.

Nitin